The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

T&T Murders in April 2019.............53

sgtdjones 2019-04-01 16:13:17 

The murder toll is 122 for 2019 year.

The comparative toll was 133 in 2018.

sgtdjones 2019-04-01 16:15:05 

Cop ‘loses’ gun while in grocery store

A police constable assigned to the Special Branch reported his service-issued gun and 17 rounds of .9 mm ammunition missing on Friday afternoon.

Police said the officer parked his car in the car park of a grocery along Golden Grove, Arouca. He placed the gun with ammunition and $1300 in a brown pouch behind the driver's seat, before entering the grocery.

When he returned at about 2.40 pm, he realised the pouch with the gun, ammunition and cash was gone.

The were no signs of forced entry, police said.

He made a report to the Arouca Police Station.

Last month, Insp Christopher Fuentes reportedly lost his police-issued Sig Sauer pistol while sleeping at his Sangre Grande home.

In another incident, a retired police inspector also reportedly had his 13 gauge shotgun stolen when returning from a hunting trip in the Heights of Guanapo, Arima.

Link Text

Amazing......sigh

BeatDball 2019-04-01 16:16:22 

In reply to sgtdjones GG has to get them boys more pro-active & no skylarking on the job. No stopping home, 'hey, padna, I gwine for some doubles wifey made for me & some mauby; gwine bring you some...gimme ten minutes...if higher up make commo with us...tell them I went to the toilet!'...Supervision & follow-ups, supervision & follow-ups on the lower ranks!

sgtdjones 2019-04-01 16:17:17 

Kesarah disappeared at midnight

Police need help in locating 16 – year old Kesarah Watson.

Kesarah was last seen leaving her 3rd Avenue, Barataria home after 12p.m. last Friday.

She was reported missing to the Morvant Police Station at 12:30 a.m. by hermother Tracey Ann Belle.

Kesarah is 5 feet, 5 inches tall, medium build, dark brown complexion, afro hairstyle.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-01 19:52:16 

Called a 'pussy', man commits murder

A High Court judge has sentenced a man to 35 years in jail after he shot and killed another in broad daylight after being called a “pussy”.

Justice Brian Cottle imposed the sentence on 33-year-old Andy Quashie who will also serve 14 years in jail for possession of a firearm. The sentences will run concurrently.

The court heard that Quashie, along with Billy Adams and Adolphus Foyle, were in Layou, a small town located on the west coast of the island, when they saw 35-year-old Joseph Evans “Tuffy” Lynch.

Lynch is reported to have referred to Quashie as a “pussy” and this remark upset Quashie and his friends, with Quashie and Adams leaving the area to get their firearms at home.

The court heard that on their return, they saw Lynch walking along the public road and Quashie shot and wounded him. As he lay on the ground, Quashie shot him again, killing him.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-01 19:54:06 

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-01 19:55:44 

Man arrested for hitting wife with Hennessy bottle

A Valencia man was arrested on Saturday night for hitting his wife with a Hennessy bottle and a dumb bell during an argument at their home.

Police said the couple were at their San Pedro Extension, Valencia, home at around 10.45 pm when they began arguing.

The man allegedly hit her on the head with the bottle and then with a dumb bell on her left foot.

She called the police and members of the Valencia Criminal Investigations Department went to the house and took her to the Sangre Grande County Hospital.

Police arrested the man.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-01 19:56:42 

In reply to BeatDball

Trini's are an amazing bunch.

I just shake me head in amazement.

redface

bravos 2019-04-01 23:22:17 

What bad info,just throw numbers out there then?

Murders OFFICIALLY down 29%..

The Commish will post up a link soon doh worry.

sgtdjones 2019-04-02 02:42:49 

The murder toll is 122 for 2019 year.

Since you cant read pay someone to read the newspapers for you you will see they posted the above.

sgtdjones 2019-04-02 02:49:03 

Since you are so dam stupid and cant read

The confrontation became physical and Franklyn was stabbed about the upper body.

The stabber made the call to police. He was detained.

These killings pushed the murder toll to 118 for the year.

The comparative toll was 133.

Two men knifed to death in Diego Martin, Chaguanas

The above to this link

check the date of the T&T Express

Show me where its is

You still can't do math huh?

nick2020 2019-04-02 12:05:41 

In reply to bravos

Why is Jonesy misrepresenting the murders?

bravos 2019-04-02 12:57:56 

In reply to nick2020

because he's a sick fuck that loves to see Trini blood spill to justify his sellout ..

He and others with agendas push fake numbers...there were many more murders for the comparative period last year..

I'm not asking you...

He still looking for one for April..

At the end of the year rate will be significantly less than last year..
maybe 25-30% .

sgtdjones 2019-04-02 14:54:08 

In reply to nick2020

Why is Jonesy misrepresenting the murders?

This character lives in some bubble that doesn't exist.
Murders are reported in the newspapers.

Notice he claims the above without proof, it is like the bridge in Mexico that he still counts.

What I quoted above are posted in the daily newspapers,
the last year comparisons. Unfortunately, he cant read.

sgtdjones 2019-04-02 14:56:33 

Teen raped first day on job at massage parlour

St Joseph police are investigating a report in which an 18-year-old woman was allegedly raped in St Augustine.

The woman told police the incident took place around midday on Saturday.

That was her first day as a receptionist at a massage parlour in Santa Margarita, St Augustine.

Only 12 hours earlier, she had been hired after responding to a report she had seen in a newspaper’s classified ads.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-02 14:59:50 

One arrested, gun, marijuana seized

Members of the Inter Agency Task Force did a series of overnight patrols in East Port of Spain, which led to one man being arrested and a gun, ammunition and marijuana seized.

Police said at around 8.58 they were on patrol near the South East Port of Spain Government Secondary School, when they searched a 22-year-old man and found 12.5 grams of marijuana.

He was charged with the possession of marijuana for trafficking as he was found within 500 meters of a school.
Police then went to the roof of the George Street Planning where they found a Glock 22 pistol with a magazine containing 10 rounds of .40 caliber ammunition. No one was arrested in relation to this find.

The exercise was coordinated and spearheaded by Snr Supt Simboondath Rajkumar.

Link Text

nick2020 2019-04-02 15:38:14 

In reply to bravos

30% will be a very good step in the right direction.

bravos 2019-04-02 21:25:36 

In reply to nick2020

Yep ..hoping for the best and totally plugged in,keep in touch.. cool

And seriously you didn't have to search to find one not too long ago..

We all know there would be more but the current trend cannot be ignored...

Courtesy 2019-04-02 21:39:35 

In reply to sgtdjones

According to your link (* TNT GUARDIAN) YTD = 118 murders

2018 equivalents = 133 murders

Percentage reduction = 1500/133 = 11.27%

Where is the 29% coming from?

I can only draw one conclusion from the above...perhaps two.

Mexican maths or sleeping ostrich.

lol lol lol

BeatDball 2019-04-02 22:30:02 

In reply to Courtesy

big grin

sgtdjones 2019-04-02 23:29:27 

In reply to Courtesy

because he's a sick fuck that loves to see Trini blood spill to justify his sellout ..

He and others with agendas push fake numbers

Courtesy, he told me in one of the threads he was accepted
at a University in Florida.

I asked if it was Trump University and did he get a graduation Certificate that hangs in his living room.

He hasn't responded as yet.

lol lol lol lol

sgtdjones 2019-04-02 23:42:13 

Link Text
G

sgtdjones 2019-04-02 23:43:17 

Woman robbed of Sou Sou money

A 37-year-old Freeport woman was robbed of $6,000 while standing in her Tewarie Road, home yesterday morning.

Police said the woman was standing in her yard at around 8.55 am when she was approached by a man holding a cutlass who ordered her to "hand over the Sou Sou money."

She gave the man the cash as he ran away. She made a report to the police who are continuing investigations

Courtesy 2019-04-03 00:30:58 

In reply to sgtdjones

Firstly, there is a clear distinction between being accepted at a uni and graduating.

Secondly, I am not convinced that such a dunce attended Florida State...but just in case he did, to study what?

Before I hazard a guess, Mr. bravos, please tell us what you studied at Florida State.

A man who attended at Florida State cannot work out a percentage reduction...unbelievable...incroyable.

No one will ever convince me that Mr. bravos understood the concept of per capita.

big grin

bravos 2019-04-03 00:36:39 

assholes the other assholes' link has the wrong figures...

Idiots quoting simple arithmetic as if anyone can't work out this little sums..it is with the knowledge that those figures are wrong that my comments were made..

Ask the commish how he got 29% ..he has the right figures idiots..

Failed staticians and professionals quoting simple arithmetic on incorrect info as a some fact or proof against a bigger point...

Simple assholes..

Courtesy 2019-04-03 00:38:59 

In reply to bravos

Just post a link where de Commish quoted murders 29 percent down and dis done.

big grin

bravos 2019-04-03 00:41:10 

In reply to BeatDball

you find a joke?

You really think the 29% is based on a newspaper typo? you really think I based that on an assholes figures?

You supporting that shit?

My comment is based on info from the commish..not some arithmetic calculation using wrong info..

You guys must be real simple minds to think that 29% is based on the bad info posted here..

You must really take yourselves too serious..

Courtesy 2019-04-03 00:44:53 

In reply to bravos

Btw, what did you study at Florida State?...just curious.

And I await your link and headlines where de Commish said murders are down by 29%. I am trying desperately to believe you on this one.

I find it strange that not one TNT newspaper is quoting de Commish as saying that TNT murder rate YTD down by 29%. Dem TNT papers looking like they have an agenda.

Sgtjones, if you have any link in that regard you can post it too.

big grin

sgtdjones 2019-04-03 01:15:41 

In reply to Courtesy

What bravos didn't read the Government has ordered
the Police not to give such stats out any more.

The individual that compiled such has retired and
no replacement was noted.

Mar 28, 2019, T&T express

Two men knifed to death in Diego Martin, Chaguanas

These killings pushed the murder toll to 118 for the year.

The comparative toll was 133.

Check the link you will see it in the last line the above.

The next 4 days the T&T Express/ Newsday newspapers
printed 4 murders to 31st March 2019.

That brings the Total to 122 murders in 89 days

2018 we had 133 murders during the same period.

I posted the murders in my last thread in March.

This individual lives in some bubble.

lol lol lol

sgtdjones 2019-04-03 01:20:40 

In reply to bravos

Stop the lies

I cannot find where the COP mentioned any such
stats in the TV news or Newspapers.

Inspector in the Police services that is a friend,
works in PR dept agrees with the newspapers count.

Courtesy 2019-04-03 01:21:55 

In reply to sgtdjones

I have used the figures from the link you provided...that's fine. But Mr. Bravos has said it was a "typo" and quotes de Commish as saying murders are down by 29%.

I just want verification that the TNT Express figures are wrong.

Since Mr. bravos has not provided any proof to date, perhaps he took the 29% straight out of his bottom.

big grin

sgtdjones 2019-04-03 01:25:35 

CREATED : 2 APRIL 2019

Diego Martin man charged with murder

A Diego Martin man was due to appear before a Port of Spain Magistrate on Tuesday, charged with the murder of 21-year-old Anthony Franklin on March 27, 2019.

According to a statement issued by the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS), 31-year-old Robert Benoit of Bagatelle Road, Diego Martin, was charged with murder following advice received from Director of Public Prosecutions, Roger Gaspard SC, on April 1, 2019.

Franklin, also of Bagatelle Road, Diego Martin, was found dead at his home on Wednesday, March 27, 2019, with a stab wound to the neck, following an altercation with another man.

Loop News

Courtesy 2019-04-03 11:43:54 

Mr. bravos, I am still awaiting documentation of de Commish's statement.

And this time, I am giving Mr. bravos the benefit of the doubt that he is a pathological liar, a dunce and a braggadocious skunt - a deadly cocktail for a poster to be endowed with.

nick2020 2019-04-03 14:01:28 

In reply to Courtesy

I will give bravos the benefit of the doubt.
30% decline in murders by the end of the year.

sgtdjones 2019-04-03 14:18:47 

Plot to kill 5 prison officers uncovered

A plot by pris­on­ers to kill five prison of­fi­cers has been un­cov­ered by the Spe­cial Op­er­a­tions Re­sponse Team.

In­for­ma­tion from a con­fi­den­tial re­port sug­gests that the threat is re­lat­ed to an in­ci­dent which took place at the Max­i­mum Se­cu­ri­ty Prison in Arou­ca where a cell­phone was con­fis­cat­ed from a gang mem­ber.

The of­fi­cers have been alert­ed about the threats and se­cu­ri­ty mea­sures have been put in place to pro­tect them.

Com­ment­ing on the lat­est threat, Na­tion­al Se­cu­ri­ty Min­is­ter Stu­art Young said he had al­ready spo­ken to both the act­ing Com­mis­sion­er of Pris­ons Dane Clarke and Com­mis­sion­er of Po­lice Gary Grif­fith about the con­tents of the re­port.

“Threats of vi­o­lence to any prison of­fi­cer or any of­fi­cer at­tached to any of the ser­vices un­der the Min­istry of Na­tion­al Se­cu­ri­ty will not be tol­er­at­ed. I have asked that an in­ter-agency ap­proach be de­ployed to deal with this in­ci­dent. This is be­ing treat­ed as a pri­or­i­ty and re­sources are be­ing de­ployed to deal with the threat,” Young stat­ed.

