The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: Windies 45 all-out gives England T20I series win

CaribbeanCricket.com 2019-03-09 03:56:16 

Windies collapsed to 45 all out in the second T20I in St Kitts, the second lowest total in the format, to hand England their biggest T20I win by 137 runs and resultantly the series with an unassailable 2-0 lead. At the back of England's win were major contributions from Sam Billings, who scored 87 off 47 balls, and Chris Jordan, who stood out with figures of 2-0-6-4.

Chasing 183, Windies were stuttered by David Willey's double strike very early on, when Chris Gayle and Shai Hope fell in a space of three balls in the same over. That followed another two-wicket over, when Jordan accounted for Darren Bravo and Jason Holder, the captain, off consecutive deliveries to leave the Windies reeling at 14 for 4 inside four overs.

Jordan, picked two more wickets in his next over, sending Nicholas Pooran and Fabian Allen back to the pavilion this time. It meant that the bowler, largely ignored from England's ODI set-up, had picked four wickets in a space of eight balls, now having timed two back-to-back Twenty20 performances before the ODI World Cup.

read more at cricbuzz

Full Story

NineMiles 2019-03-09 04:37:25 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

That was a humiliation.

Walco 2019-03-09 05:41:15 

In reply to NineMiles

What was it BCL said again? Something about moderate success and devastating failures?

Khaga 2019-03-09 09:43:47 

In reply to Walco

You are trying hard to make Pybus look bad. WI won the test series. Who the fork does care about a bilateral 20/20 series?

tops 2019-03-09 12:28:39 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com
lol Cappo Holder, if this pitch is a belter, I wouldn't like to C a bowler friendly one...The score would a be 4 or 5 instead of 45... big grin big grin
Anyway, don't let this take away from the fact of winning the test series and drawing the ODI...