The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Windwards in Last Position

Hendra 2019-03-18 06:30:36 

Despite the fact that one veteran batsman in Devon Smith scored the most runs in the competition, Winwards still placed last mainly due to poor batting by the rest of the team.

The management of Winwards cricket need to do an in-depth analysis to determine whether they're going wrong - why they're failing to produce quality batsmen. It's depressing to see the team failing year after year after year due to poor batsmanship

silver 2019-03-18 08:04:26 

In reply to Hendra

Windwards did as windwards always does. They miss their ace spinner Shillingford

Yamfoot 2019-03-18 08:15:55 

After the early rounds, they were in 3rd place and I know that was their aim, to finish in the top 3.

InHindsight 2019-03-18 09:30:28 

Quite simply team selection.

In the wider Caribbean region there is insularity in our cricket. I can attest that is it worse within the islands of the Windwards from junior to senior level. This has retarded the development of good players and caused some to quit the game prematurely.

openning 2019-03-18 10:47:39 

In reply to InHindsight

Gone are the days, when I can sit and listened to guys, discussed the Windward and Leeward Islands tournaments.
These tournaments were competitive, and my friends had bragging rights each year.
A very close friend returned to Antigua, about 12 years ago, after bing president of Alberta cricket association, and an executive member of the Canadian cricket association, after talking to members of the Antigua board, he knew he should stay away from cricket.

camos 2019-03-18 10:49:06 

In reply to Yamfoot
After Shilly got banned things went south,that with the other teams getting back players who were on tour.

Maispwi 2019-03-18 11:19:29 

In reply to InHindsight

Ah think it was preparation or lack thereof this time around. After de Windwards lost dere training camp in Dominica after de hurricane, dey havn settled on a home plus de Windward Tournament is a shambles and is held after de PCL Draft

Narper 2019-03-18 12:49:36 

Where is the obligatory SAMMY ??????????????

Ambris and Smith are as good as any in the competition.

I think POINT will be able to explain this in detail wink

openning 2019-03-18 13:00:51 

In reply to Narper

Charles and the Duck farmer, was off making real money.
Sammy will be ready for the CPL, he may even get his job back

POINT 2019-03-18 14:29:07 

In reply to Hendra

I agree with your assessment , however
YOU are asking for MIRACLES , I am in agreement with what You have stated
however , I can assure You that there
is not going to be any assessment by
the Worst Cricket Board in the Region .

InHindsight 2019-03-18 16:14:15 

In reply to Maispwi

That is lame. I say no more
evil