The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

When are we going to hold these players responsi

wanchaps 2019-03-10 17:20:30 

Whether this is the best T20 team or not the basics of batting remain the same. When we were 4 wickets down every player coming after should have been saying, let bat 20 overs. Cotrell, Allen, Mccoy all looked like they were barring for the first time in there lives! Pooran fell right into a set trap and Bratwaite is not good enough to command a spot on an international team.

InHindsight 2019-03-10 17:42:41 

In reply to wanchaps
Not the players fault.

Simple

POINT 2019-03-10 21:02:58 

In reply to wanchaps

Whether You & Others like it or not
WE first have to hold those in the
governance of Cricket in the Region
Accountable for their Stewardship of
Cricket in the Region .

I am sure that You & Others who believe that ALL the Ills of West Indies Cricketare due to the fault
of Our Players .

What concerns Me is the Fact that for many years the WICBC has commissioned several Reports yet
Those Reports have never been released .

In the event that this is the first time You are reading what I write in this Forum , the WICBC was formed in 1928 . Since its Formation 90+ years
ago , it has bluntly refused to change its Structure .

It is this Freaking fact why WE are
not as competitive as WE Should be
in the International Cricket Arena .

Now the salient Question is this :

WHAT WAS THE PURPOSE OF

COMMISSIONING THESE REPORTS WHEN

THEY HAD & HAVE NO INTENTION TO

IMPLEMENT THE CHANGES RECOMMENDED ??

Rather than being critical of Our
Players , WE ALL need to examine the
Actions & behaviour of those in the
governance of West Indies Cricket
critically because for many years they have bluntly refused to change
their Modus Operandi .

bobby 2019-03-10 21:11:25 

In reply to InHindsight
Not the players fault. None of them should be playing international cricket. Their standard is the curry duck cricket being played in Crooked Dave's Windies.
Cricket in the West Indies has been dead for about 15 years. Then a smart man named Crooked Dave found a way to keep it on life support so that he and his buccaneers could milk the money still available.I have said many times but too many here are too stupid to understand. There is no West Indies team representing West Indian people. There is a Windies Team owned by Crooked Dave and a private organisation named CWI.

Norm 2019-03-10 21:34:58 

Yeah, yeah. Let's hold the players responsible. Fire them, bring in new ones and fire them too if they don't perform to our liking too, etc!

When we are down to Dave, the cricket board and posters on this board who want to hold the players responsible, the rest of us will pay big bucks to watch them play - in foreign leagues!!!

sgtdjones 2019-03-10 23:00:31 

In reply to Norm

Some are playing in Foreign leagues as Dave watches CWI
burn to the ground.

Norm 2019-03-10 23:11:35 

In reply to sgtdjones

Some are playing in Foreign leagues as Dave watches CWI burn to the ground

Personally, I think CWI under Dave has done a lot for the regional game and its players, but a lot more still needs to be done - mainly team selection. How do you select a team fairly though, when the selectors, board administration, etc, were all put in place by very questionable means?

How does the captain perform well if he thinks his actions, right or wrong, will not be questioned, because the selectors themselves will not be held accountable?

Philjam 2019-03-11 00:16:12 

In reply to Norm

How does the captain perform well if he thinks his actions, right or wrong, will not be questioned, because the selectors themselves will not be held accountable?

I,surely believe that the problem we have is
that the selectors are not accountable to anyone outside the CWI.

bobby 2019-03-11 08:58:22 

In reply to Philjam

But CWI is a private club. How do you hold a private entity accountable?
Wake up and smell the coffee. The players DO NOT represent the West Indies or the people of the West Indies. Too many people are trapped in the past.
This is a new dispensation. Cricket in the Caribbean does not exit. There is a private company called Cricket West Indies that is opened by Crooked Dave and his band of buccaneers and the team is called WINDIES.

natty_forever 2019-03-11 09:02:03 

We won the test series, drew the ODIs, and lost the T20s. Imagine if we had lost all 3.

Kay 2019-03-11 11:02:06 

In reply to natty_forever

Thanks for injecting some sobriety......

Narper 2019-03-11 11:21:08 

In reply to natty_forever

We won the test series, drew the ODIs, and lost the T20s. Imagine if we had lost all 3.

big grin big grin big grin big grin
I bet everyone would have been happier today. We expected cutass ....even the cappo said so

"We're a bit disappointed," Holder admitted after the third T20I in St. Kitts. "But there are still a lot of positives. I definitely would have accepted these results when England started their tour. Winning the Test series was exceptional and parts of the ODI series were equally as good.

link

But you see the Windies flattered...and fans now feel deceived big grin big grin
Now cutass Déjà vu
Fans already forget the tests and ODIs...

Barmy Army and Eng going home on a high....WC2019 here they come