The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Go kid!! smashed egg on Australian senator

Dan_De_Lyan 2019-03-16 17:32:39 

Link Text

Teenager smashes egg on Australian senator who blamed IMMIGRANTS for New Zealand mosque big grin

longer clip

Drapsey 2019-03-16 19:18:51 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

And he punched the kid. Will he be charged with child-abuse?

Emir 2019-03-16 19:28:26 

In reply to Drapsey

This young man is showing how the young gen will not stand for hatred and bigotry. Shame on the men who pinned and choked him.

newdread 2019-03-16 19:49:13 

In reply to Drapsey

And he punched the kid. Will he be charged with child-abuse?

This was in Australia.....the kid will likely be charged with assault cry

sgtdjones 2019-03-16 21:43:09 

Victoria Police said the incident is being investigated "in its entirety" including Senator Anning's actions.

A fundraising page has been created to collect donations to help cover the teenager's legal fees and to buy "more eggs".

A GoFundMe campaign has raised over $14,000 in 17 hours, smashing its original goal of $2,000.

Donors have billed the teenager as "hero EggBoi" praising him for his bravery and for standing up against the controversial QLD senator. According to the campaign all money raised will go to the teen for "legal fees" and "more eggs".

Ayenmol 2019-03-16 21:59:37 

In reply to sgtdjones

Come one come all!

The great hypocritical reasonning.

Upset over the continued terrorist attacks by people who have differing views and take matters into their own hands?

Come take matters into your own hands and assault others...

Come one come all!

Let's celebrate violence that denounces violence!

goofballs 2019-03-16 22:33:29 

In reply to Ayenmol

smile smile

There is only one rule of law in certain places, like back room.
Shame on those who condone the act.
Shame on parents and society to educate the youths this way.

It was so pre planned. He walked with an egg.
Posed for his selfie as he was doing the act.

goofballs 2019-03-16 22:34:35 

In reply to Drapsey

Easy, self defense not knowing what other attack was coming.
Who knows whether he had a gun, or bomb!

Ayenmol 2019-03-16 22:40:02 

In reply to goofballs

My point throughout...they don't care about the issue or the principle, just pushing their agenda while calling the kettle black....

JahJah 2019-03-16 22:58:56 

In reply to goofballs

Easy, self defense not knowing what other attack was coming.
Who knows whether he had a gun, or bomb!

LOL. HUH?

The kid was there just standing there with his cell phone out filming the dude.

What follow up attack are you dreaming of?

LOL

Te only thing that piece of shit was defending was his battered and bruised "snow flake" ego!!! lol

bravos 2019-03-16 23:41:55 

In reply to JahJah

What follow up attack are you dreaming of?

Egg beater...

goofballs 2019-03-17 00:28:36 

In reply to JahJah

smile

Monday morning quarterbacking!

He couldn't have called for a review/ instant replay especially in slow motion from all angles that you and I see.

When any man, much less a politician gets attacked from behind, he reacts in fear and defense.

I think he was too scared to even think of ego.

DAVE400 2019-03-17 09:16:38 

Well done Kid...you s hero.

Call out dockery.

JahJah 2019-03-17 09:25:55 

In reply to goofballs

Dude! Didn't you see the LONG pause as some little kid stood there motionless directing his cell phone camera at the guy? The guy who took a long enough time to take aim and contemplate whether to throw a punch or not.

lol

Watch it again. He took the egg. Turned around and was like 'really, my yute??', then unloaded. Motioned like he wanted to him again when the kid was still just standing there with the phone. They ended up moving to each other at the same time and the kid got hit again.

...bout Monday morning QB. lol

mikesiva 2019-03-17 09:56:44 

In reply to DAVE400

Agreed!

This is how you deal with intolerant politicians, who stir up hatred. None of this turn the other cheek rubbish...egg them rass!
cool
After all, Western right-wing politicians, who claim to be Christian, don't turn the other cheek either. GW Bush declared a "crusade" against Afghanistan after 9/11...even though most of the bombers came from his good friends, Saudi Arabia!
big grin

goofballs 2019-03-17 09:57:40 

In reply to JahJah

Whateva.......

Anyhow, I was replying to Drapsey's question whether he would be charged and I gave my opinion that he could easily use self defense.

The Senator is obviously a pos not unlike many in the world, including USA.

Secondly, if you must train your youths to act that way, please tell them to not be so fixated on camera and publicity.
Is that what he was looking for, walking around with a raw egg?

goofballs 2019-03-17 10:02:34 

Also, this misguided but heroic youth, doing what most wanted to but didn't have the balls or eggs to, faces the rest of his life under scrutiny and lacking many future opportunities as a student or in occupation.

Don't think they would want to change the charge to that of a minor and having his juvenile criminal records sealed.

Y'all might as well advise him to join PLO, ISIS or one of those radical organizations that you cheer from your keyholesboards.

smile

JahJah 2019-03-17 10:07:20 

In reply to goofballs

Also, this misguided but heroic youth, doing what most wanted to but didn't have the balls or eggs to, faces the rest of his life under scrutiny and lacking many future opportunities as a student or in occupation.

