The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Charrandass is forming a party next month

Narper 2018-12-24 15:43:50 

Charran’s first set of words to me were; “I need your advice.” He explained he is forming a political party to contest the 2019 general elections. He said to me; “I want to know now if you would help me.”

A few months back Charran said come January 2019 he will be finished with the AFC. I knew Charran was going to vote yes for the motion. I told only one person the night before. That person I deeply trust because he saved my life once when I was attacked by goons late one night. The goons were sent by central actors in the corridors of power.

So the famous or infamous (for me he is not infamous) Charrandas Persaud will be contesting the 2019 general elections. He said his campaign will concentrate on Regions 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.
I guess this will be my last throw of the dice. Campaigning for Charran will be my last election campaign. I am getting on in age and I think it is time I hang up my gloves. I definitely want to see more than two parties in parliament. I definitely want to see a configuration in which the PNC or the PPP does not have a majority in Parliament.

link

problemjay 2018-12-24 16:35:11 

lol man break out party to form his own and in few months find out not enough support throughout the nation, political career comes to an end if he does not form a coalition with another party. Same ole story in Caribbean politics lol

BeatDball 2018-12-24 16:46:44 

That's third world democracy - more division! More parties, more fractious factions! It's all factious! I dwl. Boy, General Pinochet, Lee Kwan Yew & now Paul Kagame were/are clairvoyant of this! Dwl.

Norm 2018-12-24 17:23:17 

In reply to Narper

This is second hand. Charrandas said publicly that he is done with politics. In any case, no one can form a party and campaign successfully in 3 months.

People are trying to discredit Chararandas in all sorts of ways.

DirtyDan 2018-12-24 18:02:59 

They have a party song already

Narper 2018-12-24 18:45:48 

In reply to Norm

In reply to Narper

This is second hand. Charrandas said publicly that he is done with politics. In any case, no one can form a party and campaign successfully in 3 months.

I heard the man say so too

I am surprised Freddie Kissoon is claiming Charandass called him with this.

I guess we will have to wait and see.
Last year, Charran told me that if there was a no confidence motion he would vote yes but would only be deterred by fear for his safety. I told only one person that and exacted a promise from him to never reveal it. That was David Hinds when we were at Nicky’s Fish Shop.

A few months back Charran said come January 2019 he will be finished with the AFC. I knew Charran was going to vote yes for the motion. I told only one person the night before. That person I deeply trust because he saved my life once when I was attacked by goons late one night. The goons were sent by central actors in the corridors of power.

bravos 2018-12-24 22:23:50 

In reply to Narper

But he said outside parliament after the vote he not gonna be politically active..and it wasn't politically motivated..

Typical political liar?

Runs 2018-12-25 07:11:08 

Charrandas explains reasons for his vote of no confidence.

Link Text

Narper 2018-12-26 11:51:23 

Mentions a new party at the end of his facebook message on Christmas day

Jeremy 2018-12-27 00:22:24 

Charrandas explains reasons for his vote of no confidence.

Link Text

Charrandas is 100% right to vote for a no confidence. All the points he made are valid to removed this corrupt govt.

Apnu are corrupt.

Narper 2018-12-31 23:27:53 

Former AFC parliamentarian Charrandas Persaud says he will dedicate the rest of his life to ensuring that the party does not regain any seats in Parliament.

Persaud, who is currently in Canada, made the pronouncements at the Shri Surya Narayan mandir. A video of Persaud’s address to the mandir was uploaded on their Facebook Page yesterday afternoon.

link

Emir 2019-01-01 09:03:53 

In reply to bravos

That Charrandas feller is quite a character. On the night he voted out the legitimate government on a "no confidence vote" that in itself my be unconstitutional, he told the TV interviewer he was ready to put his life on the line- that he had already spoken to his son and grand sons in Canada and wished them farewell. That he was right to fight for his belief etc etc.

The truth is he fled Guyana like a coward on the same night.

