The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Game of Thrones: The Last Season

Tryangle 2019-04-15 14:27:12 

Slow-ish start, lining up the chess pieces.

Lots of reunions and nice interactions.

HBO ensures the nudity quotient is met early on with our guy Bronn (who I expect will bite it early this season) getting blueballed by Qyburn of all people.

Onscreen deaths: 1

And poor, devastated Samwell. Emotions must be all over the place right now.

maj 2019-04-15 15:15:08 

In reply to Tryangle

Yeah it was disappointing for a season opener at least John Snow now knows he's Egon Targaryen but hes in love with his step sister.

imusic 2019-04-15 15:20:20 

In reply to maj

His aunt

maj 2019-04-15 15:21:40 

In reply to imusic

How is it his aunt?

Tryangle 2019-04-15 15:26:49 

In reply to imusic

Yep. Jon's the rightful heir by succession, and it seems Jon is more scared by the revelation that Ned hid the truth for so long; a man who Jon considered the most honourable fella ever.

Basically, nobody in the North likes Dany walking in. Sansa's upset, Lyanna Mormont's upset and Glover's so ticked off he went back to his holdfast. So the united front is already cracked without the Army of the Dead even in the vicinity yet. Not good tidings.

Kind of liked Sansa telling Tyrion he's not too clever in trusting Cersei.

Tryangle 2019-04-15 15:29:16 

In reply to maj

Rhaegar's siblings were Viserys and Dany (each were children of Aerys the Mad King).

King Robert was trying to wipe out the Targ line by having the latter killed.

Lynanna knew Robert was going to have her baby killed too so made Ned swear to protect him.

maj 2019-04-15 15:57:12 

In reply to Tryangle

ok i thought John was Rhaegars son also?

DAVE400 2019-04-15 16:00:26 

In reply to Tryangle

Did Sam teleport to Winterfell or he thumb a ride on the dragon?

DAVE400 2019-04-15 16:00:56 

And...after articulating the food problem...have they solved it?

conman 2019-04-15 16:17:46 

In reply to DAVE400

nope

i feel that'll be solved by the golden company

Tryangle 2019-04-15 16:26:11 

In reply to maj

Right, so basically

Aerys
|
Rhaegar-----------Viserys-------Daenyrs
m Lyanna Stark
|
Aegon (Jon Snow)

In reply to DAVE400

Did Sam teleport to Winterfell or he thumb a ride on the dragon?

Well we all know that Westeros built an express bullet train or something around Season 6, people get around at jet-speed. The whole Gendry races to the Wall, raven gets to Dragonstone and Dany's dragons rescue the Magnificent Seven in one night bit being the most glaring how-the-heck moment

conman 2019-04-15 16:41:19 

In reply to Tryangle

u can feel the moments where martin has heart attacks at this script

maj 2019-04-15 17:01:41 

In reply to Tryangle

Got it, a little more detail below

Link Text

SnoopDog 2019-04-15 17:50:34 

In reply to Tryangle

So much useless fillers in that first episode.

The first dialoge we get is a lame eunuch joke. It's so sad to see what they have done to Tyrion's and Varys characters. They are wandering memes at this point.

And how does Arya think that Sansa is the smartest person she ever met?!?! She was a servant to Tywin for an entire season for fcuks sake!

That riding the dragon scene was more useless filler and a ripoff from 'Avatar'. What's the point of Eron Greyjoy other than to provide useless filler? Isn't Kings Landing supposed to be covered in snow because....."Winter is Coming" and at the end of season 7 it was snowing at that very place when Jaime rode off into the sunset? Ugh!

At this point I'm firmly rooting for the Night King and the White Walkers to kill all these clumsy snarky and treacherous bastards and take his rightful place on the Iron Throne. cool lol

Tryangle 2019-04-15 18:13:39 

In reply to SnoopDog

It's so sad to see what they have done to Tyrion's and Varys characters. They are wandering memes at this point.

I think the showrunners are a bit out of ideas. Peter Dinklage is the big name character in the series but the general story at this time relegates him to a bit role, at best. So they find something for him to do with making eunuch jokes and hope it translates into another Emmy.

Sansa as smart is another weird one I agree. No doubt she's wiser than that love stuck teenager, but she doesn't have that bigger picture outlook that say a Davos (or even Jon) possesses.

The dragons in flight bit reminded me of Harry Potter 3. And basically the CGI spend meant that Cersei couldn't get her elephants lol lol lol

As for winter, there was a white raven sent late in S7 to indicate that "winter is here", so yes it would have made sense if KL was having at least a bit of colder weather (as it was at the end of S7).

Trinidave 2019-04-15 18:19:37 

Are there ramps or other wheelchair accessibility features at Winterfell? Because that spooky-@ss Bran seems to be getting around a lot. And he's always "there" first.

SnoopDog 2019-04-15 18:22:01 

In reply to Tryangle

They have way too many left over characters which they could have killed off in season 7 and whom no longer add anything to the story at this point with the end game literally 5 shows away...ie. Euron, Varys, Yara, Theon etc.

Bran a.k.a 3eyedraven is creepy as fcuk just sitting there staring and judging people all day long. Doesn't he have to power to warg into the zombie dragon and use it to kill the army of the dead and the Knight King and end the war? Whatever.

Go Knight King!

SnoopDog 2019-04-15 18:23:00 

In reply to Trinidave

Are there ramps or other wheelchair accessibility features at Winterfell? Because that spooky-@ss Bran seems to be getting around a lot. And he's always "there" first.

Ent?!?! lol

imusic 2019-04-15 18:23:58 

In reply to Tryangle

Nothing gets around faster than the ravens cool

SnoopDog 2019-04-15 18:26:32 

In reply to imusic

Nothing gets around faster than the ravens

Cersei does!

One minute she's telling Euron that he isn't getting any patacake from her. Next minute they're both having a cigarette. lol

Tryangle 2019-04-15 18:42:15 

In reply to SnoopDog

If the B = NK theory holds up then we're probably going to look back on the last 4 episodes and see it as a waste of time lol

Trinidave 2019-04-15 18:49:35 

In reply to SnoopDog

Cersei does!

One minute she's telling Euron that he isn't getting any patacake from her. Next minute they're both having a cigarette.

Euron got game son!

big grin big grin big grin big grin

SnoopDog 2019-04-15 18:49:36 

In reply to Tryangle

If the B = NK theory holds up then we're probably going to look back on the last 4 episodes and see it as a waste of time

HAHAHAHA!! lol lol

At this point, I'm ready for (and expecting) any stupid ending including, but not limited to, Bronn sitting on the Iron Throne. lol

By the way, does anyone here knows how one can forge obsidian? Apparently Gendry can.

SnoopDog 2019-04-15 18:53:41 

In reply to Trinidave

Euron got game son!

Maybe. But all he did was bag a cheap whore instead of "earning" a Queen.

Every single White chick on the planet will now be posting on their Instagram and twitter: "You want a whore, buy one. You want a Queen, earn her". lol

Tryangle 2019-04-15 18:58:46 

In reply to Trinidave

To be fair Cersei probably horny as heck, Jamie's abandoned her so her choices for a bed-mate are bleak. Neither Qyburn nor the Mountain are her type. Go get yours, Cersei.

One other thing: the slightly drawn out scene showing the Winterfell people's reactions to Missandei and Grey Worm. Hmmm (and not in a good way).

DemThrones is of course a good source of laughs.

SnoopDog, I'm really excited to see how Gendry forges that harpoon-looking device for Arya. I suspect she's going to go all Legolas on us at some point.

SnoopDog 2019-04-15 19:08:00 

In reply to Tryangle

One other thing: the slightly drawn out scene showing the Winterfell people's reactions to Missandei and Grey Worm. Hmmm

The Unsullied are near! lol

DAVE400 2019-04-15 20:01:20 

This first episode felt like they were giving the viewers an orientation tour...

