The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Powell deserved to be dropped!

voiceofreason 2019-01-16 12:27:12 

For his own good as he never earned his re-selection to the team after his 2 year hiatus and he has done little to justify his unmeritorious pick. He came back to regionals and could not score a run and then was selected for the A Team.

Mr-Anguilla 2019-01-16 12:57:37 

In reply to voiceofreason

Indeed!

Higher stands.

jballer84 2019-01-16 13:49:09 

Powell deserved to be dropped, but he did score three hundreds in the nagico one day tournament. He earned his selection at least in that format and we all know he's talented enough for test cricket. His problem is the mental approach as he's one of the best looking batsmen if not thew best when on the go. Beautiful player that powell

natty_forever 2019-01-16 14:29:30 

In reply to jballer84… mentally weak?

Toney 2019-01-16 15:05:19 

[b]In reply to voiceofreason[/

Powell deserved to be dropped, but he did score three hundreds in the nagico one day tournament. He earned his selection at least in that format and we all know he's talented enough for test cricket. His problem is the mental approach as he's one of the best looking batsmen if not thew best when on the go. Beautiful player that powell

You must either experiencing an Epithany feeling or your short term memory is failing.

I wich our resident Archivist,Courtesy, was still posting so I could ask him to retrieve some of your post in which you vehemently supported the recall of Powell.

Epiphany rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

Hanover 2019-01-16 16:06:10 

In reply to Toney

I am not ready to jump on the K Powell ....
Toney 2/4/17 9:31:06 PM
bandwagon until he shows me that he can make runs against two half decent attacks of the Yardies and Barbados.

So far, Powell's 3 centuries have come against pyah Pyah bowling that would struggle to get "Boycott's Grandmuda" out, much less club-class batsmen of most cricketing nations.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WestDem 2/4/17 9:37:03 PM
Shameful Fcuking people allyuh are! Apart from KP, KB and de Tiger, who you think are the batsmen that standing out?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Narper 2/4/17 9:51:44 PM

In reply to Toney

Whoose bandwagon are you going to jump on?....Chandrika, Hetmyer, Shai Hope, John Campbell, Devon Smith, Johnson Charles,Theophile..???

For me...anybody who mekkin runs consistently...and getting wickets consistently...I am on their wagon...regardless who dem playing

If yuh can't mek runs against "pyah pyah ' bowling how yuh go expect to mek against top class bowling

This doesn't mean...these guys going to world beaters in their next international match.

Powell is 26 years old with 3 test tons....potential to be good enough at the highest level

Judgement 2/4/17 9:51:45 PM
In reply to WestDem Exactly. I mean its not like Powell hasn't performed at international level already and broken records right? Lol. Just like Brathwaite's century against ICC Americas means nothing right? I mean its not like both players and Shiv haven't been international stars already right? Lol.

Those so-called half decent Barbados and Jamaica players haven't even scored anywhere close to Powell, Brathwaite and Tiger against that "pyah pyah" bowling so what in the name does that say about these so-called "half decent" teams LOL! People just want any excuse to be bad mind.

timeless99 2/5/17 5:10:48 AM
This 50 overs competition has been very disappointed if you ask your self who is the top 5 batsman expected to score runs both brawaith and Powell would be there nd shiv. Kb at the top of the odi line up is a defensive move if he can't score at a decent clip against those bowlers good luck against the likes of stokes and Jordan. Powell is a class batsman but he has not really been tested it a slow pitch I will like to see him on a pitch with a bit of pace and bounce facing 90mph am not saying he would failcz he is class but it would show if he is ready for intl cricket once more

mikesiva 2/5/17 6:40:48 AM
In reply to Toney

Powell has made runs in the regional super 50 so IMHO he deserves a recall to the odi side.

However his performance in the PCL is mediocre at best. At the halfway stage of the PCL, he averages 33. He needs to score more runs in the second half of the PCL in order to merit a recall ahead of Anthony Alleyne, for example.

