The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

The WI A team vs the English Lions?

analyst-kid 2018-02-03 14:51:58 

...is this team announced? I heard Keith Holder speaking of the players leaving the Pride Squad soon...but I can't find the team anywhere!

sunfish 2018-02-03 15:12:11 

In reply to analyst-kid

You beat me to this post. Team picked but was it announced? I don't think so because I've searched on the CWI site and could not find it.

bobby 2018-02-03 16:00:14 

In reply to sunfish
You are lucky to be able to navigate the CWI website. It is a pieceof shite but who can expect anything else from these crooks?

sunfish 2018-02-03 16:15:47 

In reply to bobby

The key is to click the 'Media' menu item which displays all news bulletins.

goofballs 2018-02-03 18:03:15 

In reply to analyst-kid

Any news yet?

hawk 2018-02-03 18:22:52 

i am eager to see who made this team

analyst-kid 2018-02-03 18:48:37 

In reply to hawk

I click MEDIA on that menu before....nothing.

analyst-kid 2018-02-03 20:19:08 

all I heard from Keith Holder is that Cummins,Dowrich,Warrican and Brooks will be leaving the squad to prepare with the rest of the A team next match

voiceofreason 2018-02-03 20:22:00 

Hamilton, Cornwall, Powell and Hodge may also be joining the squad. Unofficial.

TheTrail 2018-02-03 20:53:16 

Chemar Holder and Keemo Paul should be on that A team.

goofballs 2018-02-03 21:00:07 

In reply to analyst-kid

all I heard from Keith Holder is that Cummins,Dowrich,Warrican and Brooks

Same here.
The mafia is usually very secretive in its operation.

hawk 2018-02-03 21:00:08 

In reply to TheTrail

I concur with your two selections

goofballs 2018-02-03 21:05:39 

We should enlist Chrissy to go for the jugular of that Coni guy.

Team must be announced.

We, the fans, have plans too.

TheTrail 2018-02-03 21:29:56 

In reply to hawk

In reply to TheTrail

I concur with your two selections

I cannot see why they would keep them out.

Right now we only have test level Fast bowlers in:

1)Roach
2)Gabriel
3)Cummins
4)Joseph

------------

5)Holder
6)Paul

A taste of the England Lions would let us know if both of them are ready for the test team. I believe they are ready for the next level.

anthonyp 2018-02-03 21:34:38 

In reply to TheTrail

Keemo wasnt selected for the series.. Only Reifer and Singh I think from Jaguars..

Narper 2018-02-03 21:49:18 

SQUADS FOR ENGLAND LIONS TOUR OF WINDIES, 2018

England Lions tour of Windies, 2018

3 ODIs, 3 Tests . Feb 11-Mar 11

England Lions

England Lions unofficial Test squad:
Keaton Jennings(c), Joe Clarke, Liam Livingstone, Sam Curran, James Porter, Paul Coughlin, Saqib Mahmood, Nick Gubbins, Alex Davies, Haseeb Hameed, Daniel Lawrence, Ben Foakes, Toby Roland-Jones, Jack Leach, Mason Crane, Josh Tongue

England Lions unofficial ODI squad:
Keaton Jennings(c), Joe Clarke, Liam Livingstone, Sam Curran, James Porter, Paul Coughlin, Saqib Mahmood, Nick Gubbins, Alex Davies, Liam Dawson, Dominic Bess, Tom Helm, George Garton, Sam Northeast, Matthew Parkinson

Windies A
Squad not announced for Windies A

Link

XDFIX 2018-02-03 22:30:36 

Any Yardie even worthy of mekking Windies A team, so disappointed that King hasn't fired!

mikesiva 2018-02-04 03:02:25 

In reply to XDFIX

Fabian Allen
John Campbell
Damien Jacobs

I am disappointed that Bramble seems to have been overlooked in favour of Hamilton.

analyst-kid 2018-02-04 03:23:40 

So so far we know

Barbados: Brooks capt, Cummins,Warrican,Dowrich

Leewards: Hamilton,Cornwall,Powell,Hodge

Based on this conservative selection I will pick for the "Tests"