Pity they wasted so many episodes with lost or downright stupid plots (Dorn)...and now have to abandon the rich character complexities...Jamie..Tyrion..Daenerys etc for some really bland dialog and cgi

ray 2019-04-15 20:40:26 

I waiting for the Mountain and his Brother to get it on lol

ray 2019-04-15 20:43:19 

Can't believe they made Sansa smart lol

SnoopDog 2019-04-15 20:45:18 

In reply to ray

I waiting for the Mountain and his Brother to get it on

I'm waiting for Tormund and Brienne to get it on. lol

maj 2019-04-15 20:46:22 

In reply to ray

Arya, is messing with her. Shes a cold blooded killer not that she will kill Sansa but she is cunning.

ray 2019-04-15 20:52:51 

In reply to SnoopDog

They better hurry up before dem white walkers show up lol

SnoopDog 2019-04-15 20:55:45 

In reply to ray

Can't believe they made Sansa smart

In the books, Sansa uses her courtly aristocratic manners as a shield then later as a sword. In this TV series, she's morphed into an petty entitled and annoying wench.

She worries about feeding the Unsullied army, and the dragons, when the White Walker army is literally only days away from Winterfell. If it was a siege then her concerns are legitimate. But the war will start in days so who gives a fcuk?

I just can't accept this "Sansa is the smartest person in Westeros" non-sense the show-runners are trying to shove down everyone's throat.

nick2020 2019-04-15 20:58:46 

In reply to SnoopDog

I have not watched a single episode. What did I miss?

SnoopDog 2019-04-15 21:06:37 

In reply to nick2020

I have not watched a single episode. What did I miss?

Frozen zombies, incest, absurd amount of gratuitous tits and ass, dragons, midgets, giants, severed heads, severed hands and arms, severed legs, eunuchs, palaces and castles, brothels, rape, witchcraft.....oh, did I mention incest?

Trinidave 2019-04-15 21:21:22 

Arya going tuh get some "piggy" from Gendry.

TriniD see de sparks.

"Ah girl needs her Gendryfication"

maj 2019-04-15 21:29:04 

In reply to Trinidave

ray 2019-04-15 22:56:29 

In reply to SnoopDog

lol

DAVE400 2019-04-15 23:07:36 

In reply to Trinidave

Dude...arya is about 12

Tryangle 2019-04-16 02:35:00 

In reply to DAVE400

They aged up Tommen to get him some sexy-time, all bets are off with regard to Arya's age in the show. Wouldn't put it past the showrunners to make it a thing.

I'm waiting for Tormund and Brienne to get it on. lol

Making Tormund single and available is one of the best things they did to the source material big grin

DAVE400 2019-04-16 12:14:47 

Episode 2 trailer look great

DAVE400 2019-04-16 12:15:13 

King slayer meets king daughter

Tryangle 2019-04-22 02:07:01 

In reply to Tryangle

They aged up Tommen to get him some sexy-time, all bets are off with regard to Arya's age in the show. Wouldn't put it past the showrunners to make it a thing

Episode 2:

[beware spoilers]

Yep. They went there. As I expected.

Luckily Maisie Williams is 22 now, but of course Arya... this is something I don't expect will happen in the books even though child-sex is already established in Westeros. The show-runners this season are showing to be basically rolling with the fanfic.

Another placid episode, really. Some interactions, some banter, a song and a revelation.

DAVE400 2019-04-22 05:07:21 

What a waste...1/3 of the season just dedicated to reminiscing and mutual masturbation.

Tryangle 2019-04-22 12:22:38 

In reply to DAVE400

I agree. Aside from some funny quips, there's been nothing to the season so far. There have been threats of unease but nothing's come out of anything thus far. There's been nothing compelling so far.

The remaining episodes I think are slated to have a longer run time (each over an hour), so expect some things to happen, hopefully nothing predictable.

DAVE400 2019-04-22 12:27:00 

In reply to Tryangle

Well was nice to see Danny and sansa end their kumbaya with coldness.

And Danny being more upset about Jon being heir to throne than bring her incestual nephew kept me hopeful.

Other than that was too much flower power.

SnoopDog 2019-04-22 14:29:05 

In reply to Tryangle

Another boring as fcuk episode.

It’s obvious this episode was a farewell to quite a few popular and much loved characters who will surely be fighting for the army of the dead by the end of episode 3.

I predict the following will be walking around with blue eyes at the end of the next episode, and in no particular order:

Gendry
Tormund
Davos
Jorah
Pod
Brienne
Theon
The Hound
Beric
Little Lyanna
Jaime
Dolorus Edd

I won’t be surprised at all if Bronn shows up and decides to fight with Tyrion and Jaime and shoots down the zombie dragon.

DAVE400 2019-04-22 14:39:00 

In reply to SnoopDog

Nah...Jaime to die...they have eliminated all purpose for him after he knighted Brienne...hound have to fight mountain...

That sex scene with arya was so fcuking unnecessary and wasted cinema.

DAVE400 2019-04-22 14:41:35 

Quite frankly show run out of ideas and just using up airtime with trivials

SnoopDog 2019-04-22 14:53:26 

In reply to DAVE400

Yeah, you’re right about the Hound staying alive to kill his zombie brother.

The Arya sex scene was stupid, cringe worthy, and unnecessary.

I expect a lot of deaths of major characters in the next 2 episodes.

Tryangle 2019-04-22 15:11:13 

In reply to SnoopDog

My DeathCount prediction for Ep3 is a bit different:

Beric
Lyanna Mormont
Gendry
Brienne
Tormund
Theon
Ghost
Grey Worm
Missandei (in a Lupin+Tonks kind of way)
Jorah Mormont
Waymar Royce

I did like Brienne getting knighted, mind you. And Davos's scene with the little girl was nice.

It's quite bizarre that they've suggested the women and children retreat to the crypts when one of the main powers of the White Walkers is reanimating the dead...

(which is why I won't be surprised if not just Missandei, but also Varys, are candidates to kick it).

The show seems to be going out of the way to depict the North as not liking the only dark-skinned visitors. Overkill, I think?

Tryangle 2019-04-22 15:20:27 

Apparently HBO (the UK version anyway) took pains to subtly age up Arya already...

Anyway we've already covered the whole 'Arya's had to grow up fast and hard over the seasons, what does grabbing a booty call prove' bit I guess.

SnoopDog 2019-04-22 18:51:48 

In reply to Tryangle

The show seems to be going out of the way to depict the North as not liking the only dark-skinned visitors. Overkill, I think?

No kidding eh?

Who knew that the North would be Dotard nation? lol

Trinidave 2019-04-23 19:29:47 

In reply to DAVE400

Quite frankly show run out of ideas and just using up airtime with trivials

Character development is not trivial. Season 1 of GOT was awesome. Ned didn't die till de last episode. There were no big killings.

There is craft in developing de characters (before dey die) and raising de tension.

TriniD has no problems wid de build up.

Trinidave 2019-04-23 19:33:06 

In reply to DAVE400

And Danny being more upset about Jon being heir to throne than bring her incestual nephew kept me hopeful.

I season 1 dey mentioned dat in de Targeryon family BROTHERS and SISTERS get married to keep their blood pure. According tuh de books, it's all about maintaining de ability tuh control dragons and being able to resist fire.

Compared tuh Brother and sister bullin, dis aunty/nephew ting is pure.

big grin big grin

Trinidave 2019-04-23 19:34:29 

In reply to SnoopDog

The Arya sex scene was stupid, cringe worthy, and unnecessary.

TriniD called it. And according tuh Twitter, Arya was really going tuh give up de punks tuh de Hound, but Beric cock block so she settled fuh Gendry.

big grin big grin big grin

Tryangle 2019-04-23 19:43:05 

In reply to Trinidave

Because it's a shorter season in terms of episode count, having consecutive episodes that are character driven, vs plot and advancing the story, may be seen as a letdown.

