The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Time to give up on West Indies cricket.

Courtesy 2019-03-09 10:30:27 

I have invested all in a futile effort. I am left bankrupt to bare gums like our toothless harridan. My only reward is to ridicule management and back individual players. This is not worth the fight anymore.

big grin

Courtesy 2019-03-09 10:32:05 

OK. OK. I hear you. This did not start now.

sudden 2019-03-09 10:33:59 

In reply to Courtesy

no yet...wait until the Tits tek over. that should be fun big grin

Courtesy 2019-03-09 10:36:36 

In reply to sudden
That will also be futile...will never happen. The tits have been on a downward spiral since the days of "going it alone." Tits are now wrinkled (washed up) and have lost their shine. They are like this MB's toothless harridan draped in black...useless.
big grin

sudden 2019-03-09 10:40:28 

In reply to Courtesy

how about Ja? big grin

Courtesy 2019-03-09 10:42:47 

In reply to sudden

Ja...the great pretenders. Pretending now to be straddling the fence when we all know and they know, they will be knifed to death if they do not support their countryman Dave. HYPOCRITES. How strident they were in their voices to remove H&H and now hardly a pipsqueak. HYPOCRITES.

big grin

sgtdjones 2019-03-09 10:56:06 

In reply to Courtesy

Since Dinas helped Bassarat in getting rid of Murray
we have regressed. A few years ago Cricket looked at us
producing exciting T20 players.

The T&TCB has lost that magical formula based on corruption.
The few players we produce today are no longer in demand.

sigh.

Courtesy 2019-03-09 10:59:51 

In reply to sgtdjones

All hope is lost mate. The moral disgust for those who collaborated to kill West Indies cricket should never end.

Some sought to dance but are now singing a requiem with clenched Chrissline teeth.

bobby 2019-03-09 11:01:09 

In reply to Courtesy
I have felt this way for about 15 years now. And it will not change. Just look at the Regional 4 Day tournament which usually lasts 2 and a half days. In the current Guyana vs Trinidad game, 14 wickets fell on day one.
And only 2 old men and a dog in the Caribbean care. Others who give a damn are the old Ex Pat West Indians who live with their memories and Crooked Dave and his Windies Board who continue to pick the bones off what ever finances are left.

Courtesy 2019-03-09 11:04:02 

In reply to bobby

And yet the morticians continue to vote for Cameron for what he has done and what he has failed to do to regional cricket. HYPOCRITES.

sudden 2019-03-09 11:13:53 

In reply to Courtesy

yeah Dave is Devious but he has this locked up. Skerritt is losing an unwinnable battle. it is what it is

Courtesy 2019-03-09 11:16:07 

In reply to sudden

yeah Dave is Devious but he has this locked up. Skerritt is losing an unwinnable battle. it is what it is

Yep. But the CWI queen bee would have been sterile without facilitators.
big grin

sudden 2019-03-09 11:18:30 

In reply to Courtesy

of course we know that. Dave has been salting the mines for years now. v effective politician i will give him that big grin

Courtesy 2019-03-09 11:21:52 

In reply to sudden

Yep. Dave has succeeded in conderizing the BCA and it has since become a shadow of itself. Bajans now recite "blessed is he who comes in the name of CWI." And I suppose, if you want a taste of the honey you must sleep with the CWI queen bee.

big grin

sudden 2019-03-09 11:27:14 

In reply to Courtesy

you sometimes have to wonder who is leading whom? Dave realised early from where his main opposition would come and set about to neutralise it but...

Courtesy 2019-03-09 11:30:25 

In reply to sudden

you sometimes have to wonder who is leading whom? Dave realised early from where his main opposition would come and set about to neutralise it but...

...is it in the overall interest of West Indies cricket? The debauchery continues while the minority in CWI are happy to eat a food. C'est la vie.

Drapsey 2019-03-09 11:32:58 

In reply to Courtesy

Alternatives, Courtesy. Alternatives.

Skerritt effectively dotted his own path, one which is not the least flattering, and is thereby not a strong enough candidate to displace the Big IDIOT.

By the way, seen that you have such great credentials, why don't you vie for the top WICB (or CWI, or whatever it's now called) post?

Don't tell me you're scared because of the recent history of St Lucians heading/leading that organization.

Courtesy 2019-03-09 11:35:52 

In reply to Drapsey
Mate don't fool yourself. God could throw himself in the ring and the latticework in CWI would keep him out.

