The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Serena gearing up for a post-tennis career

Casper 2019-03-14 12:45:15 

Serena the writer, Serena, as in tennis, Women's Champion.

You, go Serena.

Ayenmol 2019-03-14 12:52:02 

In reply to Casper

I do not understand the fascination with that...or maybe i do, it's just interesting to me.

i love Sports. I love people.

But why should i care about someone who leaves the Sports arena and decides the acollades they got from there, or money, or fame, must continue in some other field?

Why can't i appreciate an athlete for the Sport they play that i enjoy then leave them be when they move on? Why must i be so emotionally involved?

Why are you?

Dan_De_Lyan 2019-03-14 18:34:23 

In reply to Casper

Not anger management consultant?

Dukes 2019-03-14 18:46:24 

In reply to Ayenmol

Do you know what Billie Jean King has done on and off the tennis court? If you did, you would realize what an unfortunate statement you have made.

Ayenmol 2019-03-14 19:06:48 

In reply to Dukes

Dukes, i honestly do not care.

I watch the product then move on.

If not tennis it would be something else. What is done behind the scenes by a particular individual or me looking forward to it before it happens or hoping it happens for that individual to me is more than am prepared to invest.

More often than not players going into the business of their sports result in a worse product.

Sometimes it is helpful. If not them it would be someone else.

No one cares about how the mom and pop store down the road is able to run their business, they simply expect the service they provide to be done.

I do not see why it is different in Sports!

Dukes 2019-03-14 19:52:48 

In reply to Ayenmol

Dukes, i honestly do not care.

No problem not caring, but to then express an opinion on something you know nothing about, strikes me as irresponsible and arrogant.
Suppose Imran Khan the Great Pakistani cricketer becomes an effective Prime Minister of Pakistan,then what???

DAVE400 2019-03-14 20:54:37 

In reply to Ayenmol

Well said...sycophancy ...plain and simple.

Dan_De_Lyan 2019-03-14 21:54:08 

In reply to Dukes

Khan has also been known in philanthropy and is founder of two cancer hospitals and a science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) subjects college. Khan has been UNICEF special representative for sports and has helped promotion of health and immunization programs in Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Thailand. He has also received honorary fellowship of Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh for his services regarding treatment of cancer patients in Pakistan. He was also inducted in Oxford University Hall of Fame.

In politics, Khan is founder and chairman of PTI party and after Pakistani general election, 2018 he was elected Prime Minister of Pakistan.

Casper 2019-03-15 08:16:28 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

And?

Does that negate what Serena wants to do with rest of her life?

Furthermore, can someone highlight it, without being accused of sycophancy?

Or is it that any positivity surrounding Serena must be counteracted by a negative response?

Dan_De_Lyan 2019-03-15 09:49:44 

Serena hosted Meghan Merkel baby shower....positive.

Showed restrain at Osaka's victory...Positive

And the list goes on.

In the futurre..
Will lead u to the promise land.
Will sit at the back of the bus with you.
Will motivate speak the backroom tantrum out of you...

Lots coming your way in 2019

rockstarxxx 2019-03-15 15:19:28 

All of this happening because of her husband's influence.
If it wasn't for Alex, she would of been another washed up athlete.

Ayenmol 2019-03-15 15:40:45 

In reply to Dukes

Suppose Imran Khan the Great Pakistani cricketer becomes an effective Prime Minister of Pakistan,then what???

Then great for Imran Khan.

But would it be because he was a cricketer?

Or because i wish him well?

Not sur I understand your point....or you mine.

Dan_De_Lyan 2019-03-15 19:25:56 

While I think all women are superheroes

Was she a superhero when she shat on Osakas parade?

Her shit is like a super-food. nuff people here eat it up. Some have their resting heart rate at 60bpm because of that diet

JahJah 2019-03-16 07:26:07 

In reply to rockstarxxx

All of this happening because of her husband's influence.
If it wasn't for Alex, she would of been another washed up athlete.

Dream on. We're not discussing a Hingis or Mauresemo. Serena didn't/doesn't need him. When you're the greatest in your field, that alone opens doors for you.

Chrissy 2019-03-16 09:02:21 

In reply to Casper

Mad dem Serena - just mek dem dream crazier