As you suggest though, there's some who are thoroughly enjoying the dialogue and knocking down of character events (or in Arya's case, getting knocked up?). Most notably, Brienne, but also Missandei, the Hound, Jorah, Jamie and of course Dany/Jon.

Tryangle 2019-04-23 19:44:39 

In reply to Trinidave

And according tuh Twitter, Arya was really going tuh give up de punks tuh de Hound, but Beric cock block so she settled fuh Gendry.

lol lol lol

Poor Arya. All horny on the cusp of battle and Beric (the Lightning Lord) striking down her thunder?

Trinidave 2019-04-23 19:47:35 

In reply to Tryangle

Because it's a shorter season in terms of episode count, having consecutive episodes that are character driven, vs plot and advancing the story, may be seen as a letdown.

How do you know it is not plot advancing? Have you seen the other 4 episodes?

Trinidave 2019-04-23 19:50:18 

In reply to Tryangle

Poor Arya. All horny on the cusp of battle and Beric (the Lightning Lord) striking down her thunder?

Bruh. But seriously TriniD called it last week.

But Arya did proceed wid caution tho! She asked Gendry for de "body count" first, just to make sure he had experience, but was not ah heaux.

Tryangle 2019-04-23 20:01:48 

In reply to Trinidave

Fair enough, maybe the plot to come is just that. Battle vs the Dead, then battle for the 7K. Nobody knows.

But Arya did proceed wid caution tho! She asked Gendry for de "body count" first

It lined up perfect for Arya. She made sure Gendry knew where the pointy end is supposed to go, but also made sure he wasn't all King Robert and whoring himself to anything with a gap. Or, as Qyburn may suggest, have 'the pox' take him within the year lol

Trinidave 2019-04-23 20:15:03 

In reply to Tryangle

Qyburn may suggest, have 'the pox' take him within the year

That was funny. Bron was like, "Which one?"

big grin big grin

Scar 2019-04-25 02:15:30 

In reply to Trinidave

So what should a dead man walking ask for on the last day? 3 best meals of his life or a whole day wid a cute woman in a private cell? Women have the same desires for sex bro. Specially on what may be ones last night dem go always ask to'hold me' which really means... big grin

Tryangle 2019-04-25 14:45:11 

In reply to Scar

That's what Dany was looking to get too before Jon dropped the bombshell on her. One last night of lovin', then BWAM and not the good type.

BTW, I'm all in on the Giant's Milk.

ray 2019-04-26 04:24:33 

I like the plot development...nice and slow buildup

There should be some memes out with Danys reaction after Jon dropped the bomb on her lol lol

SnoopDog 2019-04-26 16:31:04 

In reply to Tryangle

It lined up perfect for Arya. She made sure Gendry knew where the pointy end is supposed to go, but also made sure he wasn't all King Robert and whoring himself to anything with a gap.

I hope you fellas noticed that Gendry didn't look too keen on horning Arya. She literally imposed herself on him for a piece. lol

In reply to ray

There should be some memes out with Danys reaction after Jon dropped the bomb on her

Come on Bro. We've all had a hot auntie who we noticed in our teenage years especially when she wears short ass skirts to every family event. We can all live vicariously through Jon Snow. big grin

Tryangle 2019-04-26 17:45:20 

In reply to SnoopDog

I hope you fellas noticed that Gendry didn't look too keen on horning Arya

Plot twist - Gendry was all about "the big woman" as well?

DUN DUN DUNNNNN!

SnoopDog 2019-04-26 17:52:09 

In reply to Tryangle

Plot twist - Gendry was all about "the big woman" as well?

I really thought Tormund would have gotten a piece from 'the big woman'.

He was aching to knight her with his sword. lol

ray 2019-04-26 18:04:21 

In reply to SnoopDog

especially when them think yuh is a lil bai, and nothing wrang if yuh sleep next to this hot antie in ah crowded house lol lol lol lol

SnoopDog 2019-04-26 18:11:41 

In reply to ray

especially when them think yuh is a lil bai, and nothing wrang if yuh sleep next to this hot antie in ah crowded house

I know eh! It's even worst when the hot auntie is only a few years older than you. lol

DAVE400 2019-04-26 20:09:07 

Podrick giving a sword lesson to Brienne while Tormund get bun can be interesting...

imusic 2019-04-29 05:31:16 

So......if de Night King was de key all this time, why not devise a plan to tell him out from de earlies?

Anyway......it had to be Arya

What do you say to the GOD of Death? Not tonite

steveo 2019-04-29 11:32:06 

In reply to imusic

I suspected it might have been arya, JRR being an admirer of Tolkien who had a woman defeat Sauron

Best episode for me of the entire thing

Fcuking hot episode

Bran quarterbacked that sh!t to perfection

DAVE400 2019-04-29 12:24:58 

Yes...best episode of any TV series ever..

Only let down...no major player died..Theon really doesn't count..

But I did think that Arya bought her ticket..I actually cheered when she stab NK.

Tryangle 2019-04-29 13:23:42 

In reply to DAVE400

Arya clearly the MVP of the episode but she earned it. She nearly got overrun by the undead a few times, once saved by Beric and the Hound, then a tip-off from the RED WOMAN!!!

The dragon flying was a bit odd. Team NK brought the icy fog to slow down Team Dany but it made for very difficult viewing.

RIP, Team Dothraki.

steveo 2019-04-29 13:32:00 

In reply to Tryangle

RIP, Team Dothraki

That was dramatic, seeing all of those fires die out surprised surprised

DAVE400 2019-04-29 14:26:36 

In reply to Tryangle

Yes...the dragons in the fog were difficult...but it did create a feel of being lost and hopeless.

DAVE400 2019-04-29 14:27:21 

Soooo....what next?

Battle for Kings Landing?

DAVE400 2019-04-29 14:28:00 

Are the decimated armies an issue...or the numbers will magically reappear no fuss?

TyTy35 2019-04-29 14:28:17 

In reply to DAVE400

I agree best episode of anything Ive ever watched on television. The darkness of the episode I think was to add to the tension and the actors were exceptional the look of pure terror on Greyworm and the Hound was something totally unexpected.
But in terms of major character deaths Jorrah Mormont was as major as they come. HHe has been with Dany since day one and to watch even the Dragons morn him was heartbreaking.

Tryangle 2019-04-29 14:42:46 

In reply to DAVE400

Yeah so probably Ep 4 the build up to it, Ep 5 the 'last' battle, and Ep 6 the clean up and any other late plot twists.

What may help Dany's forces is if she sends word to the Iron Islands, Yara may get her remaining forces to pitch in, which may make it less of a mismatch. Without the Dothraki, Dany's forces lose that element of uncertainty that scared the crap out of the regular Lannister armies. Maybe there are additional resources from the Vale to recruit.

DAVE400 2019-04-29 15:07:25 

In reply to TyTy35

Oh shit.

How I forget Jorah.

SnoopDog 2019-04-29 17:33:07 

In reply to Tryangle

Arya clearly the MVP of the episode but she earned it. She nearly got overrun by the undead a few times, once saved by Beric and the Hound, then a tip-off from the RED WOMAN!!!

The dragon flying was a bit odd. Team NK brought the icy fog to slow down Team Dany but it made for very difficult viewing.

RIP, Team Dothraki.

So ninja Arya is the prince that was promised? Meh. And Bran and all his mystical warging powers were completely useless when it was needed the most. Seriously, the guy wargs into some ravens just to check out the action? Warg into the zombie dragon and turn on the army of the dead or something!

So much of the episode was too dark to discern any subtlety in the battle scenes but I enjoyed it purely from an 80's over the top Rambo action movie point of view.

R.I.P House Mormont. They built up the deaths of so many of the main characters in episode two where the viewers were emotionally and mentally prepared to see them go only for Theon and Edd to be killed.

Am I correct to say that Auntie Dany has lost her entire army? The Dothraki and the Unsullied were annihilated but in the preview of episode 4 they show her smirking and talking smack about attacking Kings Landing. Which army will fight for her under a Targaryen banner?

