The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Taking advantage of an old, mentally ill man!

nitro 2018-12-24 11:10:38 

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/focus/20181223/ewart-walters-open-letter-gerry-grindley

ray 2018-12-24 11:11:46 

thought you talkin bout Trump lol

nick2020 2018-12-24 11:30:56 

In reply to ray

#Metoo

nitro 2018-12-24 13:27:58 

In reply to ray

Trump is a stable genius!

Dukes 2018-12-24 13:39:56 

In reply to ray

thought you talkin bout Trump

Honest to goodness I thought so too!!!!!!!
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

StumpCam 2018-12-24 14:07:31 

In reply to nitro

Trump is a stable genius!

With all the braying he does, he definitely belongs in a stable!

Drapsey 2018-12-24 14:09:25 

In reply to StumpCam

smile

np 2018-12-24 15:22:31 

In reply to Dukes

Nitro does not have the BALLS to say such things about his best buddy —- DT.

HE, nitro, is still waiting to get his Santa visit ....first. Don’t expect him to be so BRAVE.

nitro 2018-12-24 18:50:12 

In reply to np

Comrade, merry christmas.

Runs 2018-12-24 21:42:39 

Outgoing Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill said GOP senators privately say President Trump is “nuts" and "doesn't have a grasp of the issues." razz

np 2018-12-24 21:53:38 

In reply to nitro

Thanks, and same to you and family.
On the other hand - it would be merrier if yuh bwaay kick di bucket. I’d be very Merry.
cool cool

Ewart 2018-12-25 21:43:40 

In reply to nitro

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you. May all darkness be lightened.

//

cricketmygame 2018-12-25 21:47:32 

In reply to nick2020

#meethree

nitro 2018-12-26 06:36:30 

In reply to Ewart

Thanks Comrade. All the best to you and your family as well.

I have not bought your book as yet. Is it on Amazon?

I really, honestly wish you could enlighten Jamaicans, the diaspora included as to what really happened in the 70s. Maybe a weekly series of articles in one of the newspapers?

Then again you maybe too biased to give the accounts of both sides. cool

Ewart 2018-12-26 11:34:16 

In reply to nitro

No, the book is not yet on Amazon... still have a few left of the 2,000 first run. They can be bought directly from me, $30.00 plus handling. Send me C$42 and I will mail you a copy.

The book is my attempt to answer m y own question as to what was the National Movement. The PNP was not the National Movement... it was a product of the Movement. Interestingly when I chatted with then Opposition Leader Andrew Holness about it during a courtesy call, he asked whether the JLP was part of the Movement. Sadly, I had to tell him no.

At the time, the JLP was not really a party, it was Bustamante and the men and women he gathered around him from the BITU and commerce and money.

I have never heard a PNP man accuse anyone of bias. That accusation always seems to come from people who, while masking their real feelings and associations, are supporters of things like the Republican Party and the JLP.

They are never biased. Bias, to them, means only that the person accused does not fawn and swoon over everything that proceeds from the mouth or Twitter feed of Spanky Toadstool and others of his ilk.

//

RemainsUnknown 2018-12-26 13:51:47 

In reply to np

In reply to nitro

Thanks, and same to you and family.
On the other hand - it would be merrier if yuh bwaay kick di bucket. I’d be very Merry.
cool cool
That's a lot of hate, bro... careful what you wish for...... it's NOT in the spirit of the season..... wink wink wink

alfa1975 2018-12-26 14:19:12 

In reply to nitro Dear Nitro, your request for Ewart to enlighten Jamaicans and the diaspora might really be one and the same.A vast percentage of the diaspora were living in Jamaica at the time and are aware of the facts.
Secondly,were the massive migration numbers in 1980s attributable to the PNP?

JayMor 2018-12-26 15:58:51 

In reply to nitro
Nitro, merry Christmas, etc. I, unlike NP and others here, I do fully appreciate how much you get off on a good troll. You wouldn't believe it but often I do like it. LOL. Anyway, thanks for this thread and pointing out that Ewart editorial; would've missed it otherwise.

In reply to Maas Ewie

Spanky Toadstool and others of his ilk
cool big grin  Rass, mi fren, yuh crack me up! Sometimes it's nice when we're able to check (reality-wise) the utterings of people who may otherwise appear to hold sagacity on a topic. I do that a lot with the evolution of microprocessors and personal computers. (You wouldn't believe how much skewing of the truth is out there!)
    Anyway, count me in for a copy of the book.

--Æ.

Ewart 2018-12-26 16:47:24 

In reply to JayMor

Oh yes! I would believe you on that. I see it every day, and just in case I miss anything there is nitro to fill me in!

razz big grin big grin big grin

//

Ewart 2018-12-26 16:50:23 

In reply to JayMor

Check your PM.

//

JayMor 2018-12-26 17:13:51 

In reply to Ewart

The book is my attempt to answer m y own question as to what was the National Movement.
That statement fooled me into thinking that there was a follow-up publication that I missed; sorry. Yes, you're right; I do already have a copy of "We Come From Jamaica...".

BTW, you did the Patois in that article with great application! Me kinda good tuh, but yuh betta dan me. LOL.

Irie Ismus and best of the season to you and fam.

--Æ.

Ewart 2018-12-26 18:10:53 

In reply to JayMor

lol lol lol lol

You too!

Blessings!

//

np 2018-12-26 22:16:16 

In reply to RemainsUnknown

Don’t worry out me boss. Wory bout yuhself. It’s my prerogative to express myself as I choose. I don’t hate him, but I do hate what he represents. It’s against decency and it’s antipeople. So we can do without him - whichever way he disappears - that I don’t control. And I would not be SORRY.
Is something wrong with that?? If so too bad.

Ewart 2018-12-27 10:29:11 

In reply to alfa1975

Question to nitro:

?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?

Deserves an answer....

//

POINT 2018-12-27 10:46:55 

In reply to ray

I also came to the same conclusion that You arrived at .

nitro 2018-12-28 06:24:25 

In reply to alfa1975

My research shows this was due to very slow economic growth, tight budgetary controls negatively impacted social spending. The PM at the time made a remark it takes cash to care.

It would be interesting to find out why the country was in RECOVERY mode economically and socially.

Ewart 2018-12-28 10:45:35 

In reply to nitro

My research shows this was due to very slow economic growth, tight budgetary controls negatively impacted social spending.

lol lol
lol lol
lol lol
lol lol
lol lol

lol lol
lol lol
lol lol
lol lol

lol lol
lol lol
lol lol