The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

wealthy Americans charged with elites schools entrance fraud

birdseye 2019-03-12 11:56:26 

Dozens of wealthy Americans charged with elites schools entrance fraud

US federal prosecutors have charged dozens of people in a years-old $25m scheme to help wealthy Americans buy their children’s way into elite universities including Yale, Georgetown and Stanford, and the University of Southern California.

here

Runs 2019-03-12 12:02:36 

In reply to birdseye

Hmm I wonder what could have prompted such an investigation? lol

The defendants disguised “the nature and source of the bribe payments by funneling the money through the accounts of a purported charity, from which many of the bribes were then paid,” prosecutors said.
Sounds familiar?

How the “rich” scams the system, add tax cuts to this story to get a better picture.

camos 2019-03-12 12:06:58 

very interesting story as kids wait for admission letters in two weeks or so!

birdseye 2019-03-12 12:22:52 

In reply to camos

The rich and privileged can’t be satisfied – they got to cheat and scam to buy more privileges – which then deny some hardworking less privileged a chance --- what are the unprivileged to do – get privileged so they can buy more privilege, but how can they do that when the privileged is blocking them from getting those privileges by using their privileges to block their effort at getting privilege. -------
An example of the of how the worthy under privileged can be continuously cycled out of the privileged class ------
wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

Chrissy 2019-03-12 12:26:48 

In reply to Runs

The rule of law is for the poor- these scumbags buy everyone and everything with impunity.

SnoopDog 2019-03-12 12:37:51 

In reply to Runs

When no scam is too small.

The largest donation in the charity’s history — a $264,231 gift to the Central Park Conservancy in 1989 — appeared to benefit Trump’s business: It paid to restore a fountain outside Trump’s Plaza Hotel. The smallest, a $7 foundation gift to the Boy Scouts that same year, appeared to benefit Trump’s family. It matched the amount required to enroll a boy in the Scouts the year that his son Donald Trump Jr. was 11.

camos 2019-03-12 12:42:59 

I am really surprised by the soccer coach of UCLA, that is a high profile program that competes in a tough conference, why would you give up a spot to a nonplayer?

Runs 2019-03-12 12:42:59 

In reply to SnoopDog

That is how they do it and they make jokes out of their supporters, Orwell called them Sheep or Proletariats.

Nice article on white collar crime

Link Text

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 12:43:30 

In reply to Runs

How the “rich” scams the system, add tax cuts to this story to get a better picture.

The only time you all scream about immorality and inequities are when they are out of your reach.

I have seen you all support many similar acts that are available to you.

Stop being hypocrites!

Aren't you all the ones who tout the win at all cost mentality?

Runs 2019-03-12 12:46:43 

In reply to Ayenmol

If you are addressing me directly I can state unequivocally that I have never supported connery, thieves and demagogues, regardless of color or creed sir.

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 12:50:17 

In reply to Runs

I was talking to you and everyone else here who are always quick to take advantage of the advantages status, money, familiarity, relationships, etc affords them!

It happens right here on this board!

I will be on the lookout for the next time it happens and will be sure to point it out....won't be long!

camos 2019-03-12 12:50:48 

In reply to Ayenmol

are you ok with this scheme?

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 12:52:10 

In reply to camos

Of course not! But am tired of hypocrites who love to point out the straw in others eyes while the rafter protrudes from theirs!

Then again, are you surprised that in a Society where money is King, the King is money?

Runs 2019-03-12 12:55:19 

In reply to camos

Seems as if he is lol

Casper 2019-03-12 12:57:01 

White Privilege is any name is still white privilege.

camos 2019-03-12 13:01:42 

wonder why those actresses did not try to get their kids into those acting/drama programs instead of athletics!

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 13:02:48 

In reply to Runs

Here you go. Passive aggressive. As ussual.

I state clearly am not...and nothing about my behavior here indicates i'd be in favor of this...but of course you would try to misrepresent me anyway.

Again though...the things you all choose to be upmin arms about!

Aren't these rich people the ones who end up giving jobs to these very graduates?

Are they not capable of putting their offspring in charge of these businesses anyway?