I still want to see either Ser Pounce, or Hot Pie, on the Iron Throne at the end of all of this.

Tryangle 2019-04-29 17:45:48 

In reply to SnoopDog

Warg into the zombie dragon and turn on the army of the dead or something!

I'm guessing even if Bran could warg into a dragon, it would be impossible to warg into an undead one. The only use I saw for the ravens was to gauge the time it would take for the NK to approach the godswood. Then have Team Greyjoy hold off the wights long enough for Arya to come onto the scene.

As for the prince that was promised, well I think the show's made several changes to the plot to throw book prophecies out the window, but remember also the scene with Melisandre and Dany, and Missandei chiming in to suggest that it could be a prince... or princess.

I think the most obvious comparison, battle wise, would be Helm's Deep in LOTR:TTT. Dark and action happening all over the place. This one taking it to another level.

her smirking and talking smack about attacking Kings Landing. Which army will fight for her under a Targaryen banner?

She still has a pair of dragons (one of which will be nursing a couple hundred stab attempts, mind you), so may still feel confident.

Someone online suggested that Davos should pick up Melisandre's dropped stone, and turn into Ryan Gosling or something.

RIP Mel. Carice Van Houten you may deliver wack shadow babies but you were a top-tier looker when glammed-up

DAVE400 2019-04-29 17:49:55 

In reply to Tryangle

Hey...there used to he a GOT forum with episode rants...cant find it...can u link it?

Thanks

SnoopDog 2019-04-29 17:55:48 

In reply to Tryangle

I'm guessing even if Bran could warg into a dragon, it would be impossible to warg into an undead one. The only use I saw for the ravens was to gauge the time it would take for the NK to approach the godswood. Then have Team Greyjoy hold off the wights long enough for Arya to come onto the scene.

I was being facetious with the warging in to the zombie dragon but with all the build up of his mystical powers of warging one would have thought it would have been used more effectively in this battle other than as a reconnaissance mission.

The Night King, who is the walking embodiment of death, killed no one in the entire battle. The White Walkers killed no one in the entire battle. Only the wights did all the heaving lifting. Fcuking Samwell Tarly killed more "things" than the NK and the WW combined!

And yes, I'm going to miss seeing Mel's titties. big grin

imusic 2019-04-29 18:18:13 

I felt bad for Jorah. Died for his beloved Dany without even getting a sniff

And forkane Dany.....crying crocodile tears. WTF??? Yuh couldn’t even give him a pity shag self? evil evil evil

imusic 2019-04-29 18:22:34 

In reply to SnoopDog

The Night King, who is the walking embodiment of death, killed no one in the entire battle.

1 - He didn’t have to. Especially with the power to resurrect the dead

2 - You saying Theon is no one? Arya might object

DAVE400 2019-04-29 18:25:09 

enjoy a good selection of rants

Trinidave 2019-04-29 18:25:35 

In reply to SnoopDog

And yes, I'm going to miss seeing Mel's titties.

TriniD was just about tuh say dis, and he read your post.

TriniD goin miss dat red oman.

Trinidave 2019-04-29 18:31:52 

BTW -- De Red Oman in Season 2, told Arya dat she saw blue eyes being shut forever by Arya.

I see a darkness in you... ...eyes you'll shut forever

imusic 2019-04-29 18:35:31 

Ting only now start

Bron still has a mission to complete. Waiting to see how that pans out

Tyrion WILL Fork Sansa. And she just might love it

Interesting that is the littlefinger valeryan steel blade that Arya used to vaporize de Night King

Dany will bend de knee, and de back (again) for she nephew

Tormund WILL NOT end up like Ser Jorah. Ser Brienne jes have to take dat and cool it

Jamie will kill Cersei

SnoopDog 2019-04-29 19:10:56 

In reply to imusic

You saying Theon is no one? Arya might object

Fcuking hell! I totally forgot about Reek. lol

I was hoping to see John Rambo Snow have a good ole fashion sword fight with the Night King though. Even if they didn't want him to kill the NK it would have made for a great battle between the two.

If meh boi Tormund finally gets a piece from Brienne then I wouldn't consider the last 3 seasons a complete waste.

Jamie will kill Cersei

I recall him foreshadowing his own death when he told someone in one of the earlier seasons that he wished to die in the arms of the woman he loved. Perhaps, they both die at the same time or he dies in the arms of Brienne?

Tryangle 2019-04-29 19:14:20 

In reply to imusic

Interesting that is the littlefinger valeryan steel blade that Arya used to vaporize de Night King

There ya go. The weapon meant to kill Bran was used to save him.

Bloody hell Sam. He would've been better served as last line of defense in the crypts. Man's lucky to still be alive (and I like him in spite of it)

SnoopDog 2019-04-29 19:17:57 

In reply to DAVE400

enjoy a good selection of rants

Thank you for this.

I'm slightly relieved I'm not the only cynical asshole when it comes to this show - post season 4.

The Dothraki were seriously going to charge the wights only with their arakhs – thank the gods for Melisandre, at least they lasted a couple more minutes

I’d like to believe that Ghost didn’t die, but simply got fed up, and while the Dothraki charged into the wights, he just swerved away, and is now happy in the wild somewhere. And Rhaegal joined him.

The army of the living should have been bristling with torches – it’s not like they’re invisible to the dead

They spent all that time building those trebuchets and Hollywood catapults, just for them to launch one volley, maybe two.

That ditch was almost as much of a detriment, as it was helpful; again, thank the gods for Melisandre

I’m glad those obsidian shards placed on top of the crenellations helped

Well, what most people predicted about the crypts happened; surprised none of the named characters perished there; those stone tombs sure are strong; that part literally turned into The Walking Dead, how original.

Somehow out of all the living desperately fighting, only Arya, Beric, the Hound, and Melisandre manage to be inside the keep; no one else running, hiding, trying to fight the wights. And those walls are thick, giant battle taking place outside, nothing, no noise inside.

Arya – phase 1, twirly twirly kills wights left and right; phase 2 – suddenly scared shitless; phase 3 – Melisandre, thank the gods; kill the blue eyes – badass again, stealth mode engaged

Bran: Theon, you’re a good man. Now why don’t you just climb up the tree, while my sister ninjas her way to the Night King and kills him, and I just sit here.

Honestly, what did Bran do? He warged some ravens, and… at least get all the ravens around and annoy the NK; maybe give away his position to the dragon riders

The Ironborn black ops team really did well; I should have brought it up last episode, but interesting that Theon managed to retain their loyalty after rescuing Yara.

In hindsight, maybe it would have been beneficial to just have the entire army behind the walls

I love that Jon was wearing armor in previous episodes, when he did nothing, but now he stopped wearing armor; then again, armor does nothing, just ask Jorah. The wight that delivered the fatal blow was wielding what looked like an obsidian dagger. Yup!

Melisandre, I guess her purpose was done? She expanded all her power, maybe? But after all that, Davos was still ready to murder her.

Rest of the season preview shows the war ahead with Cersei – and I must ask, with what fucking army? The castle was literally overwhelmed, like every, last part of it; at best a couple of hundred survived

I don’t know, but I want to refuse that this is it for the Night King. All this hype, all this drama, and that’s that. Now back to intrigue, and backstabbing, and here’s Cersei. So, there’s not really going to be a big change in the status quo, just that a good guy (Jon) is likely to become the next ruler.

Based on the Inside the Episode, D&D knew Arya was the one to kill the NK for the last 3 years. And this is the best they could come up with. I suppose this will be in the books. Apparently the Valyrian steel dagger went right into the spot where the obsidian blade was lodged.

