The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

'We are going to be killed now' Trini student

sgtdjones 2018-02-16 11:16:32 

'We are going to be killed now'
...Trini girl witnesses massacre

“I love you guys, we are going to be killed now.”

That was the last message Sanjana Ramnanan sent to her family as the shooter entered her classroom at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Parkland, Florida on Wednesday.

For almost an hour, her father Pooran Ramnanan, waited for word on his daughter's fate.

Ramnanan, who was born in Trinidad, said he thought he had lost his child. “When I got that text everything around me was in slow motion. I never had that feeling ever. I didn't want to hear from anyone. For about 45 minutes to an hour I thought I lost her,” he said.

The next time Ramnanan saw his daughter she was walking out of the school building.

“I could not stop hugging her,” he said.

In an interview, the teenager told CNN's Randi Kaye that she was attending her last class for the day, Geography, when the gunfire began.

Her teacher, Scott Beigel, held the door opened and hustled his pupils into the classroom. Seconds later he was dead.

Sanjana said, “My teacher was holding the door and then me and six other kids were just kind of hiding by the desk. He opened the door for me and the second I looked back to see if he was there, he was on the floor

I heard the gunshot and everything. I turned around and he was on the floor.”

The teen frantically messaged her dad telling him a shooter was in the school. She typed, “Dad, I'm scared.”

Her dad cautioned her to be quiet.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2018-02-16 11:18:26 

Ramnanan wrote, “My daughter was calling around looking for Peter yesterday. In the afternoon she heard he's dead. It took her from talking to the media to just wanting to go home.

She said to me Daddy, Me and Peter use to always see who can reach class first. On that day I reach to class before him..while he was walking toward the class he got shot. They believe he's the last kids that got shot..I cry hearing this..They were best friends.”

sad sad

NYCGURU 2018-02-16 11:47:03 

In reply to sgtdjones

A parents worst nightmare. Give me strength.