The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: West Indies Squad for 1st Test of Wisden Trophy Series

CaribbeanCricket.com 2019-01-15 12:02:15 

CWI Media Release:Cricket West Indies (CWI) selection panel today announced the West Indies squad to face England in the first Test match of the much-anticipated Wisden Trophy Series.

The selectors have named an exciting squad balancing players who have performed strongly in recent Tests with players who have been recalled or called up for the first time due to recent performances.

Two uncapped players will be thrilled to join the squad ahead of this great rivalry: John Campbell the 26-year-old left-handed opening batsman and Shamarh Brooks the 30-year-old right-handed middle-order batsman. There are recalls for fast bowler Alzarri Joseph and left-hander Darren Bravo. Fast bowler Oshane Thomas has been named as cover for Joseph, who is making a comeback from injury.

Chairman of Selectors, Courtney Browne said: “After a difficult Test Series in Bangladesh late last year the opportunity presents itself for our team to pick itself up. Although a tough series against England is anticipated, home turf has always been a place where our team has made strides.”

Browne added: “With the return of Darren Bravo, who will add value to a batting department, we expect to see marked improvement. Young, exciting, fast bowler Alzarri Joseph, who was sidelined by injury, returns to the squad and Shamarh Brooks has been elevated for his solid first-class performances over the last three years. John Campbell the incumbent ‘A’ team opener, who has played first class cricket for a number of years will open the batting after a good first-class season in 2018. The panel takes this opportunity to wish captain Jason Holder and his team all the best in the upcoming series.”

CEO Johnny Grave added: “The Wisden Trophy has got incredible history and the West Indies have got a proud record to defend. England have only won one Test Series on West Indies soil in 50 years. We hope that our fans will once again become the team’s twelfth man and rally to create the noise and colour that gives the squad the support they deserve and register a win in what will be a great battle.”

FULL SQUAD

Jason Holder (Captain)

Kraigg Brathwaite

Darren Bravo

Shamarh Brooks

John Campbell

Roston Chase

Shane Dowrich

Shannon Gabriel

Shimron Hetmyer

Shai Hope

Alzarri Joseph

Kemar Roach

Jomel Warrican

NOTE: Oshane Thomas has been called up as cover for Alzarri Joseph

Full Story

analyst-kid 2019-01-15 12:05:50 

Take out Brooks and Warrican and you have your starting eleven at Kensington.

Runs 2019-01-15 12:09:32 

8 Bajans? Guyana continues to dominate the FC tournament yet her players are not selected? Total nonsense and insularity rolleyes

silver 2019-01-15 12:11:26 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

Alzarri need cover already. What was that new benchmark for fitness

TyTy35 2019-01-15 12:14:17 

So no place for the wrist spinner Bishoo? I am excited for John Campbell he should have debuted last season against Bangladesh but I hope the young man grabs this opportunity with both hands.

Larr Pullo 2019-01-15 12:37:07 

Bishoo is injured.

Keemo Paul should have been in this squad. If you pick a player and then immediately have to provide cover for him that tells me his status is uncertain. That said, Paul should be playing ahead of Thomas.

Palmer is the latest "Shiny new thing" in the problematic opening position. Well, good luck to him. Hope he thrives.

NYCGURU 2019-01-15 12:38:50 

In reply to Runs

Remember when Jamaica was dominating a few years back under Lambert, there was noise coming from their Quarters as well. Some were even advocating that Lambert should be the Windies skipper. When the cycle turns and Trinidad dominate, the rumblings will continue if they are not strongly represented. Of course, that is for those who care about such trivial things.

Runs 2019-01-15 12:41:59 

In reply to NYCGURU

So you admitting favoritism and insularity abounds? Best 11 on merit are not chosen? wink

WICFan 2019-01-15 12:43:20 

In reply to Runs

Yeah, total insularity, they should have called up Reifer lol

Larr Pullo 2019-01-15 12:44:34 

In reply to Runs

Can't really argue too much about this team, except that Keemo Paul should be there. Bramble has to score runs at the A team level to sho he's for real to challenge for a place as a batsman, since he really will not supplant Dowrich just yet. Apart from those two I don't see any other Guyana players near to the test team.

NYCGURU 2019-01-15 12:48:04 

In reply to Runs

Its a waste of time to get into selection criteria, and its a thankless job for the selectors to pick a squad when the talent pool is this bare. I find the Brooks pick puzzling at a time when folks were questioning his place in the Barbados team. But, we have seen these types of choices before and will see them again.

goofballs 2019-01-15 12:49:54 

Paul could have kicked butts in the English conditions.
Who cares about raw speed?
Even lampy pampy Ambassador got a 7 fer in England.