Look at the current aministration...so what is it you are so outraged about?

SnoopDog 2019-03-12 13:09:13 

In reply to Ayenmol

Here you go. Passive aggressive. As ussual.

I state clearly am not...and nothing about my behavior here indicates i'd be in favor of this...but of course you would try to misrepresent me anyway.

Again though...the things you all choose to be upmin arms about!

Aren't these rich people the ones who end up giving jobs to these very graduates?

Are they not capable of putting their offspring in charge of these businesses anyway?

Look at the current aministration...so what is it you are so outraged about?

You do realize that your "job givers" are being charged with crimes? That it isn't just a simple matter of playing inside baseball so Eric Dotard's application gets to the top of the pile.

You're seriously arguing that the general public shouldn't be outraged at this crime where legitimate applicants are denied higher education because they are poor?

Seriously dude - Fcuk off.

Runs 2019-03-12 13:16:46 

In reply to SnoopDog

Jerry’s dad bought him a place remember lol

Casper 2019-03-12 13:20:29 

Damn, they are even encroaching on the one avenue where minority students with some athletic ability can get into an elite institutions.

I have no doubt scams like this, under different methodologies, have been undertaken by the more privileged for decades to the disadvantage of the underclass.

SnoopDog 2019-03-12 13:22:29 

In reply to Runs

Jerry’s dad bought him a place remember

That dude Ayenmol is Exhibit "A" for the case of "the impact of the human brain after unhealthy and prolonged exposure to religion".

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 13:23:15 

In reply to SnoopDog

First off, who is denied higher education?

Are you referring to Canada or the US?

All one has to do is look at the History of these institutions and how they came to havd the status they do.

These institutions were built on money and rich obnoxious people who wanted to be snooty.

Rich people drive up the cost of everything that they want to remain exclusive to them and their progeny.

No one needs a diploma from an elite school to claim they were properly educated!

But as usual you can be counted on for your faux outrage!

Crimes? Please!

A man just got sent away for 4 years for millions in fraud.

This is the World! Deal with it! This is what man has been and continues to be!

Quit acting like this is some surprising revelation....these institutions were created for and by this behavior!

SnoopDog 2019-03-12 13:31:00 

In reply to Ayenmol

Dude, what the fcuk are you on? It must be cheap grass.

Discussing this crime and how the system is rigged is " faux outrage"? How can people change the system if they don't know how it is rigged and by whom and without engaging in discourse?

And just where are the best professors and educators teaching? Not at the local community colleges yuh Doofus. Sure you can be properly educated at the community college but why shouldn't a poor person apply to the best law school if he/she so chooses and if it is their wish and desire to be taught by the best and brightest minds?

And yes, it is a crime to bribe your kids way into these institutions. Put down the little book of bronze age Bible stories...click the link and read all about it yuh fcuking ignoramus.

Runs 2019-03-12 13:34:49 

In reply to SnoopDog

Two wrongs don’t make it right. His thinking like many is the system is rigged so bend over and take it . lol

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 13:35:13 

You want to see hypocrisy?

What makes a school elite in the sense above has always been whhat they bring in and what they let out!

They bring in big names...money names, political names.

Right?

What makes Schools elite athletically?

Don't they pay for these talents? Heve'nt Black and poor people been paid for decaeds by these institutions?

Are you all outraged by that?

I have heard many say they would take the money or encourage their student athlete to do so?
The difference?

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 13:37:59 

In reply to Runs

No one says bend over and take it.

I say this is happening. It has always happened. So am i going to come here popping of because of it? Nope. Particularly when the same people popping of are the same ones doing the same things or looking the other way when similar acts are committed by others they identify with!

SnoopDog 2019-03-12 13:38:30 

In reply to Runs

Two wrongs don’t make it right. His thinking like many is the system is rigged so bend over and take it .

It's classic Nietzcheian slave morality. The slave accepts his lot in life and instead consoles himself with an afterlife make belief one where his masters will be judged for their earthly crimes.

Runs 2019-03-12 13:40:03 

In reply to SnoopDog

razz That sounds very much like someone I know

SnoopDog 2019-03-12 13:40:03 

In reply to Ayenmol

Particularly when the same people popping of are the same ones doing the same things or looking the other way when similar acts are committed by others they identify with!