Link Text

Courtesy 2019-04-03 22:42:12 

I repeat:

Mr. bravos, I am still awaiting documentation of de Commish's statement.

And this time, I am giving Mr. bravos the benefit of the doubt that he is a pathological liar, a dunce and a braggadocious skunt - a deadly cocktail for a poster to be endowed with.

bravos 2019-04-03 23:09:03 

stdjones should volunteer to be the first murder for April.

sgtdjones 2019-04-04 00:14:23 

"Man shot in Chaguaramas"

A man was shot twice today at his Alcan Bay Home

Police said the man who is known to police, was at his home at around 6.30 am when he was shot in his back and neck by a gunman.

Residents in the area heard the gunfire and called police. Members of the Western Division were called in and the man was taken to the Port of Spain General Hospital where he underwent emergency surgery and was last listed in critical condition.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-04 00:16:07 

In reply to Courtesy

Ya fergats short, skinny with a big mouth.

lol

sgtdjones 2019-04-04 00:18:33 

3 people fooled and robbed, on All Fools Day

What at first seemed like an All Fool's Day prank, turned out to be a robbery at a store in Princes Town on Monday.

Around 9.15 a.m. a sales clerk at Courts on High Street said she placed two 40 inch Samsung televisions each valued $3,699 on a shelf and went into a stock room.

When she returned 20 minutes later, the televisions had mysteriously disappeared.

After searching the premises without success, she and her co-workers viewed CCTV footage which showed that a man entered the store, took up the televisions and walked out with them.

A report was made to the Princes Town CID and officers were given a description of the perpetrator.

PC Rampersad is continuing investigations.

In an unrelated incident, two Couva men who were tricked by a fake advertisement were robbed of $5,000 and their cell phones on All Fools Day.

The victims - aged 21 and 27 - were robbed by thieves who pretended they had a Nissan Tiida for sale.

On Monday around 6.15 p.m. the two victims went to London Street, La Romaine, where they were told they would meet someone to negotiate the sale of the car.

instead they were greeted by two men armed with guns, who held them up and took $5,000 cash which was intended to be a down payment on the car, and their cellphones valued $2,800.

The thieves ran off and escaped with cash and cellphones.

The victims reported the incident to the San Fernando CID and PC Gosine is continuing investigations.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-04 13:55:14 

Businessman goes to Beetham to make a sale, gets robbed

While waiting in a parked car to sell a cellular phone, a 66-year-old businessman was accosted and robbed on the Beetham Highway yesterday.

Chaz McQuanal, of Freeport, was robbed about 2.50 p.m. in the vicinity of Clear Water Gardens, police said.

According to police reports, McQuanal has an online business selling phones and had arranged to meet a man by the name of Akeil Williams.

However, while waiting, he was approached by two men, one of whom was armed with a firearm.The men announced a hold-up and took six cellular phones — five Samsung and one Huawei — valued at $28,500.

The assailants then escaped into the Beetham Gardens. The police were notified and officers from the Besson Street Police Station, including Cpl Maslier, are continuing enquiries.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-04 13:59:40 

Fyzabad man shot in chest

FYZABAD police are searching for a lone gunman who shot Christopher Morris in the chest yesterday at Delhi Road.

Morris, 51, is warded at the San Fernando General Hospital (SFGH) awaiting surgery to remove the bullet.

Reports said Morris was standing in the road near where he lived when a man dressed in black approached him.

He said the man, whom he did not know, whipped out a gun and shot him, then ran off.

The wounded man was taken to the Siparia District Health Facility where he was stabilised and transferred to the SFGH.

Police said they did not yet know the motive for the shooting.

Acting Sgt Boodlal of the Fyzabad police is investigating.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-05 00:53:50 

After years of abuse, cancer stricken woman beaten, strangled

A cancer stricken woman was found beaten and strangled to death on Sunday in her home in Penal.

An autopsy performed on the body Lisha Ramnath, 39, found that she died by manual strangulation and blunt force trauma to the head.

Ramnath lived at Clarke Road.

Relatives say that she was diagnosed with bone cancer in November.

She had been in an abusive relationship for about three years, and had obtained a restraining order against a man last year.

According to relatives, Ramnath, who had no children, was seen fighting and quarrelling with a man in the village. The man would often beat her savagely, and the assaults were so common that she was permanently disfigured, with cut lips, crossed eyes, and sunken face.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-05 00:55:09 

Man stops to buy burger, shot in the head, robbed

A MAN purchasing burgers at a stall was shot by a thief in South Oropouche on Wednesday.

Avinash Ramoutar, 32, of Rousillac was shot in the head.

His friend, Venezuelan Ronnieries Salazar, was also robbed but was not harmed.

Around 11.30 pm Ramoutar and Salazar pulled up in Ramoutar’s Mitsubishi Lancer at a burger stall at Mon Desir Road, South Oropouche.

The proprietor was serving them when two thieves wearing dark coloured clothing announced a hold up.

One of the assailants pointed a revolver at the proprietor and robbed him of $300.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-05 00:58:14 

Apr 4, 2019 Updated 8 hrs ago

Venezuelan man shot dead near El Pecos Grill

A Venezuelan national was shot dead near the corner of Ariapita Avenue and De Verteuil Street, Woodbrook, Port of Spain today.

The man’s identity was not immediately disclosed.

At around 10a.m. residents heard gunshots, and saw a vehicle speeding away.

Link Text

The killing happened near the popular El Pecos Grill.

sgtdjones 2019-04-05 01:01:50 

Missing man believed to have been killed in Venezuela

A Moruga man kidnapped at sea and taken to Venezuela in February, is believed to have been killed recently in that country. An image of the body of Adrian Hospedales, 28, who lived in Gran Chemin has been circulating on social media. He was a former soldier and a fisherman, villagers said. He often visited Venezuela and spoke Spanish.Hospedales was one of three fishermen who, on February 3, went fishing off the coast in Moruga and Spanish-speaking men snatched them. Two of the men, ages 29 and 22, were released about a week later.

Link Text

bravos 2019-04-05 01:13:20 

Sunday was March asshole.

A cancer stricken woman was found beaten and strangled to death on Sunday in her home in Penal.

He's not dead although you wish he was.

Ramoutar was taken to the San Fernando General Hospital where he was expected to undergo emergency surgery.

Is this one too?

Missing man believed to have been killed in Venezuela

It's one murder asshole..A Vene killed a Vene..

sgtdjones 2019-04-05 01:24:20 

In reply to bravos

Idiot, I know you can't count

I didn't count those

Venezuelan man shot dead near El Pecos Grill

Avinash Ramoutar, 32, of Rousillac was shot in the head.

A man was shot twice today at his Alcan Bay Home

Info sent to me said the above three passed away.

I guess as you say, you know everything that happens in T&T..you is darn clueless.

After years of abuse, cancer stricken woman beaten, strangled
Susan Mohammed Apr 4, 2019 Updated 8 hrs ago

They found her body but didn't know till 8 hours ago
the cause of death I didn't add it in last Month or it would be 123.

The mixture of two races when nature errs..can have dummies like you.

sgtdjones 2019-04-05 01:32:06 

In reply to bravos

I have used the figures from the link you provided...that's fine. But Mr. Bravos has said it was a "typo" and quotes de Commish as saying murders are down by 29%.

I called the COP Office today and they said Gary never quoted such?

Where did you get such info, since it never appeared in Newspapers or TV? Why can't you be truthful?

Courtesy 2019-04-05 01:40:29 

In reply to sgtdjones

...I called the COP Office today and they said Gary never quoted such?...

Oh yes?
Why can't you be truthful?

lol lol lol

"The answer my friend is blowing in the wind..."

bravos 2019-04-05 03:07:47 

Asshole the day the cause of death was established isn't the day the crime was committed,that crime was committed in March,furthermore f@ck your count,it's bogus and you are bogus.

And those people that were shot are not dead especially the one from Alcan bay!!

Stink man..

One murder for the month as of today,a Vene killed a Vene and that's it..we know you wish those people would just die so you won't have to change your dishonest and premature figure.

Asshole..

sgtdjones 2019-04-05 15:36:47 

Hit man stopped on the way to prison officer execution

Less than two days after the lives of prison officers were threatened, police have detained a man suspected to be a “hitman” on his way to kill a senior prison officer.

The suspect was detained on Wednesday night, at Oropune Gardens, Piarco, by officers of the Special Operations Response Team (SORT).

Police said they received intelligence that the man was targeting a first division prison officer, and was at the time on his way to pick up an accomplice.

Police said when the suspect was intercepted he was driving a vehicle that they suspect was stolen.

Prison officers have been on heightened alert since Monday after a confrontation in the Remand Yard Section of Golden Grove Prison in Arouca, led to a group of prisoners making open threats against officers, as well as the lives of their families.

Link Text

bravos 2019-04-05 22:08:24 

It's still 1 people..

bravos 2019-04-05 23:37:19 

Lying dutty piece of shit...why would you keep up 3 and it's only one? Hoping for the 2 nursing injuries to die ent..

sgtdjones 2019-04-06 00:54:44 

San­gre Grande man has been shot and wound­ed

A 35-year-old man San­gre Grande man has been shot and wound­ed. The in­ci­dent took place near Pi­ar­co Air Ser­vices

Ac­cord­ing to a po­lice re­port, at about 10.25 am po­lice of­fi­cers re­spond­ed to a shoot­ing at El So­cor­ro South where they found George Gilkes shot on the right shoul­der. He was in a ve­hi­cle when a gun­man opened fire.

Gilkes was tak­en to the Er­ic Wil­iams Med­ical Sci­ences Com­plex for med­ical treat­ment.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-06 00:55:55 

Lying dutty piece of shit.

When I drop by La Romaine, tell me that to my face ok...

lol

Still waiting for Gary 29% drop?

Wha happen ya lost it?

bravos 2019-04-06 01:12:38 

San­gre Grande man has been shot and wound­ed

"Murder # 4"

This month gonna be even lower than last month,this one looking like years' record low,to get a week out of the way with 3-4 murders would be awesome for T&T...

sgtdjones 2019-04-06 02:58:38 

1 hr ago

Murder suspect in custody

A 41-year-old Penal man was yesterday arrested in Chaguanas for the murder of Leisha ­Ramnath. The suspect, who lives on the same street as Ramnath, was ­detained by members of the ­Central Division Task Force. He was handed over to detectives of Homicide Region III to be questioned about Ramnath’s killing.

Leisha Ramnath, 39, was found dead in her bed in the upper floor of the house where she lived, at the corner of Clarke and Rampersad roads in Penal. Ramnath’s mother, a ­double amputee, and her epileptic ­brother live on the ground floor.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-06 03:02:00 

8 Hrs Ago

Assassination plot backfires: Hitman shoots ‘boss’

A 33-year-old man who is believed to have organised the death of an associate is in critical condition under police guard at the Port of Spain General Hospital after he was reportedly shot by the same man he hired to kill a businessman.

Police said the suspect met with his intended target, a 35-year-old Sangre Grande businessman, at El Socorro South at around 10.35 am yesterday to discuss a personal issue.
The businessman told the suspect to get into his car to talk, but he was hesitant.
After a while he got in and while they were talking, a gunman hired by the suspect fired at the car, hitting both the target and the man who hired him to do the killing.

The businessman was shot in the left shoulder and the suspect was shot in the chest.

Link Text

bravos 2019-04-06 11:49:02 

and thankfully they're both alive with non-life threatening injuries..

4 murders this week max..Sorry..

sgtdjones 2019-04-06 11:49:35 

Chemical engineer escapes 2nd hit on life

For the sec­ond time in weeks, busi­ness­man Ra­jesh Heer­alal sur­vived an at­tack against his life when his killer’s gun jammed af­ter the first three shots on Thurs­day.

In­ves­ti­ga­tors are prob­ing the the­o­ry that Heer­alal, 33, of Ch­agua­nas, a chem­i­cal en­gi­neer who man­u­fac­tures his own de­ter­gents, may have hit on his head which was put out by a com­peti­tor.

While po­lice con­tin­ued to search for Heer­alal’s at­tack­er yes­ter­day, it was sus­pect­ed he was a hired hit­man.

Ac­cord­ing to a re­port, Heer­alal and a work­er were car­ry­ing out sales out­side the Cher­ish Su­per­mar­ket along Latchoos Road, Pe­nal, at the time of the at­tack. While of­fload­ing liq­uid de­ter­gent from a truck, a man walked up, pulled out a gun that was hid­den in his pants and fired three shots at close range. Heer­alal was hit on his thigh, fore­arm and shoul­der, but as the gun­man at­tempt­ed to de­liv­er the kill shot the gun jammed. Sur­veil­lance footage showed that when the gun jammed the gun­man ran off, al­though still at­tempt­ing to fire more shots.

Pe­nal po­lice re­spond­ed to a re­port of the shoot­ing and Heer­alal was tak­en to the Pe­nal Health Cen­tre where he was treat­ed and trans­ferred to the San Fer­nan­do Gen­er­al Hos­pi­tal. Po­lice said he re­mained there in a sta­ble con­di­tion up to last night.

The gun­man was able to get away but po­lice were able to get a de­scrip­tion of him through the CCTV footage. The gun­man wore a blue jack­et, blue three-quar­ter den­im pants, a pair of slip­pers, a black cap and a pair of sun­glass­es.

