The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Odell Beckham traded to Cleveland

Curtis 2019-03-12 20:39:54 

Browns looking good, should be favored to win AFC North.

maj 2019-03-12 21:42:58 

In reply to Curtis

Brown's are cursed and so is Odell. Good riddance.

Ayenmol 2019-03-13 00:14:07 

Caant stay healthy. If he does they can be dangerous.

But the Browns were already on their way up...his presence will be a boost to the Locker room. Will raise their confidence.

maj 2019-03-13 02:00:49 

In reply to Ayenmol

This guy is a self centered a-hole. He will not be good in the locker room. This is why the Giants traded him.

Ayenmol 2019-03-13 09:04:02 

In reply to maj

The guy was low 9n antics this past year. There has never been reports of him being a distraction in the lockerroom.

His sideline antics were the issue.

Distraction in the lockerroom means someone is causing division among the players. I have not heard anything about that.

I would venture to say the Giants, who have not articulated the reason for the trade, got rid of him becauuse he gets hurt often, and he was their most trade able asset in their quest to rebuild.

ray 2019-03-13 09:41:34 

Le'Veon Bell to Jets

ray 2019-03-13 09:42:38 

That OBJ trade is not that bad a deal for Giants as some people make it out to be...I think it's a good deal

maj 2019-03-13 10:38:38 

In reply to Ayenmol

Giants are good at keeping their dirty laundry in house. He is a camera ho yes, but I'd bet he's not much better in the locker. Also Shepard is emerging as a star.

maj 2019-03-13 10:39:22 

In reply to ray

Same here a replacement for Collins and picks for the defense.

Ayenmol 2019-03-13 14:17:22 

In reply to maj

Giants are good at keeping their dirty laundry in house. He is a camera ho yes, but I'd bet he's not much better in the locker.

I guess you are free to do that...but there were quite a few players from the Giants on that boat with him.

I would venture to say the team is more split on their qb than on Beckham, but that's just me.

The Giants played this brilliantly and made the Steelers look like amateurs.

They need to rid themselves of Eli next...Draft day trade?

maj 2019-03-13 15:08:55 

In reply to Ayenmol

They need to rid themselves of Eli next...Draft day trade?

yes draft a QB please, one more year for Eli.

Tryangle 2019-03-14 14:10:12 

I agree on the Giants needing to get something out of this, they aren't going to win the division *with* OBJ, so send him outside the conference and use the picks to rebuild the squad.

Barkley's the real deal, so expect them to get Eli's heir in the first round, then add pieces to their D (replacing Collins, Vernon and others).

All eyes on the Browns indeed. Baker, Chubb, Landry, OBJ, Njoku and Kareem Hunt, and an emerging young defense. Not making the playoffs will be seen as a huge disappointment for the Browns faithful.

NYCGURU 2019-03-14 14:39:40 

In reply to ray

I agree with your take. How many games did they win last year again. The Giants are facing a total rebuild that will be sped up by acquiring assets and dumping salaries to create cap space to move the rebuild along.OBJ is a wonderful talent, but the overall roster is devoid of talent so to me it makes sense.

seaegg99 2019-03-14 14:52:47 

In reply to NYCGURU

Didn't lose games because of OBJ. Offensive line sucked as did Eli early in the season. Defensive players were traded for low draft picks. Not his fault they draft badly. Kid is liked in the locker room. Problem is still there (Eli) and now Barkley will be run into the ground. Receivers are not chain movers. Scoring points will be a problem. Looks like a pretty rough season sad

maj 2019-03-14 15:25:54 

In reply to seaegg99

Evan Engram and Sterling Shepard are emerging talents..

seaegg99 2019-03-14 17:38:55 

In reply to maj

They are complementary players not OBJ who demands defenses focus on him. Huge difference! They will be defensed much easier now. Teams will put 8 & 9 men in the box to defend Barkley, Engram might not even be on the field then because he is a poor blocker.

ray 2019-03-14 17:47:27 

They signed Golden Tate, not that big a deal...but something

maj 2019-03-14 17:56:04 

In reply to seaegg99

well see but i see them both as contributing heavily to the offense, because of Saquon Barkley teams will have to account for him.

StumpCam 2019-03-14 18:25:39 

In reply to seaegg99

I commend you sir, for understanding the real issues at hand! All the other stuff is pure BS!
Gettleman or whatever his fcuking name is will be mere footnote in Giant history when its all over!

