The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

IS GUYANA BACK TO RACISM IN THE FRONT?

Emir 2018-12-22 12:39:46 

The current administration, for all their faults, cannot be accused of ethnic and tribal politics- They are Guyana's only hope for building of a non racial democracy and they were making strides despite a few bumps and the "Indo" dominated opposition working to undermine them.

The current situation has its origins in the opposition party and their use of "Indo" racism as a tool to regain power and thus set back the movement towards non racial democracy.

Should they get back in power, it will negatively impact not only Guyana's future, but the entire region will be worse off.

DirtyDan 2018-12-22 12:47:07 

In reply to Emir

you're like FOX news

you speak with a forked tongue

you penny wise but pound foolish

you are a self-hater

Narper 2018-12-22 12:50:46 

In reply to Emir

Why are you so obsessed about pushing racism issues in Guyana....ALL your threads on Guyana are mainly about racism.

This kind of racism is not unique to Guyana.

Trinis on this board love to pretend it does not exist in T&T.

I have stated here many times....I have seen more racism in T&T than I have experienced in Guyana.

Ask those who were at St Augustine campus in the 70s about racism on campus.....ask about SPIC and SPAC

Ask Panday about racism in T&T

Dan_De_Lyan 2018-12-22 13:07:16 

In reply to Narper

)=====<o
// (
/

sgtdjones 2018-12-22 14:06:14 

In reply to Narper

He is PNM to the bone, so he wouldn't see anything.

It is wise to ignore this fool.

An embarrassment to all Trini's.

ray 2018-12-22 15:13:23 

In reply to Emir

Please....shut yuh kakahole if you don't know what yuh talkin bout

Narper 2018-12-22 22:32:09 

But after promising a new style of politics, Mr. Granger failed to reach out effectively to the P.P.P., a predominately Indo-Guyanese party, as the Afro-Guyanese members of his coalition continued to taunt the opposition.

New York Times

Norm 2018-12-22 23:13:01 

In reply to Emir

The current administration, for all their faults, cannot be accused of ethnic and tribal politics

You can support that, after the new PNC leader declared that only PNC party members will get government jobs? That was no empty threat, because that was exactly what the PNC did when they last held power.

Racism, essentially a vestige of colonialism, remains a major issue in Guyana, but the population showed a willingness to break those shackles when they voted out the PPP and put the PNC coalition into power. The PNC quickly turned out to be an even bigger disappointment to the people, however, as they will soon show in upcoming elections.

The worst aspect of this PNC government, right after the steep rise in violent crime, has been the recent declaration by the new PNC party leader that only PNC members will get government jobs. Stupid and hated words from the PNC leadership, from a past era, that very quickly led to the PNC's demise.

Will that new PNC leader be quickly replaced? Probably not. The most influential PNC party members probably see no problem whatsoever with such a "tribal" view. Despite their many sins while holding power, the PPP could not be accused of deliberately giving government work only to members of their party.

Curtis 2018-12-23 00:04:17 

In reply to Norm

Hopefully it's the start of an era of holding politicians accountable.

uton 2018-12-23 03:11:44 

In reply to Curtis

I cannot envision that occurring, however well-meaning Charandass' actions were the result will be distrust between the major ethnic groups as he would be seen as a snake and a sellout to the opposition which is majority dominated by his ethnic group.

The chairman of APNU should be thrown out of the party for making the statement that she "only knows PNC people and would only give work to the PNC people", sentiments such as those are silly and have no place in an emerging multiracial society. After being in the opposition for over 20 years and having a slim majority there is a need to build bridges and to be seen as fair, just, unimpeachable and extremely progressive not be seen as divisive and blatantly biased towards your own group.

Guyana suffers from a lack of leadership, Jagdeo is a savvy politician but a weak leader. Granger seems to be a man of integrity but unable to impose his will upon his team with the result being a lack of any alternative other than what Guyana has known for the past decades.

Curtis 2018-12-23 06:26:47 

In reply to uton

Well said. So who are likely leaders come election time? Granger's health may cause him to step down and Jagdeo can't run.

Emir 2018-12-23 08:30:33 

In reply to Curtis

Really? rolleyes

No, it is the resumption of an era where racism driven by "Indo" radicals want to make Guyana an "Indo" dominated state.

bravos 2018-12-23 09:06:47 

In reply to Emir

Wasn't taking on your thread until I perused the paper this morning..