I say, it's time for an interim mgt board which would help prepare for a new construct and fair elections.

Dave continues to play deaf and ignore the clarion call for a change in direction of our cricket.

Drapsey 2019-03-09 11:40:01 

In reply to Courtesy

So, just about everyone is afraid to take on the Big IDIOT.

Now, I might have to change my tune and commend Skerritt even if it's just for his bravery.

Courtesy 2019-03-09 11:43:34 

In reply to Drapsey
Mate, the reality is, the CWI bunker is well guarded by persons who protect the honeycomb jealously to furnish their own selfish ends. It has absolutely nothing to do with advancing the cause of West Indies cricket. The Indian tour debacle on its own, should disqualify the current occupants.

The kamikaze attempted by skerritt is commendable and should be applauded.

sudden 2019-03-09 12:05:48 

In reply to Courtesy

Skerritt has an outside chance if he can get Guyana, Leewards, TT and split Bim.

it is a v slight chance mind you

Courtesy 2019-03-09 12:06:35 

This place is such a den...that two directors who pledged their votes to Julian Hunte days before...on the day of the vote they reneged because of what?... They are clinging like leeches to promote their own agendas and largesse.

sudden 2019-03-09 12:08:54 

In reply to Courtesy

Hunte got backraised as simple as that big grin

Courtesy 2019-03-09 12:09:14 

In reply to sudden

Skerritt needs a miracle. If we are to go by past actions by some directors, this is fait accompli

Courtesy 2019-03-09 12:10:39 

In reply to sudden

Hunte got backraised as simple as that

"Backraise" is that a term high ranking, no conscience gamblers use?

bobby 2019-03-09 14:37:58 

It does not matter who the candidate is. Crooked Dave is called that for a reason. It is so easy to buy most West Indians and he is a master at manipulation. Either with money, perks or power, he has them by the crotch.

Courtesy 2019-03-09 17:41:26 

In reply to bobby
Thumbs up.

Fivestar 2019-03-09 18:58:24 

In reply to Courtesy

Yes, it can be quite frustrating being a West Indies cricket fan. That's the bad news. Now here comes the good news. Other cricket teams around the world have risen from rock bottom to the top. It is possible for the West Indies to be number one in the world again. However, it will take good leadership both on and off the field.

Courtesy 2019-03-09 19:05:14 

In reply to Fivestar

...However, it will take good leadership both on and off the field.

There you go.

che 2019-03-09 19:11:20 

In reply to Drapsey

Julian Charles, Pres of the St Lucia Cricket Assoc declared his support for re-election of Dave Cameron. Charles, a director of the Windward Islands Cricket Board and Cricket West Indies argued there was no need for change in CWI administration.
He noted after years of struggle, Windies cricket is finally heading in the right direction.

Da dottie skunt leak Curtsey skip dis ya fi seh dis...
Bajans now recite "blessed is he who comes in the name of CWI."

Dis nedda Curtsey brain fart or agenda hidden up he pimhole...

lol lol lol

InHindsight 2019-03-10 08:25:49 

In reply to Courtesy

"...if you want a taste of the honey, you must sleep with the CWI queen bee."

Succinctly put.

This is the disgrace that has befallen West Indies cricket.

Courtesy 2019-03-10 08:48:30 

In reply to InHindsight

Yep. It's not about about advancing West Indies cricket forward. In fact, H&H wanted the full implementation of the Patterson Report but some directors who are still occupying seat on the board resisted with all fervour.

The reason why Julian Hunte changed his mind about not contesting the 2013 election was an attempt to oversee the full implementation of the Patterson Report which he vowed to complete.

But yes...this is not about commitment to improve West Indies cricket it's all about the preservation of the old boys club.

Raggs 2019-03-10 08:57:22 

In reply to Courtesy

you can never give up the windies and the windies will never give you up ..to death does thou part..selah..rally!

Courtesy 2019-03-10 08:59:21 

In reply to Raggs
I will never ask what my group of islands can do for me. I don't need West Indies and for that matter any person to support me or not give up on me. I am my own man.

big grin

InHindsight 2019-03-10 10:10:52 

In reply to Courtesy

Ja...the great pretenders. Pretending now to be straddling the fence when we all know and they know, they will be knifed to death if they do not support their countryman Dave. HYPOCRITES. How strident they were in their voices to remove H&H and now hardly a pipsqueak. HYPOCRITES.

Echoed Echoed Echoed!!!

The hypocrisy is palpable.

Short term gain for long term regret.