In March, Heer­alal was in Bam­boo Set­tle­ment, Val­sayn, when a gun­man al­so at­tempt­ed to shoot him. Heer­alal got away on that oc­ca­sion. The at­tack­er then was dressed sim­i­lar­ly to the gun­man in yes­ter­day’s at­tack.

Link Text

bravos 2019-04-06 11:51:46 

Oh how this fool wishes those men were dead..

Well they're not..

Keep searching idiot.

There were 2 yesterday so now we're on 3 for the week and month,on a Saturday,that's REAL PROGRESS!!

Your copy and paste sources stickkin..

sgtdjones 2019-04-06 19:43:59 

St Anthony’s College schoolboy gunned down, Maloney man found dead

POLICE are investigating two murders that took place overnight in separate incidents, one involving a teenager in Laventille.

Police said Akil Phillips, 16, was near his Rebecca Trace, Laventille home when a group of men approached and shot him. A student of St Anthony's College, Phillips was taken to Port of Spain General Hospital by a relative, however, he was declared dead at 10.23 pm. The shooting, according to police, took place at about 10 pm.

In the second killing, Kenton Jackson, 25, was found murdered at about 5.15 pm at Piarco Old Road, Maloney. Jackson of Redhill, D'Abadie was found by residents who had earlier heard gunshots. Police have not determined a motive for either killings.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-06 19:45:05 

Waiting for when COP Gary said 29 % down in murders?

What happened you cant get a link.?

Why not start your own thread.

sgtdjones 2019-04-06 19:47:12 

GIRLS DRUGGED, RAPED

POLICE have noted a new trend developing in this country where predators, in order to avoid detection and prosecution, are resorting to drugging minors who are then raped. In some cases, the rape leads to a pregnancy that the child or teen cannot explain to her parents and the police. This has led the police to issue new warnings to young girls and their parents to be extra vigilant.

In confirming that sexual penetration continues to be the number one offence committed against minors in TT, Sgt Michelle Lewis of the Child Protection Unit (CPU) yesterday confirmed to Newsday, that drugs are being administered via food or drinks to minors who are then raped but are left with no recollection of the assault.

Lewis spoke on the issue with Newsday after addressing the weekly police press briefing at the Police Administration Building, Port of Spain. She said there have been cases of minors being drugged either through food or drink and later learn they are pregnant without having any recollection of how it happened.

Rape in Paradise

sgtdjones 2019-04-06 19:49:44 

D’Abadie man gunned down

Po­lice are yet to find a mo­tive for the mur­der of D’Abadie res­i­dent Ken­ton Jack­son.

Ac­cord­ing to a po­lice re­port, at about 5 30 pm yes­ter­day, Jack­son was walk­ing along the Pi­ar­co Old Road in D’Abadie when a gun­man walked up to him and shot him six times.

Jack­son died on the scene.

In­ves­ti­ga­tions are con­tin­u­ing.

Link Text

bravos 2019-04-06 19:52:51 

It's 3 you lying asshole..at 1 you wished the 3 now at 3 you wishing the 6..

The Vene Wednesday

The teen Yesterday

The Dabadie man Yesterday

3 not 6

What a sad disgusting bad wishing person..

You wish all those other inured people would die..

Courtesy 2019-04-06 20:16:32 

Sgtjones are you sleeping on you? It's time for an update.

sgtdjones 2019-04-07 13:29:52 

In reply to Courtesy

Fiscal year-end March 31st , very busy

Now you see why this idiot bravos is clueless

I am getting the latest news, didn't have time
to post them and him braying.

sigh

sgtdjones 2019-04-07 13:30:51 

Five shot, three die

Five people were shot in Diego Martin and Morvant on Saturday night.

Three have died. One is a young woman.

In Diego Martin, 21-year-old Josanne Ragoonanan, and 38-year-old Peter Carrera, were killed.

At about 10.15p.m. residents of Tomato Drive, Diego Martin, heard someone call out Carrera’s name, then gunshots.

The couple was found on the ground in their home.

Officers from the Western Division and the Homicide Bureau, visited the scene.

About two hours later, officers received information of a second shooting incident along Laventille Road Extension, Morvant.

Three people, including a woman, were shot.

They were all taken to the Mt Hope Hospital, where one of the men died. The identifies of the three were not immediately known.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-07 13:33:10 

'Jobless men with gold chain and Benz'

POLICE Commissioner Gary Griffith said yesterday legislation to target people’s unexplained wealth and property will help police fight white-collar crime.

Attorney General Faris Al-Rawi earlier said Griffith had brought similar legislation when he was national security minister under the former People’s Partnership government.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-07 13:34:49 

Teen murdered on way to grandma’s

A SIXTEEN-year-old boy, armed only with a cell phone, bread and a tin of sausage, was brutally murdered as he made his way to his grandmother's home for dinner on Friday night.

Akil Phillips had, minutes earlier, closed up shop near his Rebecca Trace, Block 22, Laventille, home and was headed to grandma’s house when he was attacked, robbed of his Samsung J5 and killed. Police said the shooting took place around 10.15 pm. At 10.23 pm he was pronounced dead on arrival at the Port of Spain General Hospital after he was brought there by a relative.

Phillips wasn't the only person killed on Friday. According to police, Kenton Jackson, 25, was found murdered at Piarco Old Road, Maloney. Jackson of Redhill, D'Abadie was found by residents around 5.15 pm. They told police they had earlier heard gunshots and found his body. Police have not determined a motive for his killing.

Link Text

bravos 2019-04-07 13:50:32 

You got your 6 asshole you don't have to repeat the same stories..There were 3 last night in 2 incidents..and you must be thrilled you fucking stinking human..keep pushing the list,you may be even glad if the next one is a relative or friend so you could fake bawl for your dark agenda..just as you fake bawled and made one unfortunate murder into THE WHOLE FAMILY in MORUGA after they died in the fire.

You are dangerous..

Keep pushing and hoping for larger numbers you not gonna get it..

6 Murders a week is now a very bad week in T&T..prepare for weeks with even less losers..

Courtesy 2019-04-07 14:00:30 

In reply to bravos

6 Murders a week is now a very bad week in T&T..prepare for weeks with even less losers..

Good to see you have a handle on how many murders take place in TNT every week.

Congrats!!!!

Now watch him cuss me even when I compliment him.

big grin

sgtdjones 2019-04-07 14:04:20 

In reply to Courtesy

Remember dem slow in reporting

They don't list ones that were shot and dies a few weeks later.

Look how many were shot and lucky to survive, no stats about this.

He not going to church, so cussing on the way
when one cannot justify the news.

lol lol lol

BeatDball 2019-04-07 17:51:46 

In reply to sgtdjones Same here in NYC, they are reporting violent stuff days later...I'm seeing a pattern - a socishitist way of 'softening' the impact on mom, dad & granny! Alyuh agree with me?

confused

sgtdjones 2019-04-07 21:20:23 

In reply to BeatDball

Yes, you are spot on.

Today's paper has Friday's murder.

When shot and should they die a week later
It is not covered in the newspapers.

let bravos bray it suits him. Ah waiting fer the 29 % reduction he claims to date?

sgtdjones 2019-04-07 21:46:28 

American national robbed in PoS
LOOP NEWS CREATED : 7 APRIL 2019 CRIME

An American national, who was walking through Port of Spain on Friday afternoon, was robbed.

The victim, a 59-year-old man from Jamaica Avenue, New York, was robbed while standing along South Quay, Port of Spain, in the vicinity of the Diego Martin Taxi Stand.

According to police reports, around 3.30 pm on Friday, the victim was standing at the side of the roadway with his gold bracelet valued TT$9,000 on his right wrist.

While standing there, he felt a tug from behind.

The 59-year-old old immediately turned around and saw a man of African descent, slim built, 5’ 6” tall, dark complexion, low beard, narrow face wearing a blue polo jersey, long blue jeans and blue cap, running in an easterly direction along Wrightson Road.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-07 21:48:16 

Wig-wearing thieves rob six in Princes Town

Princes Town police are investigating a report of a robbery in which the assailants were wearing wigs and bandanas.

Six persons, including two women aged 24 and 28, were robbed in this incident.

No injuries were reported.

According to police reports, around 10 pm, the six were at a parlour along Nagee Rd, New Grant, when two men wearing wigs and bandanas ran into the shop.

They were both armed with firearms and announced a hold up.

They then proceeded to relieve the victims of their cash and valuables – which from initial estimates had a cumulative value of over $14,000.

The robbers fled the scene in a white sedan which was parked outside.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-07 21:49:45 

Coast Guardsman beaten and robbed

A 31-year-old Coast Guardsman was beaten and robbed at gunpoint in Laventille.

The officer was said to have been at Desperlie Crescent, in his beige Nissan Almera, valued at $60,000, when around 9.20 pm on Friday, he was approached by three men.

One of the suspects pulled out a firearm and announced a hold-up.

They proceeded to beat the 31-year-old about the body, before relieving him of his cash, valuables, and cellular phone.

One of the men then entered the Almera and drove off, leaving his accomplices behind.

Link Text

Ex-cop T&T’s most wanted

ACCUSED child killer Darwin Ghouralal is one of Trinidad and Tobago’s most wanted.

The police officer is supposed to stand trial for the 2011 murder of eight-year-old Daniel Guerra.

Ghouralal, a police detective who was regularly featured in the media capturing criminals during his 15 years of service, has been on the run for almost six years.

His colleagues have been mandated by a bench warrant from a High Court judge to arrest him.

Ghouralal had previously been in custody for Daniel’s murder, but was freed by a magistrate after a prelimi­nary enquiry in the San Fernando Magistrates’ Court cleared him of the charge.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-08 00:36:11 

Murder in Never Dirty

A Laventille man is dead after a shooting in Thompson Lane, Never Dirty, Morvant. The victim has been identified as Kareem Garcia, 27, who lived in the area. Two other people identified as Fay-ann Cordner and Michael Edwards, also from the same area were shot, and are now being treated at hospital.

According to police reports, Garcia, Cordner and Edwards were liming with a group of people on Thompson Lane on Saturday when at about 10.30 pm gunshots rang out.

Residents in the area checked and found the three on the road bleeding from gunshot wounds. All three were taken to the Port of Spain General Hospital where Garcia was declared dead on arrival.

Thompson was shot in her lower back, while Edwards was shot in his left buttocks. Both are said to be resting in a stable condition at hospital.

A witness told police shortly after the shooting, a white wagon was seen speeding off from the area of the shooting, along Laventille Road Extension. No arrest has been made and Homicide Region 2 detectives are continuing investigations.

Link Text

7 days ....8 murders

sgtdjones 2019-04-08 17:27:01 

Machine gun murder in Morvant

The bloodshed continued on Sunday, with the murder of 25-year-old Stephen Joseph.

Joseph, 25, also known as “Goat” of Thompson Trace, off Laventille Extension, Morvant, was shot dead.

According to police reports, at about 11.45p.m. on Sunday, residents of Thompson Trace heard what sounded like machine gun fire.

When police arrived, they found the body of Joseph, with wounds to his head, back, and buttocks.

The mur­der toll jumped to 134 on Sun­day night with the killing of a 25-year-old man from Mor­vant.

Link Text

Ac­cord­ing to a po­lice re­port, Stephen Joseph, al­so known as Goat, of Thomp­son Trace, off Laven­tille Ex­ten­sion, Mor­vant, was shot dead at about 11.45 pm not far from his home.

Po­lice said he was shot mul­ti­ple times in the head, back, and but­tocks. Po­lice re­cov­ered 32 spent shells on the scene be­lieved to be from an au­to­mat­ic weapon.

Young: 290 girls reported missing since 2018

sgtdjones 2019-04-08 17:35:09 

Soldier shot while protecting woman
by

Sun Apr 07 2019

A sol­dier was shot while pro­tect­ing a woman, af­ter ban­dits at­tempt­ed to rob her at gun­point in Curepe yes­ter­day.

Ac­cord­ing to re­ports, at around 1.30 am Mark Brooks, a 31-year-old sol­dier of Church Street, Ari­ma, was tak­ing a woman to her home at Sp­inger Street when they were ap­proached by three men.

One of the men was hold­ing a gun and said it was a rob­bery while point­ing the weapon at the woman.

Po­lice said Brooks took ac­tion and pushed her out of the way.

Two gun­shots rang out, and Brooks was hit in the low­er chest.

The three men fled the scene.

The woman took Brooks to the Er­ic Williams Med­ical Sci­ence Com­plex where he un­der­went surgery

He has been list­ed in a sta­ble con­di­tion.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-09 13:44:11 

Husband reported missing
20 hrs ago

Police need the public's help in locating 37-year-old Dale Hamil.

Dale, of Lalbeharry Trace, Debe, was last seen by his wife at 10pm, on Saturday at the family home.

He was later reported missing on Sunday 7th April, 2019, to the Barrackpore Police Station, by his wife.

Dale is of mixed descent, 5 feet 10 inches tall, slim built with a dark brown complexion, beard and curly hair. He was last seen wearing a red and blue striped football jersey, black ¾ pants and slippers.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-09 13:45:46 

40 Minutes Ago
Morvant man killed while playing football

A 45-year-old Morvant man was killed last night while playing football in the parking lot of the apartment complex where he lived.

Police said Andie Simon was at the Las Alturas Housing Development, when a car slowed down and two men came out and shot him several times before escaping.

Residents heard the gunfire and saw Simon bleeding on the ground.

Link Text

They took him to the Port of Spain General Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Homicide investigators went to the scene and found four spent shells.