Trinidave 2019-04-29 21:23:43 

Last Night’s stats:

Theon Greyjoy- 47 kills

Jorah "Friendzone" Mormont -- 158 kills

Rhaegal- 15,000 kills

Jamie Lannister- 215 kills

Arya Stark- 4,000,000 kills

The whole phorquene Dothraki army- 4 kills

DAVE400 2019-04-30 12:15:23 

In reply to Trinidave

Add up all them numbers = Bran kills

DAVE400 2019-04-30 12:15:56 

Whatever happen to Daario Naharis? And jaeger

DAVE400 2019-04-30 12:16:26 

World coming to an end and no dog in the fight?

ray 2019-04-30 13:08:54 

Saw it last night...whew!

What ah forking episode...I prayed that they would not kill Arya

SnoopDog 2019-04-30 13:13:04 

In reply to DAVE400

World coming to an end and no dog in the fight?

Well it seems as if Cercei was vindicated. There was no existential threat to the world which required her army and an alliance with the rest. It really was just a Northern problem after all. lol

And far from the Night King being the main badass evil super villain....it's actually brother fcuker Cercei (queen regent). lol

DAVE400 2019-04-30 13:27:34 

In reply to SnoopDog

Yup...honestly...if they had elections I would vote for Cersei

Tryangle 2019-04-30 13:32:06 

In reply to Trinidave

Sam Tarly = -1 kills

Lyanna Mormont = at least 1 large kill

Safe to guess that Brienne, Tormund, Podrick got a few. And hey, tally up some for Dany!

In reply to DAVE400

Daario has been written out of the story, I think his circle is done. Just like Meera Reed, Sallador Saan and Magister Illyrio.

Jaqen? - hey who knows maybe he's snuck onboard one of the Golden Company ships and may be planning to take out Arya...

Tryangle 2019-04-30 13:33:38 

In reply to SnoopDog

It may have been morally wrong, but it's totally the correct move by Cersei. Why Tyrion didn't see that is mind-boggling.

SnoopDog 2019-04-30 13:41:13 

In reply to DAVE400

Yup...honestly...if they had elections I would vote for Cersei

There is a theory floating around online that Bran is (or should be) the real villain. That just before ninja Arya stabbed the NK with the pointy end he was about to tell Bran "I'm here to save humanity and stop you from destroying the world you creepy little fcuker". lol

After 7 seasons of build up only for a 5 footer to end it in 2 seconds and all we are left with is evil Cercei we could only hope for something like that as a consolation.

SnoopDog 2019-04-30 13:45:25 

In reply to Tryangle

It may have been morally wrong, but it's totally the correct move by Cersei. Why Tyrion didn't see that is mind-boggling.

I'll just put aside the bad writing of the show-runners for a minute.

But yes, it was very sensible for Cercei to tell the others to go fcuk themselves. If the Night King beats the alliance then the entire world is doomed anyways. If the alliance beats the Knight King then Cercei still sits on the Iron Throne and she can defend it with a stronger army since the alliance forces would be considerably weakened.

As for Tyrion. It's either the show-runners don't know how to write a proper script for him (my guess) or they are leading us to believe that he's being deliberately stupid only to betray Auntie Dany and the alliance. We'll see.

ray 2019-04-30 14:13:51 

In reply to SnoopDog

I think the show runners got something big for Tyrion and Jaime...maybe a three some with Cercei lol

Will miss that red woman tits as well twisted

DAVE400 2019-04-30 14:43:42 

In reply to SnoopDog

Hmmm. Re Bran...you may be on to something...Bran being public enemy number 1 would outdo the red wedding for shock value...

Methinks I would be very disappointed if he doesn't have any purpose since sooo many died and sacrificed to protect him..

Tryangle 2019-04-30 14:50:43 

Has Arya officially become the greatest assassin in TV history? TV+Movie combined, even?

ray 2019-04-30 15:00:11 

In reply to Tryangle

She is up there.. AL Pacino from Godfather up there as well (although he got a number of killings done for him)

DAVE400 2019-04-30 15:05:23 

In reply to Tryangle

GOAT...Greatest of all Thrones.

DAVE400 2019-04-30 15:06:36 

Btw...was Jon strategy to kill the ice dragon by screaming at it?

SnoopDog 2019-04-30 15:16:25 

In reply to Tryangle

Has Arya officially become the greatest assassin in TV history? TV+Movie combined, even?

Yep. The greatest assassin who flunked out of assassin school (she never finished her training), constantly got the shit kicked out of her by the Waif, and was given 1 lesson in archery (season 3 I think).

But she's so good now that she could sneak up on WW and the NK completely undetected and delivered the coup de gras like only a TV badass can. Why send an army to defeat Cercei when you can just send ninja Arya? lol

SnoopDog 2019-04-30 15:20:51 

In reply to DAVE400

was Jon strategy to kill the ice dragon by screaming at it?

Ent?

And the zombie dragon's blue fire was powerful enough to bring down a 100 foot thick wall of ice but couldn't bring down a 2 foot stone wall Jon was hiding behind? I really thought Jon was going to kill zombie dragon with his valyarian steel sword but whatevs.

SnoopDog 2019-04-30 15:24:49 

In reply to ray, Tryangle, DAVE400

The best summation of ep.3 I've read so far. lol

DAVE400 2019-05-01 12:55:06 

Bump...the GOT bashing is as sweet as the first two seasons...

SnoopDog 2019-05-01 13:29:33 

In reply to DAVE400

Bump...the GOT bashing is as sweet as the first two seasons...

The show-runners must surely be saying to themselves though "yuh know yuh done fcuk up when The Onion joins the bash party". lol

ray 2019-05-01 14:32:08 

Look...the show has to wrap up sometime...I think it's all good...too bad there are less sex scenes...missed the Imp and his hoes twisted

Tryangle 2019-05-01 15:39:13 

In reply to ray

Bronn's foursome may be the last that we see in the series.

There's no time for anything gratuitous in the North, and in King's Landing Ros is already dead, the lecher Pycelle is dead, and Bronn's headed north. Unless Euron passes some time at one of the brothels, that's probably it for the T&A.

DAVE400 2019-05-01 17:28:42 

Link Text

How Jon helped Arya kill NK

jahmekyah 2019-05-01 18:03:30 

I hope Sansa get her head chopped off. after the way she falsely accuse her father to facilitate his head removal

DAVE400 2019-05-01 18:27:57 

In reply to jahmekyah

I agree...what a lil bitch she was.

SnoopDog 2019-05-01 18:38:29 

In reply to DAVE400

How Jon helped Arya kill NK

Super badass ninja Arya doesn't need help killing anyone. She's the best of the best when it comes to sticking them with the pointy end.

And who's that blue eye punk anyways? The Waif was more of challenge to Super badass ninja Arya than this so-called walking embodiment of death Night King fella.

I wonder if Super badass ninja Arya will make Qyburn and zombie Mountain eat Cercei's body parts in minced pie? It's going to be so shock and awe.

SnoopDog 2019-05-01 18:45:22 

In reply to jahmekyah

I hope Sansa get her head chopped off.

She wants to be the leader of Winterfell but doesn't know what to do when handed a sharp knife/dagger with the enemy lurking at the gates. I guess she expected the thing came with a manual "Step 1: hold weapon in dominant hand; Step 2: raise hand as enemy approaches; Step 3: lower hand with force to strike enemy with the pointy end of your new Dragon Glass 2000 dagger; Step 4: smirk at your vanquished enemy; Step 5: move on to another zombie and repeat steps 1-4.

But, according to Super badass ninja Arya, Sansa is the smartest person on the planet.

DAVE400 2019-05-01 19:03:34 

Yall getting me nostalgic and angry...

I remembering season 1 with Ed stark having to balance his affection for his children..manage relationship with baratheon..

Rich dialogue with Jamie...Tyrion..

Complex interactions..

They really fcuk up such an excellent piece of storytelling.

SnoopDog 2019-05-01 19:26:12 

In reply to DAVE400

Yall getting me nostalgic and angry...

I remembering season 1 with Ed stark having to balance his affection for his children..manage relationship with baratheon..

Rich dialogue with Jamie...Tyrion..

