The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

2019 JUST ANOTHER DAY

Emir 2018-12-31 22:21:41 

The parties, lights, concerts, speeches all means nothing.

Tomorrow morning the Saudis will still be slaughtering Yeminis.

Afro Americans will still face discrimination in the USA

Poor Hindus will still be persecuted by radicals in Pakistan and "High caste Brahmins" in India

China will still be committing genocide in Xinjiang

The world's working class will still be used a pawns in global economic warfare.

And so on and so on.

Happy New Year.

Khaga 2019-01-01 04:44:01 

In reply to Emir

Not an exhaustive list of exploitation and persecution. Hard to disagree with the ones on your list! No wonder we are experiencing freezing weather in Phoenix metro.. lol

BeatDball 2019-01-01 09:49:12 

Yep. Exactly how I felt & that is why I went to bed the usual time. I have noticed that as I age, I'm becoming a home bound bore...just like how my dad was! But, ah suh it guh. Luckily, aunty is not a walk-about-type! Oh, I was waken up by my 9mo old, 60lb, pitbull puppy, Finn as in ragamuffin, who was whining in the backyard because of the limited fireworks in the neighborhood. Got my belt & whacked his arse, but, he didnt budge; he didnt run...he took it as if to say, 'im staying here at the back porch; you have to let me in...lash mih all you want.' He won!
big grin cool

goofballs 2019-01-01 13:06:33 

In reply to Emir
I couldn't agree more with you! (shoots, I actually said that). razz
I posted this some years ago but is worth looking at.

Why everybody is jumping on the New Year bandwagon? Like dishonest cheaters without any solid grounding, they drop everything old and gold to grab on to the glitter and illusion of the New. No loyalty to the old? All the good stuff the old year gave you? Bram!! Forgotten and gone just like that.
Some fools keep on posting promises that the New Year will be better bringing you happiness and fortune. My big foot!
If you were lousy, pitiful and miserable, the calendar won't change you or your fortunes.

sgtdjones 2019-01-01 13:16:32 

In reply to goofballs

If you were lousy, pitiful and miserable, the calendar won't change you or your fortunes.

razz razz razz