Police said Simon was originally from Enterprise, Chaguanas, but moved to Morvant ten years ago.

12 murders .....9 days

sgtdjones 2019-04-09 14:05:51 

In reply to bravos

Check out bravos comments in the last 7 days

He and others with agendas push fake numbers...there were many more murders for the comparative period last year..

I'm not asking you...

stdjones should volunteer to be the first murder for April.

One murder for the month as of today,a Vene killed a Vene and that's it..we know you wish those people would just die so you won't have to change your dishonest and premature figure.

Lying dutty piece of shit...why would you keep up 3 and it's only one? Hoping for the 2 nursing injuries to die ent..

This month gonna be even lower than last month,this one looking like years' record low,to get a week out of the way with 3-4 murders would be awesome for T&T...

Keep searching idiot.

There were 2 yesterday so now we're on 3 for the week and month,on a Saturday,that's REAL PROGRESS!!

Your copy and paste sources stickkin..

It's 3 you lying asshole..at 1 you wished the 3 now at 3 you wishing the 6..

You got your 6 asshole you don't have to repeat the same stories..There were 3 last night in 2 incidents..and you must be thrilled you fucking stinking human

The mur­der toll jumped to 134 on Sun­day night with the killing of a 25-year-old man from Mor­vant.

Link Text

As I posted above the newspaper article notes how many for the year....12 for this month to date.

bravos missing ???? whey the 29 % reduction?

bravos 2019-04-09 14:15:54 

It's 8 idiot,different articles and writings on same murders,wishing the 12 now are we?

Keep making sport idiots,the murder rate is much lower than last year and getting lower every month and will be significantly lower than last year..

sgtdjones 2019-04-09 16:26:29 

In reply to bravos

Humans don't like to be called dumb and stupid.

bravos you are dumb and stupid!!!!.

At the end of March, newspapers posted 122 murders.

In today's newspapers, they noted 134 murders to date.

Since you are a Trump University graduate 134 minus 122 = 12

see how easy it is.

lol lol lol

Courtesy 2019-04-09 16:27:28 

In reply to sgtdjones

It nah easy for bravos. That's like Einstein's theory of relativity to him.

lol lol lol

bravos 2019-04-09 16:40:35 

You idiots quoting bad figures..typical dictation clerks..

It was 123 to end of last month and 132 as of today in Morvant..

Like it or not the total is going to be significantly less this year..

And clown #2 archive this post up yuh rass too till Jan 1st 2020 if you wanna be useful..

Courtesy 2019-04-09 16:49:45 

In reply to bravos

Show us the proof of the 123 and 132 figures...provide a link. I for one believe nothing you post after you misquoted the Commisioner of Police so badly.

Sgtjones provided the TNT Guardian link. You have provided zilch so far.

From now on, get into the habit of providing proof for your assertions. You are not believable even when something is staring you in the face.

Courtesy 2019-04-09 16:56:16 

In reply to bravos

...And clown #2 archive this post up yuh rass too till Jan 1st 2020 if you wanna be useful..

Your stupidity knows no bounds.

sgtdjones 2019-04-09 21:09:43 

In reply to Courtesy

Notes from bravos when I posted 123 murders last month.

19/03/19 22:30:13
Cunnie hole there have been 30 murders less than last year as of today,and this year's total is going to be over 100 less than last year,deal with it..

19/03/19 13:56:02
Asshole that was already posted and the man seems to have died naturally..It has not been classified as murder but hey feel free to add to your total..

Blood tusty buck..

Get a life..

Asshole you counting the same incidents and updates as more murders...

You even waay off the figures of the staunchest local critics...

No credibility..

bravos Joined: 14-Oct-2009
In reply to che

Yup ...Totally..

Either that or a fake refugee looking for justification for his lies of the 80's-90's...

Sad life..Lied on and sold out his country to pick strawberries in Canada..

link bravos Joined: 14-Oct-2009
Tusty fo Trini blood...conflicted fake refugee of the 80's still looking for relevance and validation in 2019..

That dead corrupt soldier..had it comin..first in days and not one any decent Trini would lose sleep over..

The murder toll is 123 for 2019 year.

I quoted the above on the 1st April 2019.

10 less ....bravos 29% less he claims

bravos 01/04/19 19:22:17

link bravos Joined: 14-Oct-2009

bravos Joined: 14-Oct-2009
You got your 6 asshole you don't have to repeat the same stories..There were 3 last night in 2 incidents..and you must be thrilled you fucking stinking human

I showed where the latest toll is 134 and put a link.

First, he didn't believe we had 123 murders till the end of March 2019...now he quotes such !!!!!

bravos get help, you need it before that bubble burst.

You are acting like Trump ......lies lies and more lies.

sgtdjones 2019-04-09 21:39:44 

An Hour Ago
Gasparillo man shot while playing cards

A Gasparillo man is fighting for his life after he was shot while playing a game of cards.

Keron Williamson, 35 was shot twice in the lower back.

Police said about 10 pm on Monday, Williamson was sitting in front of his house playing cards with friends when a man wearing a black hoodie and with a bandana covering his face approached the group and began shooting. The gunman then ran away.

Williamson was taken to the San Fernando General Hospital, where he had emergency surgery. Medical sources said he is in a critical condition.

Several people were questioned. Police said no motive for the shooting has been determined.

Gasparillo police are investigating.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-11 01:34:24 

Shopkeeper shot dead in La Horquetta

5 hours ago
Wed Apr 10 2019

Police at Plover Crescent, La Horquetta where a shopkeeper was shot dead.

Po­lice are in­ves­ti­gat­ing a mur­der in La Hor­quet­ta that oc­curred Wednes­day af­ter­noon.

Ac­cord­ing to re­ports, a shop­keep­er was gunned down in La Hor­quet­ta at his shop on Plover Cres­cent.

He has been iden­ti­fied so far as 'John­nie'.

More when it be­comes avail­able.

Link Text

Narper 2019-04-11 02:33:05 

In reply to sgtdjones

Officers are looking for a male in his 30s, approximately 5'8'' to 5'9'' with a thin moustache and stocky build. Police say he was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt with a white shirt underneath.

This is Toronto's 17th homicide of the year

link

sgtdjones 2019-04-11 14:09:44 

This woman has been missing for a week

Police need help in locating 18-year-old Deja Ward.

Deja, was last seen leaving her Maloney Gardens, D’Abadie home, around 10a.m. on April 3.

She was reported missing to the Maloney Police Station, the following day.

Deja is of African descent, 5 feet 6 inches tall and slim built with a brown complexion and shoulder length hair. She was last seen wearing a black top and a pair of blue jeans pants.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-11 14:15:23 

Bandit steals cash, bottle of Johnnie Walker

St Joseph police are on the hunt for a man who robbed a recreation club in St Augustine last night.

Police said the man entered the A and R Recreation Club at around 8.40 pm and ordered the workers and patrons at the bar to "get on the ground."

The bandit kicked one man in the face and took a gold bera, a Huawei cell phone and wallet containing US $500 and TT$400.

He also stole a Blu cell phone from another customer, $8000 from the cash register and a bottle of Johnnie Walker.

He ran away from the bar.

Police are investigating.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-11 14:18:18 

13 hrs ago
Shopkeeper gunned down in La Horquetta

A moth­er got her worst night­mare on Wednesday when she saw the body of her mur­dered son cir­cu­lat­ing on so­cial me­dia from her home in New York.

Christo­pher “John­nie” Kan­hai, a shop­keep­er was shot dead right at his par­lour at Chameleon Av­enue, in Phase 6, La Hor­quet­ta. An­oth­er man, po­lice said, was al­so shot and wound­ed.

The in­ci­dent oc­curred at about 2 pm.

The fa­ther of the mur­der vic­tim, Ter­rence Nanan, stood in shock as he looked at the life­less body of his son sprawled across the par­lour’s en­trance.

He said min­utes af­ter his son was killed a pho­to of his son’s body was post­ed on so­cial me­dia. This prompt­ed his wife to call him to ask if it was true.

While po­lice are yet to de­ter­mine a mo­tive for the killing, res­i­dents be­lieve that there was an on­go­ing turf war in the area where sense­less shoot­ings and mur­ders were tak­ing place.

The mur­der toll is now at 136.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-11 14:22:21 

In reply to Narper

This is Toronto's 17th homicide of the year

The mur­der toll is now at 136 In T&T.

I am skeptical I will ever see such numbers in T&T as you posted about Toronto.
You have Governments that provide safe environments for its citizens. The Citizens dont live behind gates , bars on windows etc. When such happens its a failed state.

sad sad

100 days .....136 murders

BeatDball 2019-04-11 15:31:53 

In reply to sgtdjones I shall say no more - I'm chupidee!

evil

sgtdjones 2019-04-11 23:12:42 

Gary to reduce police stations from 77 to 30

There are 77 police stations spread throughout Trinidad and Tobago, manned by 2,300 police officers.

But do we need so many police stations?

According to Commissioner of Police Gary Griffith, the answer is no.

Speaking at a community meeting at Mayaro/Rio Claro Regional Corporation yesterday, Griffith said he intends to reduce the number of police station to about 30.

And soon citizens would have no reason to visit police stations as reports can be filed online.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-11 23:13:28 

In reply to BeatDball

Soon bravos come and tell us what the commish
stats shows and how its down by 29%.
rolleyes

sgtdjones 2019-04-11 23:22:37 

La Romaine drive-by leaves car with bullet holes

POLICE have received no report of injuries to people following a drive-by shooting in La Romaine last night. Police said that shortly after 7, residents of Phyllis Street saw occupants in a moving car firing shots indiscriminately in the air. Residents along that street were at the time indoors and there were no reports of injuries.

La Romaine police post and San Fernando CID officers visited the scene and found a car parked at the side of the road with several bullet holes. They also found several spent shells nearby. Up to press time, no arrests were made.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-11 23:27:52 

2 hrs ago

Driver shot dead in Glencoe

Po­lice are in­ves­ti­gat­ing a shoot­ing in­ci­dent in Glen­coe, in which one man has been killed.

The in­ci­dent is said to have oc­curred just be­fore 4 pm Thurs­day at Hi­land Plaza.

The vic­tim was at the time dri­ving a ve­hi­cle which sub­se­quent­ly crashed in­to part of the plaza's food court.

We'll have more in­for­ma­tion when we get it.

Link Text

100 days .....137 murders

sgtdjones 2019-04-12 14:14:02 

Gunman fires on SUV, Venezuelan killed
45 min ago

This was the fourth homicide reported over a 24 hour period.

This was the fourth homicide reported over a 24 hour period. Some 45-minutes later 57-year-old Curtis Valentine Serrette aka Papa, was shot dead in a bar in Morvant. About 5 p.m. Serrette, of Paradise Heights, Morvant, was at Club Exclusive along Lady Young Avenue, Morvant, when an armed man entered the premises. The gunman attempted to force a woman into a room at gunpoint. Serrette attempted to intervene and was shot by the assailant.

The armed man fled the scene, while Serrete was rushed to the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex where he died while receiving treatment. The incident was captured on CCTV and the footage has been handed over to investigators.

Rodriguez is the second Venezuelan national to be killed in a week. Last Thursday asylum seeker Alexander Cedeno Roroba was murdered near the UNHCR office on Ariapita Avenue.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-12 18:53:32 

These Venezuelans among four killed by cops
40 min ago

Killed Ronniel Miguel Lara and one man only identified, as Freddie, both of Venezuela.

Four men, including two Venezuelan nationals, were killed following a police involved shooting incident early this morning.

This is the official police version of events:

At around 3.15 am, a team of officers from the Inter-Agency Task Force, went to the home of a suspect at Tořrington Drive, Edinburgh 500, Chaguanas, to execute a search warrant for arms and ammunition.

Upon entering the house, the officers were greeted with gunfire. The officers returned fire, hitting all four male occupants in the house.

The men were taken to Chaguanas Health Facility where they succumbed to their injuries. Two pistols and a quantity of ammunition were subsequently recovered.

The men have since been identified as Richard Wilson of Chaguanas, Demell Howell of Maloney, Ronniel Miguel Lara and one man only identified, as Freddie, both of Venezuela.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-12 19:06:17 

Who stabbed Gary?

A PATHOLOGIST was unable to determine if a South Oropouche man knifed himself to death of if someone stabbed him.

An autopsy at the Forensic Sciences Centre on the body of Gary Walters, 55, proved inconclusive, police were told.

Walters bled to death on the floor of his living room on Tuesday night.

His wife, Kamla Rangoo, and Sheldon Rangoo, found him motionless and called police and ambulance.Police said that the case remains open, and they will further interview relatives and neighbours as they continue investigations into his death.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-12 19:09:25 

One man held with gun, ammo

less than hour ago
Fri Apr 12 2019

One man has been ar­rest­ed by of­fi­cers of the North­ern Di­vi­sion Task Force (NDTF), af­ter he was found in pos­ses­sion of a firearm and am­mu­ni­tion.

Ear­li­er to­day, of­fi­cers of the NDTF Area West, re­spond­ed to a re­port of a rob­bery in progress and had cause to stop and search a sil­ver Nis­san Ti­i­da mo­tor ve­hi­cle be­ing dri­ven by a known pri­or­i­ty of­fend­er.

The ve­hi­cle was searched and re­sult­ed in of­fi­cers find­ing a Glock 17 pis­tol loaded with 10 rounds of am­mu­ni­tion.

