The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Super Bowl Lll

hubert 2018-02-04 18:02:01 

Eagles' only chance is crush Brady all night. No team has for a long time
in the SB.
I am rooting for the Philly team (poor suckers have never won the Biggest One) but
it will be a blowout if the Eagles Defensive Line doesn't batter Brady.
Earlier today my dog,Kingston went to his sweater bin and took out his Eagles jersey. Never
seen anything like that...If the cat had done that I would be more confident in the
Eagles but I still have to go with them..23-21

nickoutr 2018-02-04 18:25:30 

In reply to hubert
Brady VI coming up

nitro 2018-02-04 19:28:35 

In reply to hubert

Was that the Jamaican rapper Shabba Ranks rapping in that diet coke ad?

Ayenmol 2018-02-04 20:13:50 

Love love love this game. Not a bunch of coaches sitting on their laurels acting like it's just another game, this is your Season, take chances, live it all out on the field!

They have not sacked Brady, but after that hit on the same play that the wr got hurt, he has not been the same. He took a huge hit to his ribs.

Rooting for the Eagles to pull it out, but am already extremely pleased with the effort!

hubert 2018-02-04 20:19:10 

In reply to Ayenmol

Well said. Second half is Brady/Big Bellyichicks territory. But Fly Eagles
smile

DirtyDan 2018-02-04 20:19:34 

In reply to Ayenmol

Love the Eagles coaching and game plan

Runs 2018-02-04 20:23:49 

Eagles in dem punarko lol

nickoutr 2018-02-04 20:24:36 

freaking elevator music at half time

Runs 2018-02-04 20:28:32 

In reply to nickoutr

crap indeed

DukeStreet 2018-02-04 20:31:53 

In reply to Runs

No Janet to flash us at halftime. Dang!

lol

Runs 2018-02-04 20:33:50 

In reply to DukeStreet

Needed at least an eye candy to back him up lol

DukeStreet 2018-02-04 20:35:15 

In reply to Runs

Yeah some boring shit indeed. Justin was ho hum. Nothing to be inspired by.

lol

Ayenmol 2018-02-04 20:35:57 

In reply to Runs

Steuppppssss! Very well done! Just a great entertainer that realizes that music is meant to entertain, and music is most enjoyed when people can just sing and dance along! Seems like he walked the entire stadium!

Drapsey 2018-02-04 20:36:17 

I'm endeavor to get me a suit like Justin Timberlake's.

That's the only thing memorable about the show.

ray 2018-02-04 20:36:53 

Go eagles
Prince was a nice touch

Runs 2018-02-04 20:44:11 

In reply to Drapsey

lol

Dan_De_Lyan 2018-02-04 20:48:41 

In reply to Drapsey

is u ah metro sexual?

Priapus 2018-02-04 20:52:57 

Was there a pre-game arrangement between the teams to not play defense?

Drapsey 2018-02-04 21:02:13 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

What's that?

hubert 2018-02-04 21:24:27 

In reply to Priapus
No. The Eagles speed and Options have surprised the Pats who are being
challenged at their own passing game.
It's an entertaining game because of that. Eagles do a bit more
running and shorten the game on the Pats with longer possessions.

nickoutr 2018-02-04 21:35:10 

In reply to hubert
very entertaining indeed

Ayenmol 2018-02-04 21:35:48 

Meanwhile Haddish wins the Commercial battle.

nickoutr 2018-02-04 21:37:59 

In reply to hubert
NEP springs ahead .....

Ayenmol 2018-02-04 21:59:22 

Can't understand these broadcasters...the guy clearly catches the ball takes three steps and dives...

Khaga 2018-02-04 22:06:57 

Flat track

Ayenmol 2018-02-04 22:08:23 

I have never seen a more action packed Superbowl! Am stunned by how well played this game has been and how entertaining!

DukeStreet 2018-02-04 22:18:37 

Time to celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Khaga 2018-02-04 22:19:35 

In reply to Ayenmol

Agreed..

Drapsey 2018-02-04 22:19:47 

In reply to DukeStreet

Best Superbowl eva!

Ayenmol 2018-02-04 22:20:58 

Ding dong...

DukeStreet 2018-02-04 22:21:17 

In reply to Drapsey

I am not an Eagles fan but it sure felt like my regular team won!!!!

lol

Dan_De_Lyan 2018-02-04 22:23:42 

underdaag is always a treat

Runs 2018-02-04 22:23:53 

Great game but next year us Giants will retake razz

Drapsey 2018-02-04 22:24:24 

In reply to DukeStreet

I was at a Superbowl party in Philly the last time Eagles participated. Sorry I'm not there for this one.

ray 2018-02-04 22:24:49 

Great Game!

goofballs 2018-02-04 22:24:55 

This is a great day! (Not a Philly fan).
Anti Brady/NE have been texting congrats like crazy.

DirtyDan 2018-02-04 22:26:42 

Eagles rock! Well coached. Well executed.

Collingsworth the commentator is missing reality.