Like who shithead?

Do you have any proof of these accusations or are you just projecting yourself on others?

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 13:42:51 

In reply to SnoopDog

Discussing this crime and how the system is rigged is " faux outrage"?

The SYSTEM is rigged because a few Schools who were built on elitism are working hard to keep their status quo?

This is the sort of myopic nonsense am calling faux outrage.

So if 90% of College graduates get their diplomas from a non Ivy league school their diploma is worthless?

The system is shot because 1% of Colleges want to cater to the rich?

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 13:47:13 

In reply to SnoopDog

Do you have any proof of these accusations or are you just projecting yourself on others?

There have been countless investigations into Schools who pay elite Athletes and their parents huge money for commitments to their schools.

Basketball AND Football!

Are those criminals too?

Is the system rigged too?

When are you going to speak out about this inequity?

SnoopDog 2019-03-12 13:49:55 

In reply to Ayenmol

So if 90% of College graduates get their diplomas from a non Ivy league school their diploma is worthless?

Who said it's worthless yuh dummy? You're the only one here making that argument.

The best schools are the best schools because they employ the best faculty, have the best facilities, and have higher and tougher grading systems.

This is the sort of myopic nonsense am calling faux outrage.

How is it myopic outrage that the system which kept poorer candidates out because they were poor has been exposed as a crime? Why shouldn't poorer people who have the credentials to be accepted at these schools on merit not be outraged? Who the fcuk are you to tell anyone that their indignation about this crime is "faux outrage".

Piss off.

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 13:51:09 

Or how about the fact that Athletes are given Scholarship to Schools due to their ability to make mo ey for the School when they do not deserve to even enter the School based on academics?

Where is your outrage there?

pelon 2019-03-12 13:51:20 

Most of education leading up to University in USA is a fraud, not just the mechanisms that grant access (education) to higher learning.

The entire (US) grading systems is basically biased, class discriminatory and at times outright fraudulent.

Demographics, zoning and zip code allocated schools have long been used as tools to funnel select segments (read as white privileged) access to quality education.

I have kids in BOTH public and private schools. I know first hand what I see. You get an A, just for turning up and breathing...

Fraud up and down.

Principals, teachers, parents - all up and down the spectrum - groups are exploiting loopholes that degrade the overall QUALITY of education and OPPORTUNITY for the merit based child...

SnoopDog 2019-03-12 13:53:19 

In reply to Ayenmol

Are those criminals too?

Is the system rigged too?

When are you going to speak out about this inequity?

Have those schools been charged with fraud or any other crimes?

Post a link where you railed against all these inequities and crimes since you're the Bible thumping holier than thou shithead of CC dot com.

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 13:53:25 

In reply to SnoopDog

How is it myopic outrage that the system which kept poorer candidates out because they were poor has been exposed as a crime?

Because it completely disregards the countless poor players who enter Colleges based on atletic prowess and their ability to generate tons of cash for the Universitiy!

Runs 2019-03-12 13:54:21 

In reply to SnoopDog

He needs to start his own thread, I fail to see relevance lol
Griping about a different set of wrongs

SnoopDog 2019-03-12 13:54:43 

In reply to Ayenmol

Because it completely disregards the countless poor players who enter Colleges based on atletic prowess and their ability to generate tons of cash for the Universitiy!

Are those students being denied higher education?

SnoopDog 2019-03-12 13:56:27 

In reply to Runs

He needs to start his own thread, I fail to see relevance

One day....far into the future where we all go to work in flying cars....he will eventually make a valid and sensible point.

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 14:01:10 

In reply to SnoopDog

Post a link where you railed against all these inequities and crimes since you're the Bible thumping holier than thou shithead of CC dot com

I don't because it fruitless! It happens all over....Capitalism!

Am not myopic. I dont rail against people not like me while not looking at those like me.

Easy to rail against the fithy rich for fraud while Athletes are being paid by Universities all over America probably in greater numbers than the very ones you are singling out!

Why are athletes given scholarships and even paid to go to elite sports campuses?

