The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

T&T celebrates Phagwa this weekend

sgtdjones 2019-03-22 13:41:37 

T&T celebrates Phagwa this weekend

THE HINDU Prachaar Kendra will host its 28th annual Phagwa festivities this Sunday.

The much anticipated event for the organisation will be held at the Kendra Grounds, Raghunanan Road, Enterprise.

This year, patrons will be treated to a special, “Back in Times” pichakaaree concert with presentations spanning across the collective 27 years from when the artform was first introduced. The concernt will featured veterans and new comers such as:

Shanta Ramnath, Ricky Khandoo, Pooja Ramoutar, Savitri Jagdeo, Mandeep Poonwassie, Katelyn Mohammed, Kamaldai Ramkissoon, Mohip Poonwassie, Marva Mckenzie, Savatri Beharry, Subhagie Jaikaran and Surendra Ramoutar.

One of the messages spread with the festival by scholars is its popularly representation of someone getting rid of past errors and conflicts, and as a day to forgiveness.

The event is family oriented and no alcohol is allowed.

Link Text

Narper 2019-03-22 13:55:21 

In reply to sgtdjones

Yesterday was Phagwah man wink

sgtdjones 2019-03-22 14:00:55 

In reply to Narper

Really, you got sprayed with colors.

lol lol lol

Narper 2019-03-22 14:38:47 

In reply to sgtdjones

Naah...no celebration here for me...we took a pass at home this year...Toronto still rass cold
But mih buddy from St Joseph in T&T texted me early morning wishing me Happy Phagwah
Yesterday my brother's wifey in Queens NY was cooking up a storm for Phagwah
Another brother is in India celebrating

sgtdjones 2019-03-22 14:58:42 

In reply to Narper

Yesterday was my birthday.

I don't remember much of it

Ohhhhhh this hangover is a killer.

razz razz razz razz