Complex interactions..

They really fcuk up such an excellent piece of storytelling.

During the 2 year hiatus between seasons 7 and 8 I would occasionally go on YouTube and watch snippets from seasons 1-4 and it's astonishing how good the dialogue and story lines were in those first 4 seasons as compared to the dumpster fire we have to put up with now.

As soon as the books were no longer the source material for the TV show it went steadily downhill and culminated in ep. 3 last Sunday. Do I even care what happens in KL and to Cercei or who sits on the Iron Throne? Not really. But you bet your last Braavosi magic coin that the show-runners will give us lots of cool CGI, explosions, cock jokes, and more bad ass super ninja Arya being all sassy and badassery.

SnoopDog 2019-05-01 19:38:05 

In reply to Tryangle

in King's Landing Ros is already dead

My take on the diminishing rate of gratuitous Tits and Ass on the show.

DAVE400 2019-05-01 23:03:35 

In reply to SnoopDog

I sorry...but this fell victim to political correctness and dumbing down...I blame Marvel

Tryangle 2019-05-02 12:42:05 

In reply to SnoopDog

But, according to Super badass ninja Arya, Sansa is the smartest person on the planet.

I think she excels at day-to-day management - she took over the whole allocation of crops and resources thing when Jon was gone, so she's not useless.

Wartime stuff however, she's no general or anything.

If Dany ends up on the Iron Throne Sansa *might* very well make a decent Master of Coin.

ray 2019-05-02 13:08:29 

SO, who will be sitting on the Iron Throne at the end?

DAVE400 2019-05-02 13:09:30 

In reply to ray

Dany

DAVE400 2019-05-02 13:12:09 

betting odds to win the seat

Tryangle 2019-05-02 13:20:18 

In reply to ray

Put me down for Dany, she still has the dragons. With the demise of the NK and Melisandre there's no sorcery in Westeros that can defeat them. Cersei presumably has no wildfire left; her team may still have a scorpion or two but I don't see that plot device being restored. Even if Jon has a claim, he doesn't want it. He'd rather be her consort or stay in the North.

I suppose Sansa would be my backup guess here (marrying either Robyn or Gendry). I'm eliminating Arya because she's not shown any inclination, eliminating Varys because he's driven more to orchestrate things, and eliminating Tyrion because the masses aren't about more Lannisters. DAVOS is my secret hope because although he's not a warrior, and has made mistakes, he's just and isn't headstrong.

DAVE400 2019-05-02 14:01:08 

In reply to Tryangle

But Davos doesn't have legitimacy...

Where is Stanis btw

SnoopDog 2019-05-02 15:51:33 

In reply to Tryangle

Sweetrobin - you heard it here first.

And, he won't be sitting on a throne either. He'll be the first democratically elected titty sucking "President" of Westeros.

This will be the 'Big Twist That Was Promised'. lol

ray 2019-05-02 16:02:39 

I think Jon...(that's because Dany will die). Sansa will be head of the North, Arya will be the Hand...

Next big battle to look forward to is the Hound and his brother

Tryangle 2019-05-02 18:59:06 

In reply to DAVE400

legitimacy

In the event that Dany's forces win the day, there's a chance that the winning side do away with monarchy/right of conquest, and take on the democratic/electoral method of government that the Night's Watch did. Which gives Davos a shot if Dany's dead/Jon declines/Sansa stays north smile

My main question for Ep 4 is simple: Does Bronn try to assassinate one of the Lannister fellas, or does he approach them to switch sides or ask for a "pay me double". Frankly, Cersei is a fool to have sent Bronn on such a task, he's clearly bonded with both of them. Too risky.

steveo 2019-05-03 00:20:51 

Willing to bet night king is not dead and before end of the show we see him again or restarting his cycle for the next long night

Those hbo sobs let down many

Tryangle 2019-05-06 02:24:47 

Episode 4:

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCC...

Oh and yeah someone gets some lovin and Sansa is still catty.

But really for me it's all about the end and FFFFFFUUUUUUUUCCCCCCC...

TyTy35 2019-05-06 04:19:19 

In reply to Tryangle

The end of sweet brown sugar Messandei had me like cry cry cry

steveo 2019-05-06 11:05:13 

How the hell them man hiding entire fleet of ships behind a big rock??!!

Especially when you have dragon drones and satellite brans on your side?!?!

DAVE400 2019-05-06 11:22:10 

In reply to Tryangle

Man...you called Bron's terms very precisely...but seriously...wtf was that exchange about?

This is the most lazy conclusion to a series ever...no regard to legacy...do they even care about monetizing the brand after the show?

And can someone tell me where dis Dany and co Hole up after the battle? Seemed like a castle or something...they seiging a walled city but just have access to a castle outside the walls?

DAVE400 2019-05-06 11:29:52 

Episode rant thread

Enjoying these immensely.

Tryangle 2019-05-06 12:39:19 

In reply to DAVE400

And can someone tell me where dis Dany and co Hole up after the battle? Seemed like a castle or something

They were headed to Dragonstone to prep for the final assault.

But seriously, Varys/Tyrion should be fired. No reconnaissance? Nobody inching ahead to check for ambushes? And Dany how the hell you get ambushed while flying a freaking dragon?

Yes, the writing has abandoned any sort of logic in the name of creating drama.

The Bronn bit was the worst bit of the show frankly. I knew it was going to play out that way, but the dialogue and everything there was just wack.

Ned Stark kept the secret about Jon for 20 years. Sansa kept it for 2 minutes. And now Varys is already figuring out how to trigger the machinery to do away with Dany.

Ah the show. It's maddening.

And damn if Missandei wasn't the finest woman in Westeros, Essos and Valyria combined.

Grey Worm is going to go all Super-Saiyan on somebody.

Weird also how they got Jon Snow treating Ghost like a step-child. They're all "yeah we're using all the CGI budget on the dragons so just tuck her away up north until the end please".

SnoopDog 2019-05-06 13:22:29 

In reply to Tryangle

But seriously, Varys/Tyrion should be fired. No reconnaissance?

Don't they have the Bran9000 for reconnaissance missions now?

This episode was full on soap opera.

And who knew how easy it was to kill a dragon in full flight? Disney pirate Euron is now the Sir 20goodmen of the show. One shot with a ballista and....bang!! Hits the bullseye. I seriously expected an "arrrgh matey" out of him after killing the dragon.

This show is all but dead to me.

SnoopDog 2019-05-06 13:44:53 

In reply to Tryangle, DAVE400, ray et. al.

Here's a great rant by some Aussie dude on ep. 4

Tryangle 2019-05-06 13:54:11 

In reply to SnoopDog

Euron and Ramsey are literally the greatest marksmen in Westeros. The plot armor has been great for these men.

SnoopDog 2019-05-06 14:01:45 

In reply to Tryangle

Euron and Ramsey are literally the greatest marksmen in Westeros. The plot armor has been great for these men.

Those characters are so hideously one dimensional and cartoonish.

I still can't wrap my head around Cercei being the super villain of the show. Fcuking Cercei!?!?!

Cercei has no claim to the Throne. She was only the Queen regent (mother of the King). But no one questions her ascension to the thrown or that she is the real usurper and not Dany, who has a better claim to the throne than fcuking Cercei. Even Genry has a better claim to the throne than Cercei.

SnoopDog 2019-05-06 14:07:56 

In reply to Tryangle

In case anyone didn't notice, there's a new Starbucks that opened up just outside the gates of Winterfell. Here we see the Dragon Queen enjoying a tall cafe Americano during the feast. lol

NineMiles 2019-05-06 14:57:44 

In reply to SnoopDog

Was about to post that and expecting you and Endsie to go raving mad again... lol lol

Starbucks cup makes a cameo appearance on GoT big grin

Tryangle 2019-05-06 14:59:25 

In reply to SnoopDog

Ha. for a show that goes to the ends of the earth to preserve secrecy and the like,... perhaps that scene needed to be leaked so they rectify it. Will have to check tonight's replay lol

Cercei has no claim to the Throne. She was only the Queen regent (mother of the King). But no one questions her ascension

To be fair, she can claim right by conquest as well. She can rightfully say no Baratheons are left and the Targaryens have been excommunicated.