Not because they bring in wads of cash to the schools?

Are they all accademically eligible?

You have never seen those stories?

You have never seen charges or heard of investigations? Weird!

rolleyes rolleyes

SnoopDog 2019-03-12 14:05:15 

In reply to Ayenmol

Easy to rail against the fithy rich for fraud while Athletes are being paid by Universities all over America probably in greater numbers than the very ones you are singling out!

Why are athletes given scholarships and even paid to go to elite sports campuses?

Not because they bring in wads of cash to the schools?

Are they all accademically eligible?

Are poorer candidates in those scenarios being denied higher education akin to the situation addressed in the OP of this thread?

Let's see if you get the salient point. I'm not holding my breath.

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 14:05:50 

In reply to Runs

He needs to start his own thread, I fail to see relevance lol
Griping about a different set of wrongs

Why are you scared to refer to me directly?

Why are you hiding behind another poster?

Different set of wrongs?

Fraud is fraud. So the rich pays money to get their kids into school....the system is compromised!

But when the schools pay athletes to get them in so the school can make even larger gobs of money, that's different?

How?

Are you not worried about others who havd the qualifications that ate being left out?

You all are a joke!

Trinidave 2019-03-12 14:09:32 

In reply to Ayenmol

Athletes are NOT paid to go to elite sports programs.

They are given scholarships to cover tuition, meals, etc. Not paid.

Elite athletes generate millions upon millions of dollars to college programs, and do not see any of that.

SnoopDog 2019-03-12 14:10:48 

In reply to Ayenmol

You are aware that all colleges and universities allocate places for academic scholarships which would not otherwise displace other candidates who apply purely on academic credentials?

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 14:10:51 

In reply to SnoopDog

Are poorer candidates in those scenarios being denied higher education akin to the situation addressed in the OP of this thread?

The fact that you even ask this question is telling enough.

Crimes right? Oh my God? The University is putting mo ey over academics?

The sky is falling!

Go back under your rock you faux fighter!

SnoopDog 2019-03-12 14:12:31 

In reply to Ayenmol

Go back under your rock you faux fighter!

I'd much rather be a faux fighter than a bible thumping rank ignoramus like you.

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 14:13:00 

In reply to SnoopDog

You are aware that all colleges and universities allocate places for academic scholarships which would not otherwise displace other candidates who apply purely on academic credentials?

lol lol lol lol lol

So it's ok to buy athletes then?

The Ivy League Schools don't have programs in place too.

rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 14:15:23 

In reply to SnoopDog

I'd much rather be a faux fighter than a bible thumping rank ignoramus like you.

lol lol lol lol lol

At least you agree, swingggggg and a misss.

Stumpout!

Man you guys must hate how easy i tear through your nonsensical arguments....maybe ai should take another month off.

SnoopDog 2019-03-12 14:16:11 

In reply to Ayenmol

So it's ok to buy athletes then?

The Ivy League Schools don't have programs in place too.

You cannot seriously be this thick.

Dollars to donuts, you've never attended a college or university.

SnoopDog 2019-03-12 14:18:35 

In reply to Ayenmol

At least you agree, swingggggg and a misss.

Stumpout!

Man you guys must hate how easy i tear through your nonsensical arguments....maybe ai should take another month off.

You do realize that everyone (Runs, Trinidave etc) on this thread are trying to tell you the same thing but only a lot more politely than I am....that you're fcuking stupid.

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 14:28:32 

In reply to Trinidave

Athletes are NOT paid to go to elite sports programs

Trinidave! What's up. I miss your banter man. One of the few i respect on this board.

I missed your input there.

I realize that scholarships are not payment in themselves or illegal.

Am referring to the under the table payments made to Athletes and their parents.

There have been countless investigations of these infractions. Here
Countless athletes talk about how they were paid.

Many have been caught.

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 14:33:17 

So where's the outrage?

This happens all over the place.

So why attack Rich folk because they use their money to benefit their Children, while giving a pass to parents who use their Athletic kids to better their situation?

At the end the Systenm uses them both to pad their pocket.

Simple as that. I do not fein outrage at either. To each their due.

