The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

US troops helped T&T cops capture “high value ta

sgtdjones 2018-02-10 10:46:28 

US troops helped T&T cops capture “high value targets”—CNN

There’s been no response from the US Embassy in T&T on a CNN report that US military personnel helped capture the individuals detained by police on Thursday concerning a plot to disrupt Carnival.

Police said they had unearthed “credible information” of the threat, with ASP Michael Jackman confirming the individuals planned to engage in criminal conduct to disrupt activities surrounding Carnival 2018.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2018-02-10 10:47:03 

CNN quoted two US military officials, adding military personnel from US Southern Command, which oversees US military operations in the region, “advised and assisted local Trinidadian security forces in apprehending the four extremists who are believed to be part of a network engaged in plotting terror attacks.”

shock

sgtdjones 2018-02-10 10:48:47 

Sniffer dogs, random security checks at Piarco

T&T Defence Force (TTDF) members are said to be on “high alert” and will be dispatched over the next few days to work alongside the T&T Police Service (TTPS), as security measures are heightened to ensure a safe Carnival 2018 for tourists and citizens.

This heightened approach came on the heels of police announcing they had disrupted an imminent “terrorist” threat to disrupt the Carnival celebrations in Port-of-Spain.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2018-02-10 10:54:39 

FBI tip on terror threat

US law-enforcement officers, including the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), tipped off TT’s Special Branch and the Strategic Services Agency (SSA) in December last year on plans by a certain group of local Muslims to bomb the US Embassy in Port of Spain between Carnival Monday and Tuesday.

This led to US law-enforcement officers working alongside the local team, using state-of-the-art surveillance equipment and wire-tapping to intercept, what has been described as, coded messages between people of interest who had been linked to Islamic State (ISIS).

Four people who were detained between Wednesday and Thursday were being interviewed by the FBI at four different police stations yesterday.

The story has now gone international. CNN yesterday reported that US soldiers participated in anti-terror raids in TT on Thursday, helping to capture four “high-value targets.” The US troops did not participate in any direct combat.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2018-02-10 10:55:24 

So the FBI, CIA and US troops in T&T ?

shock shock

sgtdjones 2018-02-10 11:01:04 

Terror threat fails to stop Canboulay crowds

The performance traced the evolution of Carnival as a form of expression among the recently freed African slaves in 1838, to the continued struggles of their descendants, culminating in the Canboulay Riot in February 1881. After Emancipation, the colonial government tried to ban elements of expression ostensibly as a threat to public peace, including banning drumming, congregating and Afro-centric religions (like Orisha).

Port of Spain’s Poet Laureate, Pearl Eintou Springer. Springer herself had a scene-stealing moment as an impassioned elderly former slave speaking to the younger generation about the importance of the fight for freedom.

Link Text

black 2018-02-10 11:37:40 

In reply to sgtdjones

I told Bravos the TRINISIS were going to bring the fight home sooner or later.

bravos 2018-02-10 11:45:11 

In reply to black

Really ? Where and when ?

Found Saddam's WMDs yet BTW.

And no US troops were involved in any operation..you think this is Syria or Iraq....rel bullshit this..and y'all just lapping it up.

London Paris and NY looking for misery company

Sorry not gonna get it here..

I repeat no damn US troops here like that FFS..what you think we can't apprehend some local suspects in chaguanas?

black 2018-02-10 11:59:57 

In reply to bravos

Found Saddam's WMDs yet BTW.

And no US troops were involved in any operation..you think this is Syria or Iraq....rel bullshit this..and y'all just lapping it up.

London Paris and NY looking for misery company

Sorry not gonna get it here..

I repeat no damn US troops here like that FFS..what you think we can't apprehend some local suspects in chaguanas

Quite a long tirade there fella, it was the US intelligence that made the assessment and I happen to agree with them. We are not going to see acts like in NY and London but to deny it would be foolish.

By the way, these people are not pulling stuff outta their asses, these are assessments based on conditions for such acts.

bravos 2018-02-10 12:13:01 

In reply to black

Its Bullshit.

So these Trinis were on suicide missions too?

You know any Trini Isis ? Ever spoke to any or their families who jumping right now as I type ?

Where did they pull WMDs from,out of who's ass? Surely that's bigger than some Trini Isis attack in Trini.

Look pal...steups..its bullshit and those men are going to be released..

black 2018-02-10 12:27:00 

In reply to bravos

Newsweek quoted Harry Sarfo, a German who returned home and is now in jail, who reportedly said some of the Caribbean foreign fighters had become members of special ISIS units known as Jaysh al-Khalifa, or the “Army of Caliphate.”

TRINISIS have made it to the terror elite ranks, do you think they are going to let it (training and expertise) go to waste?

DAVE400 2018-02-10 13:48:27 

In reply to bravos

Even if them men go to carry out a terrorist attack and they see bumper so...

All they want to do is jam..jam..

Emir 2018-02-10 14:17:13 

In reply to bravos

Bravs,

All of a sudden they beginning to trust the Trump Administration intelligence.

So far the police have nothing.

Seems most of these posters, like Blacks, want these allegations to be true.

But leave dem nah, dey doh know anything bout Trinidad.

DukeStreet 2018-02-10 14:41:05 

In reply to bravos

How you know dat, fella?
One of the extremists dem targeting

surprised

Emir 2018-02-10 14:50:53 

In reply to DukeStreet

big grin

Even I go want to attack that wink

black 2018-02-10 16:06:18 

In reply to Emir

All of a sudden they beginning to trust the Trump Administration intelligence.