Runs 2019-01-15 12:50:47 

In reply to WICFan

true lol D Guyanese dual citizen

VIX 2019-01-15 12:53:19 

Fair squad. Best of the worst

WICFan 2019-01-15 12:55:25 

In reply to goofballs

Pity the series is in the Caribbean then.

goofballs 2019-01-15 13:01:03 

In reply to WICFan

Pity the series is in the Caribbean then.

redface redface shock shock

Ooops! (ignorance nah gat cure).
That's what happens when you have part timers or per diem followers.

Thanks btw! cool

bobby 2019-01-15 13:06:34 

In reply to goofballs
Maybe Little England also has English conditions.

dayne 2019-01-15 13:07:54 

In reply to NYCGURU

Agree that Brooks selection is surprising, I thought that Ambris last two tests performances were okay enough for him to make the final thirteen, they give Hope a lot of time to come good, why not give Ambris some more time?

bobby 2019-01-15 13:16:50 

In reply to dayne

Brooks and a bowler will carry drinks. 6 batsmen plus Keeper plus Captain Holder = 8. So 3 places remain. Will that be 2 quicks and Warrican? Or all quicks and Warrican sits?

Or thinking outside the box both Dowrich and Holder have test hundreds so do we need 6 batsmen? Can we gamble with 5 and Chase sits? No but he is Bajan so has to play in Barbados.

goofballs 2019-01-15 13:16:58 

In reply to bobby

razz

English and pseudo English crowds!

sunfish 2019-01-15 13:19:00 

Shocking! No Bishoo! And no mention of his demise?

openning 2019-01-15 13:27:20 

In reply to NYCGURU
I posted Brooks regional performances over the last 4 years, a few days ago.
He has out performed others consistently over the last 4 years

mikesiva 2019-01-15 13:57:24 

Could this be the XI for the first Test?

1) Kraigg Brathwaite
2) John Campbell
3) Shai Hope
4) Darren Bravo
5) Shimron Hetmyer
6) Roston Chase
7) Shane Dowrich
cool Jason Holder
9) Kemar Roach
10) Jomel Warrican
11) Shannon Gabriel

sunfish 2019-01-15 14:34:49 

In reply to mikesiva

AlJo should play. I would make Chase sit because his returns have been lean of late.

Norm 2019-01-15 15:05:40 

Looks like Keemo should quit first class cricket and concentrate on the other formats.

Another wishy washy team, full of wishy washy Bajan non-performers. Kraigg should have been dropped. Lil B has no place in there either. Good to see they got rid of Kieran but it looks like he and Ambris are the only ones who need to be taught a lesson for not performing well.

Good luck to this lot, so that they could avoid a serious beating.

tc1 2019-01-15 15:30:12 

In reply to Runs

cry baby Alice, those muddie high standard- 1 century Puggie , you remember the last opener with 1 century.

imusic 2019-01-15 15:38:49 

In reply to NYCGURU

I find the Brooks pick puzzling

Promises were made and are being fulfilled......regardless...

Hemraj hard done by IMO.

Should be Campbell and Hemraj opening the batting

VoopsandOut 2019-01-15 15:41:50 

Basically best of what we have but I hope that we go with 5 bowlers including Warrican which would mean that Brooks and either of Chase or Bravo must sit out. we have to bowl out England twice. Chase cannot do that for us. We have to remember how Australia persisted with Lyons and now he is one of the best in the world.

NYCGURU 2019-01-15 16:02:37 

In reply to imusic

Lately paint has been like a walking wicket. But you cant go into a blocking contest without the master blocker. You are luck they did not select young Tage to be his opening partner. Then we would have been tortured by the dot Brothers at their blocking best. lol

Cricket_101 2019-01-15 16:09:07 

What does Guyanese have to do to get a break. This shyte is absurd and demonstrates blatant bias against midland.
shock

imusic 2019-01-15 17:03:23 

In reply to NYCGURU

lol

imusic 2019-01-15 17:16:00 

My take. Both Paul and Hemraj should be in the squad

Darren Bravo is lucky to be in the squad. He hasn’t made any runs of note since his return.