SnoopDog 2019-03-12 14:34:55 

In reply to Ayenmol

Am referring to the under the table payments made to Athletes and their parents.

There have been countless investigations of these infractions. Here
Countless athletes talk about how they were paid.

Many have been caught.

One is an ethical issue, the other (OP of this threa) is a criminal issue.

The former does not result in students being denied admission whereas the latter does.

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 14:35:10 

More!

SnoopDog 2019-03-12 14:37:16 

In reply to Ayenmol

So why attack Rich folk because they use their money to benefit their Children

Because, (1) it's a crime; and (2) it denies admission to poorer candidates who would have been admitted on merit.

Let's see how many pages we fill up trying to tell you the same fcuking thing over and over again.

SnoopDog 2019-03-12 14:38:57 

In reply to Ayenmol

More!

Keep Googling.

carl0002 2019-03-12 14:41:55 

In reply to SnoopDog

When no scam is too small

I am reminded of a story I heard when I was in Jamaica. This fellow scale the wall at the national stadium breaking his foot in the process, only to find out when he reached inside that the event was free. He had to be directed to one of the legit exit to get out the place.

Donald Trump and his crime family been lieing, cheating and scamming for so long that the legitimate way of doing things is not even considered as options. You know someone is involved in some serious skulduggery when even $7.00 can be laundered for a tax deduction.
lol lol lol

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 14:42:51 

In reply to SnoopDog

Wait the FBI is investigating ethical issues in College?

Yet here we are, in a year when, if you have played dumb for decades, you are seeing in big, bright lights that college basketball has always been treating its players like property. An FBI investigation over payments large and small to top players has embroiled the college basketball world before the men’s tournament, the NCAA’s cash cow. It turns out money has always been finding its way to star players, though not nearly as much as they deserve.

Again, not surprising you make excuses for one whild railing against the other, thus faux outrage! You knew because there are a bunch of racist here that you can rail and no one will care because you are singling out a segment of Society that the masses here dislike.

Not unlike how White folk say insensitive stuff when they are around others who share their myopic racist views!

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 14:45:49 

In reply to SnoopDog

Keep Googling.

I guess what is Google for one is not Google for the other!

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 14:51:07 

In reply to SnoopDog

Because, (1) it's a crime; and (2) it denies admission to poorer candidates who would have been admitted on merit.

No otherwise you would not be making excuses for Athletes that get in based on the money they can generate for the University and not academical merit.

Period!

What about minorities who get in based on affirmative action?

What do you say to that? I agree with it...but apparently you think only ggrades matter!

SnoopDog 2019-03-12 15:31:36 

In reply to Ayenmol

Wait the FBI is investigating ethical issues in College?

Yet here we are, in a year when, if you have played dumb for decades, you are seeing in big, bright lights that college basketball has always been treating its players like property. An FBI investigation over payments large and small to top players has embroiled the college basketball world before the men’s tournament, the NCAA’s cash cow. It turns out money has always been finding its way to star players, though not nearly as much as they deserve.

Again, not surprising you make excuses for one whild railing against the other, thus faux outrage! You knew because there are a bunch of racist here that you can rail and no one will care because you are singling out a segment of Society that the masses here dislike.

Not unlike how White folk say insensitive stuff when they are around others who share their myopic racist views!

Use Google to translate this to english for the rest of us who don't speak batshyte paranoia.

SnoopDog 2019-03-12 15:32:46 

In reply to Ayenmol

What about minorities who get in based on affirmative action?

Are the minorities bribing their way into admission for those affirmative action programmes?

camos 2019-03-12 15:53:29 

these people are amazing, used faked test results to secure fake athletic scholarships!

SnoopDog 2019-03-12 16:11:14 

In reply to carl0002

Donald Trump and his crime family been lieing, cheating and scamming for so long that the legitimate way of doing things is not even considered as options.

Michael Cohen alluded to this in his testimony before congress.

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 16:19:41 

In reply to SnoopDog

Are they getting in on merit?

SnoopDog 2019-03-12 16:21:47 

In reply to Ayenmol

Are they getting in on merit?

Are they not?

You don't have a single clue on how those affirmative action programmes work.

