The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Thoughts and Prayers - the game

Chrissy 2018-02-15 08:55:31 

Ah well!

Ayenmol 2018-02-15 09:26:45 

You reap what you sow.

This is what happens when hope is replaced with the free for all that is pushed today.

People are told that they are masters of their domain. That money and an easy life is all that matters.

Just take care of you and yours. This life is all there is.

So they give up on trying to do anything meaningful for the path of least resistance, particularly when it means more money in their pockets.

Ayenmol 2018-02-15 09:38:06 

A gunman shot up a Congressional softball practice. Business as usual. All they do is make laws to protect themselves and their own and the rest are simply pawns.

Think about how big business value their employees, things like talent and replacability determine worth.

The Government is no different. They make decisions based on what helps them as a group and individually.

Their kids are protected though. The Schools they attend are well protected!

doosra 2018-02-15 12:50:10 

In reply to Ayenmol

I wonder what those kids sow

Ayenmol 2018-02-15 13:09:08 

In reply to doosra

I was not referring to the kids but the politicians. Thanks for trying.

Kay 2018-02-15 13:22:52 

In reply to Ayenmol

Their kids are protected though. The Schools they attend are well protected!

That is because they worked their but off to become high achievers so that they can adequately provide for their kids and other family members.

Don't hate try to appreciate and emulate.....

SnoopDog 2018-02-15 13:54:19 

In reply to Kay

That is because they worked their but off to become high achievers so that they can adequately provide for their kids and other family members.

Don't hate try to appreciate and emulate.....

Keep believing that ya dipshit until it's one of your kids who catches a bullet.

Chrissy 2018-02-15 13:59:08 

In reply to SnoopDog

You have time

nick2020 2018-02-15 19:03:13 

In reply to Kay

I got 123 prayers out.

Yet I saved no lives. I need to pray harder.

Chrissy 2018-02-15 20:36:56 

In reply to doosra

Want a good laugh? Check out Bette Midler's response to McConnell's tweet on the shooting.

Leader McConnell
✔
@SenateMajLdr

Schools should be places where children can learn, and faculty and staff can work, without fear of violence. My colleagues from Florida will carry home the prayers of the whole Senate, for victims and their families, for the community of Parkland, and for the first responders

It's perfect lol lol

Tryangle 2018-02-16 09:49:43 

In reply to Chrissy

Who knew Bette Midler was that fired up? Goodness. No holding back.

Not that she's wrong or anything. Thoughts and prayers especially at the Senate/Congress level, are completely meaningless when you're in a position to effect change.

Chrissy 2018-02-16 10:57:05 

In reply to Tryangle

She's right