Bishoo SLIGHTLY unlucky to be left out. He hasn’t knocked down the door but he hasn’t done much wrong as the incumbent either. Selectors seem to be enamored with warrican.

openning 2019-01-15 17:27:07 

In reply to imusic

Sometimes we should look at facts, I am not a Warrican or Brooks fan, but I was asked to look at performances in the last 3-4 years.
What I notice Brooks batting was consistent over a 4 years period, and check Warrican against the Lions 31 wickets in three games.
Check it below.
Link Text

StumpCam 2019-01-15 17:41:44 

I have to agree with Norm and imusic regarding Bravo! What the hell has he done to be selected! What a bunch of jokers these selectors are! twisted

imusic 2019-01-15 17:48:01 

In reply to openning

So if you going by A team performance, as you seem to indicate to justify The selection of Brooks and Warrican, why Cornwall hasn’t been selected?

Warrican has done nothing of note in the test arena. brooks has a 33 FC batting average. Why is brooks selected ahead of say Vishaul Singh who has a superior FC batting average?

openning 2019-01-15 17:56:11 

In reply to imusic

I have advocated for the selection of Cornwall for sometime, even posting the comment to a Larr's thread, of a West Indian woman player, saying, he should be selected.

StumpCam 2019-01-15 17:59:29 

Paul should have definitely been in the squad in place of Oshane! Even if they don’t want to play him, it would have been an opportunity to observe players like Anderson, Broad and Stokes with the bowling coaches!

openning 2019-01-15 18:07:03 

In reply to StumpCam

Paul should have definitely been in the squad in place of Oshane!

Looking in from 4000 miles, Thomas was the talk of the town in his last series, and during commentary in the Aussies, India series.

imusic 2019-01-15 18:14:57 

In reply to openning

I have advocated for the selection of Cornwall for sometime, even posting the comment to a Larr's thread, of a West Indian woman player, saying, he should be selected

Doesn’t matter what you or I advocate. It’s the selectors bias at question here

openning 2019-01-15 18:28:23 

In reply to imusic
The selectors, Larr and others are bias.
This guy should have been selected, ahead of Warrican.

clokey 2019-01-15 18:45:12 

How did everyone's 'selection inside word' go? lol

I agree, Bravo hasn't done much to get back in, but boy, am I glad he's back. Let's not forget he averages 40 in test cricket and is the ideal player to come it at #3 in this lineup. Let's hope he stays in this side and goes back to being a 40+ player for many years to come.

How I see the make-up for 1st test:

KB
Campbell
Bravo
Hope
Hetmyer
Chase
Dowrich
Holder
Roach
Warrican
Gabriel

You can probably mix and match Holder/Dowrich and I'm not convinced Campbell will make more than 30 runs in three tests against Anderson/Broad, but I really like this batting unit. I think it is starting to look competitive.

Warrican must be picked as the spinner and he'll obviously work in tandem with Chase and I must admit, although it's hard to go past the Roach/Gabriel/Holder trio, I would have loved to have seen Alzarri or Oshane picked. Their time will come and it can only benefit the team for the experienced guys to have pressure on their positions.

Keemo has a right to feel frustrated but unlike some on this board, I hope he has the maturity to realise that he's young, there are big, big aspects of his game he needs to work on and his time will come.

I'm excited! Happy with selection — let's get after the poms and have a win! big grin

tc1 2019-01-15 19:02:48 

In reply to imusic

Why is brooks selected ahead of say Vishaul Singh who has a superior FC batting average?

can you post Singh superior FC batting avg?

NYCGURU 2019-01-15 19:05:54 

In reply to clokey

Your eleven looks good on paper indeed. We can be sure of one thing from the debutant opener Campbell and that is the fact that while he is at the crease, it will not be dull because he will use the willow with destructive intentions. A perfect foil for paint so to speak. Go windies go.

che 2019-01-15 19:06:56 

In reply to tc1

lol lol lol

imusic 2019-01-15 19:12:36 

In reply to tc1

Vishaul Singh FC batting average is 34.4

Next time.....do yuh own research

Spoilt101 2019-01-15 19:22:33 

I think Brooks and cambell selection is more than justified Powell have not done much since his return and it's time to give someone else a chance Brooks is a gifted talent u19 captain FC debut at 19 he may not have the kind of FC record that we would like to see but he sure have the talent.

openning 2019-01-15 19:29:12 

In reply to Spoilt101
Brooks selection should be base, solely on the last 4 yrs.
The dude could not score a run, before that period.

