The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: Dottin: Bring on Australia

CaribbeanCricket.com 2018-11-20 05:18:07 

FEARLESS West Indies women's all-rounder Deandra Dottin has sounded a warning to Australia that the defending champions of the ICC World Twenty20 are ready to beat them again. Dottin was quick to remind the Aussies of what happened at Eden Gardens in India in the last World T20 final two years ago. The teams face each other in semifinal action in Antigua on Thursday at 8pm.

Following a perfect four wins from four matches in Group B, the table-toppers West Indies moved one step closer to retaining their crown by setting up this crucial affair against three-time champs Australia who were Group A runners-up

"The pressure is always there but we're not feeling it. We know where we have to improve and we're just revving up," Dottin said to ESPN. "We know Australia are the top-ranked team in the world but we're on home turf and in great form so we're not afraid of them at all. If anything, we're totally ready for what they have to offer," she added.

Trinidad Newsday has the report

Full Story

powen001 2018-11-20 05:35:18 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

Thats how you play the MIND Game !!

Good on you DOTTIN!!

sgtdjones 2018-11-20 08:50:30 

In the Caribbean, we haven't learned

Why energize the Aussie's with such comments?

This can backfire.

sigh

cherri 2018-11-20 09:34:57 

In reply to powen001

I hope wunna don't cuss she Thursday night.....

powen001 2018-11-20 09:38:50 

In reply to cherri

wont happpen.

Dottin has on her big girl panties...

I suggest wunnuh frighten ppl get some diapers instead. big grin big grin

sgtdjones 2018-11-20 09:41:48 

In reply to cherri

Watch how fickle some of these folks on the board are
should we lose.

It would have been best not to say a word.

Talk after the cup has been won.

Tryangle 2018-11-20 10:20:31 

In reply to sgtdjones

I think that if you need a soundbite from the opposing team to inspire you when there's already the prospect in playing in a world championship final ahead of you, then you're already in a bad spot. I'm not worried about Deandra's statements, after all they weren't disparaging in any shape or form of Oz. Confidence and belief is a good thing.

cherri 2018-11-20 10:22:06 

In reply to sgtdjones

That is why when things doan turn out the way they expected they does be so nasty to these same players......not a ball ent bowl yet and they got the game lock down......and these players need to learn to keep quiet sometimes too...….yes we all want the ladies to go all the way, but these semi-final games are always the hardest...….I hope at the end of the game Diandra will still have on her big girl panties and they won't be soiled...….. rolleyes

cherri 2018-11-20 10:24:00 

In reply to powen001

Frighten people...you know that doan apply to me.....I have been around long enough to know not to get tie up about nothing name sport...….

anandgb 2018-11-20 11:18:29 

In reply to cherri

I hope wunna don't cuss she Thursday night.....
lol lol lol

analyst-kid 2018-11-20 11:23:51 

Actually it is great psychology. WI is an aggressive team (and a very strong allround team too) and going after them aggressively has shown to be many teams downfall.

If the English top order had took their time instead of trying to go after the WI hard in the powerplay they would have scored more.

WI in this tournament is superior to Aus in bowling batting and fielding so energizing Aus is psychological....AUS needs to take it easy and let WI beat themselves.

In other words if a tiger tells you bring it on...you got to be careful.

FuzzyWuzzy 2018-11-20 11:52:21 

Link Text

Ridge 2018-11-20 12:28:16 

You should never talk down any Aussie team.
Aussies never back down from a fight.
Dottin better bowl lots of Dots

natty_forever 2018-11-20 12:41:51 

Go West Indies! We nuh fraid a no body! WIN LOSE OR DRAW. If so, you more likely to WIN!

Kay 2018-11-20 12:44:51 

I hope dem back up de talk. This is getting deeper into the competition and nearing crunch time. The showing against England last match does not inspire much confidence.

Hopefully dem keep up the tight bowling and great fielding and hope the batting fire on all cylinders....

powen001 2018-11-20 19:39:53 

In reply to analyst-kid

Actually it is great psychology. WI is an aggressive team (and a very strong allround team too) and going after them aggressively has shown to be many teams downfall.

Precisely.

ZILCH to lose!

And it is clear the West Indies women are intimidating others...Milk it and now Market it...

Beat them mentally before they step on the field.

Dat simple. big grin

sgtdjones 2018-11-20 20:21:44 

In reply to powen001

Powen

You sounding like you are in the tourism business
promoting these women.

Why not wait till the finals, it would be appropriate.

Failure and one can look rather foolish.

lol lol lol

Powen off the fence sumting not rite here

lol lol

Headley 2018-11-20 21:01:12 

In reply to Abercromby Street Sargeant

Why not wait till the finals, it would be appropriate.

Are you the same man who was telling me 2 days ago to abandon diplomacy and talk freely? Well, well, well.

Talk yuh talk Ms. Dottin. Win, lose or draw you're a great player. The brave only die once. Cowards like Abercromby Street Sargeant die a thousand deaths.

analyst-kid 2018-11-20 21:11:30 

To me its obvious that these white young women are intimidated by the West Indian vociferous crowds and the WI aggressive fielding.