The sus­pect was ar­rest­ed and in­ves­ti­ga­tions are con­tin­u­ing.

Mean­while, one re­volver with a lone round of am­mu­ni­tion was found hid­den in a bushy area along Sun­flower Dri­ve, Farm Road, St. Joseph.

No ar­rests were made in con­nec­tion with this find.

Link Text

12 days 23 dead

sgtdjones 2019-04-12 21:28:35 

7-month baby's throat slash in triple-murder/suicide

Dad, mom, children found dead in car in Toco

Updated 27 min ago

POLICE are at the scene of a massacre in Toco where a Chaguanas man is suspected to have killed his two children, his wife and then himself.

Residents of Hambug Trace spotted the vehicle which was strange to the area around 1 p.m.. It was parked near a mango tree.

By 3 p.m. when the vehicle remained in the same spot, a resident peeped in and made the horrific discovery.

Toco police observed that the man was seated in the driver’s seat, blood covered his chest.

A child was seated in the front passenger’s seat, a woman and a baby in the back seat all were unresponsive.

When the Toco police came they said they saw a man dead on the driver’s seat, a child on the front passengers seat, a woman dead in the back and a baby on the backseat”, he said.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-12 21:31:41 

Four Venezuelan 'sex slaves' rescued by cops

The Special Operations Response Team (SORT), the AntiKidnapping Unit (AKU) and officers of the Western Division have rescued four Venezuelan nationals, who were reportedly kidnapped.

The rescue occurred around 11:50am, on Friday at a house located at Union Road, Four Roads, Diego Martin.

Missing persons reports were filed at the St. James Police Station, after two of the women, did not return to where they were staying; after leaving earlier in the day to go in search of apartments to rent in the St. James area.

Acting on intelligence, officers went to the house in Diego Martin, where they rescued a total of four women, who were being held hostage at the residence.Officers have since arrested three men for kidnapping, robbery and sexually assaulting these women. Several units of the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service are now involved in this investigation.

Link Text

Paradise ...sigh

sgtdjones 2019-04-12 21:37:23 

12 days 23 dead

sad

bravos 2019-04-12 21:47:39 

In reply to sgtdjones

you crazy fucker it was 124 at the end of March and it's 141 now...

Narper 2019-04-12 21:56:22 

In reply to sgtdjones

I will say it again

A state of emergency is needed. The country needs a break.

The police is losing this war to the organized criminals

The poor people are also frustrated and family killing family...everybody on edge

Tolerance is gone

sgtdjones 2019-04-12 22:54:36 

In reply to bravos

Still waiting for the link to the 29% reduction that the commish told you about?

Still in that bubble ..huh?

sgtdjones 2019-04-12 23:02:16 

In reply to Narper

Narps

When a government cannot provide a safe haven for
its citizens, Chaos reigns supreme.Its a failed state.

High Unemployment, more layoffs looms, crime escalates,
murders increase, family suicides, there is a lack of hope.

No paradise exists..maybe in a bubble.

Watch the murders this weekend, it will escalate.

A sad situation brought on by failed Governments
of the past.

Gary is being set up, since he is UNC.Imbert telling him
how he has all the money he needs,and he cant pay the T&TPS
bills.

Election coming , watch Growley say we put their best UNC
security minister and he cannot do the job.

sad sad

The murder toll is 123 for 2019 year.

I quoted the above on the 1st April 2019.

10 less ....bravos 29% less he claims

bravos 2019-04-13 00:27:26 

You very happy to know a man killed his wife and three kids..

Congrats..

Your enthusiastic ill-wishing is disgusting..

And it's now 17 with that horrific incident..

bravos 2019-04-13 00:28:49 

In reply to Narper

No SOE,as bad as it is and one murder is one too many this rate isn't unprecedented..Year end will be much lower than last year.

Narper 2019-04-13 01:06:39 

In reply to bravos

Year end will be much lower than last year

year end is 8 months away

This is classic destabilization of a country...this is organized crime...this is collusion between the local mafia and foreign

GaryG is rocking the boat big time...and this is the big push back....my guess is the biggest push back is coming from right within the police force

SOE is necessary

bravos 2019-04-13 01:30:48 

In reply to Narper

Yup the boat is being bolstered from the south!

Read every line..

sgtdjones 2019-04-13 02:07:09 

In reply to bravos

Idiot, when we had over 500 murders

Was it the Venezuelans then?

You are really dumb and stupid to boot.

Still waiting for the link to the 29% reduction that the commish told you about?

bravos 2019-04-13 04:49:11 

F@ck you we don't need any outside help,one additional murder is also one too many,they must be condemned in the strongest of terms you stinking T&T hater..

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/some-criminals-are-among-migrants-6.2.823765.e216452b60

sgtdjones 2019-04-13 22:12:35 

You are one insecure , immature dumb and stupid human being.

I doubt you have the ability to comprehend what you read,
just by what you post.

The dumbest Trini I know.

You posted 29% reduction in Murders? where is the proof?

Reduction by year ending ? where is the proof?

Blaming other citizens for the murder rate? How many foreign citizens were involved in such an increase last year?

Posting I am wishing you and your family to be murdered?

You see why I am asking you to get off my thread Please

Your posting just embarrass Trini's world wide.

rolleyes rolleyes

sgtdjones 2019-04-14 03:05:42 

Venezuelan ‘sex slaves’ rescued: 3 men to face charges

THE three men arrested on Friday following the rescue of four Venezuelan women from a residence in Diego Martin that was disguised as a police station, are facing charges of kidnapping, robbery and sexual assault.

Once charged, the men are expected to appear before a Port of Spain Magistrate later this week. Up to yesterday evening, investigating officers said the men, who are all in the 20s, were in custody at separate police stations in the Western Division and were being questioned in connection with the offences as well as other similar offences involving missing women.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-14 03:08:34 

Couva man killed, relative in custody
7 Minutes Ago

A 42-year-old Couva man is dead and a male relative in police custody after the two had a fight at their Savonetta home on Friday night.

According to police, Terry Eli was beaten by the 34-year-old male relative who took him to San Fernando General Hospital after the incident. Eli, police said, died as a result of the beating around 2 am yesterday and the suspect surrendered at Couva Police Station and is assisting them with their investigations.

Link Text

14 days ...24 murdered

sgtdjones 2019-04-14 19:04:29 

Update

Dead after brutal beating at home

Central Division police are investigating the death of a Couva man on Saturday.

Terry Ellie, 44, died while being treated at the Couva District Hospital at around 2pm.

Police said Ellie was involved in an altercation with a 34-year-old relative at his Savonetta home at around 2am.

He was savagely beaten on the head and about the body, police said.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-14 19:08:42 

Another teen girl missing
4 in past week

ANOTHER teenage girl has gone missing. For the past week, the police have e-mailed four press releases highlighting the disappearance of four teenagers.

In a press release yesterday, they said they were seeking the urgent assistance of the public in finding 15-year-old Aaliyah Ramsingh.

She was last seen leaving her Edinburgh 500, Chaguanas home at about 9.45 am on Thursday. She was reported missing to the Chaguanas Police Station that day by her uncle.

On Thursday, the police issued a release saying 16-year-old Jenais Fortune of Mc Inroy Street, Curepe was missing. She was last seen by her mother on Sackville Street in Port of Spain at 9.45 am on Monday, heading to a job interview.

On Tuesday, the police said Amiyah Mohammed, 14, was missing. She was last seen leaving her Lawrence Park, Arima home at 7.30 pm on January 18. She was reported missing to the Arima Police Station on January 22 by her grandmother.

Amiyah is of East Indian descent, five foot two inches tall and slim-built with a light brown complexion and long black hair.

Then last Monday, the police highlighted the disappearance of Williamsville resident Shania Ramjitsingh, 17. The teen, from Brothers Settlement, was last seen by her sister at 5.30 pm last Saturday, at a mini-mart near their home.

Link Text

bravos 2019-04-14 20:17:51 

18 for the month so far..

Narper 2019-04-14 21:18:46 

THE killing of four people, including a disabled man, in separate incidents in the Chaguaramas, Beetham Gardens and Chaguanas areas between Saturday night and Sunday morning has taken the country’s murder toll for the year so far to 145.

For the corresponding period last year, the murder toll stood at 151.

Express

BeatDball 2019-04-14 21:36:52 

Man! Wtf is going on in an island country of 1.3 million folks? Fact!
confused evil

sgtdjones 2019-04-14 23:26:05 

In reply to Narper

bravos ......124 + 18 = 142..Its the Venes Fault.

Country’s murder toll for the year so far to 145.

For the corresponding period last year, the murder toll stood at 151.

But ,but he claims the commish said 29% reduction in murders?

The commish told he people.

rolleyes rolleyes

Excludes over 250 women missing?

Don't post such stats bravos go claim you wishing he and family bad luck in he Paradise.

sgtdjones 2019-04-14 23:27:51 

This cop was stabbed in a bar brawl

An off-duty police officer was stabbed during a bar brawl in Siparia on Saturday night.

Police Constable Sterling Martin, who is attached to the Guard and Emergency Branch, was at a bar along Coora Road, when the incident occurred at around 10 p.m.

A police report stated that Martin was attacked when he attempted to subdue an irate patron.

Police said the man walked into the bar, holding a glass bottle, and began using obscene language.

Martin cautioned the man who became enraged.

Police said the man broke the bottle and hit the officer a blow to the left side of the face.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-14 23:30:57 

Narps

Murders without end: Disabled man among 4 killed

Update 1 hour ago

In the first incident, investigating officers said sometime on Saturday night, security guard Roger Borriel, had just completed duties in Chaguaramas when, upon leaving his place of work, he was ambushed by gunmen and shot dead in the vicinity of Bowen Marine, along the Western Main Road.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-14 23:37:35 

In reply to BeatDball

What problem? We doh have one ,it's the Venezuelans fault.

Ask bravos the commish told he we have a 29% reduction in murders and we go have 30% reduction by year end.

The commish didn't mention 250 women missing over the last year, he fergats dat one.

See, its Paradise ah tell ya.

Narper 2019-04-15 01:09:37 

In reply to sgtdjones

Archbishop: Trinis too angry

AS the country’s murder toll continues to climb, Archbishop Charles Jason Gordon is questioning why are citizens so angry. That anger, he said, was contributing to the violence now plaguing the country.

link

TheTrail 2019-04-15 02:35:51 

Is it the unemployment in these Islands that are contributing to this violence?

Are they too many gangs roaming the streets?
What is causing this?

I am convinced that if we young men live to reach 40 years old, we should hold one big party and thank the Almighty.

How come there are not that many young women carrying out these stupid acts?

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-15 03:19:48 

In reply to TheTrail

IN the last year T&T have over 250 women missing?

Is your question answered?

sad

sgtdjones 2019-04-15 14:09:36 

An Hour Ago

Maracas Mayhem: One dead, three wounded at Bake and Shark stand

Police are working to find the motive surrounding the murder of one man and the wounding of three others at a Bake and Shark Stand along the North Coast Road, Maracas last night.
Police said Kiedon Williams was liming near Uncle Sam's bar at around 9.45 pm when he was shot several times. He died at the scene and three others, Dominic Wong, 20, Atiba Sheppard, 27 and Anthony Garraway, 27 were also wounded.

Police said when they got to the scene they saw the two shooters lying on the ground with one of them holding a gun, police identified themselves as they approached, but one of the men pointed the gun at the officers.

Police shot at them, but missed as both suspects ran away.
More as this becomes available

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-15 14:10:43 

Man’s body found along Beetham Highway

A man’s body was found along the Beetham Highway, near the Solid Waste Management landfill yesterday police said.

The man identified as David Joseph, 28, was found by passers-by at around 8 am. His body appeared to have a gunshot wound to the head. Police were called in with a district medical officer who confirmed Joseph was dead.

Investigators believe Joseph was not killed where he was found, as the body appeared to have been dragged from another spot.

Joseph’s death brings the murder toll to 20 in the Port of Spain Division for the year thus far.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-15 14:13:34 

Manzanilla man chopped during domestic dispute

Eastern Division police are on the hunt for a man after he reportedly chopped his relative over a domestic dispute on Saturday.

Police said Jeremiah Baptiste, 26, was at his North Manzanilla home at around 9.45 am when he had an argument with the relative, who reportedly beat Baptiste’s younger brother.

A fight began between Baptiste and the suspect, who pulled out a cutlass and chopped Baptiste several times on his torso and feet before running away.

Manzanilla police were called and Baptiste was taken to the Sangre Grande Hospital where he underwent emergency surgery.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-15 14:14:52 

Update

Man, 21, charged with killing Daniel Villafana, 22

A 21-YEAR-OLD Diego Martin man is expected to appear today before a Chagunanas magistrate charged with the murder of Daniel Villafana who was shot outside his workplace last month.

Acting Direct of Public Prosecutions Joan Honore-Paul over the weekend gave instructions for police to charge the suspect having reviewed a file from legal officer PC Kyrn Lewis of the Homicide Bureau Region III.

Police also charged the man with having a gun and ammunition and gun-related offences.

Villafana, 22, who lived at Sangre Grande, worked as a vendor for the Kiss Baking Company at Gaston Street in Chaguanas.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-15 14:16:45 

Woman raped, left in Caura

Po­lice are in­ves­ti­gat­ing the ab­duc­tion and rape of a 58-year-old woman who board­ed a PH taxi in Curepe on Fri­day.