Courtesy 2/5/17 8:02:31 AM
Messieurs, messiers, Please ease up on Toney. I have a feeling that he forgot that Powell has international experience.

And I am hopeful that he will post just that, sooner rather than later. Let's not beat up on Toney just yet.

WestDem, you bully.

Runs 2/5/17 8:09:48 AM
KP KG and SC in my one day WI squad

Emir 2/5/17 10:02:22 AM
In reply to Toney

I believe he has done enough as a batter to warrant a recall, I do however want to see him make runs against Bim and Jam. Against Trinidad C team, he was outfoxed.

But that aside, what bothers me about him, is not his batting credentials. It is his attitude. I remain shocked at his lack of humbleness and recently his personal comments about his religious belief- this should be private and it should have no place in the WI team.

He has yet to smile since his recall, it is like he is against the world, this could not be good for any team he is playing.

I want to see him back in WI colors, he has a lot to offer, he is talented, young and has ability.

But, but, someone needs to have a very serious chat with him, about his attitude about diversity in the WI about learning to be humble and sportsmanlike.

Gun_Play 2/5/17 10:13:52 AM
In reply to Emir

I think you're reading too much into his comments.

When he said the trinis didn't beat them they lost the game he just meant there was no way his team should have lost from that position.

In my opinion, that comment was in no way meant to undermine the trini performance.

Why do you want to see him smiling?

Emir 2/5/17 11:11:13 AM
In reply to Gun_Play
I think you're reading too much into his comments.

You have to judge folks by their words- how will he interact with those Trinis who make the WI team?
Why do you want to see him smiling?

It will show he is mentally prepared to return to WI colors- his demeanor is one of him against the world. This is worrisome.

He has got to relax, be cool, calm and collected

You also ignore his recent marker- his deep expression of his religious belief- when a person make those comments outside of his private life, it is a battle mark.

He is entitled to his belief, but it must be private, it has no place in the office and for him make that comment while representing the LI is not appropriate. How will he get along with players in the WI team who don't share his ideology?

I am telling you, his issue is not cricket- he has talent, he is batting well, making runs.

I am worried about his attitude and his ability to get along in a team environment.

cricketfreak 2/5/17 1:07:08 PM
In reply to Toney
So let me ask you something , the other players are not they facing the same kind of bowling ? so why not they score runs against them like Powell ? if you do not have anything good to say please shut up .

XDFIX 2/5/17 1:24:36 PM
In reply to cricketfreak

I am no spokesperson for Toney, but all the man is saying he would like to see Powell against the best attack!

I find the observation and the call reasonable and a point I already spouted here.

Let's see how well the little upstart Pre-Madonna does, a reasonable ask to be honest!

voiceofreason 2019-01-16 16:13:29 

In reply to Toney

Hello Toney. Please provide evidence of me stating that Powell deserved a recall. I await your response to this matter.

voiceofreason 2019-01-16 16:26:09 

In reply to jballer84

Agreed that Powell is a great talent and pretty to watch. I am one of his biggest fans so you are preaching to the choir. The fact is he was not mentally ready for his recall to Test cricket after two years playing baseball and XBOX. He clearly did enough to warrant a call in ODIS but definitely not Test CRICKET. Dastardly Dave set him up and said that he was on their radar as a potential captain, then he was selected for the A Team without earning his call up and that made him feel entitled.

There is no opening batsman in the Caribbean with his talent.

voiceofreason 2019-01-16 16:27:12 

In reply to Hanover

Hey Hanover. Please look up VOR's responses in similar discussions.

NYCGURU 2019-01-16 16:28:02 

I distinctly recall you saying that you did not think he had done enough to warrant a recall. I was a bit surprised considering you are for the most part a staunch supporter of most players from the Islands.

voiceofreason 2019-01-16 16:44:14 

In reply to NYCGURU

I recall having a long back and forth discussion with that wasteman Judgement on the same matter.