tc1 2019-01-15 19:49:45 

In reply to imusic

Cricinfo has Singh Avg as 34.15 , the difference is .68 ,

In cricket .68 make one a superior player

Sylobeauty 2019-01-15 19:59:19 

The team is OK but it also shows the selectors are not consistent. First, on what basis was Powell dropped? Though I like Cambell I don't understand the reason for dropping Cambell. Powell failed miserably in India and Bangladesh; but wasn't Brathwaite even worse? For the record here is how both men performed: Against India 1st test: Brathwaite 2&10, Powell 1 & 83. 2nd test: KB 14 &0, KP 22 & 0. In summery KB scored a total of 26 runs in four innings while KP scored 106 in his four innings. Against Bangladesh 1st test. KB 13 & 8= 21 while Powell 14 and 0. 2nd test KB 0 and 1 Powell 4 and 6. In four innings KB scored a total of 22 runs while KP totaled 22. In the four tests KB batted eight innings and totaled 48 runs, while KP totaled 130. So why is Powell dropped while Brathwaite stays? Is it small island verses big island?

Sylobeauty 2019-01-15 20:05:15 

Also, they played Paul and Lewis in India / Bangladesh but both young players were axed, although Thomas was available. My point is, did they not see the potential of Thomas? Now I understand why the Bajan speedstar, Jofra Archer ran to England. It reminds me of a Guyanese young fast bowler by the name of Brandon Bess they picked for one test in 2010 and we never heard of him again.

Slipfeeler 2019-01-15 20:11:26 

In reply to Spoilt101

I have been advocating for this opening pair for over a year, one could paint all day long, the other very aggressive. They both are capable of bowling several spin overs for WI test team. Let hope that they will establish some stability to the top order. Although English conditions are unpredictable.

dayne 2019-01-15 20:13:37 

I am amaze that some people are suggesting that Chase should be dropped, he is one of the few Test class batsmen on the team

Philjam 2019-01-15 20:21:48 

In reply to Sylobeauty

I did mention some time ago that when the players have some bad performances, they must be replaced so that the security of a game next test is not a sure thing..if in most test countries recently, Braithwaite will have wait out the next game....man you are f...y right.

mkcharles 2019-01-15 20:47:11 

In reply to dayne

Bhoy...the lunacy in these chats.

Justice for Guyanese:

Hetty... headliner and justifiable pick;
bishoo...should he really be aggrieved or should it be Cornwall?
Hemraj ... 1 FC ton, surely he hasn’t arrived yet;
Tage ... 2 FC Ton, his time will come;
León...best Capoo but no runs; must look in the mirror;
Reifer...could and should figure but then again he is “Bajan”
Vishaul...good FC player but other than Brooks who does he outperform at FC;
Bramble... two big hundreds, finally; does this earn him a spot?
Rutherford...talented, but...
Shepherd....talented, but...
Kemoo...does he play for AlJo or is it Roach?
Permaul...no love for Warrican who has a better FC record
Pestano...promise, but...
Motie...not picked by his own selectors
Fudadin...disowned by his own?

ThisIsMyName 2019-01-15 21:30:03 

In reply to mkcharles

Well, those Guyanese beat basically the core of that Windies squad just a week or two ago. Scored 500+ against them! Jomel Warrican went for 120+ runs for 1 wicket! At the same venue where they’re going to be playing the first test. If Guyana can do that, what will England do? I don’t like being pessimistic and wish them the best, but the Guyanese players have been hard done by. Especially Paul.

runout 2019-01-15 21:32:44 

In reply to ThisIsMyName

Noooo. This-is -my-name-dass say noooooooo!!!

lol lol lol

Norm 2019-01-15 21:45:55 

In reply to mkcharles

Can we get your take on the merits of the Bajan players now?

No wonder Guyana continues to win the regional first class tournament year after year. Their quality players (nearly the whole team) can get no further than serving Guyana. They play together as a team in which they can depend on each other, and one that has pride in its winning record.

Bajans always believed they were better than their Caribbean brothers, regardless of the evidence - such as the regional first class tournament.

Anyway, the licks to come will be all Bajan too. So, enjoy! We will be checking in once in a while to see how allyuh doing.

tc1 2019-01-15 21:56:55 

In reply to Norm

do you recall the bajan teams that won 5 straight championship, how many made the team.
let seriously look at the Guyanese players
Paul or Holder
Hemraj or KB
Bramble or Shane
Shiv Jr play him base on is daddy's record
Hety - best since Lara
Johnson or Chase
Bishoo hurt
Permaul or Warrican
Rutherford
Shepherd or Roach

Dukes 2019-01-15 22:38:05 

In reply to mkcharles

I am an avid Keemo Paul fan and I can understand the frustration of some of my countrymen in his non-selection.He has very impressive first class stats.He is still only 20 years old and has 67 wickets at 17.70 apiece in 17 matches.