DukeStreet 2018-02-04 22:27:14 

In reply to Runs

The Giants!!! LOL.. How so bruh?

lol

Runs 2018-02-04 22:29:44 

In reply to DukeStreet

We are getting rid of Eli and replacing with a surprise. razz

imusic 2018-02-04 22:29:50 

Very entertaining game. Happy the Eagles won

imusic 2018-02-04 22:30:44 

In reply to Runs

Yes, you have already replaced Eli with Gino cool

hubert 2018-02-04 22:32:36 

In reply to nickoutr

Eagles win...Eagles win.. Happy for Philly as a Giants fan.
My dog picked it...if my daughter put that on Facebook,the TV people will pick it up
for sure and there will be no peace for us.

She and the wife are the Philly Eagles green.She in DC crying for joy.Wifey just back
from a party so nervous she could not eat.Son is Cowboys to the bone..so family watches
football on different TVs in separate rooms.

In the meantime, I just gave a two shot salute out my window..
Salutes going on all round the neighborhood.. City will be a mess of joy for days.
Police already greased light posts in certain areas.
This will be the greatest celebration of a championship in Philly history..as this is football
crazy city.

hubert 2018-02-04 22:35:13 

In reply to DirtyDan

Collingsworth was seeing his money down the drain..AFL guy and bias
against Eagles to the core.

THE UNDERDRDOG got it.

nickoutr 2018-02-04 22:35:18 

In reply to hubert
Congrats to Eagles .... well played ... I didn't expect such a high scoring game but it was worth every minute

imusic 2018-02-04 22:43:56 

In reply to hubert

I watchin the celebration and the presentation box and maybe is just me that sensitive, but it strikes me how not a single black player in that presentation box.

Yet the Eagles, like the vast majority of the NFL, is a predominantly black team.

You mean not a single black player or them family could be in that presentation box?

They have the tight end that caught the winning touchdown in the presentation box, but not the player that caused legend Brady to fumble and was what eventually won them the game?

Anyway, perhaps the black players on the team doh give a shit about that and that race thing is not a factor at all. Especially in this winning time.

It just really STARK to me.

As for Collingsworth, the less said bout be the better.

hubert 2018-02-04 22:47:47 

In reply to nickoutr

One of, if not the best SB ever..a real shootout,few penalties and most yards in a SB game ever.

Can't describe the scenes here thousands milling in various areas of the city..some
chanting Bring it home Jerome..for the late Jerome Brown who along with Reggie White,Mike Pitts and Clyde
Simmonds was the greatest defensive front four in Eagles history and one of
the best ever in NFL too under late popular Head coach Buddy Ryan,a players; coach.

He died tragically in an accident and today is his birthday..these fans don't forget because following
his death they started they wanted the team to bring them a SB win and chanted Bring it home for Jerome. Finally
happen some 30 years later.
To have won with a back up QB is even more satisfying.

Ayenmol 2018-02-04 22:53:58 

So I checked the coat rack and lo and behold! My Eagles jacket I bought 20 years ago is sitting there, man am wearing it tomorrow!

Priapus 2018-02-05 00:03:51 

In reply to hubert

No. The Eagles speed and Options have surprised the Pats who are being
challenged at their own passing game.
It's an entertaining game because of that. Eagles do a bit more
running and shorten the game on the Pats with longer possessions.

So how do you explain 1,151 combined yards...the most in NFL post season history? I'm pretty sure these two teams were ranked in the top 5 in total defense throughout the regular season. The game was won on the only impact defensive play of the game.

hubert 2018-02-05 06:03:24 

In reply to imusic

Don't know how to explain that.Never watched it..Know some of the players and a few were
in dressing room ..praying..quite a few are captains so they perhaps got caught up in the moment..
sometimes things which are not rehearsed can go that way. or some did not give a hoot about that side of things.

hubert 2018-02-05 06:21:16 

In reply to Priapus

You watched the game..?. Both teams were in a passing shootout..the speed and quickness of play
negated attrition of the pass rush in a fast paced game. That happens in games like these which
are rare in SB .That is why so many yards were accumulated.

DonD 2018-02-05 08:07:01 

In reply to hubert
Both teams were in a passing shootout..the speed and quickness of play

negated attrition of the pass rush in a fast paced game.

Agreeed.This SB game was similar to a Canadian Football League Grey Cup game. Lotsa passing, clean and very enjoyable.

BTW. I am in Mo Bay. The city is very quiet, seems like the state of emergency is working well.

Priapus 2018-02-05 08:28:58 

In reply to hubert

Call me old-fashioned but i love to see a great defense going up against a great offense. Somehow, i much preferred the AFC championship game. This game resembled a Madden video game. Both teams marched up and down the field at will and it took a good defensive play to decide the game. Anyway, congrats to the Eagles for winning their 1st championship.

Gronk is noncommittal about his future, the two coordinators are about to become head coaches elsewhere, Butler may not return next year, Brady will be 41 by the start of the next season......could this be the end of the Pats dynasty? 8 SB appearances in 18 years while some teams like the Lions have never sniffed the big game in their entire history.

nick2020 2018-02-05 09:21:50 

In reply to Priapus

The Pats do seem to find a way but they really need an elite RB.

