The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Excellent wrist spin bowling.

Courtesy 2018-02-07 12:06:07 

That's how leg spinners use their wrists to create the variety that batsmen have difficulty reading...not just bowling ball after ball using your fingers with absolutely no wrist action and with very little control.

Lovely bowling...lovely bowling.

Priapus 2018-02-07 12:07:49 

In reply to Courtesy

lol lol lol lol

You just won't let up.

googley 2018-02-07 12:09:00 

In reply to Courtesy

You watching Bishoo again? lol

Courtesy 2018-02-07 12:10:45 

In reply to Priapus

Bother, I saw yesterday that Khan and another spinner got contracts to play county cricket. Every cricket side is looking to contract good leg spinners...only our shit whole is being bypassed. I wonder why?

All the good Leg spinners are taken up...they are in great demand and our shit cannot get a job outside the West Indies.

Courtesy 2018-02-07 12:11:56 

In reply to googley

Even Ashwin is trying out leg spin with the googly and other variety but our shit is only interested in turning his arm over.

No need to watch...such a mediocre nogooglyshoo when there are poetry in motion leg spinners all over the world..

Courtesy 2018-02-07 17:18:24 

The GIOPD defenders of shit bypassed this, just as our shit leg spinner is being bypassed all over the cricketing world.

Was he in the IPL auction...and why not?

big grin

And yes...Nogooglyshoo took my woman.

Khaga 2018-02-07 17:22:37 

21 out of 28 SA wickets for the duo..

Courtesy 2018-02-07 17:24:22 

In reply to Khaga

Now dat is what I call wrist spin bowling.

Do you think in his current batting form Nogooglyshoo can trouble Virat Kohli wid de pappy show bowling?

lol lol lol

WestDem 2018-02-07 17:59:49 

In reply to Courtesy

I see Raabada and de rest ah de quotas troubling him? Bishoo nat even mekking any final XI fuh de West Indies and those new brain leaders gave him an all format contract. Nuh wonder allyuh want reparations! lol lol lol lol

Courtesy 2018-02-07 18:04:35 

In reply to WestDem

I hear de bajan spinner who hardly plays regional cricket got central contract. At least Bishoo better than he.

big grin

Courtesy 2018-02-07 18:06:19 

What a cock's nest.

big grin

runout 2018-02-07 18:09:17 

Bi-shoo, Bi-shoo, Bi-shoo

Oh what have you done??? You are a relatively successful bowler who doesn’t get to play, but gets paid handsomely. Your skills are often questioned, your success diminished, your accomplishments ignored.

But you are good, better than good, you are lucky. And for that you will be rewarded.

Never mind them a bun.

Yeah, allyuh talk nah!

WestDem 2018-02-07 18:13:40 

In reply to Courtesy

Suh Warrican deserve that “A” team selection before Permaul, right?

Courtesy 2018-02-07 18:15:08 

In reply to WestDem

Permaul any day.

runout 2018-02-07 18:15:13 

Maybe he should try finger spin. Or maybe try a wrist finger spin. Or bowl the wrong one. What about a sugar coated long hop? A fluffy full toss? Or maybe one of the ball of the century?

Whatever he tries or don’t try, he will still be the BEST legspinner in the WI.

Yeah, allyuh talk nah!

WestDem 2018-02-07 20:06:07 

There are brains and there are brainless! Bishoo is de brains, de fuss part of de triangle trade is all Courtesy’s ? lol lol lol

Khaga 2018-02-07 21:27:44 

In reply to Courtesy

The GIOPD defenders of shit bypassed this, just as our shit leg spinner is being bypassed all over the cricketing world.

Was he in the IPL auction...and why not?

Interesting observation. Now,how do your fast bowlers compare with the SA quicks, given your glorious past? How did your fast bowlers fare in the IPL auction?

Thanks in advance.

WestDem 2018-02-07 22:27:13 

In reply to Khaga

They are not savegry enough, you did not see Kohli fcuking those seven quota picks today? big grin

Courtesy 2018-02-08 06:38:13 

In reply to Khaga

You"re missing the point. It is simply this: all half decent leg spinners the world over are in high demand on the international cricketing circuit...how come ours is being bypassed without even being given an honourable mention.

Our pace bowlers...well...we all know they are F grade pace men and there is a glut of fast bowlers on the market currently...most of us understand this, but leg spinners are a 180 degree issue... half decent ones are worth their weight in gold.

Is ours worth railway shit?...I mean the West Indies leg spinner.

Don't you agree?

