The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Watch this one

Chrissy 2019-03-18 19:21:41 

Here

As President Trump delivered his inaugural address in 2017, a slight woman with feathered gray hair sat listening, bundled in a hooded white parka in a fenced-off V.I.P. section. Her name was Rosemary T. Vrablic. She was a managing director at Deutsche Bank and one of the reasons Mr. Trump had just taken the oath of office.

It was a moment of celebration — and a moment of worry for Ms. Vrablic’s employer.

Mr. Trump and Deutsche Bank were deeply entwined, their symbiotic bond born of necessity and ambition on both sides: a real estate mogul made toxic by polarizing rhetoric and a pattern of defaults, and a bank with intractable financial problems and a history of misconduct.

Rosemary T. Vrablic, at top right in a white hooded coat, helped steer more than $300 million in loans to Donald J. Trump in the years before he was elected president.

Runs 2019-03-18 19:56:56 

In reply to Chrissy

On Deutsche Bank’s trading floor, managers began warning employees not to use the word “Trump” in communications with people outside the bank. Salesmen who violated the edict were scolded by compliance officers who said the bank feared stoking public interest in its ties to the new president.

One reason: If Mr. Trump were to default on his loans, Deutsche Bank would have to choose between seizing his assets or cutting him a lucrative break — a situation the bank would rather resolve in private. lol

VIX 2019-03-18 20:10:40 

"The noose is tightening"

black 2019-03-18 20:14:11 

In reply to Chrissy

Watch this one

I thought it was hurricane season again. lol

Perhaps there's a storm brewing in Trump's atmosphere. lol

Runs 2019-03-18 20:25:54 

Justice Kennedy son loaned him money from Deutsche. Guess what happened after this?

They have the connection and they have obstruction of justice. He did some in plain sight. But, he is a sitting president and only congress can really do anything. The JDSD inquired and was told the same thing. However, he has several ongoing cases of fraud that the statutes will run out before 2024. The charges are much more severe than any of the other defendants. He has to win re-election. Don’t expect him to go to jail but asset seizures could run into the 100 million plus to pay defrauded. He is in some trouble. cool

Reason for the twitter meltdown over the weekend. NYT asked him if he wanted to comment lol

Chrissy 2019-03-18 20:42:19 

In reply to black

A major cyclone is also heading for OZ - Trevor

Chrissy 2019-03-18 20:43:27 

In reply to Runs

That is a huge part of this mess - supreme problems lol

Chrissy 2019-03-18 21:09:32 

In reply to VIX

On Rachel Maddow now - damn!

Yamfoot 2019-03-18 21:28:42 

It is juicy!

Emir 2019-03-18 21:59:44 

In reply to Chrissy

big grin

Emir 2019-03-18 22:01:15 

In reply to Runs

I believe he will make a jail, just too much too ignore and he has alienated and screwed too many people in all sides- no one will feel sorry for him

nitro 2019-03-19 06:16:35 

The NYT article is more damaging to the bank than it is to Trump. That bank has very weak risk assessment and very lax credit policies.

Trump acted as a business man, maybe unethical but in the corporate world that is a thin line.

Runs 2019-03-19 07:17:53 

In reply to nitro

Only unethical? You do not see criminal? shock

Casper 2019-03-19 07:23:36 

In reply to Chrissy

Chrissy, I didn’t see this thread before my post, but all I can say with a degree of certainty, the Lisr-in-Chief is going down and Jared will be sharing a cell with him.

This is likely the most corrupt administration in the history of the US presidency.