The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

T&T the happiest country in the Caribbean

sgtdjones 2018-03-15 18:24:19 

T&T the happiest country in the Caribbean

Trinidad and Tobago has been named the “happiest” Caribbean country to live in according to the United Nations (UN).

The country ranked 38th happiest country in the world based on the 2018 World Happiness Report released by the Sustainable Development Solutions Network for the United Nations.

Trinidad and Tobago maintained its spot from last year at 38th out of 156 countries after climbing up a couple spots from 43rd in 2016.

The next-highest-ranked Caribbean country on the happiest scale was Jamaica, which placed 56th in the world. Haiti was at 148.

Finland took the top spot for being the happiest place in the world. Second was Norway, followed by Denmark and Iceland.

The report which was released six days before World Happiness Day on March 20 ranks countries on six key variables that support well-being such as income, freedom, trust, healthy life expectancy, social support and generosity.

This year’s World Happiness report featured data about the happiness of immigrants in their host countries. It found that the 10 happiest countries also scored highest on immigrant happiness, which suggests that migrants’ overall well-being was tied to the quality of life in their adopted home.

This is the sixth World Happiness Report published, which is in support of the UN High Level Meeting on happiness and well-being. It is also considered to be the proper measure of social progress and the goal of public policy.

Link Text

PJ did you write this story?

lol lol lol

sgtdjones 2018-03-15 18:24:46 

Top 10 happiest countries, 2018

1. Finland

2. Norway

3. Denmark

4. Iceland

5. Switzerland

6. Netherlands

7. Canada

8. New Zealand

9. Sweden

10. Australia

bravos 2018-03-15 19:41:33 

Full circle again... cool

Wham much lower per-capita Bim and whoever else nuh happy?

Stay outta bachanal and crime and off the fringes and be happy my Trinis!! Keep doing our thing,they would never get it..

ISIS blowout sale at Westmall..

Dan_De_Lyan 2018-03-15 19:43:04 

In reply to sgtdjones

Canada? noo

They talked to the welfare line for sure.

Average Canadians are busting at the seems with dept

black 2018-03-15 19:44:33 

In reply to sgtdjones

Happy to be alive? lol

bravos 2018-03-15 19:50:08 

In reply to black

Yeah rite..this UN rating proves all I've been fighting for right here...

Also having many murder free days these days,had 5 in a row recently...now imagine when we get that under control....HAPPINESS!

doosra 2018-03-15 19:50:58 

we are definitely a miserable bunch

DirtyDan 2018-03-15 20:00:52 

In reply to doosra

who's we?

bravos 2018-03-15 20:35:01 

In reply to DirtyDan

who's we?

Guyana oil deal.. sad

problemjay 2018-03-15 23:30:26 

In reply to bravos

Yeah rite..this UN rating proves all I've been fighting for right here...

Also having many murder free days these days,had 5 in a row recently...now imagine when we get that under control....HAPPINESS!

you fighting up on a cricket forum twisted

Bredda everyone knows T&T is a violent country with a high crime rate, the stats don't lie.

But with that being said not surprise Trini people are happy people, does not take much for us to fete, lime and be festive

bravos 2018-03-15 23:47:33 

In reply to problemjay

I fight on the ground too,my fight here is putting the violence in perspective and show that bodies can be falling all around you but as long as you not involved in unsavory activities and take basic precautions as you would anywhere else you will have a great fulfilling life in T&T and this index just proves it..

JahJah 2018-03-16 04:05:26 

Bolt retired. Watch Jamaica drop when reality set in.

Larr Pullo 2018-03-16 06:23:33 

T&T also has the most retarded people in the Caribbean. There must be a correlation...

ponderiver 2018-03-16 06:32:54 

In reply to Larr Pullo

T&T also has the most retarded people in the Caribbean. There must be a correlation...

The retards seh fi tell yuh to hush and haul yuh arse big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

Dukes 2018-03-16 06:36:04 

In reply to sgtdjones

OF course T&T is the happiest country!!! Remember the song: THE TREASURY CAN BURN DOWN, WE JAMMIN STILL!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Drapsey 2018-03-16 06:50:10 

So Bobby McFerrin had it all wrong when he sang "Don't worry, be happy" characterizing the everyday Jamaican attitude?

Or did he make the mistake of a few in thinking that T&T is located somewhere in Jamaica?

Ok, I'm ducking now...

sgtdjones 2018-03-16 09:59:19 

In reply to Dukes

razz razz razz razz

granite 2018-03-16 10:35:27 

In reply to Larr Pullo
All the retards in TT come from Guyana yuh skunt.

lol lol lol

bravos 2018-03-16 10:52:39 

In reply to granite

And nearly 10% ah de Guyanese population living in 'little spec' T&T! cool

Dem men is even gangstas killing people all in Valencia..and not one Trini gangsta targeting Guyanese..we different..