Only if Trump-like people are the ones in power big grin

Then again, I give you Al Sharpton. He seems to be doing just fine, innit? rolleyes wink

This is a white youth. He'll get his slap on the wrist and sent home. Just chill.

Secondly, if you must train your youths to act that way, please tell them to not be so fixated on camera and publicity.
Is that what he was looking for, walking around with a raw egg?

Thanks for the hypothetical but I woulda drop my phone long time and fact up di senator. I not looking no photo-op. big grin

goofballs 2019-03-17 10:10:03 

In reply to JahJah

So you and many are condoning his action and not seeing any criminality in it?

It is not the movies, you know. It is life!

(Ask Ayenomol)

goofballs 2019-03-17 10:11:03 

In reply to JahJah

POINT noted! smile

JahJah 2019-03-17 10:12:16 

In reply to goofballs

If a man box me, I'm not going to be shy in my response.
cool

Ayenmol 2019-03-17 10:23:09 

In reply to JahJah

Who box the yute?

Man you talking out 9f both sides of your mouth also.

All these acts have the same thing in common. Lack of self control!

When people lack self control and are filled with self importance then they feel like their belif and their understanding of life is better than anothers and thus gives them the right to forcibly force that unto others resulting in these tragedies!

You all will blame guns, religion, race, politi s etc...the issue is culture and education.

And people's heart. When hate takes root in the heart and you add a lack of selfcontrol with the me first attitude that is prevalent in this World, then you have people who take lives or otherwise assault others to achieve their goals.

JahJah 2019-03-17 10:26:05 

In reply to Ayenmol

Do you have a reading comprehension defect?

My point is self defense based on a continued attack is a stretch. The man box the youth to get back at him, and sooth his bruised ego in the process.

Simple.

So that was lack of self control on the senator's part, like any other man who takes a hit and refuses to just walk away.

Ayenmol 2019-03-17 10:32:43 

In reply to JahJah

You talking bout the Senator's response then?

Na...i misunderstood. The senator is a creep. I have not seen the footage. But if someone reacts to an assault by punching the assailant then, why would i blaame them?

Creep or not, a reaction to an attack is a reaction in the moment.

Premeditation is a big part of determining intent.

Unless provocation with an attempt to illicit a response was part of the manipulation.

Like 5hose who arm themselves seeking a reaction then claim self defense.

JahJah 2019-03-17 10:40:50 

In reply to Ayenmol

Creep or not, a reaction to an attack is a reaction in the moment.

One based on lack of self control...innit?

So you're the one talking out both sides of his mouth?

I'd home that if it were a 5 year old girl who cracked an egg on your big head (obviously by pelting it since he won't be tall enough), that you wouldn't turn around and kick her down as she stood there giggling.

Ayenmol 2019-03-17 10:48:49 

In reply to JahJah

It depends. It is still a matter of selfcontrol but defending yourself while under attack is a natural response.

The level of defense may suggest a lack of self control.

If i turn around and someone is attacking me with a knife and i grab whatever i can lay my hand on around me and swing, resulting in the assailants death, is tha lack of self control?

Whereas if i see someone approaching from a distance, am standing next to my car, go in, pull out a gun stand there wait till the assailant gets close and shoots him, is that the same?

bravos 2019-03-17 10:53:57 

In reply to JahJah

Bro you arguing with a guy who thinks it's his right to knock on your door early Sunday morning .

JahJah 2019-03-17 10:57:39 

In reply to Ayenmol

If i turn around and someone is attacking me with a knife

Now now, let's not stray off track. Let's consider the matter at hand.

You turn around, pretty calmly or let's say 'measured', and see a dude pointing his phone at your grinning from ear to ear that he cracked an egg on your shiny bald head.

What attack are you under? The grin? The cell phone camera pointed at you? The haughty laughter that fills the room? Your ego collapsing? The heat of your face as you turn red knowing that you need to get revenge?

Please note, I didn't say I was perfect. I don't have the temperament to stand there and laugh it off while the dude that splash me with water or egged me stands there amusing himself at my expense. I'm saying that I know that I am not under a sustained attack, so technically I am not defending myself in the moment. I'm just issuing payback.

DAVE400 2019-03-17 11:00:49 

This act by eggboy is a HUGE gesture....it says that white Australia does not condone the attack or the senator's remark.

...and he is getting enormous support on social media.

This is an apt antidote to Anning's stupidity.

Ayenmol 2019-03-17 11:00:55 

In reply to bravos

Bro you arguing with a guy who thinks it's his right to knock on your door early Sunday morning .

Actually, it is. You idiot!

bravos 2019-03-17 11:02:03 

In reply to JahJah

Yuh simmi...

JahJah 2019-03-17 11:02:28 

In reply to bravos

lol

Ayenmol 2019-03-17 11:04:05 

In reply to JahJah

You right...take it from someone who has been under the same circumstance.

Again i did not see the video but just speaking in general.

But i don't think these people care and ego and revenge is a big part of what they do anyway, so you expect different?

goofballs 2019-03-18 19:43:33 

Well, looks like everybody got their way!

POETIC JUSTICE or privilege?
Just like in de movies....

Connolly became something of a cult hero for the egging.Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison not only defended him, but said Anning should face charges for hitting the youth

Link Text