Guyana: V Singh, Reifer, Keon Joseph,Permaul,Keemo Paul

Jamaica: Blackwood,Campbell,

Windwards Hodge,

Trinidad: Kyle Hope,

mikelegend 2018-02-04 03:41:31 

Bramble is getting a raw deal.

analyst-kid 2018-02-04 05:06:13 

In reply to mikelegend

The Jamaica, Trinidad,Guyana and Windwards are just my picks....not the real team but if they are so conservative in not picking Louis from the Leewards then I just followed the flow.

analyst-kid 2018-02-04 09:29:05 

FULL SQUAD
Kieran Powell (captain), Shamarh Brooks (vice captain), Jermaine Blackwood
John Campbell, Rahkeem Cornwall, Miguel Cummins
Shane Dowrich, Jahmar Hamilton, Keon Joseph
Jeremiah Louis, Raymon Reifer, Vishaul Singh
Jomel Warrican

I wasn't too far off. I took what VOR said as gospel.
I couldn't believe they would have ignored Louis.

anthonyp 2018-02-04 09:34:12 

Warrican? Ahead of Permaul? Or even Motie? razz lol

doosra 2018-02-04 10:10:17 

In reply to anthonyp

cob is shameless

Slipfeeler 2018-02-04 10:14:04 

In reply to analyst-kid

Happy for John Campbell a potentially Opening All-rounder for WI. However I feel it for McCarthy he is currently shoring up the Yardie batting with all the Big Bats. Personally he was a better batsman than Blackwood but faltered along the way but for the last 2 years seem to have regain his confidence. Now 61 not out, when all other big bats out less than 20 runs.

mkcharles 2018-02-04 10:18:31 

In reply to anthonyp

Permaul is the only slow bowler with superior FC record this season mate so stop it.

Permaul could have been included as could be Devon Smith and Bramble based on the records this season. However before we all jump up and down we need to understand what the selectors want to see. Smith and Permaul are all proven so either you pick them for the test squad or you don’t. John Campbell and Warrican however have more to prove. I can only assume that’s the thinking.

I think its a good squad bar Bramble who we need to have a closer lookout. I look the likes of Sherman Lewis who is injured and hopefully the likes of Lewis, Paul, Chemar Holder, Kaveen Hodge, Rutherford, Cartey will continue to build on their skills and offer some more options in the near future.

doosra 2018-02-04 10:20:40 

In reply to mkcharles

how is Permaul proven

stop chatting fackry

Smith and Permaul are all proven so either you pick them for the test squad or you don’t. John Campbell and Warrican however have more to prove. I can only assume that’s the thinking.

u assume and you make assertion and you are certain all in the same breath?

man is bare eediats about hay

mkcharles 2018-02-04 10:32:52 

In reply to doosra

“Proven” at FC cricket and having played more international cricket sir. Have the two players in question played as much high level cricket as Messrs. Smith and Permaul?

Is it those two men’s fault that Smith and Permaul have not performed at the highest level and the selectors perhaps saying let us look at the best of the next and seeing what they offer?

That reasoning shouldn’t be an IQ challenge even for the likes of you.

doosra 2018-02-04 10:35:55 

In reply to mkcharles

Warrican 11 wickets from 4 test matches at 46

Permaul 18 wickets from 6 matches at 43

what foolishness you telling me about proven ?

goofballs 2018-02-04 10:47:14 

In reply to Slipfeeler

Can you tell me why Campbell is not playing in the super 50?
I read a bit about him and saw his impressive stats.
I even got him in my fantasy team.
Is Gayle robbing him of a spot, as they want to say for senior guys like Shiv and Devon?

J.louis looked like another potential talent, bowling wise.

mkcharles 2018-02-04 10:51:33 

In reply to doosra

Sigh...

Let me help you. I’ll replace the word proven with experienced and we can walk it through.

So they are saying we know Permaul has played test and ODI for West Indies and have 103 FC matches so let us have a look at Warrican who has only played test and has 44 FC matches and played much less high level cricket including List A and T20. They could well have adopted the same rationale in picking a John Campbell instead of going for a Smith to prepare him for a Test comeback against Sri Lanka later in the year.