Banner 2019-01-16 17:38:48 

Talent yes, brain no. Unfortunately you need to have both to make it in professional sport.
Powell like many West Indian cricketers have failed because of this very reason. It’s really that simple.

jballer84 2019-01-16 21:26:51 

In reply to Banner

Strange u should say that. This is one of the most intelligent players in the region. Very smart chap and articulate. His cricket IQ is suspect and his concentration is lacking

Judgement 2019-01-17 07:11:58 

In reply to jballer84

This is one of the most intelligent players in the region. Very smart chap and articulate. His cricket IQ is suspect and his concentration is lacking

Best comment here. It is a well known secret that Powell is one of the most intelligent young West Indian cricketers and has built up an impressive portfolio in business, real estate and technology outside of cricket too, from what i hear. You cannot compare Powell's class on and off the field to half of the dummies in the current team. He was recently described as one of the best strategic captains in the region by CWI Board members.

Powell was in the original squad for the England tour, as was Jimbo and Keacy Carty - then Pybus came along. Now we have no Keemo, Powell, Bishoo etc in the team - and by the way Bishoo is NOT INJURED rolleyes rolleyes he's been dropped.

Powell made scores in the 80s and 90s against India, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe in the past 15 months. If those had been converted to three centuries, Pybus would not have stood a chance.

That piece of shit fake supporter Voice of An Asshole can say what he wants but Powell is Dirty Dave's golden boy and will be back as soon as Pybus done (which won't be long).

natty_forever 2019-01-17 08:01:30 

He was recently described as one of the best strategic captains in the region and that was by CWI Board members.
this from Educated Fools, go figure. lol lol lol

Judgement 2019-01-17 08:04:49 

In reply to natty_forever

Better than an uneducated fool like you eh Panty big grin big grin big grin

Oh and speaking of uneducated, where is Leewards and where is Jamaica on the Tournament Table right now? I'll wait big grin

natty_forever 2019-01-17 08:06:27 

In reply to Judgement… not quite, as Trump falls in your category. The race is not for the swift ..

Judgement 2019-01-17 08:08:26 

Ahhh! Thank you, as always, for proving my point about you lol lol lol

That's one helluva race but i'll patiently wait for you to catch up smile smile

natty_forever 2019-01-17 08:09:26 

In reply to Judgement… the feelings are mutual. Fought any Windmills lately.

Judgement 2019-01-17 08:14:26 

Hey Panty, you remember the Jamaican folk from the ghetto who laugh at everybody else? I'll wait for the penny to drop but it'll be a long wait, i know lol lol

Awwww my condolences Panty, bottom of the Table yet brainless enough to keep talking. Talk shit, play shit, shit is the common denominator with you lot, isn't it? big grin big grin big grin

natty_forever 2019-01-17 08:31:24 

In reply to Judgement… being the most Educated Shyt here you should know! Cheers!

Judgement 2019-01-17 08:37:31 

Awww! Now that was a really valiant attempt Panty, well done on trying to sound just a tiny, tiny bit educated, i know its a once in a really blue moon thing with you, but good try! Now where are you lot on the Tournament Table again, Panty?

Banner 2019-01-17 09:42:15 

Powell is a shitehound at test level. Just like Devon Smith. Both have similar shit records.

voiceofreason 2019-01-17 09:43:58 

In reply to Judgement

Powell made scores in the 80s and 90s against India, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe in the past 15 months. If those had been converted to three centuries, Pybus would not have stood a chance.

Yet he averaged 20 plus. You are doing Powell no favors by supporting his mediocrity. If he is such a successful business man then he would not be promoting mediocrity with his cricket!

Just saying.

natty_forever 2019-01-17 09:51:55 

In reply to Judgement… that coming from shytment, pity a caan say the same for you. Anyways, you did at least once make a sound contribution, your spotting of SHope! Which says you have a bit of cricket knowledge, but get caught up in your chasing of windmills.

Spoilt101 2019-01-17 10:25:52 

Lots of disrespect in this forum should be about cricket as a region identifying the best talent and advocating for them to be selected don't matter where they are from to represent west Indies for the good of the Caribbean.