Runs 2019-03-12 16:25:54 

In reply to SnoopDog

From his comments he is clueless about affirmative action indeed. Hillareeous
lol
Arguing just for the sake of it

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 16:26:21 

In reply to SnoopDog

Lol....do you?

SnoopDog 2019-03-12 16:34:46 

In reply to Runs

Arguing just for the sake of it

If he just takes his meds he would be fine.

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 16:36:03 

In reply to Runs

Makes mo sense to argue with you because you say nothing of substance but regurgitate what others say with some vague response that stradles the fence because you are never sure which side to support.

No one has been arguing affirmative action.

But here you are. Claiming uou understand something that is not being discussed without actually giving any info pro or con to the actual discussion.

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 16:39:49 

Go away butthurt and butthurter!

Discussion over. Am done debating who is smarter because you all cant discuss the actual issue that i have shown you do not grasp and are feigning outrage in.

You have no revuttal, have pursued no rebuttal and are attempting to pick a fight to seem dominant.

It's obvious...pound the desk...i'll sit back and laugh!

Runs 2019-03-12 16:46:23 

In reply to Ayenmol

Affirmed or Confirmed?

That is how they do it and they make jokes out of their supporters, Orwell called them Sheep or Proletariats.

lol

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 16:54:09 

In reply to Runs

Your desperation haslip is showing.

Move on...you are making a fool of yourself.

Soothe your ego.

Devin 2019-03-12 17:01:10 

I can't believe Aunt Becky is involved in this. I still have a crush on her, even after all these years.

Ridge 2019-03-12 17:08:35 

Rich dunces.

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 17:53:41 

In reply to Ridge

Are you insinuating that the intellectual capacity is tied to a Child's parental worth?

Go find the vast array of Rich intellectuals and come back to the thread.

Universities are just as eager to have their names associated with accomplished members of Society.

In fact there exist a huge contingent of meritorious students who are atracted to the University due to the cache of big names...so yes, is there corruption of course same in Politics Business etc. Does only the Rich benefit? No. All sorts of privleged people do. From the Athletes to actors to musicians, they all engage in unlawful tactics to gain notoriety.

WestDem 2019-03-12 18:09:49 

Battyman business here.. what and who is the “butthurter”? Runs and Snoopy, allyuh nat easy! lol lol lol lol

Runs 2019-03-12 18:10:36 

In reply to WestDem

I stay far away from Preachermen bro lol

WestDem 2019-03-12 18:12:58 

In reply to Runs

Suh it’s on Snoopy now... lol lol lol

Ridge 2019-03-12 18:18:43 

In reply to Ayenmol

Go find the vast array of Rich intellectuals and come back to the thread

Don't have time to waste on the Rich.

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 18:20:24 

In reply to Ridge

What about the intellectual?

JahJah 2019-03-12 18:36:49 

In reply to SnoopDog

You cannot seriously be this thick.

Who tell yu dat? With Ayendull, anything's possible! lol lol

Dan_De_Lyan 2019-03-12 20:46:04 

Ivy league huh...

Imagine UWI...only lines and a lil freck will work. lol

camos 2019-03-12 20:49:24 

this is sad on so many levels, wonder how extensive the practice is? we have about 8 kids from our soccer team waiting on offers and should hear on or about March 15th.

cricketest 2019-03-12 21:37:21 

Them university wet their panties when they read those application packets. What, a kid with great SAT scores, quality athlete and them paying them own way...can’t refuse that.

Ayenmol 2019-03-12 22:22:58 

Well well, so there was a direct corelation between this and the Sport factor not mentioned in the primary post story!

Not surprising sports was part of the overall scheme...been happenning in sports forever and most turn a blind eye...now the rich are exploiting that very option!

Dan_De_Lyan 2019-03-12 22:45:32 

kushner's dad "donated" 2.5M for his Harvard acceptance.

Rich get the nice car, house, private clubs etc....why not schools? oh it is merit base.

Drapsey 2019-03-13 01:08:17 

Interesting thread, now that Ayenmol is giving POINT stiff competition in the area of verbosity.

We're cheering for you, Ayenmol!