Andy99 2018-03-16 12:17:40 

In reply to Dukes

OF course T&T is the happiest country!!! Remember the song: THE TREASURY CAN BURN DOWN, WE JAMMIN STILL!!!!

Exactly we Jammin still.
City could burn down we Jammin still.

And that is the reason why the country is in a mess, most of the people live in their own bubble ignorant to the reality until it strikes home.

Even forgetting crime, and just looking at the financial situation of the country, how many are being sent home each month, there is no way T&T should be 'this' happy but as I say we jammin still, thats the mentality.

Sweet Sweet T&T.

Look how them love up meh country.

np 2018-03-16 12:23:03 

In reply to sgtdjones

Finland took the top spot for being the happiest place in the world. Second was Norway, followed by Denmark and Iceland.
... dem folks high on drugs .... all the time!! lol lol

Kay 2018-03-16 12:38:55 

In reply to Andy99

Wait a five fer overnight? But the word out is that tings are improving... sad

bravos 2018-03-16 12:40:16 

In reply to Andy99

I can show you the same happened in Canada same time...there wasn't a murder for 5/days before that unfortunate event...don't you see no positives at all in your country ?

You sound bitter and disdainful of parts of T&T culture...no where in soca or calypso promotes violence so why do you hate it so much ?/if anything it calms the place a bit..

Please be advised tahy you don't talk for all of T&T obviously and this UN reports further confirms that..

Why bring your dark cloud here ?

Geez man migrate if you haven't already..apply for refugee status in Canada..

Courtesy 2018-03-16 12:45:30 

In reply to bravos

You seem happy with this particular UN Report.

big grin

bravos 2018-03-16 12:47:44 

In reply to Kay

Your a duttyness ...there wasn't a murder for 5 days before that a few days ago and none for 2/days after that,February had half of January and despite that disheartening domestic wickedness March would be less than February ..no records breaking this year sorry..

Maybe you should try to get happy too and stop feeding off negativity only like Andy....

Dukes 2018-03-16 12:54:35 

In reply to bravos

And nearly 10% ah de Guyanese population living in 'little spec' T&T!

Barbados has 25,000 Guyanese. R U saying that T&T got even more Guyanese??

Andy99 2018-03-16 12:58:13 

In reply to bravos

Bruh simply I go say fcuk you.

I am 100% Trini and I express my views as I see it.

I dont care about Guyana, Jamaica, Canada, per capita.
I care about T&T.

And as I say even ignoring the crime, look at the growing unemployment rate, TT has no reason to be this happy, only when it hit home then ppl go wake up.

Negativity nor positivity, I live in reality.

bravos 2018-03-16 13:11:54 

80% of the time Trinidad know exactly who dey killing,most of these murders are street justice for wickedness and reprisals

Like I said many times before save the odd domestic massacre and odd robbery murder many of which could've been prevented, live a good straight life in T&T stay out of bacchanal ,stay off the fringes,observe basic safety protocol as you would in LA or anywhere else and you could be living in a real happy country..

That guy on the run for killing those kids the lady and the old man may also be killed for his deeds and the unfortunate thing its gonna be classified as a murder too..

We will win the war on guns and US style gangsterism ,soon as we get the US to make a better effort with their drug lusting population and legal gun runners

bravos 2018-03-16 13:12:35 

In reply to Dukes

Yep top immigrant group ..

sudden 2018-03-16 13:14:23 

In reply to Dukes

25k...more like 35k and that does not include the backtrackers

Courtesy 2018-03-16 13:20:09 

In reply to bravos

Have the kidnappings started again...or is Wednesday's incident just one-off?

Btw, de fella they mistakenly cremated in Saint Lucia says hello.

big grin

bravos 2018-03-16 13:21:21 

In reply to Courtesy

Well from over 250/a year to 2-3 you tell me..

Courtesy 2018-03-16 13:22:38 

In reply to bravos

I am just hoping this does not spark off a trend. TNT can't take no more of this stuff.

bravos 2018-03-16 13:24:36 

Despite the detractors and self haters we see the positives/working on the weaknesses with new legislation etc and remain optimistic and happy along the way..

Is there a better remedy really? Should we get all gloomy boring and hopeless like some of the mousemen on display here..

We fighting and fighting happy.

And yes we Jammin still.. Wouldn't have it any other way..

Courtesy 2018-03-16 13:27:11 

In reply to bravos

Is there a better remedy really?

Vote UNC...wha you say?

bravos 2018-03-16 13:29:26 

In reply to Courtesy

Nah the legislation alone will deal with that....the idiots probably didn't even know what they dealing with legal wise.

nick2020 2018-03-16 14:04:53 

In reply to bravos

With all those women I bet is the men that real happy lol

Women vex. TnT men not up to par. lol

granite 2018-03-16 14:29:31 

In reply to bravos
Me daz read bout our Caribbean cousins and their criminal input.

lol

bravos 2018-03-16 14:48:49 

In reply to granite

Shhhhh.....dey does say all kinda ting bout me but I don't throw dat in dey face...even our press don't mention it until later in the article...

