The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Jofra Archer

culpepperboy 2019-03-22 10:08:39 

Should CWI selectors offer him a place in world cup squad?

sudden 2019-03-22 10:10:54 

In reply to culpepperboy

Archer cant make the WI team

culpepperboy 2019-03-22 10:13:00 

In reply to sudden

I didn't say "team" I said "squad" cool

sudden 2019-03-22 10:28:04 

In reply to culpepperboy

what is the sense in being added to the wi squad when he is almost guaranteed of making the Eng Team?

sudden 2019-03-22 10:28:07 

In reply to culpepperboy

what is the sense in being added to the wi squad when he is almost guaranteed of making the Eng Team?

cherri 2019-03-22 10:38:56 

In reply to culpepperboy

Stop reaching........have you been following that particular issue?

rolleyes

spider 2019-03-22 10:46:54 

In reply to culpepperboy

No. Make him play for England and then beat them

oldcar 2019-03-22 10:48:20 

In reply to spider

yes beat him out of the attack...if he thinks its a bed of roses, he lie. they will discard him after the furor dies down. mark my words.

cherri 2019-03-22 10:57:56 

Why are you people so bitter?....

Raggs 2019-03-22 11:20:03 

if he was offered a windies spot he would turn it down. they don't pay enough.

Raggs 2019-03-22 11:27:47 

In reply to cherri

Why are you people so bitter?....
what if you struggle to bring up your child of birth and when he gets to an age of self awareness the child he/she wants to forget you and claims that your hip rich friend is now his true mother.

spider 2019-03-22 11:31:11 

In reply to Raggs

He is free to go where he wants to go. But I don't think he should have been so bitter about not being picked for U 19 world cup

Raggs 2019-03-22 11:35:45 

In reply to spider

He is free to go where he wants to go. But I don't think he should have been so bitter about not being picked for U 19 world cup

that's what I fully fail to understand, some develop quicker than others so what? Did he not get there in the end and others selected in front of him at the time has fallen to the wayside.

tc1 2019-03-22 11:37:50 

In reply to Raggs

like you did to JA, now you speaking like a limey.

Raggs 2019-03-22 11:41:02 

In reply to tc1

you know what`? anyone at ease with the Jofra Archer decision are or were not truly West Indies cricket fans.

cherri 2019-03-22 11:45:44 

If you do right by your child, your hip friend could sing hymn-a-ton, it will not change the child,.....in terms of career too many parents try to make their children do what they want, let the children choose their career paths, and support them........Jofra has made his choice with the blessings of his family, the bitter people on this forum need to leave the young man alone..........you think that he is not aware of the chance he is taking, people here behaving like he is an empty nest......I am sure that he has weighed his options and he has decided where he want to be.......at the end of the day the right to choose is his and he made his choice.......you guys don't have to like it, but yuh know what, he ent owe wunna a thing, many of you has left you place of birth and gone elsewhere in search of a better life and I am sure somewhere along the road someone had something negative to say but it did not stop allya, he is doing no different...............give it up.

tc1 2019-03-22 11:46:27 

In reply to Raggs

The man made a decision base on economic, just like you made a decision to earn a living in the UK, as a WI I was disappointed , but he has this right just like you and I.

russean76 2019-03-22 12:48:58 

West Indies and Barbados invested a lot of time and money in Jofra Archer and deserve to get some return on there investment. England invested practically nothing and and is gaining all the benefits. Its time for West Indies to put systems in place to prevent this from happening in the future. Can you imagine these big football clubs like Barcelona developing players like Messi and then they just walk away without any compensation.

spider 2019-03-22 13:06:53 

In reply to russean76

Well they don't have any transfer system in cricket so the player is free to play for whoever he wants so long as he's eligible.

Tryangle 2019-03-22 13:07:05 

In reply to russean76

How would that work, something like if you represent an international team at youth level then you're locked in for at least 5-10 years before representing at senior level? I think the current policy is the three years across the board (among Full Members) which Archer has just reached.

Would the ICC (namely ECB) dig it?

mikesiva 2019-03-22 13:31:18 

In reply to culpepperboy

Offering him a place would be a waste of time. Archer is not interested in playing for the West indies.

cherri 2019-03-22 17:32:10 

In reply to russean76

You making sport right?....you have to be.

Scar 2019-03-22 19:00:52 

Everybody cant play for Windies. The question is the crrent crop of pacers better that Archer or was he that great to feel slighted. If he felt slighted it means he felt one of Joseph, Roach, Gabriel etc should make room.

It also says how desperate England is in their search for a fast bowler to compete with SA, OZ, Pak, NZ and even WI who seem to find 2 or 3 of them ever 5 to 10 years.

spider 2019-03-22 19:05:20 

In reply to Scar

He felt slighted at not being picked for U19 world cup in 2014 I think

doublecentury 2019-03-22 22:02:54 

In reply to russean76

So much nonsense.

West Indies invested little ...he played a couple of under 19 games, got injured and was discarded.

Because he has a U.K. passport ,his father being from Liverpool, he had a trial with Sussex on the recommendation of Chris Jordan.

He has played for sussex for several years now and that got him attention and a contract at IPL.

The question you should ask is why does talent like Archer prefer a regular job to what West Indies offer..

doublecentury 2019-03-22 22:07:23 

In reply to spider

No....he felt he needed to look for opportunities and not sit on his arse hoping West Indies or Barbados might give him a game.

The reality is there are few professional opportunities in West Indies so those who make a living have to look for opportunity.

Tomorrow four players from the queens park cricket club will be playing at IPL...one recently played for West Indies (pooran) and three have been discarded( pollard,bravo and Narine.

spider 2019-03-22 22:47:36 

In reply to doublecentury

Thats what he said.

TheTrail 2019-03-23 22:40:09 

In reply to doublecentury

In reply to russean76

So much nonsense.

West Indies invested little ...he played a couple of under 19 games, got injured and was discarded.

That is the gospel truth of what happened to Archer.He made the right choice.

Dooglar 2019-03-23 23:28:24 

In reply to spider

I always thought that was a lame excuse. If you wants to switch his allegiance, go ahead and do it, but don't come with this lame excuse as if you were the only one who missed out on selection. Can he point fingers at anyone who made it ahead of him that he can claim did not deserve to pick?

If you mix the english team, when the play against us, we should attack him. When he's batting bouncing and when he's bowling go after him as if it's the power over.

It sure has been a quite a while since I've been on here. I'm back.

doublecentury 2019-03-24 06:41:31 

In reply to Dooglar

I really don’t understand all this lame excuse angst....he has stated a simple truth...he wasn’t picked for the West Indies 2014 u 19 World Cup team and so he took himself off the England for a trial with Sussex where he had been recommended by Chris Jordan. That would be the normal thing to do for a kean young man with an English father and a british passport.

The fact that Chris jordan recognized his talent more than than local coaches was very fortunate for him as he has had so much more opportunity to become a real professional at Sussex.