Not like there's a Tyrell or Martell around to make a claim (although apparently a new "Prince of Dorne" has arisen, because it's cool to throw around names at this stage of the game, show-runners).

SnoopDog 2019-05-06 15:11:08 

In reply to Tryangle

To be fair, she can claim right by conquest as well.

Who, what, which army did she conquer? In the British monarchy and laws of royal succession (which GOT is based on) I don't believe the Queen regent can ever ascend to the throne.

But whatever, this show is just a pile of shit now. Super ninja Arya will kill them all with her little Ginsu 2000 dagger, Jon Snow will be the democratically elected leader because he's the Obama of Westeros and everyone just loves him, and super annoying asshole Bronn will get his castle and chest full of gold coins.....because 'a Lannister always pays his debts'.

SnoopDog 2019-05-06 15:15:04 

In reply to Tryangle

Ha. for a show that goes to the ends of the earth to preserve secrecy and the like,... perhaps that scene needed to be leaked so they rectify it. Will have to check tonight's replay

Oh it's there alright. The Dragon Queen tends to get a little cranky if she doesn't get her daily fracka mocha choca latte. lol

In reply to NineMiles

Was about to post that and expecting you and Endsie to go raving mad again.

Even the goddamn editors and quality control people have given up on this show. lol

Tryangle 2019-05-06 15:27:08 

In reply to SnoopDog

Probably gave her soy milk, no wonder she's all uptight.

D&D have mailed it in. HBO should have just let them make that Confederacy show and be done with it.

I'm at least glad that Tormund was able to get some. And that Podrick was able to get two.

DAVE400 2019-05-06 16:01:04 

Wait...that is a real faux pas??? Lol!!

Trinidave 2019-05-06 16:57:44 

Maaaan, you Monday Morning Military experts are so effing annoying.

This should have happened. How did that happen? I don't think dis or dat is believable.

You are phorquene watchin ah show where dragons hatched from hundred year old rocks, where a red woman (wid nice-arse titties TriniD must add) birthed a killer shadow-ghost from between her (I wish she wrap those around me) legs, to kill a King. You are talking about a show in which up to last week, the goal was to KILL moefoes who were ALREADY DEAD.

GTFOOFWYBS.

Bigzinc 2019-05-06 17:07:05 

In reply to Trinidave

Get The Fuxx Out Of Fuxxing Westoros You Bitcing Skunxx

i like...Tell them like it is

DAVE400 2019-05-06 17:23:18 

In reply to Trinidave

Bruh...the ridiculousness was skillfully created in the early seasons...now it just clumsy.

Tryangle 2019-05-06 18:10:21 

In reply to Trinidave

where a red woman (wid nice-arse titties TriniD must add)

Melisandre last week.
Missandei this week.

If the show's going out of the way to bump off the finest women then I think Dany better watch out she's next on deck (from the remaining lot).

imusic 2019-05-06 18:54:22 

In reply to SnoopDog

This show is all but dead to me

Is a good thing

Imagine if you had interest.....POINT would seem terse by comparison

SnoopDog 2019-05-07 14:02:36 

In reply to iTito and Tittiedave

Is a good thing

Well that's the thing fellas. The reason the show is dead to so many people, and has been so since about season 5, is that because until that point it was the very pinnacle of great television. It reflected the books really well in that the characters and their story arcs were well written, logical, and consistent. The Red Wedding for example was shocking but it was entirely consistent because the show had previously set up that event with the idea that one does not betray the Freys and suffer no consequences.

And then the TV writers ran out of source materials and HBO left it to them write the remainder for the series. And instead of a continuation of sharp and witty dialog, logical conclusions, and consistent and congruent story arcs, we have writing which wouldn't pass a grade 10 drama class and which only impresses fcuking morons like you two.

SnoopDog 2019-05-07 14:45:34 

In reply to Trinidave

Maaaan, you Monday Morning Military experts are so effing annoying.

This should have happened. How did that happen? I don't think dis or dat is believable.

You are phorquene watchin ah show where dragons hatched from hundred year old rocks, where a red woman (wid nice-arse titties TriniD must add) birthed a killer shadow-ghost from between her (I wish she wrap those around me) legs, to kill a King. You are talking about a show in which up to last week, the goal was to KILL moefoes who were ALREADY DEAD.

GTFOOFWYBS.

Maaaaaan, fcuk off with that shit. It's a work of fiction. We know. But the story still has to make sense like the way it was when Martin was writing it.

Right now we have a story where an entire army was apparently laid waste in a matter of seconds yet half of them show up on the next episode ready to fight.

Bigzinc 2019-05-07 15:12:55 

In reply to SnoopDog

Right now we have a story where an entire army was apparently laid waste in a matter of seconds yet half of them show up on the next episode ready to fight.

The Night King is alive and well big grin big grin big grin

SnoopDog 2019-05-07 15:25:20 

In reply to Bigzinc

The Night King is alive and well

The NK is no match for Cercei and her fear-inspiring ever present smirk. Not to mention that he can't even beat a teenager who lost her virginity the night before.

Bigzinc 2019-05-07 15:28:14 

In reply to SnoopDog

Cersei will blow up the entire kingdom to get her way..the baddest person in westeros..The Kingslayear (Night) Arya will do her in.

SnoopDog 2019-05-07 15:28:19 

In reply to DAVE400

Bruh...the ridiculousness was skillfully created in the early seasons...now it just clumsy.

Tyrion - Season 2

Tyrion - Season 6

SnoopDog 2019-05-07 15:31:19 

In reply to Bigzinc

Cersei will blow up the entire kingdom to get her way..the baddest person in westeros.

She doesn't have to blow anything up.

Her smirk alone will win the war. Notice they barely write any sort of meaningful dialog for Cercei. She just stands/sits there and smirks (Dr. Evil style). They might as well give her a fluffy white cat to stroke while she's smirking away.

carl0002 2019-05-07 15:58:45 

May hope is that they all kill each other and the last 2, die at the end on the point of each others sword. That way they cant resurrect this crap ever again. lol lol

Oh! oh, and the 2 dragons burn each other leaving their tails.

Bigzinc 2019-05-07 16:06:13 

In reply to carl0002

there is only one dragon left...

carl0002 2019-05-07 16:26:15 

In reply to Bigzinc
Oh! that's a problem.
Maybe it will swallow an icicle and out the furnace in his belly, which eventually kills it.

You know one thing I was never able to reconcile was how does a dragon that became a frozen walking dead was still able to spew fire with a blue flame. Even hotter than the original dragon. How it didn't melt itself was truly a thing of wonder. Shouldn't it be spewing icicles instead.

shock shock
lol lol lol lol lol

Bigzinc 2019-05-07 16:33:19 

In reply to carl0002

its fantasy so dont expect too much logic... i mean that it was resurrected right...

SnoopDog 2019-05-07 18:53:04 

In reply to carl0002

May hope is that they all kill each other and the last 2, die at the end on the point of each others sword. That way they cant resurrect this crap ever again. lol lol

Oh! oh, and the 2 dragons burn each other leaving their tails.

You've just conjured up a better ending than what the show-runners will eventually and inevitably give us. lol

ray 2019-05-08 04:18:04 

yet yall watch and comment lol

DAVE400 2019-05-08 11:24:13 

In reply to SnoopDog

Boy...I remember that Tyrion playing of those three of the smartest most cunning dudes in Westeros...that was boss writing...

..but the series has been progessivel dumbed down...turning complex characters into either noble or malicious...easy pickings for a mostly American audience who loves it black and white...or should I say white with black antagonists...

And yall actually think Trump had to steal an election in USA? Lol!