Ayenmol 2018-02-05 09:28:44 

In reply to Priapus

Not only old fashioned, but quite crazy.

It baffles me that people go into a live event saying I want to see this or that.

The idea of Sports and live events is that the unexpected happens.

There were tangible reasons why the Eagles defense was negated last night. The fast pace of the Pats offense meant the Eagles could not substitute at will and manage packages and situations. Often times they were stuck in packages that were not ideal because of the Pats masterful manipulation of the quick play offense.

That made the finalstrip sack so wonderful, that was just pure hustle to save the game!
That is epic.

Quit going into live events expecting a particular preconceived idea and just hope for passion determination and innovation. I love defense too, but that game was unbelievable, particularly when you consider the Eagles did it with a journey man QB.

hubert 2018-02-05 09:56:14 

In reply to Priapus
Me too.You not alone in being old fashioned. Love to see great defence,especially against the run going against good running team of course..the '85 Bears against
New England when they limited the running back James to less than 20 yds(?) after all the pre game hype and
Singletary,Dent al gave unmatched performance under Buddy Ryan.

The same Ryan had great defence in Philly( the only years I supported Eagles against anyone) except my Giants.Those days,
Dallas with Emmit Smith could not run against Eagles. After Jerome Brown died prematurely things changed.The famed Purple eaters
and Pirates steel curtain teams with mean Joe Green...boy those were the days.

But what we saw Sunday night with Pats and Eagles is a paradign shift with great entertainment with aerial warfare.
The fans and the NFL needed that type of game.Credit the Eagles Head coach for his aggressiveness that surprised the Pats.
I still prefer the hard nose ,trench warfare of by gone days though but this was one enjoyable game last night.

There should be many more drunks than usual in Philly because I understand that Bud Light is going to provide a beer for
everyone in Hilly, An Eagle,Johnson said he would buy everyone a beer if Eagles won the SB and Bud stepped in to
pick up the tab. Can't confirm if this is so though and to think that I am now a dry guy lol

DirtyDan 2018-02-05 10:37:09 

In reply to hubert

Nice recollections after a truly special game. Watched after game press conferences and Philly team is filled with really special people - Nick Foles is really down to earth and a wonderful human being

Ewart 2018-02-05 10:40:20 

In reply to hubert

"....and to think that I am a dry guy now."

cry cry

lol lol lol lol lol lol

hubert 2018-02-05 10:57:15 

In reply to DirtyDan
Did not watch any after game activities. My family, know a few of the players and some who
have left for other teams.Yes it is fine group of guys who have a second to none togetherness.

And so far, three of their standouts, Jenkins,WR Smith and DE Long who won SB with Pats last
year, WILL BE BOYCOTTING TRUMP'S White house visit. There could be others too.

After all,Philly is the most democratic Big City in USA and Trump's attack on the black
players,the majority of the NFL and his support for and backing of the Patriot's Owner ,converge to make this
decision more understandable.

hubert 2018-02-05 10:57:38 

In reply to Ewart
Time caught up

lol lol lol lol

Tryangle 2018-02-05 11:35:18 

In reply to Priapus

Yes, it was a lot like a Madden game. Props to the OCs for some creative play calling throughout.

I wouldn't fear that defense is necessarily going to go out of fashion - teams like the Vikes, Jags, Falcons, their strengths are defense. Broncos and Seahawks similarly in recent years.

Congrats to the Eagles supporters - I too remember those rugged contests of the 80s between the Eagles/Redskins/Giants. Jerome Brown will be smiling proudly somewhere.

Dilly Dilly and dog masks for everyone.

As for the Pats, they're still the Pats. They're not finished as long as the AFC East remains a walkover, which doesn't appear to be changing anytime soon.

Add me to the crew who felt underwhelmed by the TV spots and the halftime show. Best commercial to me was the M&Ms/Danny Devito one. Best (only) part of the Timberlake thing was a tribute to Minny native Prince.

What was the beef with Collinsworth? Was he slurping over Brady too much (didn't pay too much attention to the commentary as the game itself was just so wild).

Ewart 2018-02-05 11:42:42 

In reply to hubert

Time
BY PERCY BYSSHE SHELLEY
Unfathomable Sea! whose waves are years,
Ocean of Time, whose waters of deep woe
Are brackish with the salt of human tears!
Thou shoreless flood, which in thy ebb and flow
Claspest the limits of mortality!

And sick of prey, yet howling on for more,
Vomitest thy wrecks on its inhospitable shore;
Treacherous in calm, and terrible in storm,
Who shall put forth on thee,
Unfathomable Sea?

Catches up with all of us...

//

pelon 2018-02-05 11:51:05 

In reply to Ewart

Sweet!

His poetry often referenced the sea, and in a twist of life/art: his boat capsized and he drowned at sea.

What next? Old man and the Sea?, how you drop The Perl(s) of literature in the middle of NFL thread so?

DukeStreet 2018-02-05 14:25:08 

In reply to Runs

We are getting rid of Eli and replacing with a surprise.

But Eli is not the real problem.

lol