The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

But why is CWI resisting restructuring?

Courtesy 2019-03-14 09:12:16 

The answer is obvious. Restructuring will devolve power away from the selfish, power hungry directors who control CWI resources without having not a single individual penny invested directly into the entity.

And why have they hijacked CWI if they do not benefit from any investments of their own into the entity? I am left to wonder that there must be some latent benefits arising out of this iron grip arrangement? I believe in the world of deals it is called perks and more.

On the other hand, this must be one hell of a sacrifice if they give up of their time and stomach all kinds of abuse in public if there is nothing in it for them. I salute the CWI directors if this is actually the case.

At least to mitigate against any potential long term abuse of the system, Skerritt/Shallow are planning to introduce term limits.

And CWI thus far have been allowed to resist restructuring without advancing one single reason for their opposition to the new recommended arrangements.

I believe it is incumbent on the current occupants of the directorship of CWI to tell us why are they resisting restructuring?

The resources of the CWI do not belong to he directors. They have invested nada.

sudden 2019-03-14 09:27:24 

In reply to Courtesy

everybody loves power and hates to give it up

Courtesy 2019-03-14 09:35:48 

In reply to sudden

Yep...but that power should come from a representative group of people if you are not investing your own dollars into the entity.

When your mandate to govern comes from twelve persons who are not a representative body and own little of the resources, then the process is flawed - the tax payers are short changed.

CWI is a quasi- private entity that provides a public good using quite a bit of governments' resources and investments. The current exclusionary mgt arrangement within CWI cannot be right.

sudden 2019-03-14 09:56:20 

In reply to Courtesy

sounds like how politics work too ent?

Courtesy 2019-03-14 09:59:07 

In reply to sudden

Yep it's CWI politics...but more akin to Russian politics when it should be more closely linked to participatory democracy.

JOJO 2019-03-14 10:27:26 

In reply to Courtesy

CWI is a quasi- private entity that provides a public good using quite a bit of governments' resources and investments

Firstly, how the heck did cricket—west indies cricket—become a public good?

Secondly, how is the use of resources by CWI different from the use by Sandals? When Sandals builds a hotel in the islands, it receives the benefits of new roads or an improved road network, water, electricity network; the airport is improved to accommodate Sandals guests. The country undertakes advertising overseas to encourage visitors to visit...and stay at Sandals properties. In addition...Sandals gets generous tax concessions and tax holidays. Do we ever ask why is Sandals receiving so many concessions? (BTW, we should!).

Courtesy 2019-03-14 10:33:01 

In reply to JOJO

How many jobs has CWI generated in the Caribbean as compared to Sandals? This is a vacuous debate...great rhetoric, no substance.

camos 2019-03-14 10:35:15 

nice cost benefit analysis discussion! keep it going guys.

JOJO 2019-03-14 10:39:52 

In reply to Courtesy

How many jobs CWI generate in the Caribbean as compared to Sandals. This is a vacuous debate...great rhetoric no substance.

(I will stay away from the smart-ass rebuttals...for now).

Compare the use of resources of CWI and Sandals.

Compare the benefits derived by each. Compare the benefits to the economies, generated by each.

Courtesy 2019-03-14 10:42:11 

In reply to JOJO

Take win with your comparative analyssis. CWI is more important to the economies of these islands as compared to CWI.

Don't bother to respond. I shall no longer dignify your stupidity with a response.

InHindsight 2019-03-14 10:46:54 

In reply to Courtesy

Among other reasons there are those who are insecure about the 'smaller islands' of the region. Simplistic an explanation this may be, but true. See the widespread comments on this MB hiding behind pseudonyms. I recall the days when it was hard for one of these so-called dotties to make it into a West Indies team. In some cases unjustifiably so.

Administratively, and only recently, you will recall the disparagement meted at Hilaire and Hunte. Now the voices have gone weak, despite the glaringly obvious. Restructuring - the clarion call to replace this institution (cricket) back where it belongs in Caribbean folklore

Courtesy 2019-03-14 10:49:39 

In reply to InHindsight

I have posited from the early that the haste to remove H&H was never about cricket. I am on record as saying this here...but we digress.

natty_forever 2019-03-14 10:49:42 

In reply to InHindsight

Now the voices have gone weak,
… because we hoarse, not because we no longer disgusted.

JOJO 2019-03-14 10:52:39 

In reply to Courtesy

Don't bother to respond. I shall no longer dignify your stupidity.

Ohh...I will! big grin big grin

Typical reaction of an ass who realizes that he has been cornered in discussion. big grin big grin

Now go do a proper analysis of the benefits, etc. and whilst you’re at it, read up on public good.

InHindsight 2019-03-14 10:53:28 

In reply to JOJO

Firstly, how the heck did cricket—west indies cricket—become a public good?

In this case governments should not assist with stadia, there should be no television rights sold and purchased and tickets as well.

You should be showing little if any interest on this MB

JOJO 2019-03-14 10:57:17 

In reply to InHindsight

should be no television rights sold and purchased and tickets as well.

Okay. I will give you the same advice I give to the op above. Go read up on a public good.