In­ves­ti­ga­tors are warn­ing of se­r­i­al rapists lurk­ing along the East/West cor­ri­dor pos­ing as PH dri­vers.

This lat­est in­ci­dent adds to five oth­er re­ports of women be­ing raped and dumped in the Cau­ra area.

Some of the vic­tims were younger and were stabbed, po­lice said.

Ac­cord­ing to po­lice, at about 8 pm the lat­est vic­tim got in­to a black ‘PH’ taxi near. The vic­tim told po­lice that she was in the back­seat when a man jumped in the front pas­sen­ger seat right af­ter she en­tered the car.

Min­utes fol­lowed two oth­er pas­sen­gers - a man and a woman en­tered the back of the ve­hi­cle on ei­ther side of her sand­wich­ing her in the mid­dle.

The fe­male pas­sen­ger was the first pas­sen­ger to ex­it and as she was get­ting out of the ve­hi­cle the pas­sen­ger in the back seat cuffed the vic­tim to the face and knocked her un­con­scious.

When she re­gained con­scious­ness, she told po­lice, she was ly­ing in some bush­es close to a road­way as she heard pass­ing ve­hi­cles.

Link Text

sad

sgtdjones 2019-04-15 21:33:49 

Charged with strangling murder of woman

Apr 15, 2019 Updated 1 hr ago

KESHAN BAJNATHSINGH appeared the Siparia court this morning charged with the murder of Leisha Ramnath who was beaten and strangled to death.

Magistrate Margaret Alert read the charge which alleged that he murdered Ramnath between March 29 and April 1 at Rampersad Trace, Clarke Road, Penal.

The charge was laid by Cpl Deo.

Alert explained to Bajnathsingh that, given the nature of the charge, he was not entitled to bail.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-15 22:09:56 

3 Hrs Ago
CEPEP worker killed in Diego Martin

THE CEPEP worker shot dead earlier today has been identified as Richard Baird, a 46-year-old man of Broome Street, Four Roads in Diego Martin.

Police are now trying to determine whether gunmen were targeting him, or if this was tragic case of mistaken identity.

According to reports, at about 8.45 am, Baird had a jersey wrapped over his face and head to keep dust out as he was cleaning parts of Second Street in Petit Valley.

Four masked men approached and ordered him to take off the white jersey. Shortly after, gunshots were heard. Police are not sure whether he took off the 'mask' and was identified as a target or refused to take it off and was shot after.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-15 22:11:22 

4 Hrs Ago

Update

Work dispute may have caused guard’s death

A disagreement between coworkers may have been the motive for the murder of 56-year-old security guard Roger Borriel on Sunday.

Borriel, was killed between Saturday evening and Sunday morning, while protecting a warehouse for Bowen Marine in Chaguaramas.

Robbery was not suspected as the motive, as police said nothing appeared to be missing from the warehouse. They also said Borriel's cellphone and wallet were still on him.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-16 13:52:16 

Update

Four arrested after Maracas murder

FOUR people have been arrested in relation to the murder of 26-year-old Kiedon Williams on the North Coast Road, Maracas Bay, on Sunday night.

Newsday understands police received information shortly after the shooting that the suspects were driving along the Blanchisseusse Road, Arima, and intercepted them.

The suspects, who include three men and one woman, were searched, along with the car they were travelling in, but no weapons were found.

Newsday spoke to Williams’ relatives at the Forensic Science Centre, St James, yesterday. They said he went to a party at the beach and did not believe he would be killed.

They also denied earlier reports on social media that he was affiliated with any gang.

“They are always quick to label it as gang-related whenever it is a Muslim involved, but he was not a part of any gang.

“He was also from Gonzales in Port of Spain, not Enterprise, Chaguanas, like they said on social media.”

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-16 14:11:43 

Crime in­volv­ing non-na­tion­als Jan-April 2019:

• Four Venezue­lans mur­dered

• Two Chi­nese men, one Venezue­lan woman and one Guyanese man charged in sex-ring bust

• Nine­teen fe­male non-na­tion­al mi­nors res­cued from hu­man traf­fick­ing ring

• Nine non-na­tion­als ar­rest­ed for pos­ses­sion of nar­cotics

• Five de­tainees es­caped the Im­mi­gra­tion De­ten­tion Cen­tre

• Po­lice res­cued four Venezue­lan women from a house at Diego Mar­tin

• Fifty-six Venezue­lans ar­rest­ed and charged for il­le­gal en­try

• Six Venezue­lan women at­tack po­lice

sgtdjones 2019-04-16 21:39:50 

16-year-old arrested for $300,000 robbery

A 16-year-old boy who helped two thieves steal $300,000 from a business couple has been arrested.

The boy of Sangre Grande, was detained with a 39 year old man of Guaico, Tamana on Monday.

The victims are the owners of a restaurant at Tamana Road.

Police said that on Monday, the victims were at their home at Paul Street, Sangre Grande when around 11.30 a.m. there was a knock at the door.

They opened it to find the 16-year-old suspect whom they know.

While speaking with the teenager, two gunmen stormed in and announced a hold up.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-18 01:35:24 

South businessman kidnapped, US$6m ransom

KIDNAPPERS pretending to be police officers snatched a San Fernando businessman on Sunday and have demanded a ransom of US $6 million for his return.

Yohan Chin was kidnapped from his home at Monica Drive, Palmiste.

Chin’s business partner and neighbour, a 36 year old man reported the kidnapping to police on Tuesday evening - two days after it occurred.

He said Chin had instructed him not to go to the police.

The man has since been detained by police.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-18 01:39:07 

Missing Penal farmer found murdered

THE worst fears of the family of a missing Penal farmer came true when he was discovered murdered on Wednesday.

Johnny Ramjattan, 53, left his home at Scott’s Road on Monday night to deliver ground provisions to a vendor in San Fernando, and his bloodied body was found two days later.

His family said his face was bashed in and he bled to death.

The family knew something was wrong when Ramjattan did not return home on Monday night.

Around 5.30 a.m. Tuesday they contacted Penal police and reported him missing.

The family also posted a picture of him and his vehicle on Facebook asking for the public to send information.

Around midday the family was contacted and told that the vehicle was found at Concorde Road in La Romaine. Police and family searched the area but Ramjattan was not found.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-18 01:41:31 

Death at the door for drug user

DEATH came knocking at the door of Harish "Doll" Baldath, who was gunned down early Wednesday.

Baldath, 41, was shot to the forehead and died at doorway of his home at Debe Trace, Debe.

Around 1 a.m. a white Y11 wagon stopped in front of Baldath’s house and two men wearing black hoodies alighted.

Baldath and another man, who was liming at the house, became fearful for their lives and ran inside and locked the door.

Baldath’s mother, Sohageen Soogrim, who was asleep inside, said she heard someone call Baldath by his nickname “Doll”, and he went to the door.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-18 01:48:30 

Who killed Barry and his family?

A single funeral service was held for doubles vendor Barry Choon, his wife and two young children on Wednesday.

And even as the three coffins were placed on separate funeral pyres at the Caroni cremation site, relatives cried out for answers.

Choon, 35, was found in the driver’s seat of the family’s white Nissan AD wagon. His wife, Shalini Sookdeo-Choon, 29, was in the back seat with the couple’s seven-month-old baby, Jacob.

Their seven-year-old daughter, Sarah, was slumped in the front seat.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-18 17:06:40 

Guard to stand trial for Persad's supermarket murder
Nikita Braxton-Benjamin 1 hr ago

FORMER estate constable Govinda Morgan has been committed to stand trial for the 2017 murder of Vern "Pumba" Sambury.

Sanbury, 38 of New Grant, was shot while at Persad D Food King supermarket in New Grant on February 6 of that year.

He died hours later at hospital.

Morgan who was then employed as an estate constable with Special Elite Investigations, was charged by Sgt Ragbir of the Princes Town police station.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-19 00:35:28 

'Buju' bandits prowl: $142,000 robbery in Chaguanas

Reports of robberies and larcenies continued to come in throughout the nine policing divisions on Tuesday, with The Express being told of at least four reports of robbery with aggravation, and four reports of larceny (including housebreaking, store-breaking, and of the person).

Police, as a result, are once again reminding citizens to be cautious and not to make themselves easy targets for criminal elements.

This comes after both National Security Minister Stuart Young and Beyond the Tape host Insp Roger Alexander made comments on Monday alluding to a possible spike in crime due to “an upcoming concert”.

It was later specified to The Express that, similar to the Carnival and Christmas periods, police were expecting a “surge” in robberies and larcenies prior to the I Am Legend concert, which is to be headlined by Jamaican mega dancehall and reggae artiste Buju Banton on Easter Sunday.

Among the eight reports which came in, was one in which an estimated $140,000 in cash was stolen from a saleswoman in Chaguanas.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-19 00:37:19 

‘Buju’ shot in Laventille

Two men were shot while driving along the Eastern Main Road, Laventille, this afternoon.

Police said the men Selwyn King aka "Buju" and Jason Hillaire, both of Eastern Quarry Road, Laventille, were travelling in a blue Nissan B14 and stopped near the traffic lights near the Success Laventille Secondary School, when two men came out of a track and fired shots at the car.

King was shot in the chest while Hillaire was shot on both hands.

Their car crashed into the traffic lights when they tried to drive away.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-19 00:39:28 

Gunman fires 23 shots,hits victim 3 times

A 29-year-old man was treated at the Chaguanas District Medical Facility after he was wounded by a gunman near his Longdenville home yesterday.

Police said at around 11 am, Kerwin McKenna was walking along Lamont Street when his attacker approached and shot him three times in the left arm, jaw and leg.

McKenna ran away, but the man continued firing, but missed and ran away.

Police said McKenna ran away too, but collpsed. Nearby residents took him to the district medical facility, where he was treated and transferred to another hospital. He is listed in stable condition.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-19 00:41:03 

Missing grandfather found dead

THREE days after he was reported missing, a grandfather of six was found dead in his car in La Romaine.Investigators believe Penal market vendor Johnny Ramjattan, 53, was beaten to death. His face was bashed in.

According to a police report on Monday night, Ramjattan left his Scotts Road home to deliver goods in San Fernando.

He was last seen along the San Fernando Bypass driving a silver-grey Honda Civic and was wearing a black t-shirt and jeans.

On Tuesday relatives made a missing persons report after calls to his cell phone went unanswered.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-19 20:49:10 

Cops go out to sea to arrest drug, gun dealer
5 hrs ago

A 30-year-old man, who was wanted in connection with a TT$2 million drug bust in November 2018, was arrested by police officers on Thursday during a joint anti-crime exercise with the Trinidad and Tobago Coast Guard.

The suspect, of Carenage, has been wanted by police following the seizure of 154 packages of marijuana, nine high-powered automatic-assault rifles, and 16 magazines, one of which contained 18 rounds of 5.56mm ammunition.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-19 20:52:53 

Guest house workers robbed

Malabar police are on the hunt for two men who robbed receptionists of a guest house early yesterday.

Police said one of the receptionists went to a room at around 4.50 am to tell the occupants their time was up when she was confronted by a gunman.

She was taken to the front desk where the man and another bandit robbed then of $8350, a gold chain and cell phones.

Link Text

Campers robbed in Chaguaramas

A senior police officer in the Western Division is urging the public to exercise caution as they visit the beaches over the Easter weekend after a family of campers were robbed in Chaguaramas early yesterday.

Police said one of the campers was asleep in his Nissan AD Wagon, with the door open, along the beach front when he was was awakened by a blow to the side of his head.

He saw three men standing outside the car, one armed with a cutlass, who threw him out of the car and into the tent his parents were sleeping in nearby.

They ordered them to hand over the car keys and they drove away with the car.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-20 01:18:28 

Cops kill man as he was chopping his wife

Police officers shot and killed a man who was chopping his wife to death in Chaguanas on Friday.

Dead is Christopher Singuineau.

His wife, Chinel Jeffrey, 30, is undergoing treatment at hospital.

Officers received a report at the Chaguanas Operations Centre at around 3.15p.m. and two officers patrolling the area responded to LP No. 6 Enterprise Street.

When the three officers arrived on the scene, they heard screams coming from inside the house. The woman was pleading for help.

The officers looked through a window and saw Jeffrey on the floor, being repeatedly chopped by Singuineau.

Link Text

19 days ....30 murders

sgtdjones 2019-04-20 01:30:01 

For the same period last year we had 151 murders

To date we have 149 murders.

Whey bravos with the 29% reduction that the commish
told he about?

redface

bravos 2019-04-20 03:01:50 

Despite the obvious recent spike it's 148 not 154 and 2 for the month..

Why lie,why look for cheap points on people's misfortune,why gloat about this?

Sick fuck..

sgtdjones 2019-04-20 03:29:49 

In reply to bravos

Despite the obvious recent spike it's 148 not 154 and 2 for the month..

You cant do a simple calculation , so I dont trust you to count.

You are a pathological liar and post fiction.

Where is the 29 % reduction?

I await.

Trinidad and Tobago Police Service, who are worried the statistics may be showing that the 2019 murder toll may also cross the dreaded “500-mark”.

'Easy-going T&T a myth'
UWI prof: Country has always been violent

DEATH is everywhere... on the beaches, at the parks, homes, malls, bars and on the roads.

sgtdjones 2019-04-20 23:17:24 

Man to be charged with killing brother

THE Couva man held in connection with the beating death of his 42-year-old brother during a fight is expected to be charged with murder.