I don’t know and neither do you.

However it is clear that you panties are in a twist because Warrican has gotten a pick instead of Permaul.The mere fact that you even mention Motie tells me very clearly.

I have said in other posts that the squad is a good one bar a Permaul or Bramble who have had a good FC seasons so you need to take a chill.

analyst-kid 2018-02-04 10:57:01 

In reply to Slipfeeler

However I feel it for McCarthy he is currently shoring up the Yardie batting with all the Big Bats.

To me McCarthy is the next ODI option...so Hope and JMo have to look out.

He is also on the verge of a T20 pick if he continues doing well in the CPL.

So I don't feel for McCarthy...he is on the verge...in fact I expect him in the WI A one day team.

goofballs 2018-02-04 10:57:37 

In reply to doosra
Back in de days, the A team or Governor's or President's XI was to give young and upcoming talent to showcase, apart from exposure to international opposition.
Devon and Permaul got nothing new to showcase. They have already done that and they are not kids anymore.
Either they get selected for the big team or dominate Shell Shield.

mkcharles 2018-02-04 11:02:36 

In reply to goofballs

Thank You

TheTrail 2018-02-04 12:07:15 

Luis vs Paul

What the france is going on? Is that a Robert/Ambrose pick Courtney?

Slipfeeler 2018-02-04 12:09:23 

In reply to analyst-kid

I hope he will develop consistency and with confidence in his Batting skills.

Slipfeeler 2018-02-04 12:14:39 

In reply to goofballs

I thoughts exactly. With Yardie teams many non-cricket variables are usually in play, so difficult to select the best team players.

WICFan 2018-02-04 12:17:36 

I'd have selected Hodge, Permaul & Bramble instead of Singh, Warrican & Hamilton.

mkcharles 2018-02-04 12:34:10 

In reply to WICFan

If you mean Kaveem then that could also be another combination...Bramble and Permaul’s records this season were superior.

goofballs 2018-02-04 12:41:49 

In reply to WICFan
I saw Vishaul Singh bat a few times. I am no expert but it looks like he lacks capacity, technique, talent to make it at test class.
Just my humble opinion.
Political pick?

WICFan 2018-02-04 17:10:38 

In reply to mkcharles

Yes that's him.

But if Browne has said this is the last competitive practice for the Sri Lanka series then it shows the selectors minds were made up probably before the PCL was finished.

Browne needs to go. Bad keeper, even worse Selector.

mkcharles 2018-02-04 17:35:26 

In reply to WICFan

I see Hodge play in BIM every weekend and he can play but this is his breakout season so he can’t yet be considered for A Team even though I would have no problem because there is talent there.

Bramble could replace Hamilton based on this season but again the selectors have gone repeatedly on record as saying that they will be guided by performances over a two to 3 year period. They are at least consistent in picking the likes of Singh, Brooks, K. Joseph and Cornwall for A Tours on that basis.

Where they open themselves to criticism is when the don’t comment on players like Ramdin, D. Smith , Permaul, Nikita Miller etc. who been there and done it and continue to outperform the youngsters.

Everyone is quick to criticize the selectors but realistically who have they not given a chance to at the highest level who deserved a look in apart from those seasoned players. When I think about it the only player who can truly feel to have been given a hard deal in Rahkeem Cornwall. He has put up the numbers over a period of timewhile all the others are just marginal picks whose overall records don’t differentiate them from the rest of the pack.

I remember last season everyone was calling for JMo to play all 3 formats when only his List A record after more than 10 seasons would identify him as a good player. He is now the WIndies ODI vice-captain and the same selectors have stood by him despite his recent performances the same way they have stood by the actual captain Holder. Even if you want to change the captain and seome of the players you cant throw in 11 and throw out 11.. There has to be a systematic way in the changing of the guard.

Runs 2018-02-04 18:16:51 

In reply to anthonyp

Fcuking bias bullshit that is what that squad is evil