The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

HEADLINE: Smith frustrated by silence over unpaid monies

CaribbeanCricket.com 2019-03-17 09:20:00 

BRIDGETOWN, Barbados (CMC) — Marquee batsman Dwayne Smith says he finds untenable the deafening silence from Caribbean Premier League officials over outstanding payments to Barbados Tridents players for the 2018 season.
The 35-year-old raised the issue of non-payment of monies last December, but said last week there was still no word from the league or Tridents franchise on when the situation would be rectified.
“It is very frustrating because we don't go out there just to play cricket. It's a job and when we do our job we expect to be paid,” Smith said.
“It's something we really need to look at. No one is saying anything; you don't know what's going on and all we're hearing is everybody asking about when is the draft.”
There has been no word on the date of the draft for the 2019 tournament, even though league officials announced in January it would take place between August 21 and September 27.

read more at Jamaica Observer

Full Story

mikesiva 2019-03-17 10:27:19 

In reply to CaribbeanCricket.com

The CPL need to seize the assents of Barbados Tridents, sell them off, and pay the players out of the proceeds.

Find someone new to show an interest in a Barbados team....

Drapsey 2019-03-17 11:23:20 

In reply to mikesiva

Your post looks like a direct challenge to NewDread.

With him having the recent experience of being West Indies players' representative in combination with his current official capacity with the CPL, I think my deduction is firmly based.

Come on NewDread, show us that unlike your countrymen, the Big IDIOT and Wavell, you get things done for the common folk.

Larr Pullo 2019-03-17 11:59:43 

When is the CPL draft?

camos 2019-03-17 12:45:05 

In reply to mikesiva

If someone outside of the area is owning a team, should that person not provide some guarantees like a letter of credit from a local organization ,or the CPL is responsible for those unpaid bills? where is the Bajan labor ministry in all this?

Kay 2019-03-17 12:49:27 

WIPA has no jurisdiction here?

camos 2019-03-17 12:57:44 

In reply to Kay

I would think WIPA represents the players in CWI disputes and CPL would be separate?

sgtdjones 2019-03-17 15:10:22 

In reply to Drapsey

Come on NewDread, show us that unlike your countrymen, the Big IDIOT and Wavell, you get things done for the common folk.

He gets paid why be concerned about players.

When I asked that clown pellucid questions about
such payments he obfuscated saying I don't know how the CPL
works.

camos 2019-03-17 17:23:37 

third time this issue came up, does not seem to concern a lot of folks!