Oshane Thomas on the other hand has 17 first class wickets at 34.76 apiece in his 8 first class matches and is selected ahead of him.His best figures in first class cricket is 3-66.He has also shown a remarkable drop in pace in his second and third spells, yet he is cover for AlJo who is coming back from injury.Now you pick a man and also pick somebody as cover for him would suggest to me that AlJo should not have been picked in the first place.

I am concerned with the fitness of all the WI fast bowlers and I would not be surprised if we see at least one of them break down in this test and if that happens I will be back on here with the usual I TOLD YOU SO.

I think Bishoo is injured so I was not expecting him to be named in the squad.

Bravo's selection is based on hope that he could suddenly be the same player he was 4 years ago. Life really does not usually work like that.

Only idiots would drop Chase ,and Campbell's case is stronger than Hemraj.

Neither Brooks nor Vishaul Singh will ever do well in test cricket so an argument about these two is pointless.

Leon Johnson's name was put forward as a joke to highlight what is perceived to be poor captaincy by Jason.It was more tongue in cheek rather than a serious proposition, rather like Carew to replace Sobers as WI captain.

Spoilt101 2019-01-16 00:06:54 

In reply to Sylobeauty

The reason why Powell get drop and brathwaite didn't is because brathwaite record is for superior to Powell.

Spoilt101 2019-01-16 00:16:04 

In reply to Dukes

Thomas and Paul are not in the same category Paul is an alrounder thomas is a fast bowler.

clokey 2019-01-16 18:40:48 

The perceived 'biased' selection is echoed throughout the cricketing world.

There was a time when the Australian test squad was just filled with NSW players. It was often said that once you got your NSW cap, national selectors would give you your baggy green in a brown paper bag along with it.

Despite no Victorians in the test side (apart from Shane Warne), Victoria had an incredible run in the Australian domestic circuit for many, many years.

No one could work out why Victoria won every year, but no Victorian could ever get a look-in to the national side.

The reality is, when players are able to play more together, they gel as a team. They can focus on one task. They have consistency in their environment and that breeds positive results.

I see the same thing happen all the time in Windies regional comp. Hell yeah, it looks like Bajans are favoured, but I think it is justified to a large extent.

Let's look at them individually:

- Jason Holder is the #2 All-Rounder in all of test cricket. Enough said.

- Since making his debut century against Zimbabwe, Shane Dowrich averages 35 with the bat and is more than competent with the gloves. Who is making the runs to displace him?

- Are we ditching Kemar Roach's experience, guile, ability to move the ball and stubbornness with the bat? Let's be real.

- Shai Hope is arguably the most talented batsmen in the entire caribbean. Lean recent returns in test cricket, but brilliant form in the short form and has form against England. Must be endured with and supported.

- KB hasnt scored more than 20 in his last 9 innings, but there's no better opener in the caribbean. Form against England.

- Is there anyone else that can force Roston Chase out of this team, averaging 35+ with the bat, providing a decent second spin option?

There's just no actual reality behind crying and screaming 'BAJAN BIAS' every time the Windies select a team. If there were guys good enough to replace these guys, they'd be there, because it's not like we're winning games for fun!

Drapsey 2019-01-16 19:37:24 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

Only eight Bajans?

Disappointing.

imusic 2019-01-16 19:44:25 

In reply to Drapsey

Only eight Bajans?

Recession

imusic 2019-01-16 19:46:26 

In reply to clokey

Interesting how you offer zero defence of Warrican’s selection

Maybe you don’t consider him to be a real Bajan.

Or perhaps you simply ran out of gas

mkcharles 2019-01-16 19:48:40 

In reply to Dukes

For the record I like my Guyanese and in fact spent most of yesterday in good banter with one watching the Warm Up at the 3 W's Oval.

If the likes of Keemo, Rutherford, Tage and Shepherd continue to improve and put up the numbers then they are most welcome to replace any underperforming bajan.

The Regional FC performances of Hope, Brathwaite, Chase say that these guys are consistently the best bats in the region. If they cannot consistently do the business at the highest level then someone else will just have to get a turn. Kraigg does not get a continous late slip for me. Eventually he has to go to the principal's office.