Judgement 2019-01-17 11:44:53 

You that runs a teeny, weeny shop on a tiny island in the middle of nowhere sits here talking about mediocrity? You are hilarious. And then you have the audacity to tell other people how to play international cricket after amounting to what in your life, exactly? A complete nobody telling a somebody how things are done on and off the field, how utterly amusing. That is why you run a shop in the middle of the facking ocean and run the risk of getting wash away with every damn hurricane that hits assholes like you. One day it will happen too - karma is a wonderful thing...about you are a Powell fan evil evil

Let Powell take advice from a loser whose only achievement in life is running a tiny shop in the middle of a 10-man island. You are just a snake in the grass and Powell sure as hell has real fans supporting him out there, not wash-away-in-Hurricane type losers like you.

Judgement 2019-01-17 11:46:14 

Snore. Your lack of education and lack of basic intelligence has made me so bored even dealing with you. Contribute intelligently or go and help your loser team from the murder capital of the world, win something.

Your eagerness to disrespect Powell at any given opportunity says more about your lack of character than about Powell stats. This is further exacerbated by the fact that you lack basic logic and education and can barely string anything legible in a single sentence, yet you are here trying to tell people at the highest level about their game rolleyes

Its like them Jamaican ghetto people that laugh at everyone else - are you catching on yet?

natty_forever 2019-01-17 12:06:52 

In reply to Judgement

Your eagerness to disrespect Powell at any given opportunity says more about your lack of character than about Powell stats.
… pot a call kettle black. And kindly point me to where I disrespected Powell, if asking if he is mentally weak is then so be it. however, any insult you found towards Powell was in fact directed at you!

And your insecurities are there for all to see, not suh sure you intelligent, dont?

natty_forever 2019-01-17 12:11:21 

In reply to Spoilt101… VOR is from where Powell is from, you realize?

Judgement 2019-01-17 12:13:22 

Wow! Brainless AND a big, stinkin liar. You are on every Powell post goading and saying the worst things about this player. Who the hell are you to talk about CERTAIN players in this manner constantly? What have YOU achieved in life, never mind in cricket, to warrant your false expertise? Mind your team's shit ranking instead of stalking Powell every minute. That quite clearly shows it is you that's insecure because why would a man / woman / beast feel the need to constantly disrespect a particular player like the man did you something? And ummm unlike you, i already know what's on the horizon so, oh well, you best try again!

I don't ever expect integrity in posts from your sort. The easiest solution is that you stop breathing for everyone's sake.

Judgement 2019-01-17 12:14:06 

VOR is from where Powell is from, you realize?

Lmao. You just proved my point YET AGAIN rolleyes rolleyes

natty_forever 2019-01-17 12:28:59 

In reply to Judgement...JUDGEMENTGYAL. find someone else to trace, lata for you!

You are on every Powell post goading and saying the worst things about this player.
… never realize a yuh man, sorry!

natty_forever 2019-01-17 12:33:08 

In reply to Toney

I wich our resident Archivist,Courtesy, was still posting
… he is as the GYAL Judgement.

voiceofreason 2019-01-17 14:24:43 

Gone cheaply again.

natty_forever 2019-01-17 14:56:42 

In reply to voiceofreason… Judgementgyal soon come tell you off. Speaking ill of the man.

Hanover 2019-01-17 20:04:40 

Hey Hanover. Please look up VOR's responses in similar discussions.

Nothing, so far.

voiceofreason 2019-01-17 20:32:52 

In reply to Hanover

You won't find anything because there is nothing to find.

voiceofreason 2019-01-17 20:40:19 

In reply to Judgement

Poor you. Got personal fast ent? Lol. Calm down...Don't burst a blood vessel. What is hilarious is watching you get so personal with people whom you don't even know and over Kieran Powell. Just exposing your dutty side for all to see.

Now that is hilarious!

natty_forever 2019-01-18 07:52:20 

In reply to voiceofreason… you see it. To attack one of us I cud see with, but both of us, who rarely ever agrees, says a lot.