Last week Friday, after the fight at Savonetta, the 34-year-old suspect took Terry Eli to the San Fernando general hospital where he died.

The suspect surrendered at Couva police station and an autopsy said Eli died as a result of the injuries received from the beating.

Sgt Corrie of Homicide Bureau Region III led investigations and legal officer PC Kyrn Lewis submitted a file to the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions. On Friday evening, the office of the DPP gave instructions for police to charge the man.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-21 03:10:14 

Drive-by shooting: One dead, 3 injured

A drive-by shooting in Port of Spain last night has left one man dead, and two men and one woman in serious condition at hospital. Police said last night that Jevon Assing, 35, of Duncan Street, Port of Spain was fatally shot. The other victims were identified as Akeem Grant, 26, Aria Haynes, 29, and Israel Cox, 23.

Police said the victims were alive but were in critical condition. According to police reports, at about 7 p.m. the four were standing at the corner of Nelson Street and Queen Street, Port of Spain, when a vehicle drove past the group.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-22 02:26:30 

2 killings push toll to 151

TWO more killings on Saturday night have pushed the murder toll to 151 for the year to date. While the comparative toll for the same period last year was 160, this figure is of concern to senior officers in the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service, who are worried the statistics may be showing that the 2019 murder toll may also cross the dreaded “500-mark”.

The latest victims are 29-year-old Aria Haynes, who was shot and killed in Port of Spain, and 28-year-old Mariba Superville, who was gunned down in Carenage.

Link Text

To date 151

Last year 160

sgtdjones 2019-04-22 02:33:44 

Wanted man held in raid

A man want­ed for a se­ries of rob­beries in Siparia, as well as a shoot­ing, has been ar­rest­ed by po­lice.

In­ves­ti­ga­tors said around 10 pm on Sat­ur­day they went to his home and ex­e­cut­ed a search. Five rounds of am­mu­ni­tion were al­so al­leged­ly found on the premis­es. The sus­pect is be­lieved to be linked to a se­ries of rob­beries and house­break­ing of­fences which oc­curred in the dis­trict on Holy Thurs­day when many res­i­dents were cel­e­brat­ing the La Div­ina Pas­to­ra cel­e­bra­tions.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-22 02:38:38 

Update

Two killed, 2 critical after PoS drive-by

Two peo­ple are dead and two wound­ed af­ter a dri­ve-by shoot­ing in Port-of-Spain on Sat­ur­day evening.

Ac­cord­ing to re­ports, Javon Ass­ing, Atia Haynes, Is­rael Cox and Akeem Grant were stand­ing on the cor­ner of Queen and Nel­son Streets around 6.46 pm on Sat­ur­day when the at­tack hap­pened.

Po­lice said a sil­ver AD wag­on was head­ing along the street when the front seat pas­sen­ger be­gan shoot­ing at the group.

All four were hit and lat­er rushed to Port-of-Spain Gen­er­al Hos­pi­tal where Ass­ing, 34 and Haynes, 28, a sin­gle moth­er of one, suc­cumbed to their in­juries.

Cox, 23 and Grant, 36, were said to be in crit­i­cal con­di­tion at the Port of Spain Gen­er­al Hos­pi­tal up to last night.

Ass­ing, Cox and Grant were all from Dun­can Street while Haynes lived at East Dry Riv­er, Port-of-Spain.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-22 14:06:03 

Update

A week later, kidnapped businessman still missing

KIDNAPPERS pretending to be ­police officers snatched a San Fernando businessman two Sundays ago, and have ­demanded a ransom of US$6 million for his return.

Yohan Chin was kidnapped from his home at Monica Drive, Palmiste.

Chin’s business partner and neighbour, a 36-year-old man, reported the kidnapping to police two days after it occurred.

He said Chin had instructed him not to go to the police.

The man has since been detained by police.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-22 20:41:08 

Five people were murdered on Sunday night

FIVE people, including a woman, have been shot dead overnight in four separate incidents in Tunapuna, Santa Cruz, La Horquetta and Laventille.

Three of the people have so far been identified while police are yet to reveal the identities of the other two.

Link Text

The latest incidents have taken the country's murder toll for the year so far to 157.

EASTER WEEKEND MURDER COUNT

1. Jevon Assing, killed in a drive-by shooting in Port of Spain on Saturday.

2. Aria Haynes, killed in a drive-by shooting in Port of Spain on Saturday.

3. Israel Cox, died from injuries sustained in a drive-by shooting in Port of Spain on Saturday.

4. Mariva Superville, 28, killed on the Western Main Road in Carenage on Saturday.

5. Fabian Thomas, shot dead in Santa Cruz on Sunday.

6. Khelon "Kokey" Mc Leod, shot and killed in La Horquetta on Sunday.

7. Patrick Aaron, found dead in La Horquetta on Sunday

8. Unidentified man shot dead on Upper Pashley Street, Laventille on Monday.

9. Unidentified woman shot dead on Upper Pashley Street Laventille on Monday.

sgtdjones 2019-04-23 03:37:27 

BUJU’S MURDER CRY For T&T
Youths get warning from Buju

ONE hundred and fifty-seven murders have been committed for the year so far, just eight fewer than those recorded for the corresponding period last year.

At the concert shortly after he began his performance, Buju addressed the issue of murders directly, saying, “Youths, watch yuhself otherwise yuh will end up like manure under a tree that bears fruit that nobody wants.”

Later on he sang “Murderer”.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-23 16:13:02 

11 killed over Easter weekend in T&T

A man dressed in what looked like a police uniform, shot and killed parlour owner Kevin Vain in St James on Monday night.

Also injured in the attack were Sherland Gunn, 39, Koel Ashton, 36 , and Jason Gonzales, 32, all of Upper Dundonald Hill St James.

A short time before, police found a man dying from bullets wounds at Eastern Quarry, Port of Spain.

The victim, Daniel Thomas, 26, was pronounced dead at hospital.

The killings brought to at least 11 the number of homicides over the four day Easter weekend.

At least six other people were wounded in shootings.

The homicide rate for the year is at least 159.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-23 16:15:51 

Man quizzed in Sharday's disappearance, in custody

A man interviewed by police in the disappearance of nursing assistant Sharday Emmanuel will appear before a Princes Town Magistrate on Tuesday charged with drug trafficking.

The 24-year-old Longdenville man was held in a police raid on Thursday night.

The vehicle was searched and officers recovered a quantity of marijuana.

His front seat passenger was also arrested.

Emmanuel’s father, Junior Emmanuel, said he was not giving up hope that his daughter is still alive.

And he appealed to the police to interview the man again.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-23 16:17:14 

'Naked' remains found near oil well in Guapo

A HUMAN skeleton was discovered near an abandoned oil well in a forested area in Guapo on Monday.

The skull was ten feet away from the rest of the skeleton.

There was no clothing found near the remains, leading police to suspect that foul play was involved in the death.

Police are uncertain whether the remains are male or female.

Guapo police received a tip off and around 10.45 a.m. they went to a field road, off a main road at Parrylands.

The remains were found near an oil well.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-23 16:18:19 

Have you seen Jordan

THE Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS) is seeking the public’s assistance in finding a missing 17-year-old, Jordan Valere.

Jordan was last seen at his Edna Hill, Bon Air North, Arouca, home around 9 a.m. on Good Friday.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-23 16:25:32 

Whose body is this?
Corpse seen floating in sea off La Brea

THE body of an unidentified man was found floating in the Gulf of Paria near the Brighton Port in La Brea yesterday morning. Initially, it was believed to be one of two men who went missing last week Sunday during a fishing expedition near Carli Bay where two other men drowned.

But when Newsday spoke to grieving relatives who went to identify the body, they said it was neither that of Chunilal "Surin" Gyandass, 51, or Videsh Malo, 23, both of Beaucarro Road in Freeport. "That is not Surin. This person has tattoos on both arms. It is neither of them," said a member of the Gyandass family.

At about 9 am yesterday, workers at the port located at the La Brea Industrial Development Company spotted the body floating and contacted the Coast Guard unit. The man was face-down and wearing a brown t-shirt and three-quarter pants. He has shoulder-length hair and of Indian descent.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-23 20:39:37 

Update

Two charged with Maracas Bay murder

Two men have been charged with the Maracas Bay murder of Keidon Williams two Sundays ago.

Ako Degale, 38, Race Course Road, Carapo, and paul Gosine, 19, Pinewood Drive, Carapo, were also charged with possession of a firearm and ammunition, shooting with intent against two police officers and wounding with intent against three other men.

They are expected to appear before a Port of Spain Magistrate today to answer to the charges.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-23 20:49:45 

Murdered couple in Laventille still unidentified

POLICE are still trying to identify a man and a woman shot dead on Pashley Street in Laventille early on Monday morning.

Police believe at about 12.30, the two were dropping someone home after the I am Legend reggae concert on Sunday, but as they were leaving gunmen riddled their car with bullets.

Police received a report of gunshots being heard in the area, and found the couple dead and the car crashed at the side of the road. The man was lying in the road near the car, while the woman was hanging out of the window of the driver’s side.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-24 14:51:09 

Man gunned down in Maloney

Po­lice of­fi­cers are at this time on a crime scene in East Trinidad as an­oth­er mur­der has been record­ed.

Ac­cord­ing to a po­lice re­port, at about 9 pm on Tues­day, the oc­cu­pants of a car opened fire on a man out­side Build­ing 17 in Mal­oney Gar­dens, D’abadie.

The man was on­ly iden­ti­fied as "Wadi­ki" up to a short mo­ment ago

The mur­der toll now stands at 164.

Link Text

24 days ...42 murders

sgtdjones 2019-04-24 20:50:00 

Kidnap victim thrown from car, dies
Susan Mohammed Apr 24, 2019 Updated 5 hrs ago

A CARAPICHAIMA man was robbed, beaten, and killed in Waterloo overnight.

The deceased was identified as Eldon Roopnarine, 37, of Waterloo Road.

Around 7 pm on Tuesday Roopnarine was with his 28 year old girlfriend seated in a car at the Waterloo Cremation Site when five men approached them and announced a robbery.

They beat Roopnarine, then forced him into the truck of car, and his girlfriend into the back seat.

The assailants drove to an isolated area at Brickfield and threw both victims out of the car, and sped off.

The girlfriend said Roopnarine was unresponsive and she walked until she met a passer-by, who contacted police around 3 am.

Link Text

BeatDball 2019-04-24 21:27:59 

In reply to sgtdjones I give up; I dont know what to say anymore!

sad cry evil

sgtdjones 2019-04-25 17:27:06 

Curepe taxi driver killed during robbery

Police are on the hunt for the killer of a 47-year-old taxi driver who was shot in the head during a suspected robbery early this morning.

Police said Kenneth Paris of Lyndon Street, Curepe, was plying his Nissan B15 car for hire at around 2 am in Port of Spain, when he picked up three passengers.

Investigators believe during the drive, a passenger pulled out a gun and tried to rob Paris near the Maritime Plaza Building, Barataria. Paris was shot four times in the head and crashed his car.

There were 167 murders at April 24 last year.

25 days ....42 murders

sgtdjones 2019-04-25 17:29:49 

Gangs trade bullets outside school

Stu­dents of Suc­cess Laven­tille have been left shak­en af­ter a shootout be­tween ri­val gangs which oc­curred a short dis­tance away from the school on Tues­day.

A hail of gun­fire was heard in Beetham Gar­dens at around 3.45 pm on that, but no in­juries were re­port­ed, po­lice said.

Min­is­ter of Ed­u­ca­tion An­tho­ny Gar­cia nonethe­less vis­it­ed the school on Wednes­day, amid safe­ty con­cerns.

“There was a ses­sion with the cadets so a num­ber of our stu­dents were still in school and that caused them to scat­ter be­cause they were con­cerned about their safe­ty. the gun­fire last­ed quite a long time, some peo­ple said it last­ed about five min­utes. The se­cu­ri­ty, MTS se­cu­ri­ty guard in his es­ti­ma­tion said it last­ed about 15 min­utes. 15 min­utes is a very long time,” said Gar­cia.

“We thought, there­fore, we should come to the school to­day to meet with the prin­ci­pal and her se­nior staff to see what can be done to en­sure the safe­ty of our stu­dents our teach­ers and all those who oc­cu­py these premis­es.”

Act­ing Prin­ci­pal of the school Stacey Leza­ma said she held a full as­sem­bly to ad­dress the shoot­ing yes­ter­day, but there was a marked­ly low­er turnout of pupils.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-25 21:37:30 

Soldiers crash after Moruga gunplay
Susan Mohammed Apr 25, 2019 Updated 6 hrs ago

POLICE are investigating an incident in which four soldiers were injured in a vehicular crash early Tuesday in Moruga.

Police were told that the four soldiers dressed in camouflage fatigues were liming at a bar half an hour at before the crash.

A witness who wished to remain anonymous told reporters on Wednesday that the soldiers were drinking alcohol and liming with a woman at a bar at Bois Jean Jean.

The witness claimed the soldiers "roughed up" two men, and even discharged several rounds of a firearm into the air.

The witness also claimed that one of the soldiers said he lived at Laventille and was a "bad man".