Is always 'man' or 'woman' and then later you see their nationality ..

When is dem is on de rare occasion after dey people influence we is Trinidadian National' Headlines!!!! Lol

bravos 2018-03-16 14:50:10 

In reply to nick2020

Nah dem more frigging happy trust me..

They have the money maker on dem at all times...

nick2020 2018-03-16 15:50:09 

In reply to bravos

My good friend Snoop tell me de TnT women gotta find love south of the border. twisted

bravos 2018-03-16 16:59:10 

In reply to nick2020

Pal there are many big mamas here with Guyanese 'husbands' do all the work,wash panty cook, clean house ,build house and behave and service Mama,every bread have it cheese amd dem.bannas looking to get Trini 'ICE' off dey back so dey ain mind pleasing mama.

Some ah dem even get ketch trying ting behind mama daughters ,as we speak some gangstas looking for one for that same ting right now,he went all the way with a 12 y.o,mussi sick ah mama,bit seriously no Trini girl I know looking South for anything, lol..

Maispwi 2018-03-16 19:54:15 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

Dem departments musee full ah debt

sgtdjones 2018-03-16 21:14:57 

In reply to Andy99

You are spot on.

bravos lives in a different world, just imagine proud that no murder in 5 days.

Like you noted I am looking at T&T and no other country.

Its is one of the reasons I ignore he rass. He is an
embarrassment to all of T&T.

Tobago economy is at a standstill at the moment, Trinidad
is not far behind.

When posting facts, you are a hater.

evil evil

bravos 2018-03-16 22:50:51 

the 'FACTS' of my country are more than murder and if yellow belly assholes can't enjoy it well sorry for allyuh old boring sorry ass,and allyuh ain doing nothing to change it either...

Get out of MURDEROUS T&T you may get gunned down at the movies,school,concert,the mall,work,clinic...NOT!!

Walk straight and stay off the fringes unless you capable and you good..apart from the soldier killed by his own relative and the 4 killed by that small cock man it's mostly pests getting killed in holes,and that's a FACT..

And any of those pest come around me or mine or I see dem distressing anyone and I can help it I will personally report their demise here,and if dey get me instead I died fighting for T&T,fucking cowards some ah allyuh and dem...

I am prepared to fight for T&T and each murder affects me to the core more than you couple agenda driven assholes trying to fuck up a lighthearted thread about T&T,fuck allyuh clueless assholes....

Go live in India ,allyuh stinkin duttyness..

bravos 2018-03-16 22:53:43 

In reply to stdjones

Asshole nobody ain want no part of you,and I doubt Andy so desperate to engage you for some validation..

Courtesy and nick respond to you yet in alliance against me on that other thread? As everything else there are levels and degrees,and when it comes to idiots ,assholes and nonentities your'e in a different, level, degree,class and division..

Buzz off Zeta bot..

bravos 2018-03-16 22:58:43 

De F@king UN say de country happy because they CONSIDERED and agree with what i'm saying and a couple anonymous message board alter egos prefer to only spread and highlight probably the only reason we not #1 rated in the world..there must be some unhappy people related to crime I agree and we are working on that...wtf you people want let the new laws come into play,in the meantime expect mostly more dregs to be murdered...But don't expect any records..

I continue to see the positives and potential of my country and live in bliss everyday in this twin isle republic,almost everything is perfect,even to look at....

bravos 2018-03-16 23:21:33 

'Satan' the pest killed in Malabar

Happy enigmatic dynamic country murder headline,watch the wording well,you feel the country ain know as long as dey not like 'satan' dey chances here as good as anywhere with the added bonus of perpetual jamming still,good food,lovely flora ,fauna and other natural phenomenon ,easy going living ,great nightlife ,lovely ladies, great sights,sounds and scenes with an ocean so blue for dey view?

Andy playing dotish for allyuh...somebody go rob he ass in foreign.

bravos 2018-03-17 00:46:40 

happy Trini mash up de people dem prestigious Tatoo..

Like only Trini can!! Hold dem an wuk dem!!

sgtdjones 2018-03-17 01:08:13 

In reply to bravos

Oh shut ya illiterate rass, you are useless bore.

You think I came here for responses.I am not insecure.
I post facts .

Who are you to tell me what to do ?.

Take ya narcissistic condition and get help.
T&T is breeding Criminals, a failed state.

Go look at the pictures in your comic book collection.

razz razz razz razz

Dukes 2018-03-17 06:40:01 

In reply to bravos

no Trini girl I know looking South for anything, lol..

We aint talking bout the girls you "KNOW" because dem well "SATISFIED"

We talking bout dem Trini gyals you do not know!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

bravos 2018-03-17 21:00:45 

In reply to Dukes

Touche!!! smile