Seemingly many steps backwards,didn't really delve too much into it but Guyana has to be careful...add money and power in the mix and things can really go crazy..certainly good sense would prevail..

I yield and continue to observe this case study from afar..

Emir 2018-12-23 09:47:55 

In reply to bravos

It would have been a non issue but for the race factor and we all know how racism in Guyana has strangled that country and what it has done to its masses and the economic and social impact for the entire region.

That one disgruntled MP would go so far, without consideration for Guyana's history, is nothing short of reckless.

The opposition party has not changed their racial stripes and in fact has become more radical in opposition.

As bad as the alliance was, and they made many mistakes, they remained the best option to take Guyana towards becoming a peaceful, sustainable and viable non racial democracy.

uton 2018-12-23 21:13:57 

In reply to Curtis

Well said. So who are likely leaders come election time? Granger's health may cause him to step down and Jagdeo can't run.

I predict that the PPP will win the next election and Jagdeo will have a lot of influence over most issues. I cannot see anyone stepping out of Jagdeo's shadow.

DirtyDan 2018-12-24 06:58:01 

In reply to Emir

As bad as the alliance was, and they made many mistakes, they remained the best option to take Guyana towards becoming a peaceful, sustainable and viable non racial democracy.

question for you: if the lone judas vote was by a black man, would it be different?

Runs 2018-12-24 07:05:21 

In reply to uton

Clear eyed assessments. cool

Emir 2018-12-24 08:01:32 

In reply to DirtyDan

question for you: if the lone judas vote was by a black man, would it be different?

There is only one tiny group of people in the world who use the term "black man" to refer to Afro Guyanese and perhaps all African decent peoples- and the usage of that term is, well not with love.

You should simply use the term Afro Guyanese. I will be happy to answer your question with a yes or no, of you properly restate it.

Bigzinc 2018-12-27 09:21:03 

In reply to Emir

How you come up with this theory.. Most political pundits agree that the government was incompetent and corrupt...

How come no comment on Volda Lawrence statement that she is only hiring pnc people....

you are full of crap

cricketmygame 2018-12-27 09:35:29 

In reply to Emir

Racism in Guyana hardly ever left

Bigzinc 2018-12-27 09:38:47 

In reply to DirtyDan

jagdeo needs to go

goofballs 2018-12-27 10:30:31 

In reply to Norm Uton

Well putt. (Jeremy)

goofballs 2018-12-27 10:34:10 

In reply to Emir

Gaddaha!

No, it is the resumption of an era where racism driven by "Indo" radicals want to make Guyana an "Indo" dominated state.

What has the PNC been doing?
Don't even know other tribes' basic religious national holiday?
Burnham banned dhall, roti, aloo, channa for spite.
These primitive PNCites would erase everything else if given a chance.

Emir 2018-12-27 12:01:52 

In reply to Bigzinc

Most political pundits agree that the government was incompetent and corrupt...

Look, if you want to debate, I will welcome it, but quit the cussing and childish name calling, IT is a bad reflection on you.

No one will deny the current administration has a high degree of incompetence and yes I also agree that the level of corruption is also a problem.

But Guyana's problem is beyond incompetence and corruption and the current alliance & administration is the only choice for a Guyana towards a non racial democracy.

The opposition party is race base and their racist ways seems to be getting worse with no end on site, wheres corruption and incompetence by the current administration can be fixed.

Emir 2018-12-27 12:04:19 

In reply to goofballs

Lets be honest here. The alliance is Guyana's only correct hope and choice right now. The opposition party cannot be part of the solution because their racist ideology is the problem.

For Guyana to move forward, there cannot be an "Indo Guyanese" identity- that identity is inherently racist against the Afro Guyanese who came more than hundred years before the arrival of South Asians.

Guyanese of South Asian ancestry must adopt a Mother Guyana mindset. There can no longer be such thing as "Mother India".

Afro Guyanese have long adopted Mother Guyana and have for many years now signaled their hope for a multi ethic state based on equality and freedom. Sadly the other side hasn't (yet)

BeatDball 2018-12-27 12:07:20 

In reply to goofballs Boy, some ministers in this present govt are real boorish & uncouth...they should have been fired! But, you know the socihitist mindset - no honest & transparency; we have to stick together.

cry evil

Runs 2018-12-27 12:39:43 

In reply to Emir

You are chatting nonsense mamoo and very ill informed. There are racists on both sides and they use for political advantage. It is not one sided as you are stating. cool

Emir 2018-12-27 13:10:44 

In reply to Runs

Okay, say I accept your argument, can you point me exactly to what I wrote in my last 2 postings above that you believe is "ill informed."

