The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Find this snake eater, Rambharat orders

sgtdjones 2019-02-19 15:11:12 

Find this snake eater, Rambharat orders

Minister of Agriculture, Lands and Fisheries, Clarence Rambharat, wants the identity of a man seen in a video posted to social media chopping a protected anaconda.

In a Facebook post, Rambharat said he has instructed authorities to pursue the matter.

The video which has since been removed from social media shows the man preparing the reptile to “make a cook” in the forest.

Rambharat said, “When I saw the video this morning of the barebacked guy removing the anaconda from the fish pot and hacking it to death, to make a cook, I knew the video would be removed. Before it was removed it was determined where it was possibly taken and who the man involved could be. The Chief Game Warden was instructed to pursue this matter relentlessly with our Game Wardens and the Sangre Grande and Biche police and lay charges under the Conservation of Wild Life Act.”

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-02-20 14:32:53 

Man who ate anaconda under probe

“The Chief Game War­den was in­struct­ed to pur­sue this mat­ter re­lent­less­ly with our game war­dens and the San­gre Grande and Biche po­lice, and lay charges un­der the Con­ser­va­tion of Wild Life Act,” Ramb­harat said in a Face­book post yes­ter­day.

A source said the man was filmed in Biche and the in­ci­dent oc­curred ear­li­er this month.

Ramb­harat al­so had a mes­sage for the or­gan­is­ers of the Wild Meat Cool Down on Ba­lan­dra Bay ad­ver­tised to take place on Ash Wednes­day.

He said he ex­pect­ed that the event would in­volve the pos­ses­sion, sale or serv­ing of wild meat caught with­in State lands with a per­mit or on pri­vate land dur­ing the pe­ri­od where hunt­ing is per­mit­ted.

“That is up to the last day of Feb­ru­ary. If not, it’s a fine of $10,000 per per­son, per pro­tect­ed an­i­mal or part there­of.”

The open sea­son for hunt­ing be­gan on Oc­to­ber 1, 2018, and ends on Feb­ru­ary 28.

Link Text