As for the squad, Cornwall for Brooks with Kemoo as cover instead of Thomas.

mkcharles 2019-01-16 19:57:34 

In reply to imusic

232 @ 20 in FC and 21 @ 38 in 7 tests for Warrican.

The thing is apart from Killer Miller and Permaul, who else put up these numbers in FC?

Bajan or Vincie why do people feel that he should not be in the mix?

imusic 2019-01-16 20:13:31 

In reply to mkcharles

The thing is apart from Killer Miller and Permaul, who else put up these numbers in FC?

381 @ 28.6?
255 @ 23.0?

Dem nuh cut it?

Besides, what wrong with Miller or Permaul? They clearly have superior stats to a Warrican. “Why do you feel they should not be in the mix?”

clokey 2019-01-16 20:48:47 

In reply to imusic

You could argue his selection is controversial...

Or, you could look at his most recent numbers on the regional tour, his numbers against the touring Lions last year, the fact he is 10 years younger than Miller, seemingly has some talent to work with and see the reality of the situation.

Or, stick to your conspiracy theories, whatever man.

Sylobeauty 2019-01-16 21:07:11 

I have no problems whatsoever with the selection of John Cambell. However, if the selectors knew they were going to pick him ahead of Powell then why play him in a trial match against the same English bowlers? The poor feller under pressure could only face 7 balls before he got run out. Honestly speaking I feel Powell would have been a better option to face Anderson and the powerful bowling attack of England. It will be very difficult tor Cambell with these world class bowlers. I even feel Ambris as the opener would be a better option at this time. So if Cambell fails are they going to drop him? They should have given the young man a little primeup by touring with him, so he could face international bowlers

Seechy 2019-01-17 05:55:40 

In reply to clokey

Chase is averaging 32 in Test cricket, WTF??

The only player in that squad averaging 36 or above in Tests is Bravo.

mkcharles 2019-01-17 07:00:49 

In reply to imusic

I AM saying that Miller and Permaul has comparable stats and SHOULD and COULD qualify. However, Warrican is not the problem because Shillingford and Bishoo to name two have been the recent vintage that has supplanted especially Miller for no good reason.

To single out Warrican now that it's his turn is just plain wrong because he DOES stack up statistically. It has nothing to do with whether or not we rate Warrican or where he born. I for one like Cornwall notwithstanding his supposed issues because his inclusion would bring balance to the team dynamics. I couldn't care less what his passport says. What the heck has Bishoo done to qualify before any of those three? Because it cool to say we have a leggie? I played cricket in the era of Dhanraj and though he would be the one to make the break through and all now we still waiting.

This bajan thing is overcooked. If they are not performing at the highest level and someone else needs to get a hit then I have no problem; No problem if you tell Shai or Kraigg or Chase to take guard again and go back to FC and get some runs. However to suggest that they get outperformed at FC and that they are others who put up better numbers is plain ludicrous.

Outside of the most recent squad picked they are very few others that we could even think could be bona fide international quality performers; maybe Miller, Permaul, K. Paul, V. Singh, Cornwall, Carty, Blackwood or what about O. Thomas, Athanaze, K. Hodge or one of the young pacers with some gas. At the end of the day is six a one, half a dozen of the next and most time its nothing more than a hunch since there is nothing by way of performance to go by.

netgrouchy 2019-01-18 11:25:48 

Is this the WEST INDIES Test side representing the WEST INDIES against England?
Wow!! I skimmed thru the first few posts but have only just looked at the listing!
Best of luck to them!!!

FULL SQUAD COUNTRY
Alzarri Joseph ANT
Jason Holder (Captain) BAR
Kraigg Brathwaite BAR
Shamarh Brooks BAR
Roston Chase BAR
Shai Hope BAR
Kemar Roach BAR
Shane Dowrich BAR
Shimron Hetmyer GUY
John Campbell JAM
Oshane Thomas JAM
Jomel Warrican ST.VINCENT
Darren Bravo TRINI
Shannon Gabriel TRINI

smile smile smile

Priapus 2019-01-18 11:58:50 

In reply to Sylobeauty

Is it small island verses big(er) island?

Fixed it for you. No one would ever refer to Bimshire as a big island.

It reminds me of a Guyanese young fast bowler by the name of Brandon Bess they picked for one test in 2010 and we never heard of him again

I'm subject to correction but i think Bess only played because there was a last-minute withdrawal from one of the incumbents and with the match being played in Bimshire, Bess was called up from the HPC as a replacement.
Having said that he should have gotten Kallis out LBW but the umpire's not out decision was not reviewed.