I also have questions for you, if you will please:

1.Do you believe by walking a middle ground and blaming both sides as equally racist, you are some how being neutral and that neutrality is somehow good for Guyana?

2. Will you deny that the "Indo Guyanese" movement has an inherently racist agenda and their Shiv Sena philosophy is hate based?

3. Will you deny that Afro Guyanese has been more inclined to accept "Mother Guyana" whereas the "Indos" want to dominate with an "Indo" identity that claims and promotes racial superiority over Afro Guyanese?

Runs 2018-12-27 13:17:42 

In reply to Emir

I think you are confusing issues with Indians from India and tying in Indo Guyanese. Nonsense dude, roughly 10% of Indos are Muslims and many are Christians I can state unequivocally they do not support any such nonsense as you allege.
Even if what you are stating is true, an extremely small percentage supports such views. Please provide proof. You are making extremely dangerous allegations on a public forum.

Curtis 2018-12-27 13:32:14 

In reply to Emir

Part of the issue with racial politics. Every angle is race centric.

There are Caribbean countries with one dominant culture or race whose politics are even more divided than Guyana.

Curtis 2018-12-27 13:44:23 

In reply to Emir

So if Indians are 40% and Africans are 29% of the population, guess whose votes the smaller group needs to win? And how, as a race based party, do you capture the additional votes?

Diversify!

Imagine a truly diversified main party, how would a non-diversified one win?

Emir 2018-12-27 14:20:06 

In reply to Runs

So if I am to listen to you, there are no racism in Guyana among "Indos." right? Because that is exactly what you are saying. And if we follow your logic to its conclusion, we can either say, that racism is either an Afro Guyanese thing or there are no racism at all.

Please do not confuse the term "Indo Guyanese" with Guyanese of Indian decent

Emir 2018-12-27 14:21:42 

In reply to Curtis

So if Indians are 40%

Indians maybe 40% of the population but not all Indians subscribe to or are a part of the "Indo" movement and ethos.

You must distinguish between the two.

I estimate that only about 20% of Indians see themselves as "Indos."

Runs 2018-12-27 14:32:07 

In reply to Emir

You make no sense, I give up lol
How the &&)) did you come to such conclusions? lol
Obviously those were pre-determined and not from my posts

Bigzinc 2018-12-27 14:36:41 

In reply to Emir

Listen you jackass, you have no brief to speak for afro or indo guyanese...No indo guyanese wants to go and live in mother india as you call it..

you talking sheer shyte and sound like a dumber version of spuds mackenzie....and that is saying something...

DirtyDan 2018-12-27 14:36:48 

In reply to Emir

Any racist Afros?

Emir 2018-12-27 14:37:33 

In reply to Runs

big grin big grin

Okay, I take it as you concede.

But in parting, I implore you to pick the one right side in the battle wink

Runs 2018-12-27 14:43:07 

In reply to Emir

You are arguing against youself, please revisit my first post. You are one bigot dude. wink
I do not understand why you are allowed to get away with your race baiting. rolleyes

Emir 2018-12-27 14:58:10 

In reply to Runs

Ah so the real you showing up? Name calling and all, and that you haven't answered any of my questions is duly noted. smile

ray 2018-12-27 15:33:26 

Emir is a known anti Hindu bigot....notice the SHiv Sena comment...he is one of the most bigoted and racist dudes on this board

sgtdjones 2018-12-27 15:41:12 

In reply to Runs

Ask the Imam how many Indians in the Rowley Government
and what ministry they are in charge off?

How come no Indian in the PNM has been given the top job
of PM in the PNM when the PM is away?

Kamal should have been the leader of the PNM, ask him what happened since the Imam is a PNM till I die.

How many Indians in Police Force, Army, Public service, Coast Guard etc?

Why were Indians the majority during the kidnapping years?

Why are Indians still awaiting money from Floods etc, two years ago? In the recent floods, all PNM areas were paid first.

I am on the ground in Moruga over the last two months,
faced racism and see it daily. It's between Moslems and Hindus, most Moslems support the PNM as the Imam.

PNM and UNC are race-based parties, just like you have in Guyana.One of the reasons I don't support any Political party in T&T.