Sorry...don't bother to answer.

natty_forever 2018-02-08 06:56:54 

Don Quixote at it again!

runout 2018-02-08 07:03:37 

In reply to natty_forever

Good morning bro. Funny

It that the finger or the wrist????

lol lol razz

XDFIX 2018-02-08 07:10:43 

In reply to Courtesy

Is ours worth railway shit?...I mean the West Indies leg spinner.

That's discourteous!

big grin big grin big grin

natty_forever 2018-02-08 07:16:05 

In reply to runout... I am a finger spinner.

big grin

runout 2018-02-08 07:22:36 

In reply to XDFIX

I swear this is madness.

The man don’t play for WI in the shorter format, so why would an IPL team draft him?

Obsession is a bad thing.

Yeah, allyuh talk nah!

Courtesy 2018-02-08 08:26:14 

In reply to XDFIX

You haffi to discount railway shit a lil' more...there are lots of it going around...glut...

big grin

granite 2018-02-08 09:49:37 

In reply to Courtesy
When we had very good leg spinners they were treated like shit.

Courtesy 2018-02-08 11:29:37 

In reply to granite

Do you mean Rawle Lewis?

Forget it.

But seriously, we were achieving unbelievable results with our four prong attack. There was absolutely no need to change a good thing at the time and even when we played them at Queen's Park "the Indians still survived."

But yes...Ramnarine and Inshan Ali and a couple of others were born in the wrong era.

Oh how I would love to have a couple of Ramnarines now to replace this shit going on right now.

Dinath could prove to be useful against Dave too.

big grin

runout 2018-02-08 11:51:25 

How can anyone in their right mind expect ANY spinner to succeed in WI cricket?

You have fast bowling coaches who are focused on churning out military medium pacers. Who coaches the spinners?

You have an ultra defensive, incompetent captain, who doesn't understand nor appreciates the art of spin bowling.

You have the second / third string part-timer bowling before the strike bowler...and then the selectors, in their infinite wisdom, promptly dropping you when you are succeeding at the international level.

If that is not nonsense, then WI criket is full of geniuses.

And on top of that you have idiots who are hell bent on maligning your achievements.

Yeah allyuh talk nah!

natty_forever 2018-02-08 11:58:18 

In reply to runout... them ppl trying to pass themselves off as an aficionado, when them nuh know crap.

runout 2018-02-08 12:38:53 

And as much as they don't like Bishoo...i will tell you that as a leg spinner he will be in any current T20 team...his batting is underrated. I would experiment with him opening the batting in T20's...cause he can't do worse than the current openers...

davo 2018-02-08 13:05:30 

In reply to runout

Agreed,the captain ain't worth the price of bottled water, but Holder ain't the reason Bishoo remains a below average international leg spinner. His one dimensional leg breaks not gonna trouble anyone outside of domestic batting stiffs. For all the years he been playing & can't develop a consistent googly, straight one, topspinner or flipper, is a serious indictment on his ambition & professionalism. And this is a disease afflicting every young WI player, the lack of desire to improve. You don't always need a coach with whip over your back to go learn better techniques to drill yourself with. These modern players have it too easy. They get free money hence their lack of hunger. They need to take a leaf from Chanderpaul's book.

runout 2018-02-08 13:11:36 

In reply to davo
Bro, you need to understand that bowling is a confidence thing. If the people who are managing you don't show any confidence in you, then naturally you will not want to take chances and try new things. He has all the deliveries you speak of, and he is a hard worker. Don't question the man's work ethic. You are being unfair. He goes from Man of the series to a water-boy. Now you tell me...after a time, what will Bishoo be saying to Bishoo????

Bishoo has gone from emerging player to never-pick. ANd Chanders was pure determination. You should see the amount of flack he received right here, even when he was doing exceptionally well. But then ah...he wasn't good enough.

Yeah, allyuh talk nah!

granite 2018-02-08 14:21:31 

In reply to Courtesy
Yea those 2 was definitely playing cricket at the wrong time,I think you could have given Danraj an honourable mention.
lol

davo 2018-02-08 14:40:29 

In reply to runout

If Bishoo has all those different deliveries why the hell he don't use them?? I been watching him for years & is the same leg break all the time. According to your reasoning, he is either a coward or don't understand the importance of variety to deceive batsmen. And in all sport, courage is an important requirement for success. Look at all the younger leggies around the world who've surpassed Bishoo, they all use that important googly, including the young guy Khan from Afghanistan who took a hattrick with 3 googlies in the last CPL. For good reason, there're more in demand. As for Chanderpaul, he drilled himself for hours in the nets or with his bowling machine to improve his technique, quite regularly. Thats what Bishoo & others need to do.

natty_forever 2018-02-08 15:12:54 

In reply to davo

Bro, you need to understand that bowling is a confidence thing

... and Davo, you notice you have to go outside of the WI to compare. Why not say who here in the WI is better?