Courtesy 2019-03-14 11:02:57 

In reply to InHindsight

The guy has absolutely no idea what public good entails...shun him.

InHindsight 2019-03-14 11:05:54 

In reply to JOJO

Are you blind to see that without the input of the regional governments this institution which represents us as a region is feeble at best. Despite, either way its a public good

InHindsight 2019-03-14 11:06:55 

In reply to Courtesy

The guy has absolutely no idea what public good entails...shun him.

I rest my case big grin

Courtesy 2019-03-14 11:07:55 

In reply to InHindsight

lol lol lol

JOJO 2019-03-14 11:07:59 

In reply to Courtesy

The guy has absolutely no idea what public good entails...shun him

One thing I remember about you on this MB is that you were attempting to advise Dukes on the use of a stethoscope. Dukes was quite subdued in his reaction. I think I shall do the same. Goodbye.

natty_forever 2019-03-14 11:08:04 

Jury is out.

Courtesy 2019-03-14 11:10:27 

...stephoscope.

Steph Curry will be proud he got a mention on a cricket site.

big grin

imusic 2019-03-14 11:10:59 

In reply to Courtesy and InHindsight

Didn’t the Hunte and Hilaire administration also refuse to restructure the then WICB?

Why wasn’t the lead question asked then?

sudden 2019-03-14 11:13:29 

In reply to Courtesy

the whining will never stop

the whining will never stop

Courtesy 2019-03-14 11:14:08 

In reply to imusic

No. They oversaw the implementation of many aspects of the Patterson Report with the exception of four or five crucial recommendations which dealt with, in the main, restructuring.

In fact, this is the reason why Julian Hunte wanted another term after he had indicated he was not going to contest the Presidency. He was not satisfied that if he left, the Patterson Report would have been implemented in full. The implementation of the report was ongoing. With the benefit of hindsight Julian Hunte was proven correct.

The reason: It was because some board members resisted the full implementation of the report and two directors who initially sided with him on the full implementation voted against him on the day.

Btw, many of the regional heads know this.

InHindsight 2019-03-14 11:14:40 

In reply to imusic

Quite simply you are misguided, or are you being facetious?

big grin

Thought you were one of those who was dissatisfied with Cameron? What's your preoccupation with Hunte and Hilaire?

sudden 2019-03-14 11:16:50 

In reply to InHindsight

The whining does never stop.
Whining does never stop.
Whining does never stop.
Inside ah de mas.
Because De iron have me so bazodee

InHindsight 2019-03-14 11:17:43 

In reply to sudden

lol lol lol

Courtesy 2019-03-14 11:18:00 

In reply to sudden
lol lol lol

No. Allison Hinds promoter.

Cuter 2019-03-14 11:37:03 

In reply to sudden

I see you having fun cool

imusic 2019-03-14 11:44:56 

In reply to InHindsight

Courtesy responded with his take on proceedings. You guys purport to be “insiders” regarding the workings of the H&H administration

Instead of waffling, do similar

Courtesy 2019-03-14 11:47:37 

In reply to imusic

Courtesy responded with his take on proceedings...

My take? Mate, whatever I post here can be taken to the bank. After proper and meaningful research on the matter, I can say without fear of contradiction..."It is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth."

Allyuh need to understand the current politics, protectionism and machinations.

It's about frustrating the will of the various reports on restructuring CWI taht are sitting on the shelves and which would ultimately devolve power.

InHindsight 2019-03-14 12:20:45 

In reply to imusic

Instead of waffling, do similar

How is that so?

Ummm what's is your position on the Cameron administration? Mine's clear.

InHindsight 2019-03-14 12:23:13 

In reply to Courtesy

Did you hear John Eugene's comments on "The Banter" this morning or the DBS midday news item on Holder???

Point well made. I wonder whose agenda the local president is pushing can you tell me?

Courtesy 2019-03-14 12:35:11 

In reply to InHindsight

I didn't hear it but I will follow up. Tks.

carl0002 2019-03-14 12:59:21 

In reply to Courtesy
Man you making some vague assertions and basic inaccuracies in that piece its not even funny. I know you will garner lots of support because none will question some of the quasi logic in your statement, as the general theme fits in with overall feeling on the MB these days. What is disappointing is to see otherwise sensible posters becoming really unhinged over this CWI stuff.

natty_forever 2019-03-14 13:02:52 

Motive?

Courtesy 2019-03-14 13:11:25 

In reply to carl0002

Rip it to shreds mate, rip it to shreds.

In the absence of any contrary arguments from you, I will say in very banal and ordinary terms, great rhetoric, no substance. Other than a debate where sensible arguments are put forward, I will treat your post above with scant courtesy.

Let the debate start with this question: what prevented the boards of Guyana, Barbados and Windwards from giving the challenger a hearing before the votes for the presidency are cast? Is this your idea of democracy and inclusivity?

POINT 2019-03-14 14:14:19 

Hell for over 16 Freaking Years in this very Forum , I have been writing
that the main obstacle regarding
West Indies

MUST BE A TOTAL RESTRUCTURING

OF ALL CRICKET IN THE REGION .