These individuals who don't see such in T&T are looking thru rose colored glasses.

goofballs 2018-12-27 15:45:40 

In reply to Emir

The alliance is Guyana's only correct hope and choice right now.

Wow! More bigoted than the biggest idiot in America. smile
This alliance? A bunch of crude, primitive, selfish, self centered individuals who grabbed hold of a few ex PPP greedy opportunists of Indian race who knew whattaklaack after they realized they were just Yes men to a party that did not care, did not acknowledge any other religion, race or cultures' presence in your "Mother Guyana."

goofballs 2018-12-27 16:04:46 

In reply to Emir

there cannot be an "Indo Guyanese" identity- that identity is inherently racist against the Afro Guyanese who came more than hundred years before the arrival of South Asians.

Right off the racist Burnhamite playbook and propaganda!
(N.B. My use of the term Burnhamite is not the same as for all Guyanese of African descent, just ones with the racist propaganda drilled in their heads by Burnham's henchmen who used that to divide Guyana and to persecute people of Indian descent through his regime).

You say Indo for whatever reason. Never heard it used to differentiate people of Indian ancestry. Maybe another of Prump's creation (in de head).

Are people threatened by a rich cultural heritage?
They resisted the propaganda of the Colonials and neo colonials in BG who tried to belittle their culture.
Burnham and his cronies talked just like you, to set strife against an innocent culture.
So what if the ancient religions and culture revolve around books in Sanskrit, Hindi or Arabic/Urdu and is practised using the prayers from that language?
The Catholic church used Latin for a long time although it was a long dead language.
So what if people sing bhajan or whatever? The clap hand chuch has been rapidly growing in western world.
So we eat dhall, roti, channa and aloo curry. We also eat boiled and fried breadfruit and provisions, metajee soup, salt fish and bake. Many eat pepperpot and now there is a non beef version circulating.

goofballs 2018-12-27 16:11:21 

Propaganda like yours is straight from the racists' playbook to set up hate and distrust amongst people.
What about "out of many, one"?

Mother Guyana's culture should actually be a beautiful marriage of all the peoples.
Since I got sense, the colonials and Burnhamites try to belittle and deny this rich religion and culture. You are telling people to forget it.

WHY?

Sign of insecurity, inferior complex. Big time. Out of fear and insecurity, denounce any other culture and race.

Btw, most Africans who got back in touch with their roots feel so much enriched getting back in touch with the culture of the ancestors and having a sense of identity and understanding where they come from.

What is Mother Guyana's culture if you remove the ASIAN Influence?

Kay 2018-12-27 16:18:37 

No one will deny the current administration has a high degree of incompetence and yes I also agree that the level of corruption is also a problem.

But Guyana's problem is beyond incompetence and corruption and the current alliance & administration is the only choice for a Guyana towards a non racial democracy.

I can't imagine any sane person putting these two sentences one after the other …. smile

goofballs 2018-12-27 16:19:35 

Part 4 razz

Mashramani is not for everybody where the women dance practically naked in vulgar forms as if screwing each other and exposing their kyaat.
Ok, NOT FOR ME and that is my choice, just like my religion and way of life is my choice and not a racist Burnhamite's dictate.

I think many races have already adapted Mother Guyana's culture across the board wrt choke and robbing and violent crimes.

So, I advice you to keep your bad, bad, racist personality under wraps! It is recommended that you have a cabinet meeting at least every day and be in touch with all of them and set some limits and control over them so no rogue personality take over. razz razz
Seriously, your assinity is very inflammatory and think what it can do to a Jeremy and Jala. wink

BeatDball 2018-12-27 17:24:36 

Goofy's on fire & is a badjohn!

Emir 2018-12-27 17:44:47 

In reply to BeatDball

But I am still waiting for goofy to reply to my specific points.

goofballs 2018-12-27 19:44:21 

In reply to Emir

there cannot be an "Indo Guyanese" identity- that identity is inherently racist against the Afro Guyanese

You don't make any points except an invalid,inflammatory racist statement there stirring up the Jalasses of the world.....he wrote a PhD dissertation here calling someone racist because he said he preferred Indian music.

Primitive, controlling or ignorant people are of the opinion that "if they don't look like me, talk like me or do as I do, then they are against me. They are the enemy."

Then...they, or their habits, must be eliminated.