Now each day, we see something different with him. His selfish act was no doubt done for publicity and not for the good of Guyana, given his history of race etc.

Now he goes in a Mandir, a place that should be free from his dirty politics, and he makes another video.

Emir 2019-01-01 09:10:14 

In reply to Norm

I tried looking up Guyanese media to see what actions Charrandas had taken inside government to effectuate change from within, I could find none.

Did he bring legislation? Did he try to align with others inside government who shared his legitimate concerns? Did he plead with his political leader?

I could find nothing he did to bring about the change he claimed he wanted to see? Apparently he felt by simply being elected that cabinet would come to him for advice, he seems lazy, unwilling to work hard for change.

Norm 2019-01-01 14:41:55 

In reply to Emir

I could find none.

You may be correct. Guyana Members of Parliament who are not government ministers tend not to make the news often. At this point, I only have Charandass's word for his efforts to bring about change. I could not find anything in the news to support that either, but I am assuming that his statements would have been refuted stoutly by his many newfound enemies, if they held no water.

I could find nothing he did to bring about the change he claimed he wanted to see?

Charandass wanted to represent the concerns of sugar workers, but he said that the Prime Minister never followed up after discussions with him. He also wanted his party leader (AFC) to speak out against the new PNC leader (Volda), who declared that only PNC members would get government jobs.

I don't think Charandass had a big list of changes he wanted, except the above, and to change his role in parliament from "yes man". His role in parliament was to "shut up" and always vote in favor of the government.

BeatDball 2019-01-01 15:50:01 

I take it that CP had his tertiary education in Canada & spent years to deceades there...with that background, he wouldnt just sit by & be a yes man. The guy is results oriented - get things done, dont just talk! I'm not sure he belongs there & that is a sad commentary.

goofballs 2019-01-01 16:57:26 

In reply to Emir

I tried looking up Guyanese media to see what actions Charrandas had taken inside government to effectuate change from within, I could find none.

Did he bring legislation? Did he try to align with others inside government who shared his legitimate concerns? Did he plead with his political leader?

You think this is the great 'Merican democracy?Grow up!

The seats in US are contested for individually and not appointed at the whim and fancy of the party henchmen/women like in Guyana, expecting the MPs to walk 20 feet behind the leader and just shut up and be Yes men..
Even now, under Prump all of them are yes men/women who dare not speak or else they get fired.

You saw that (non)lady's face? Man, she could haul a slap on someone or beat them up, throw them over the rail or just take a hatchet and chop people tukdey, tukaray (to pieces). lol lol lol
The President or party mafia would take credit for any good outcomes.

This is not a defense of Charrandas as their is nothing to defend in a bold revolutionary stance, doing the right thing (when it mattered) taking a stance and stopping being a Yes man under threat of life from the thugs.

Narper 2019-01-07 21:09:05 

Charrandass Persaud says to return home soon
-plans to continue law practice

“Guyana is my home. I am self-exiled so how long would I want to stay away from my work? I cannot live in fear forever. I will return soon,” Persaud told Stabroek News, via phone, from Canada yesterday.

“I have told my family that I will return already. This is not my home, Guyana is my home. I am taking up space here. I have a grandson that was born in November but haven’t seen him as yet because I have a cold. Once I have given my final farewells to everyone, I will return,” he added.

Asked for a specific time frame, Persaud said that it will be after the meeting between President David Granger and Opposition Leader Bharrat Jagdeo, which is scheduled for Wednesday, or when a date for General Elections is set. He said that he will gauge the political atmosphere and decide on a date of his return…..

link

goofballs 2019-01-07 22:09:03 

NO CHARRADAS, NO

CORRECT YUHSELF!

DON'T GO EVEN IF THEY PROMISE YOU PROTECTION.

DOG EAT DOG PLACE THAT (not talking about you now).

steveo 2019-01-08 06:59:37 

In reply to goofballs

lol lol