The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

T&T has a big fat problem

Narper 2019-03-12 09:25:48 

THIS country has a problem with obesity and overweight and citizens need to take charge and pursue a healthier lifestyle.

So said expert and pioneer in advanced laparoscopic and bariatric surgery Dr Dilip Dan.

Speaking on the overall topic, Dan said: “We are an overweight society and we have to as a nation take charge of reversing that because the health care costs are going to be phenomenal. So whatever means we choose to lose weight I think is extremely relevant to our society because we are gearing up to have a major crisis with all the core non-communicable diseases and our obesity rates are increasing alarmingly so we have to take charge of that.”

link

VIX 2019-03-12 09:42:45 

In reply to Narper

Entire caribbean afflicted. And with more obese women than men.

But you can't talk about it, you might hurt people's feelings confused

nick2020 2019-03-12 10:00:06 

In reply to Narper

You would never believe it with all the skinny women bravos posting. OR maybe those women not Trini? lol

goofballs 2019-03-12 10:18:00 

In reply to VIX

But you can't talk about it, you might hurt people's feelings

Where is your head, boy?
In your crotch too?

Singling out an individual and savagely attacking her like that bully of a minister is totally different from policies and education.

Get yuh head straight. redface

Jumpstart 2019-03-12 10:26:15 

In reply to Narper

Truth be told skinny does not mean healthy. My uncle was quite a small man and he died of a massive heart attack last august.......at 55. While obesity does increase the chances of heart attacks and certain types of cancers, it is not the be all and end all. If a person has heart disease, which many times is hereditary or a malformed heart, even if they're skinny, they are more at risk of death than a fat person who does not have those conditions

VIX 2019-03-12 10:32:54 

In reply to goofballs

go change your diapers old man. All that shit is messing with your remaining brain cells.

goofballs 2019-03-12 10:39:12 

In reply to VIX

So wah? You think you can try abusing people and get away with your stupid logic and mentality.

Again, I ask, where is your brain stored?

Peoples feelings will be hurt if you single them out for a national/global problem. It is called bullying.
But the know it all, pompous ones yahso don't think and don't care about the primitive savagery that is being practiced.

I guess you cannot see that far, either.

black 2019-03-12 10:43:52 

In reply to Jumpstart

You are correct, being overweight is not always a sign of being unhealthy. I have said that on Yamfoot's thread. It is up to each individual to monitor his or her physical health, however, it won't hurt to lose a few pounds.

Trinidave 2019-03-12 10:51:28 

In reply to VIX

But you can't talk about it, you might hurt people's feelings confused

Of course you can talk about it. But do not pick on and insult people because of their appearance. If obesity is ah disease, like de doctor said, den talk about de medical issues.

DO NOT insult a person because of their appearance. Do not call dem ah tub. How de phorque is it okay to insult someone, you say is suffering from ah disease, based on their appearance?

Is it okay to make fun of someone with downs syndrome based on their appearance?

He basically attacked de woman because she is fat? She never proclaimed to be healthy. She never said being fat is healthy. All she said is dat she should be able to play mas without being humiliated.

What did de dumbarse Doc do? Humiliated her for being fat. Called her a "tub".

TriniD would not even tek ah dog to dat "doctor".

Commie 2019-03-12 10:58:01 

Wait a minute. I rarely have time to post but is this an opportunity to bully goofballs ?

Emir 2019-03-12 11:03:12 

In reply to Narper

Obesity is a growing problem thanks to the proliferation of Free Trade and the IMF.

It is these liberalized economic policies that allowed American junk food industry to export their franchises to Trinidad and other third world countries. Prior to economic liberalization, these junk food kings were not permitted to expatriate their profits from royalties.

In Trinidad check out who own almost all the junk food franchises and don;t even talk about where they are getting their foreign exchanges.

Also, check out the Express Newspaper, every time a new junk food franchise opens up- they celebrate it big time with ribbon cutting ceremony and all while providing publicity. And check out the ownership of the Express and their relationship with these junk food franchises.

VIX 2019-03-12 11:17:19 

In reply to Trinidave

Agreed, his delivery was poor. The message however was on point.

Down's syndrome is not a choice. But obesity is. Except in rare situations

I live not too far from a secondary school, its shocking the amount of obese children i see on a daily basis. The majority girls. Some morbidly obese. Its a generational death sentence.

And it's not a subject easily broached, there are always the "beautiful inside and out" crew defending the obese. The "god make she so" crew. And the "Healthy at all sizes" brigade waiting to pounce on so called fat shaming whether real or perceived.

Emir 2019-03-12 11:23:11 

In reply to VIX

His message had nothing to do with obesity and I am shocked how intelligent people can actually lend support to him. He is disgrace and I for one am happy, if UNC puts him to run in "Sahwah" and Barataria then it will be a sure seat for PNM.

Commie 2019-03-12 11:26:27 

In reply to VIX

Obesity is not only on the rise, it is being accommodated in this new dispensation of 'nothing is a problem'.

Worse still fellas saying how they like thick women.

Its a coming health crisis and we already have a diabetes epidemic.

Trinidave 2019-03-12 11:31:44 

In reply to VIX

The message however was on point.

What was his message? He saw an obese woman, so he attacked her because she complained about being attacked for playing mas?

Basically he said it is okay to attack fat people because fat people are fat.

You can't defend him attacking this young lady. What did she do to deserve this attack? What did SHE say?

All the talk about "Healthy at all sizes" was NOT uttered by her. She just said she should be able to play mas in peace.

She did nothing to deserve that.

Nawh!

Trinidave 2019-03-12 11:40:50 

In reply to Commie

Obesity is not only on the rise, it is being accommodated in this new dispensation of 'nothing is a problem'.

Worse still fellas saying how they like thick women.

Its a coming health crisis and we already have a diabetes epidemic

TriniD can't believe educated people fallin fuh de head-fake and excusing this man's horrible dehumanizing behavior.

Of course obesity is ah problem. But what does dat have tuh do wid de woman playing Mas and being insulted for playing Mas, and being insulted for her appearance while playing Mas?

Basically he attacked a fat woman, on site, for being fat, and using an obesity-crisis (which is an actual ting) to excuse his attack on this woman.

goofballs 2019-03-12 11:41:53 

In reply to Commie

Wait a minute. I rarely have time to post but is this an opportunity to bully goofballs ?
lol lol lol lol lol

Nice to see you around, Bro!
Hope all is well.

sgtdjones 2019-03-12 14:56:26 

In reply to Emir

In Trinidad check out who own almost all the junk food franchises and don;t even talk about where they are getting their foreign exchanges.

Idiot, they are the Syrians the Strongest supporters of your Party the PNM? I went to school with the powerful ones in T&T at the moment.
They are not the Indo Guyanese.

Remember the phrase "we are a minority but very powerful"
they own ya PNM.

evil

sgtdjones 2019-03-12 14:59:19 

In reply to goofballs

Oh Commie not selling Real Estate, Passports to Foreigners

for the lil islands? Oh, business slowed dong?

lol

Emir 2019-03-12 15:32:28 

In reply to sgtdjones

I went to school

Prick, you went to school? Who you trying to impress
rolleyes rolleyes

sgtdjones 2019-03-12 15:35:33 

In reply to Emir

You can't refute my facts....so keep babbling on

I have learned never to argue with fools.

evil

problemjay 2019-03-12 15:47:45 

T&T has an obesity problem like most North american and Caribbean countries. NOthing new here this is a problem for years. A simple research on other well known Caribbean islands and you will see its worse than T&T.