That's where you are

That's what I have observed among the Burnhamites in Guyana with no tolerance for anyone or any culture different than theirs.
That is where the chairman of the PNC is at.
Do you and the Burnhamites care about anything or anyone except your vile "culture" or lack of thereof?

You carry on smartly. Walk good.
Maybe your culture will conquer the world one day and will be the only, the greatest, culture ever in the history of the world.
No, Universe.

sgtdjones 2018-12-27 19:59:51 

In reply to goofballs

Can one imagine the family he grew up with?
Most likely his parents taught him how to be racist.

Now think, he is an Imam in a mosque in the USA.

We learn from our parents, notice, why I stated moslems
as him, are PNM to the bone. One of the parties in T&T
that is race supported.

PNM didn't support the Hindus so a wealthy Indian started the Maha Saba schools. Naparima College was started for Indians by Canadian missionaries.

Instead of Judging Guyana, he should look at T&T first
before commenting.

twisted

goofballs 2018-12-27 20:07:56 

In reply to sgtdjones

Just a rogue personality.

smile

sgtdjones 2018-12-27 20:32:14 

In reply to goofballs

I am hoping he is not banned.

His posting shows me the other side.

Amazing.

goofballs 2018-12-28 11:50:40 

In reply to sgtdjones
In summary, Prump is just a junior Burnhamite compared to the massive atrocities and hatred spewed in Guyana.
People cry when a non white here gets hated and attacked by the 30% blind rural red followers who get egged on by racist comments by their God like great leader who looks (and thinks) just like them....
Actually people got killed.

Just study Prump and you will see the physiology and pathology of a racist, Burnhamite or otherwise.
Same difference.

BeatDball 2018-12-28 12:33:34 

The reason for Singapore's success was that Lee Qwan Yew's party was dominant & didnt budge an inch for the opposition. Rwanda is replicating just that...I'm afraid for TT & GT...the major political parties are evenly opposed as per population ratio & are ethnically based...ergo, the countries are facted...forever!? As I like to say, Keep it simple sah!
sad

Runs 2018-12-28 12:40:59 

In reply to BeatDball

I notice you love to push that homegenous card as a requirement for success?

Rwanda has Hutu’s and Tutsi’s, 2 ethnically different tribes who massacred one another, if they were able to come together why are Guyana and TnT cursed forever?

BeatDball 2018-12-28 13:02:09 

In reply to Runs In GT & TT, you are dealing with two different racial/cultural groups. One is 40% and the other is about 30%. They are almost even & if one side doesnt budge & the leadership/political elites dont put the country first...you figure it. Just give up. Educate you kids here in NA & have them lean right...ok center right! Btw, enjoy life by touring the world. Done.
cry
wink

Runs 2018-12-28 13:07:31 

In reply to BeatDball

If leadership can put aside differences, they will be successful. wink

Jumpstart 2018-12-28 13:09:32 

In reply to BeatDball

BeatDball 2018-12-28 13:12:58 

In reply to Jumpstart Call it stupid...but, I think Jamaica will get it right...just give the JLP a chance...then the rest of WI will follow. Influential overseas based Jamaicans are putting pressure on both parties to govern sensibly. However, I have more confidence in the less socialist oriented party, the JLP, to get it done.

cool
smile

googley 2018-12-28 21:07:23 

In reply to Emir

IS GUYANA BACK TO RACISM IN THE FRONT?

Did it stop at some point? Please point it out.

goofballs 2018-12-28 21:19:52 

In reply to googley
They had it in de back

side

uton 2018-12-29 02:12:54 

In reply to goofballs

Mashramani is not for everybody where the women dance practically naked in vulgar forms as if screwing each other and exposing their kyaat.
Ok, NOT FOR ME and that is my choice, just like my religion and way of life is my choice and not a racist Burnhamite's dictate.

Are you sure you are not confusing Mashramani with the recent Guyana carnival? Even if there are women dancing in a provocative style that does not detract from the original intent of Mashramani. Are you sure that Mashramani is not your "thing" due to the initial regime that promoted the event?

uton 2018-12-29 02:24:03 

In reply to BeatDball

The reason for Singapore's success was that Lee Qwan Yew's party was dominant & didnt budge an inch for the opposition.

