The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: Takeaways from Windies' series win in Dhaka

CaribbeanCricket.com 2018-12-26 16:27:09 

West Indies’ 50-run win over Bangladesh in the 3rd T20I on Saturday to give the visitors a 2-1 series win, meant that the men in maroon ran out winners in a T20I series for the first time since 2017. With the feeling that Windies was able to field a near full-strength XI of their current T20I squad, all things considered (with the controversies), comes the realization that the “future” is nearer to being the “present” than it really is to being in the “future”. Where does this then leave the fans? We could continue the relentless lobby for the inclusion of ‘senior players’, or go, “ha! we don’t need them anymore”. Or, the third option—where we just revel in the fact that, either way, we will become similar to other fan bases; knowing that the nature of the pool of players is such that, regardless, we will have high quality players representing us and just have a bit of a debate amongst ourselves when our favourites are left out of squad selection; all in the hope that we will be winning in the meantime, of course. So, we can rest easy as it seems Windies stills has the blueprint to remain competitive, not based solely on this series win, in the shortest format of the game after all.

Following a 16-ball half-century in the first T20I against Bangladesh, which placed him 3rd in the history books in terms of fastest T20I fifties– many were left wondering if Shai Hope was a “one hit wonder”. However, he also had scores of 88 runs from 45 deliveries, 25 from 16, 43 from 35, 42 from 34 and 34 from 24 that put him on track to 8th place in the CPL18 top-scores list. Along with his performances in this series, if one is an incident, two is coincidence and three is a pattern–then what is eight? Ladies and gentlemen, it is safe to say that Shai Hope is not a fluke.

Full Story

POINT 2018-12-28 19:52:48 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

Continue living in your " FOOLS PARADISE " . Hopefully perhaps One day
YOU and Others who think like You will
face Reality .

It is apparently necessary for me to
state the freaking fact that Our Team
& Bangladesh are at or near the bottom
in the International Cricket Arena , in all Formats of the game .

THINGS ARE REALLY BAD WHEN WE HAVE

TO CROW ABOUT BEATING BANGLADESH IN

A 3 MATCHES SERIES ; IN THE SHORTEST

FORMAT OF THE GAME .

Interestingly , in this Format of the game Our Place won 2 consecutive
World Championships . I get the impression that You are salivating
over the fact that Our Team recently
beat Bangladesh .

BTW THOSE 2 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS THAT

OUR PLAYERS WON , WERE MAINLY DUE TO

THE WORK OF OUR FORMER GREAT PLAYERS

THE INPUT OF THE WICBC WAS MINIMAL .

Now this freaking fact should give You & Others pause , in your euphoria about Our Team beating Bangladesh .

WE HAVE BEEN REDUCED TO BEING

EUPHORIC WHEN WE BEAT BANGLADESH ,

LOOK HOW LOW WE HAVE SUNK , IN THE

INTERNATIONAL CRICKET ARENA .

THE TRUTH IS THAT THE WORST

INTERNATIONAL CRICKET BOARD IN THE

COMMONWEALTH , HAD LITTLE TO DO WITH

THOSE 2 CONSECUTIVE WORLD

CHAMPIONSHIPS .

This aptly demonstrates the Colossal
failure of those in the governance of West Indies Cricket .

dayne 2018-12-28 22:07:11 

In reply to POINT

You are right when you say that it is really bad when the WI is happy about Bangladesh. The standards are being lower

POINT 2018-12-29 22:47:42 

In reply to dayne

The significance of this win means
that the Worst International Cricket
Board in the Commonwealth ; and their
many Charlatans in the Regional Media
no doubt believe that the WICBC can
continue its Destruction of West Indies Cricket .

NEVER MIND THE FACT THAT OUR TEAM &

BANGLADESH ARE ESSENTIALLY CELLAR

DWELLERS IN INTERNATIONAL CRICKET .