The terror assessment was made before Trump took office.

Seems most of these posters, like Blacks, want these allegations to be true.

I sure as hell hope it's not true but I'm not going to stick my head in the sand and pretend that it's never going to happen.

johndom90 2018-02-10 18:19:53 

In reply to black

This er...intelligence thst
missed 9/11 in their own backyard...
.not found WMD in Iraq......

.....its a misuse of the word intelligent.

Emir 2018-02-10 18:35:32 

In reply to black

T

he terror assessment was made before Trump took office.

Bullshit- you lying as usual, all the reports you relying on stated the intelligence was only last week.

Doh come here with your nastiness again. rolleyes

cricketmad 2018-02-10 19:34:44 

In reply to DukeStreet

That is the mother of all buffs !

bravos 2018-02-10 19:50:00 

In reply to Emir

Dey wanna ressurect ISIS in T&T.

Dey cyar get how we ppl gone to fight (for excitement and convenience) and leaving home unscathed.

Dey doh unnastan dat dey mudda fadda aunty uncle brother sista nephew niece and nenen jumpin in a band and winnin down low and goig for cross on dey forehead ash Wednesday....

bravos 2018-02-10 19:50:32 

In reply to johndom90

Leave dem pal,I rel vex...trust me..

bravos 2018-02-10 19:51:00 

In reply to DukeStreet

WMD!!!! lol lol lol

bravos 2018-02-10 19:54:16 

In reply to black

TRINISIS have made it to the terror elite ranks, do you think they are going to let it (training and expertise) go to waste?

You lapping that shit up real good,keep it up..Elite meh mudda cunt..so allyuh giving ISIS elite status an ting now??

Trini ISIS are fucking mercenary fighters who stand a better chance in Syria and Iraq than their fucking neighborhood block in T&T,gimme a break black..

birdseye 2018-02-10 19:54:22 

In reply to sgtdjones

So the FBI, CIA and US troops in T&T ?
you think comrade trump - aka likkle hands, playin.... wink wink

bravos 2018-02-10 19:54:45 

In reply to DAVE400

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA boy out dey different!! Damn Dave it hard to be good here man,if yiu see woman out dey wow!! Harder to carry out terror attacks too,lol..

Aye check meh in woodbrook,will be there by my office mon and tue..All dem nice woman passin dey..

black 2018-02-10 20:01:29 

In reply to Emir

Bullshit- you lying as usual, all the reports you relying on stated the intelligence was only last week.

Doh come here with your nastiness again

I remember clearly that there were terror threat assessments made regarding TRINISIS before Trump took office.

bravos 2018-02-10 20:02:34 

ISIS is fucking dead and if one thing Trini know not to flog ah dead horse,dem fuckers who make it back aint want no part of that again trust me.

***********INCOMING***BLODOI!!!!

black 2018-02-10 20:07:26 

In reply to bravos

I used the word "elite" only in terms of skill level, they are all scumbags.

Trini ISIS are fucking mercenary fighters who stand a better chance in Syria and Iraq than their fucking neighborhood block in T&T,gimme a break black..

This is where you are making a mistake, these people believe in that bullshit.

granite 2018-02-11 07:12:31 

In reply to Emir
You are right,black is not the only West Indian who wants to see TT in that light,they will lap it up as black is doing.

nitro 2018-02-11 08:09:49 

In reply to sgtdjones

What would these Caribbean islands be without our help!

black 2018-02-11 09:43:07 

In reply to granite

You are right,black is not the only West Indian who wants to see TT in that light,they will lap it up as black is doing.

Nonsense. Where have I indicated that?

Is warning people to be aware the same as wanting them to be attacked?

DAVE400 2018-02-11 10:03:44 

In reply to bravos

They say is not a terror plot...no details on the nature...no details on the perps...

I think the only plot to disrupt carnival is the wining police...

there is something nasty afoot.

I wonder if the police using the Anglo-American techniques of invoking terror to assume sweeping powers..

bravos 2018-02-11 10:56:21 

In reply to DAVE400

Dave Dave Dave my brother that's why I respect you as a poster from day one!!!! Out of the factin box!!

Doh mind yuh could be a mudda ass when yuh ready... lol lol lol

Fucking scare tactics,some lil advice dey mussi get and using it to rein in people,maybe to create some united national front..I doh like fucking Gov't these days dave!!

Some good level Trini posters here on the whole..

Couple lil pricks too buh wah we go do boy..we all have our Ches and - - - - - - !! smile

bravos 2018-02-11 11:01:34 

In reply to black

Bredda let we stay friends nah...you trying to teach me about my people from an outside perspective seems very insulting to me..we aint Jihadi like dat ,we is husslers ok ,Trickydadians..even tricked ISIS.

Let's just leave it there ok..

bravos 2018-02-11 11:07:27 

We love to be proven right so it's a bit messed up that our fellow Caribbeans are waiting to be proven right,nothing can change that,no matter what they say it's human nature..Pick your sides wisely people else you committing to darkness..or better allyuh ain say nutten nah,just sit back and wait for it,and if it happens you can say how sorry you are..

Buh doh worry even if it come we go make it into a positive..if handled properly it could be the reset we need..

Long live T&T!!