My Critics in this Forum castigated

me, One even wrote in this Forum that
He and others agree with Me 99 %
regarding what I write , the funny thing is that HE & OTHERS still they Criticize what I write .

InHindsight 2019-03-14 14:25:02 

In reply to POINT
Point you just have to tone it down a bit but by and large many here agree with your arguments?

Take for example you are always shouting ie writing in all uppercase. wink

Drapsey 2019-03-14 14:29:55 

I think they should restructure around the one man, one vote notion. Meaning that every (participating sovereign) nation involved/partaking in West Indies cricket would be able to table a single vote in elections for the various offices within. Democracy, if you will.

The only issue would be with the ability (or inability) to the manage the voting process to ensure that all those little dot island nations don't pool themselves as a voting block to always elect officers from within said block.

InHindsight 2019-03-14 14:33:01 

In reply to carl0002

Carl please tell us what are the fuzzy issues?

wink

Courtesy 2019-03-14 15:20:45 

In reply to InHindsight

Someone sent me de link. big grin

Breaking News: Former West Indies A Captain John Eugene States that the “Biggest Problem with Local Cricket Development is Julian Charles”

InHindsight 2019-03-14 16:54:48 

In reply to Courtesy

Yep that's pretty much it lol lol lol

Well articulated.

I intimated similar sentiments on this thread as it relates to Charles's contribution versus Dr Shallow's to their respective associations.

Again I ask What's Charles's agenda???
/
What has St Lucia or Windwards cricket gained from his directorship?

TheTrail 2019-03-14 17:16:41 

In reply to POINT

Sixteen effing years you were preaching this, and nothing has changed, time for you to get in the ring and make a difference instead of sitting on the borrowed fence singing from the old testament.

Give powen his effing fence back; you're making a mockery with it. lol lol

POINT 2019-03-14 19:54:03 

In reply to TheTrail

I am just a Regular Cricket Fan , who decided on returning to the Region in
2000 to assess how the Great Prowess West Indies Cricketers in the International Cricket Arena started
on a downward Trend .

On several occasions I have cited how
WE got to where WE are . Check all my
current posts & threads . The stark
freaking Fact is that WE are where WE Are due to the TOTAL INCOMPETENCE
of the Worst International Cricket
Board in the Commonwealth .

Years after the International Cricket Conspirators decided to change the International Tour Schedule , that eliminated matches
being played between the Test Matches , and then out of the Blue England decided to limit International Players from playing in England .

It finally dawned on the Jokers in the WICBC many years later that they needed to have a Regional Cricket League .

NOW HAD THE WICBC IN THE GLORY YEARS

OF WEST INDIES CRICKET FORMED A

REGIONAL CRICKET LEAGUE ; IT WOULD

HAVE HAD A LOT OF FINANCIAL

SPONSORS.

History informs us that they sat on
their Asses and did absolutely nothing , Until a few years ago ;
at a time when the Glory Days of West Indies Cricket had faded , and
Our Teams were not attractive to potential Financial Sponsors .

The gist of what I have stated here is the freaking fact that there were
2 warning signals that the people in the WICBC ignored .

The first was the change in the International Tour Schedule & the
second was England's decision to limit Overseas Players from playing
Cricket in England .

These were the Factors that slowly
but surely diminished the competitiveness of Our Players , years later it finally dawned on the
Dimwits in the WICBC that it needed
to have a Regional Cricket League .

The sad thing is that this was done
at a time when Our Players Greatness
was greatly diminished , and Financial Sponsors due to our Teams
Standing in the International Cricket is Poor .

carl0002 2019-03-15 10:26:37 

In reply to Courtesy
Why don't you just come out and say what you have discovered our found out, cuz I know you got something in your bonnet itching you and instead of saying what exactly it is you r spuriously attempting to frame some intellectual argument around it.

I must admit you have never been the same since H&H

Courtesy 2019-03-15 10:42:34 

In reply to carl0002

I am awaiting eagerly a response to my last post. And similarly, InHindsight cannot wait any longer for a response to his post as well.

natty_forever 2019-03-15 11:05:14 

In reply to carl0002 maybe one of the H.

POINT 2019-03-16 10:26:15 

I get the impression that some here
are of the opinion that replying to
my last comment is akin to touching the third Rail .

The Members of the Worst International
Cricket Board in the Commonwealth are
resisting change because THEY do not
want to dilute the current Power that
THEY enjoy .

This should be obvious to ALL Persons
who believe that there needs to be a
Total Restructuring of West Indies
Cricket .

The question is this :

DO THOSE IN THE GOVERNANCE OF WEST

INDIES CRICKET HAVE THE TESTICULAR

FORTITUDE TO SUPPORT RESTRUCTURING

THE WICBC ?????

Personally I do not believe that THEY do , if they did They would have done that years ago .

It is all about Lust for Power , and
once attained they aint about to willingly give it up . They are totally unconcerned about the Standard of West Indies Cricket in the Region and in the International
Cricket Arena .

This is precisely why WE need to throw the Rascals Out !!!!!