Also why aren't the other bowlers (pace) scrutinized as Bishoo? Who can swing the ball consistently, much less bowl consistent line and length. Yet them play match after match.

He goes from Man of the series to a water-boy.

mikesiva 2018-02-08 15:19:39 

In reply to davo

Bishoo can't bowl a googly? Ask Brandon King about the googly that got him out.
big grin

Khaga 2018-02-08 15:22:53 

In reply to mikesiva

It is not only the West Indian batsmen that can't read a googly.. lol

runout 2018-02-08 15:23:13 

Agenda driven, alternate standards, Bishoogly based!

Courtesy 2018-02-08 15:25:51 

In reply to granite

Sorry. I forgot about Danraj...but I did say "others" to cover any omissions.

But yes Danraj would have anchored himself in today's West Indies team.

Courtesy 2018-02-08 15:29:56 

Folks the Indian Chahal or any of the other international leg spinners would have ripped thru this Jamaican batting lineup on this spinning pitch...BIG SPIN.

But to be more precise, didn't allyuh hear one of the commentators say Bishoo should develop more variety and bowl the googly with regularity and control" or words to that effect. The wicket feel immediately after this with an attempted googly.

I guess only de Courtesy heard this.

As I type he is being planted all over the place in his eight over.

Courtesy 2018-02-08 15:36:16 

Bish said NOGOOGLYSHOO has been averaging 40 runs per wicket in his last three series...today is no different it's even worse.

I would suggest strongly that Nogoogly should drink some fish broth...at the very least, that would give him the strength to bowl in the batsman's half of the pitch.

He was lucky to get away with a plethora of short leg breaks.

lol lol lol

Windies2017 2018-02-08 15:44:22 

In reply to runout

I remember when Kraigg was in the ODI team and Holder used to give him the ball before Bishoo and it's not like Kraigg had a golden arm.. blatant disrespect

googley 2018-02-08 16:04:34 

In reply to mikesiva

maybe he just afraid to bowl the googly under Holder! lol lol

Courtesy 2018-02-08 16:06:25 

In reply to googley

lol lol lol

You can teach him a thin or two about bowling it.

Confidence bro...confidence. Bowling against international batsmen is a different kettle of fish.

davo 2018-02-08 19:18:36 

No one is singling out Bishoo, at least not me as I am sure we all want him & alll other Windian players to improve & make us great again. They all need to work harder at their game though, inclusive of long, regular net sessions & stamina running. Thus they need doses of tough love to adhere, not kid gloves treatment.

Courtesy 2018-02-08 19:19:52 

In reply to davo

No one is singling out Bishoo, at least not me as I am sure we all want him & alll other Windian players to improve & make us great again. They all need to work harder at their game though, inclusive of long, regular net sessions & stamina running. Thus they need doses of tough love to adhere, not kid gloves treatment.

Finally, finally...someone with the gonads to express the reality.

As for me...I refuse to accept mediocrity from any quarter.

Allyuh can continue to wallow in mediocrity.

runout 2018-02-09 10:35:20 

In reply to davo
You could have fooled me...but let me not digress.

I am all for tough love and hard work. I don't believe in slackers.

Bishoo has been maligned, mismanaged and marginalized by WI and windians. No other player in WI cricket comes under scrutiny, on this website, as he does. Before him was Shiv. There is a clear agenda.

If we don't care for mediocrity, then the whole darn team should be disbanded. It is mediocrity epitomized. Yet you don't see the the level of criticism as is reserved for Bishoogly.

In the mean time I hope that he continues to improve, progress and ply his trade in the best way possible. He is not a great leggie, but heck he is a darn good one. If you don't believe me, check his stats.

natty_forever 2018-02-09 11:11:31 

In reply to runout... yet them one series wonders are not mediocre. Go figure!

methodic 2018-02-09 21:32:31 

In reply to runout

to be honest, Bishoo started out very promising. He was dropped in favor of Narine. Narine was only effective in test against New Zealand but he was very effective in ODI and t20 against all opponents. I think Bishoo is bowling worse now than in his first two series. he seems to be an enthusiastic cricketer but as of now he remains a borderline test cricketer. If he is a hard worker then he is not working with the right information; and if he is not working with the right information then he is not a smart worker. However, that can be said of most West Indian bowlers.

Khaga 2018-02-09 22:32:01 

In reply to methodic

Thank you for tooting Narine's horn..Bishoo is bowling worse
.alright..how is Narine doing in international cricket?

methodic 2018-02-10 14:56:22 

In reply to Khaga

Narine int career is non existent and its definitely not his main focus