We live in an age of social media! Almost all professional athlete have a social media presence! If Gettleman does not get that, he is completely clueless and is stuck in the 20th century!

Ayenmol 2019-03-14 19:00:23 

In reply to seaegg99

I can provide you with games from just this past year when Beckham was out and the Rb florished!

And games when Becckham played and the run game was stymied.

The NFL is about matchups.

Tryangle 2019-03-15 08:27:19 

In reply to ray

I like Tate, but if the G-men are committed to the rebuild, why splurge on a four-year deal on a guy turning 31? Plus, he's a slot guy/YAC fella, the same as Shepard.

imusic 2019-03-15 10:21:15 

Interesting.

They trade Odell but keep Eli

Figures

Tryangle 2019-03-15 10:22:47 

In reply to imusic

Nobody's going to buy Eli lol lol lol

DukeStreet 2019-03-15 12:45:47 

In reply to imusic

Can Eli still throw the ball more than 30 yards?

NYCGURU 2019-03-15 12:48:17 

In reply to seaegg99

I was is no way suggesting that the G men lost because of OBJ. Rather the point i was trying to make, was that the roster was devoid of talent and even though OBJ and Barkley are special talets, they still were a bad team. Your points are all valid in my opinion. They now need to draft well and create cap space to sign targeted free agents. Finding a QB will also be vital.

Ayenmol 2019-03-15 13:45:12 

In reply to NYCGURU

They were a bad team because they have a terrible qb right now and the defense knows it.

The team gives zero effort. The defense sleep walks through games.

Eli is the Giants problem....and maybe Coach.

Last year the Giants had the best young RB and a top 3 wr...Who else had that? Look what Dak did after getting a viable target to add to Elliott!

Giants underachieved!

seaegg99 2019-03-15 20:03:07 

In reply to Ayenmol

Think these guys focus is getting rid of all those associated with Jerry Reese. Now hearing Sheppard is on the block since him and tate are both slot receivers. Too many pieces without any time playing together. Takes a while to form cohesion in Football.

Ayenmol 2019-03-16 07:33:52 

In reply to seaegg99

Jerry Reese? Takes time to form cohesion?

That's talking head stuff.

I do not pay attention to talking heads, they got agendas

Giants won two Superbowls under Reese. And between those two Championships they underachieved.

Even the year they won the second Championship they only won 9 games...so where did cohesion come in?

This team has been up and down for a decade now....through it all Eli been there.

Dude is wildly inconsistent. Does not inspire his team. One day can look like Montana, the next like Bortles!

But for some reason the Mara's scared to rid themselves of him...

Manning and Flaco are 2 peas in the same pod! Ravens just got rid of the latter...and right now he got a stronger arm.

Curtis 2019-03-16 08:51:04 

There comes that time when, if your QB is not Brady or Brees and they're over 37 yrs old, your team is in purgatory unless it has a killer defense.

Shed the QB when they hit the wall. Some take a few years in that zone.

Then again, it's an easy excuse for the GM and coach during this period, so these guys are kept around.

seaegg99 2019-03-16 18:43:25 

In reply to Ayenmol

Cohesion is in reference to the units cutting and pasting players on both sides of the ball. Reese was a pretty good GM over the years. Team was up and down because of the bad clock management of Tom Coughlan for years. Many, many games were lost in the last quarter after leading going into it.

Even the year they won the second Championship they only won 9 games...so where did cohesion come in?

Giants had a pretty good defensive unit in 2012 (Osi, JPP, Tuck and Linval Joseph) formed a very good defensive front forced it's way to the super bowl. You do not think the years playing together as a cohesive unit played a part in winning.

All Giant fans know Eli is inconsistent and limited still though he won two Super Bowls. Wish he would retire but who leaves 23 million on the table.

Ayenmol 2019-03-16 22:18:22 

In reply to seaegg99

Giants had a pretty good defensive unit in 2012 (Osi, JPP, Tuck and Linval Joseph) formed a very good defensive front forced it's way to the super bowl

So they did not have a good defense the year before with these same players? They went 8-8 then...

This team been underachievers. Period. Starts with Eli...NYers hated Eli before they won the first Championship.

Teammates complained about him constaantly becore then.