The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Tallawah ultimatum to pull up stumps from JA

Slipfeeler 2019-01-08 19:03:24 

Tallawahs owner Krishna 'Kris' Persaud said he still hopes to keep the franchise based in Jamaica but is prepared to move to another Caribbean territory if a partnership cannot be agreed upon with the Government.

Tallawahs Chief Executive Officer Jeff Miller had previously told The Gleaner that the reason for playing three of its five home games in the Hero Caribbean Premier League (CPL) at the Central Broward Regional Park in Lauderhill, Florida, was that the franchise had not received enough financial backing from the Government.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/sports/20190108/ultimatum-tallawahs-threaten-pull-stumps-unless-government-agrees

Slipfeeler 2019-01-08 19:04:19 

The way the team is playing poorly, they can go!

Drapsey 2019-01-08 21:12:51 

In reply to Slipfeeler

Once moved from the Yard, one would guess the franchise will have to be renamed.

The Lucian Tallawahs just wouldn't sound befitting. wink

natty_forever 2019-01-09 07:59:59 

Then we need to get cracking and form the Jamaica Pirates/Buccaneer.

Emir 2019-01-09 08:07:04 

In reply to Slipfeeler

So this private enterprise company is seeking corporate welfare in the form of "gov't assistance?

It is amusing when corporations apply for state handout and the public stays quiet, but if a poor single mom applies for similar welfare she is called all kinds of names.

Look, I am against all forms of corporate welfare. It seems the CPL model is contingent upon receiving corporate welfare from struggling regional countries and now they are so bold on asking as if it is their right.

Tryangle 2019-01-09 08:28:35 

Which Caribbean territory would be willing and able to finance a relocated CPL team at the moment?

natty_forever 2019-01-09 08:40:07 

In reply to Tryangle… we need people outside a government.

Slipfeeler 2019-01-09 08:41:16 

In reply to Emir

That's it my brother, its not welfare for corporations, similar to the US bank bail out some years ago. I cannot understand why a professional team cannot attract enough private investors and capital, to finance their own business, why government partnership necessary?

Slipfeeler 2019-01-09 08:44:45 

In reply to Drapsey

St Lucia might want a brand name suitable to their own environment and historical experience.

natty_forever 2019-01-09 08:47:28 

In reply to Slipfeeler

I cannot understand why a professional team cannot attract enough private investors and capital, to finance their own business
… incompetence, lack of will and know how!

Judgement 2019-01-09 09:08:43 

In reply to natty_forever

Buddy why do you talk so much shite all the time? Is it because you're from one of the most incompetent countries around? That has to be it. Before you look like a bigger mule than you constantly prove to be, please go and do your research on who owns the Tallawahs. Hilarious to hear an uninformed, common loser talking about "lack of will and know how" rolleyes rolleyes

Drapsey 2019-01-09 09:18:30 

In reply to Slipfeeler

St Lucia might want a brand name suitable to their own environment and historical experience.

1. St Lucia $ammies

2. St Lucia Courtesies

I would prefer #1.

Drapsey 2019-01-09 09:19:46 

In reply to natty_forever

This Judgement guy appears to be Courtesy's older sibling.

Slipfeeler 2019-01-09 11:03:23 

In reply to Drapsey

St Lucian Sammies, is a winner!
big grin big grin big grin big grin

natty_forever 2019-01-09 12:48:05 

In reply to Drapsey… Is him same one, I will therefore ignore that educated fool. Don Quixote have it in for me long time. I obviously struck the battybouy's nerve hence the diatribe.