The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Ramdin keen on maintaining core Red Force group

sgtdjones 2019-03-21 11:58:54 

Ramdin keen on maintaining core Red Force group

CAPTAIN Denesh Ramdin is keen on maintaining the core group of TT Red Force players for the 2019-2020 season.

The Red Force finished fourth in the six-team 2018-2019 West Indies Four Day Championship with a tally of 112.4 points.

In an interview on Sunday, after the Red Force’s 85-run victory over the Jamaica Scorpions in their final 2018-2019 Four Day Championship match at the Brian Lara Cricket Academy in Tarouba, Ramdin said, “I don’t want to change and use 30-40 players in a season, we want (about) 20 players and we’ll give them more experience, exposure and chances to win games.

“Hopefully we can (stick to) these guys going forward and next year would be a better season for us.”

He does not foresee much changes to the Red Force team ahead of the 2019-2020 draft.

“I don’t think we need anything (new),” he said. “We have all the power we need, we have pacers, we have spinners, we have batsmen. It’s just for us to be consistent.”

Sunday’s victory was the first for the Red Force, at the first-class level, at the Tarouba venue.

Link Text

Narper 2019-03-21 12:00:43 

In reply to sgtdjones

I read where Coach 'Space Teet' Dillon said the same thing

MERVYN DILLON, coach of the TT Red Force, is eager to give opportunities for his players to establish themselves at the first-class level.

Focussing on batsmen Jeremy Solozano and Joshua Da Silva, Dillon said, “I’m really happy with what I see from them. Hopefully we’ll give them enough time to develop. We’ve been looking for quick fixes in West Indies cricket for 20 years and it hasn’t worked. For me, it’s to create a nucleus of players and give them the opportunities.

Link

tc1 2019-03-21 14:28:32 

In reply to sgtdjones

poor tits

lol lol