The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Australian Africans get Billions

Kalinago 2019-03-17 09:02:44 

https://www.rt.com/news/453929-aboriginal-high-court-ruling-compensation-win/?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fzen.yandex.com

Dan_De_Lyan 2019-03-17 12:19:30 

In reply to Kalinago

No, they are not genetically the same as most Africans, they’ve been isolated from them for tens of thousands of years or more. Ten thousand years from now there very likely would be strong genetic differences from you and your 1st cousins. Our current level of genetic knowledge will advanced from 50 years ago is still a relatively young science and developing. Thus, what is thought today still has much much more in the puzzles left. Still, their similarities are obvious. They are referred to by Europeans and European descendants as “black” from day one to current.
....their struggle are similar but different.
They suffer blatant rather than systemic...the Aussie caste way of life

birdseye 2019-03-17 13:43:42 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

blatant rather than systemic

blatant = obvious, deliberate, manifest

systemic = total, universal, complete

apartheid is apartheid by any other name
seems more like distinctions without much of a difference to me -

Dan_De_Lyan 2019-03-17 14:06:26 

In reply to birdseye

U know the meaning of what i posted....

Let me try again

Overt as suppose to covert.

Casper 2019-03-17 15:34:04 

There must be some hope for Reparations

How Democrats can lead the discussion on racial inequality.

Ayenmol 2019-03-17 16:59:33 

Australian Africans?

I guess like Americans allyou want to name people whatever suits your agenda.

I have never seen these people referred to as such and certainly never heard them describe themselves as such.

But here we are.

granite 2019-03-17 17:15:38 

In reply to Ayenmol
I think many Aboriginals looks like Sri Lankans and even many South Indians.

birdseye 2019-03-17 17:36:15 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

I do – but they both reprehensible policies and I see no benevolence in either – a death by starvation has the same result as a death by a bullet – dehumanization is dehumanization –

Dan_De_Lyan 2019-03-17 18:14:05 

In reply to birdseye

Blacks in America are presidents..rap stars..football stars..billionaires ....mayors...tv host...gangsters...

The options are endless..

Aborigines dont have the array of options...I will find the publication on aborigines life

birdseye 2019-03-17 19:18:40 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

Blacks in America are presidents..rap stars..football stars..billionaires ....mayors...tv host...gangsters...
Contextually that happened last night --- historically, even into the 1960s --- what’s that, 50 years ago? ---- separate and unequal --- lynchings,--- whites only --- not saying you don’t have a point --- but if you are on the receiving end – I will say again – it’s a distinction without a difference ---

when you get on the buss, pay the identical fare – and have to move to the back, and as an elderly black woman – have to give your seat to a vagrant white – the difference you are touting – and I am not saying there might not have been a difference – but to that black person – being killed might have been a relief

lots a kids kill themselves today because of the pressures of school and on-line bullying --- just let that digest a while --- boiling point of water is 212 degrees F ---- if you ratchet that up to 300 degrees F --- and throw it on someone ---- do you really believe there will be a distinction to the recipient?