Race has been a fundamental issue for Singapore from the very beginning of our nationhood. In 1965, on the day we became independent, Mr Lee Kuan Yew said Singapore is "not a Malay nation, not a Chinese nation, not an Indian nation. Everybody will have a place in Singapore"
He said this to assure the minorities in Singapore that they would always be protected and not be treated worse than the majority. But he also said this to remind the Chinese majority never to oppress the non-Chinese, because they themselves had felt squatted upon when Singapore was in Malaysia. It was a two-part message - not only to reassure the minorities but, at the same time, give a sober reminder to the majority not to overstep their bounds and make life miserable for those who are not the same colour as them. Why was this principle so important to us? There are two parts to this answer.

First, this was the fundamental ideal over which we fought with the central government in Malaysia. Our founding fathers - Lee Kuan Yew, Goh Keng Swee, S. Rajaratnam, Othman Wok - believed passionately in the vision of a multiracial society. Where nobody would be favoured or disadvantaged because of the colour of his or her skin. Where everybody would have equal opportunities, feel kinship with people of different races and religions, and share the same Singapore nationality.
You can read the above here .

uton 2018-12-29 02:37:40 

In reply to goofballs

Wow! More bigoted than the biggest idiot in America. smile
This alliance? A bunch of crude, primitive, selfish, self centered individuals
How does the PPP under Jagdeo differ? Do not allow your biases blind you to reality. Guyana's severe brain drain since the late 70's will hamper any attempt at good governance, the issue is not having one specific race govern the nation, the issue is a lack of a cadre of professionals to govern the nation.

BeatDball 2018-12-29 09:22:44 

In reply to uton Nice read sah! 1965? That year has a nice ring for me! Lol. Btw, could you see how Lee Qwan Yew was visionary?

cool

goofballs 2018-12-29 10:10:45 

In reply to uton

I am sure! smile

goofballs 2018-12-29 10:34:35 

In reply to uton

How does the PPP under Jagdeo differ?

It is like calling Johnny for stealing/fighting or whatever and his only defence is that brother Peter done the same.
Bad, bad, very bad(a la Prump) mentality that would keep Guyana down forever.
Negative approach.
Start now and address the problem right here in front of your eyes so when Jane reaches that age, she would NOT use Johnny's behavior as precedence.
I haven't followed Guyana's politics much except for renewed interest now that my mail order bride is coming from that colony.
I know what I experienced during 60s, 70s under Burnham.
Contrary to popular PNC ites belief I am not here to defend anyone.
I must say that Burnham would have been seen as an angel compared to these jokers,ignorant bunch of crude, primitive, selfish, self centered individuals.

Do not allow your biases blind you to reality.

Again, my reality is what I see right in front of my eyes. Apart from the thug like conduct in parliament, we have the leader of the PNC expressing her manifesto. "I will give PNC wuk only."
Burnham did that and stacked the police, army, civil service with his type of people only. He just did it like NIKE unlike Viola who has to blatantly declare it like she is above the law, man or God. That's one difference from Burnham.

They don't know basic religion or holidays of almost half the population and were brazen (shameless) about their ignorance and not giving a damn.

How can any decent human of whatever color or religion tolerate that?

Apart from Burnham banning food of a particular culture, has there been any other brazen, crass discrimination against any other religion or culture when that guy was in power.

I did see a bit of that chap Ramoutar but he was not the brightest bulb or sharpest tool, or even assertive.

ToTrini 2018-12-29 10:44:24 

In reply to Narper

Narper - what is your opinion on Donald Ramoutar

Runs 2018-12-29 10:52:04 

In reply to goofballs

I haven't followed Guyana's politics much except for renewed interest now that my mail order bride is coming from that colony.

lol congrats bro

goofballs 2018-12-29 10:59:27 

In reply to Runs

lol lol lol lol

Thanks! I was listening to this and some older, playing fresh and young, men talking about, confirmed, this epidemic happening.

Link Text

Runs 2018-12-29 11:07:01 

In reply to goofballs

lol

uton 2018-12-29 11:15:47 

In reply to goofballs

It is like calling Johnny for stealing/fighting or whatever and his only defence is that brother Peter done the same.

Ask the people on the ground about convicted drug lord Roger Khan and his association with the PPP. Ask the people on the ground why Jagdeo's best friend was given Guyana Pharmaceutical Corporation in a "sweetheart " deal and became the sole supplier of drugs for a number of years until a change of government. The solution to Guyana is not race-based governance as you seem to allude to but governance by a group which is merit-based, intellectually-progressive along with being culturally diverse to truly reflect Guyana's society.

uton 2018-12-29 11:22:51 

In reply to goofballs

They don't know basic religion or holidays of almost half the population and were brazen (shameless) about their ignorance and not giving a damn.