The soldiers left the bar around 3.30 a.m. and half an hour later their vehicle crashed into a fence at L'anse Mitan.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-25 21:38:50 

Update

She went to sell a gold chain in Laventille, and died

THE bullet-riddled bodies of a man and woman found in a parked car off Pashley Street, Laventille, on Easter Monday were identified yesterday as those of Devon Jones and Erin Ali.

Police suspect Ali, 32, intended to sell a large gold chain to someone in Laventille and had hired Jones to take her there.

Around 12.15 a.m. on Monday, residents of Morgan Lane, Upper Pashley Street, called police ­after hearing gunshots and seeing a ­vehicle speed away.

When officers from Besson Street Police Station arrived, they found the bodies of Jones, 42, and Ali.

Post-mortems were not done on Tuesday, as no relatives had come forward to claim the bodies.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-25 21:43:25 

Man's eye pops out during brutal fight

A PRINCES Town man was beaten until an eye popped out of its socket during a brawl at a sports day in Rio Claro on Easter Monday.

And police officers who were assigned to the event are being investigated for allegedly not intervening in the fight.

Cyrus Ramadhar, 24, a father of one, of Iere Village, is warded in serious condition at hospital.

When the Express visited Ramadhar at his hospital bed, he was resting.

His wife, Latia Nedd said she was not present when the incident occurred.

Ramadhar wore a patch over his right eye.

Link Text

BeatDball 2019-04-26 12:47:25 

In reply to sgtdjones Fellas beat up a man with his wife present? Good going TnT...nice place, Bravos.

evil

sgtdjones 2019-04-26 13:28:54 

In reply to BeatDball

Its Paradise, ah tell ya.

sad sad sad

sgtdjones 2019-04-26 13:35:01 

Cops hunt B/pore pharmacy robbers

ALTHOUGH videos of Wednesday’s robbery at Tara’s Pharmacy in Barrackpore have been circulating on social media, no one has been arrested.

Police said shortly after 2 pm, two gunmen ran into the pharmacy at Rochard Douglas Road and announced a hold-up. At the time, there were four female workers present, all of whom complied with the bandits’ orders to hand over cash and personal valuables.

The bandits covered their faces with bandanas, and both wore hats, one a pink fisherman hat.

They pointed their guns at the women and even placed a knife at the throat of one.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-26 13:37:15 

6 Hrs Ago...Update

KILLED FOR MILK MONEY
Ministry worker robbed, shot while driving PH

SHOT DEAD: Kenneth Parris, shot four times in the head.
KENNETH Parris was a committed family man. The Ministry of Works and Transport employee drove his car as a private-hire (PH) taxi after working hours to provide for his family including buying milk and diapers for his five-month-old son.

During the early morning hours yesterday, Parris was held up, robbed and shot four times in the head by a bandit who came for his money. He died later while undergoing surgery at hospital.

At his Lyndon Street, Curepe home, shocked relatives were asking each other one question. Why did the bandits have to kill Parris? “They could have just taken the money and go, why did they have to shoot him for,” a relative asked.

Parris, 47, was shot by the bandit near the Barataria roundabout at around 2 am yesterday. Police confirmed that the father of three was shot in the head four times. They believe robbery was the motive for his murder.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-26 13:42:04 

Bethel man shot by police

A Bethel man was shot after an altercation with Shirvan Road police last night. Newsday was told police were responding to a domestic dispute call when Nixon Cooke, 36, of Riseland Trace, approached officers in the yard armed with a knife.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-26 13:48:19 

Moruga man doused with puncheon, set ablaze

Raymond “Abba” La Fortune, remains in a critical condition at the San Fernando General Hospital after being doused with puncheon and set on fire.
Raymond “Abba” La Fortune, remains in a critical condition at the San Fernando General Hospital after being doused with puncheon and set on fire.
WHAT manner of man will douse his friend with rum, then set him on fire?

That is the question relatives of Raymond “Abba” La Fortune, 55, of Moruga, have been asking since the Easter Monday incident inside a bar.

The man who committed the heinous act had not been arrested up to yesterday, while Fortune is fighting for dear life in the Intensive Care Unit, San Fernando General Hospital (SFGH).

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-27 00:53:38 

No one wants this wife abuser's body

NO one wants to claim the body of Christopher Singuineau who was fatally shot by police as he mercilessly chopped his wife in their Chaguanas home last Friday.

Police said none of Singuineau’s relative have turned up to identify his body being kept at the Forensic Science Centre.

And the family of his battered wife, Chinel Jeffrey, want nothing to do with him.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-27 00:55:38 

Rousillac man missing since Sunday

LA BREA police are seeking the public's assistance in finding Kenrick Titus, 73, who went missing from his home at Boodoosingh Lane, Rousillac near La Brea, last Sunday.

The former Public Transport Service Corporation bus driver, who suffers from Alzheimer's disease, is believed to have walked out of his house at about 5 pm, according to a report by relatives in the La Brea Police Station.

His son Kenton told the Newsday he left his father at home earlier in the day and when he returned and did not see him, he searched the house and the village, but to no avail.

Kenton reported that his father, who is slim built, was last seen wearing black trousers.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-28 01:04:52 

Michelle goes missing

Police need help in locating 39-year-old Michelle Alexander.

Michelle, of Barataria, was last seen around 5:10pm on Tuesday.

She was reported missing to the Barataria Police Station, by her sister.

Michelle is of African descent, 5 feet 10 inches tall, slim built with a dark brown complexion.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-28 01:06:28 

Five killings overnight

FIVE people have been killed overnight, including a grandmother and a teenager, who police believe was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Among the five are 16-year-old Kurland Gunn of Dundonald Hill, Long Circular; 41-year-old Anson “Bulls” Jacob of Espinet Street, Laventille; and Kerron Primus, of First Private Road, Mt D’Or. The murder toll now is 167 compared to 174 for the same period last year.

In the most recent of the murders, Primus, 32, alias Yankee, was killed around 10.55pm on Friday.

Police said they received a report of gunshots along First Private Road, near the David Nakhid Recreation Ground. When they arrived they found Primus’ body. He had been shot and chopped.

Link Text

170 murders in 2019

27 days ..48 murders

nick2020 2019-04-28 14:53:58 

In reply to sgtdjones

I guess murders are still down. Maybe not 29%

Narper 2019-04-29 19:17:32 

In reply to sgtdjones

Grif­fith said he would do every­thing in his pow­er to en­sure the coun­try is made a bet­ter place even if the sta­tis­tics do not re­flect it im­me­di­ate­ly.

“I promise that we will be in a bet­ter place on Au­gust 31 (the an­niver­sary of his ap­point­ment) to how we were last year, I do not in­tend to fail, I in­tend to do all that is re­quired but some­times we have to bleed to heal,” Grif­fith said.

“I could eas­i­ly sit back ne­go­ti­ate with crim­i­nal el­e­ments, not dri­ve for­ward and do what is re­quired and try to hope that the sta­tis­tics would show some­thing, I do not op­er­ate like that,” he said.

Grif­fith said every mur­der that takes place here af­fects him per­son­al­ly.

“Every sin­gle time there is a homi­cide I take it per­son­al­ly, so it af­fects me per­son­al­ly be­cause I see my­self as be­ing re­spon­si­ble,” he said.

COP Gary G speaks

Narper 2019-04-29 19:26:30 

Neighbours cry over Palmiste family slain on highway

AS news broke of a triple murder today, residents of Palmiste expressed shock and horror and one man even cried as he spoke about the "nice and law-abiding" victims.

A passer-by found the bodies of Carmelita Garcia-Quintero, also called Ingrid, and her husband George Quintero, in the family’s red Nissan Frontier van. They had been shot.

The body of Garcia-Quintero's daughter, identified as Marisol, was in the back seat with gunshots to her head.

link

BeatDball 2019-04-29 22:42:06 

POC GG has to hold Officers in Charge of Police stations accountable. He has to 'cane whip' these fellas & for it to trickle down to the constables in being professional & pro-active - they have to have a 'can do' & 'get it done' attitude! They have to, in a sustained manner, write summonses & make arrests...it's that facting simple. confused evil

sgtdjones 2019-05-02 03:43:59 

Five killings overnight

FIVE people have been killed overnight, including a grandmother and a teenager, who police believe was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Among the five are 16-year-old Kurland Gunn of Dundonald Hill, Long Circular; 41-year-old Anson “Bulls” Jacob of Espinet Street, Laventille; and Kerron Primus, of First Private Road, Mt D’Or. The murder toll now is 167 compared to 174 for the same period last year.

Link Text

Total for year 173

last year ...174

Deanne Jacob, mother of murdered Anson “Bulls” Jacob Lewis, wants TT to know that her son was not a member of any gang.

Jacob who lives in the US has asked Newsday for a retraction saying that police information provided to the newspaper was not credible.

Her son was one of five murdered on Saturday night. The Sunday Newsday report said Jacob from Espinet Street, Laventille, was killed when on his way home with his girlfriend, gunmen began shooting at his car. The car then crashed and overturned.

Chip shot dead
A Chaguanas man was shot and killed while liming with friends near his Enterprise Chaguanas home on Friday.

Dead is Keron Jackson, 27 also known as “Chip.”

He was shot in his head, chest, and face. According to a police report, around midnight, Jackson was at Crown Trace, Enterprise Village, when a man began shooting at him.

Link Text

Police in shootout with bandits in Tableland

Tableland Police caught up with five armed bandits just after they robbed Partap's Grocery in George Village yesterday. Shots were fired as the men tried to escape in a their waiting vehicle.

One was killed by police while two were detained and two others escaped. Tableland residents took to facebook to congratulate the TT Police Service (TTPS) for putting their lives at risk and saving business owners.

Link Text

Two women, man found dead in vehicle on highway

The bodies of two women and a man were found in a pick up van parked on the south-bound shoulder of the Solomon Hochoy Highway, near Golconda early today.

A man walking to work at around 6.30a.m made the discovery.Police say all three were shot and killed.

Link Text

Murder in Morvant: Five shot, one dies

Gunmen opened fire on a group of limers outside an apartment building in Morvant on Sunday night, killing one man.

Four other men were wounded.

Police said the men were standing outside Building 1 at Almond Drive when three gunmen came up from behind the building at around 9.15pm.

The men began shooting at the group, hitting five of them.

North Eastern Division Task Force officers responded and found the five men on the ground.

The injured men were taken to the Port-of-Spain General Hospital where Honore Ifill was pronounced dead.

Link Text

Boy bandit, 14, killed by liquor mart owner

A St James businessman shot dead two suspected bandits who attempted to rob his liquor mart on Monday.

One of the suspects has been identified as 14-year-old Luke Williams, a pupil of St Anthony's College.

One man died onside the business. The boy bled to death inside near boxes of toilet paper and liquor.

Terror at birthday party, as criminals walk in

Central division police are searching for five men were terrorised guests at a birthday party in Freeport on Sunday morning.

Police said five men entered the home where about a dozen people were liming at around 3am.

The family, who live at Arena Road, have asked not to be identified.

Police said the men, armed with firearms and cutlasses, stormed into the party threatening to kill.

A woman, who was celebrating her birthday, and two men were beaten by the gunmen.

Toco pensioner beaten, left for dead by bandits

A Toco pensioner is in critical condition after he was beaten and left for dead at his home this morning.

Police said Matthew Lacario, 62, was found at his San Souci home at around 9 am by his sister, with both hands tied behind his back and bleeding from his head.

She took him to the Toco Health Centre and later to the Sangre Grande Hospital, where an X-Ray revealed he suffered from a fractured skull.

Link Text

Murder victim’s father: ‘Close down churches’
THE FATHER of Honore Ifill, the 42-year-old killed in Morvant on Sunday night, said churches, which are supposed to teach morality and encourage people not to kill, are doing nothing to convince gunmen to change their ways, so they should all be closed down.

“The security services are trying their best but murders are an unforeseen thing,” said Ronald Ifill. “But the number of churches it have in this country and there is still so much killing – they should close all of them down. Every other day you are seeing fly-by-night churches opening up on every corner. They are supposed to be helping spiritually, but they are just looking for money.”

https://newsday.co.tt/2019/04/29/murder-victims-father-close-down-churches/

Crime, violence 'accepted' in T&T says EU Ambassador

TOP STORY
Crime, violence 'accepted' in T&T says EU Ambassador
Kimoy Leon Sing Apr 30, 2019 Updated 17 min ago

Fifth Form pupil of the San Fernando West Secondary School Toni Menzies presented European Union Ambassador to Trinidad and Tobago Aad Biesebrock,with a gift at the function. Looking on is school principal Ronald Mootoo. Photo:TREVOR WATSON

Crime has become so commonplace in the country it is somewhat accepted says Ambassador of the European Union to Trinidad and Tobago Aad Biesebroek.

Speaking at the launch of the ‘Life After Today’ initiative at the San Fernando West Secondary School on Tuesday, Biesebroek said more needs to be done to steer youths that might be going down the wrong path to a better place.

Biesebroek held up a copy of one of the daily newspapers and shuddered at some of the news headlines.

“Shot after shot – family of three shot dead in van.”

“Boy, 14, shot dead in liquor store.”

“Suspect killed in shootout with cops.”

“1 dead, 4 hurt in Morvant shooting.”

He said: “I think what we are looking at is a situation whereby violence has become the norm. Where it is almost accepted. We try to reach out to young people and tell them there are different ways in how you deal with conflict and how you interact with people.”

Biesebroek said it was important for young people to know they have control and can walk away from violence.

“They need to know they have better options to plan for their future,” he said.

Link Text