When Australia played India...no doubt the Indian girls felt at home in Guyana.

I don't think these English and Aussie girls are accustomed to this kind of crowd coupled with the WI intimidatory tactics.

Australia has to play it smart and keep their cool coming up against a stronger and aggressive team in this format of cricket.

sgtdjones 2018-11-20 21:17:07 

In reply to Headley

Charlotte st Headly

We are playing the number 2 team in the werld

Aussies are known to fight till the end,
even when collapsing. That article most likely
was given to each Aussie player.

I have an uncanny feeling about this match.

West Indies haven't had a bad game as yet?

Let's praise the women team and wish them the
best of luck, I would find such to be appropriate.

I am all for talk freely but when it is due, not before.

cool

natty_forever 2018-11-21 08:13:16 

How the mighty has fallen! We coward nuh rahtid them days star. Big Up yourself girl, mek man pon the MB look like whimps!

sgtdjones 2018-11-21 10:18:24 

In reply to natty_forever

Natty me bwoy

Ahadd Ali

Too much confidence could be dangerous. Our women ought to be wise and let their cricket do the talking. The wicket at North Sound will be different from the one at Darren Sammy stadium. West Indies women ought be mindful of that and make the necessary adjustments. Keep the fighting spirit and do your best. All West Indians are proud of you women.

Walk quietly and carry a big stick, then wham, dong them go.

razz razz razz razz

analyst-kid 2018-11-21 11:01:56 

This is a T20 MATCH UP. The player challenging Aus is Deandra Dottin the most dangerous player in the T20 format, she has pummelled the most sixes in T20 Women's cricket in the world...65 sixes...20 more than her closest competitor Devine from NZ.

But she is not the most dangerous player in the WI T20 team. That distinction goes to Matthews and Stephanie Taylor, accomplished batswomen and powerhitters.

This is great strategy. Pay attention to Dottin and ignore Matthews and Taylor at your own risk...remember they have only come off ONCE so far in the tournament and yet WI have won all their matches.

natty_forever 2018-11-21 11:05:57 

In reply to sgtdjones… well her words is her big stick and she have the Ozzies them feeling it!

hotarobin 2018-11-21 14:56:32 

In reply to sgtdjones

Exactly!! She gone and pull a Samuels.... "we don't want to compete we come to win"....then proceeded to loose the next two ODIs and effectively the series...

And I was saying how good these girls are speaking....

Respect your opponents, plays hard and talk after ya got de cup in ya hand!

Loud schupse!!!

sgtdjones 2018-11-21 15:34:10 

In reply to hotarobin

Dem Aussies will be ready...they fight to the end,
ears pinned back, ready for battle.
They are the number two ranked team in the world?

She should have said, we are lucky to be playing
such a ranked team, may the best team win.
Do not give your opponent any reason to be motivated.

Now should the ladies team lose

Watch the cussbuds come out for them.

Oh well, I wish the West Indies ladies the best of luck.

Headley 2018-11-21 19:02:12 

In reply to analyst-kid

This is a T20 MATCH UP. The player challenging Aus is Deandra Dottin the most dangerous player in the T20 format, she has pummelled the most sixes in T20 Women's cricket in the world...65 sixes...20 more than her closest competitor Devine from NZ.

But she is not the most dangerous player in the WI T20 team. That distinction goes to Matthews and Stephanie Taylor, accomplished batswomen and powerhitters.

This is great strategy. Pay attention to Dottin and ignore Matthews and Taylor at your own risk...remember they have only come off ONCE so far in the tournament and yet WI have won all their matches.

Tell dem Kid. Set of cowards snivelling behind dem mother's SKIRTS.

hotarobin 2018-11-22 16:53:02 

I guess Australia brought it on eh Dottin?

I can't recall the last time a West Indian chat such crap and the team won thereafter...

Let's see if they can pull one outta the hat here...

sgtdjones 2018-11-22 17:21:53 

In reply to Headley

You also fergats about Chrissy she cheering the ladies on.

See why one doesn't give the opposition an opportunity
to get motivated.

lol lol lol

cherri 2018-11-22 17:23:21 

Calling all the frighten people....tek off wunna diapers and send fuh de big girl....she panties wet..... rolleyes

tops 2018-11-22 17:44:17 

In reply to cherri
awwww Cherri, me a beg u girl, excuse the man... He went to girls school and he still doesn't know what big girls' panties are... sad

sgtdjones 2018-11-22 17:59:57 

In reply to cherri

Soon dem go analyze the game

den the cussing will start.

It's the norm....

razz razz razz

FuzzyWuzzy 2018-11-22 18:51:16 

In reply to hotarobin

You told them. But you have to excuse dem 2 fellas big grin big grin

cherri 2018-11-22 19:09:11 

In reply to sgtdjones
A single ball din bowl and dem larming...I would continue to say....it doan play like we does talk it....it is played on the day..and on that day the best team wins.

Maispwi 2018-11-24 06:57:53 

In reply to Headley

Looks like all de brave ones gone ah country

Maispwi 2018-11-24 18:54:48 

Where de Bravado Brigade? Next time tell your people to let dere exploits on de field do de talking