You need to address the lack of adequate professionals to govern Guyana as that is the true issue here, the issue when the APNU minister had little knowledge about Deepavali or a similar holiday reflects the lack of talent that hampers Guyana.

goofballs 2018-12-29 11:26:40 

In reply to uton
Forget the first part of this last post for a moment.

This is progress! Attempt at a solution.
Regardless how you and some others might see it, race and culture matter to anyone/everyone.
Viola and company are indulging in ignoring race/culture to the detriment of society, but maybe not her people based on her selfish, self centered attitude.
Now if someone dare POINT that out, the other side would quickly jump and call the observer a racist.
What does culturally diverse mean again?

Anyhow, back to Bourda. Your solution sounds like Utopia. I sincerely wish it could become true.

The solution to Guyana is not race-based governance as you seem to allude to but governance by a group which is merit-based, intellectually-progressive along with being <b>culturally diverse to truly reflect Guyana's society.</b>

uton 2018-12-29 11:40:03 

In reply to goofballs

Regardless how you and some others might see it, race and culture matter to anyone/everyone.
Viola and company are indulging in ignoring race/culture to the detriment of society, but maybe not her people based on her selfish, self centered attitude.

I am 200% of Afro origin and I will state to you what Volda Lawrence stated was utter stupidity. Forget Utopia, give me another solution other than people working cooperatively.
I just took my 9-year-old son to Guyana for the 2nd time this year as I want him to understand my ancestry. I did not feel safe allowing him and his mother to roam Georgetown alone, we are now in Singapore and they are going around town without a care in the world even though it is late at night and they will be safe. I want my homeland to have relative security and prosperity and it cannot be achieved with a divided society and divisive governance from any group.

goofballs 2018-12-29 12:01:55 

In reply to uton

it cannot be achieved with a divided society and divisive governance from any group
Exactly.
Problem is, the so called politicians prey on that just like Prump on the poor white Americans.

Stoke the fire of own race or culture to the exclusion of others and you have a forever split society. The people still get suckered by the criminal like, self centered politicians.

Funny thing is, when I see Guyanese of any color here or in NY, Toronto I see no racial tensions. It is like meeting up with long lost family from the village (of Guyana) and we get excited and jabber on about so many things we have in common.

The divisive elements have not perpetrated these places. Common enemy is cold, snow and jobs.

BeatDball 2018-12-29 12:13:14 

In reply to goofballs I knew that girl...funny thing is that she has a sister, Sarojna!

big grin

uton 2018-12-29 12:13:27 

In reply to goofballs

It seems that we are having a "Come to Jesus" or "Come to Shiva" or "Come to Muhammad" moment since we are now in agreement. I run a technology consulting firm in Sydney, my initial support came from the Indian technology heads not the Anglo-Australians or others, the point is that people can and should work together for the advancement of both parties especially when there are not others to assist you. I was offered opportunities as they understood that if I failed that they would fail and we all would suffer. Maybe people need to understand that they need each other to progress, the Indian Execs that helped me were straight out of Bangalore and Hyderabad and had no affiliation to me other than very mutually beneficial relationships which others would not provide to either of the parties involved.

Curtis 2018-12-29 12:38:34 

Uton. Kingston Proud.
Kingston Pride.

uton 2018-12-29 12:42:34 

In reply to Curtis

Uton. Kingston Proud.
Kingston Pride.
I just went to parties in Kingston at the house of my ex-teacher. smile

Runs 2018-12-29 12:48:50 

In reply to uton

Arokium cool

uton 2018-12-29 14:23:48 

In reply to Runs

You were obviously a man around town.

Runs 2018-12-29 14:35:29 

In reply to uton

Check pm, small world cool

goofballs 2018-12-29 19:32:59 

In reply to uton

Maybe people need to understand that they need each other to progress
cool cool

Dem nah gat understanding.
I use the word primitive a lot not necessarily in a disparaging manner but to reflect the type of primitive thinking, lacking maturity, concrete, egocentric.
When people stir up racism or "us" against "them" we can all revert to primitive level of thinking, and functioning.
We need to have more interactions with each other to develop understanding.

A little fun reading for relaxation:
Link Text