(Side note: Trump is the greatest US president of this century)

Yah keep people dumb they do dumb things...end of story...

And for the life of me I cant understand the likes of Trinidave and imusic who rail against President Trump...yet when I humbly and selflessly contribute to threads this with the intent of re-engineering the mindset that created Trump I get shouted down instead of being thanked.

Why do I even bother?

Tryangle 2019-05-09 15:05:25 

In reply to DAVE400

Boy...I remember that Tyrion playing of those three of the smartest most cunning dudes in Westeros...that was boss writing...

That was indeed excellent play-by-play all around showing Tyrion talking continuously and seamlessly flipping to each of Pycelle, Baelish and Varys.

Good times. True to the source material and rendered on-screen brilliantly.

Not this ambushing a flying dragon bollocks because Euron is the great leveller nonsense.

steveo 2019-05-09 15:30:03 

In reply to Tryangle

The stupidest people are not D&D but the fans expecting these two guys to be able to replicate what GRR Martin has been doing since 1996 at a faster pace than GRR Martin.

DAVE400 2019-05-09 15:30:20 

Littlefinger v Varys

steveo 2019-05-09 15:35:40 

Anyway, it looks like Dany is screwed in all ways, hope she at least gets to flee back to Mereen...

Cerci seems to be winning the war but Arya or Jaime will end her...

Seems like Tyrion or Jon Snow might take the throne

I was thinking the Golden Company might switch allegiances and swing the war, but they and their allegiance to the Targerens have never been properly developed in the show, so I doubt it

I see some youtube fans are saying that rhaegal ddid not die (or will be have 2 lives like his new owner, Jon snow)..., it would be awesome to have rhaegal dback, playing decoy and drawning out the ships while drogon swoops in and burns the bitches...

DAVE400 2019-05-09 16:02:24 

In reply to steveo

I cant invest anymore time into analyzing this show..it is outside the realm of logic.

steveo 2019-05-09 16:15:20 

In reply to DAVE400

I cant invest anymore time into analyzing this show..it is outside the realm of logic

You just have to lower your expectations bro big grin big grin

Tryangle 2019-05-09 16:26:05 

In reply to steveo

The stupidest people are not D&D but the fans

There's probably an argument suggesting that fans are unrealistic in expecting the quality of S5-onwards to match the first four seasons...

But it's not just fans (whether ASOIAF fans, GoT fans, fantasy fans, casual fantasy watchers) who are finding bones to picks, it's professional reviewers across the spectrum. It's the kind of things that would kill off a series that didn't have the clout and reputation of Game of Thrones.

What's happening now is people are suggesting that D&D are just wrapping it up as quick as possible so they can move to the Star Wars franchise; after all they've gotten the $$$, stand to gain much more going forward. No pressure to pay attention to detail as millions of fans are going to watch regardless and HBO's making a fortune off it.

Anyway though - penultimate episode is coming up. Surely there's going to be a bunch more drama and likely a bunch of fighting of some sort. I wouldn't expect any new faces on the scene (e.g. Robin, Dorne, the Iron Bank).

All we really know is that Jon's group is going to link up with Dany's. A little bit behind will be the assassin team of Arya and the Hound, and a bit behind them will be Jamie. It's likely that those stragglers will find a way to sneak into the City while the tension builds.

And in the north, Sansa tries to figure out how to usurp Dany - whether Bran chooses to chime in, who knows. She still has Brienne with her, and I'm guessing Sam and Gilly are sticking around for the time being.

There better be some kind of conflict between Euron and Cersei though, to keep things interesting within the KL walls.

imusic 2019-05-09 16:32:14 

In reply to DAVE400

I cant invest anymore time into analyzing this show..it is outside the realm of logic.

It was logical to believe a boy could fall the equivalent of the top of a 10 story building and end up with just a broken back? Not to mention that he travel from there to the Wall while somehow staying alive?

Or to believe in Night Walkers?

Or that ravens could cover vast distances in less time than a jetliner?

Etc Etc Etc

Get real bruh. The genre was, is, and will always be FANTASY

More likely this is just your coping mechanism to deal with the pending end of a loved one. In this case, a fantasy TV show. cool

DAVE400 2019-05-09 16:34:04 

You behaving like jah jah eh.

imusic 2019-05-09 16:34:59 

BTW, The Wire retains its perch atop the very best in television ......EVER

steveo 2019-05-09 16:39:28 

In reply to Tryangle

There better be some kind of conflict between Euron and Cersei though

Yes there is fertile ground there for baby-daddy drama, all introduced by Tyrion, who says he no longer knows how to play the game big grin big grin

Tryangle 2019-05-09 17:05:23 

In reply to steveo

After they killed off the goddess Missandei I want them to Dracarys everything and everyone lol

DAVE400 2019-05-09 17:26:48 

In reply to steveo

I want to know how dotish is Euron...he at least have to ask Cerci where Tyrion knowledge of baby come from seeing as she broke the news to Euron as if he were first non-clinical recipient...

Maybe she WhatsApp him in Starbucks??

steveo 2019-05-09 18:00:47 

In reply to Tryangle

After they killed off the goddess Missandei I want them to Dracarys everything and everyone

greyworm is with u on that big grin big grin

steveo 2019-05-09 18:19:02 

In reply to DAVE400

I want to know how dotish is Euron

He just happy to be there big grin

SnoopDog 2019-05-10 14:18:50 

In reply to DAVE400

She forgot about the Iron Fleet.

I wish the Mad King could return and just burn this entire season to the ground.

ray 2019-05-10 19:40:00 

In reply to SnoopDog

dude...we still got to have a King on the Iron Throne... lol

DAVE400 2019-05-10 19:57:55 

In reply to SnoopDog

shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock

DAVE400 2019-05-10 19:59:15 

Key question...does Dany have any leadership credentials without her Dragons and the Dothraki loyalty?

ray 2019-05-10 20:01:46 

In reply to DAVE400

She may have a good heart...but that's it. My son, who read the books...said that she was not portrayed a a good leader

imusic 2019-05-13 04:29:01 

THE MAD QUEEN!

Dat is all

DAVE400 2019-05-13 04:31:54 

Woah! The flaws will be spoken about but for now...

Wow!

What a capture of terror...excellent film making..

Phenomenal...

imusic 2019-05-13 05:49:56 

In reply to DAVE400

Terror in total

Something anti climactic about Cersei’s demise tho

She deserved much worse. She shoulda get a Dracarys in she MC twisted evil cool

Varys must be Baskin death not fair lol

NineMiles 2019-05-13 06:49:43 

In reply to DAVE400

What a capture of terror...excellent film making..

I believe that's the nicest ting you've said about GoT for a long time. lol

Dany has gone bonkers and only her nephew/lover can stop her.

steveo 2019-05-13 11:14:29 

Powerful episode, leaders make selfish decisions and the masses suffer

Denerys madness was understandable, Cersi was mad before being pushed and was very sympathetically treated by Jaime at the very end

Expect Tyrion, Sansa to be on the chopping block next episode, or maybe Jon becomes a queen slayer

DAVE400 2019-05-13 11:26:44 

What I liked: Tyrion and Jaime farewell...excellently executed.

Arya finally saying thanks to sandor...and him really giving advice to her sans profanity...real father daughter moment..

The awesome power and terror invoked...

What I could ah done without...having to ignore the dragon breath hitherto unknown power to disintegrate concrete.

steveo 2019-05-13 11:34:33 

In reply to DAVE400

What I could ah done without...having to ignore the dragon breath hitherto unknown power to disintegrate concrete.

You missed it...that exact power was explained before youtube

Look at this shot

DAVE400 2019-05-13 11:43:13 

In reply to steveo

Ok.

DAVE400 2019-05-13 11:49:04 

I found this episode portrayed the insanity of a war of "liberation" excellently.

Tryangle 2019-05-13 12:43:37 

Well, well. Dany this episode suddenly knows how to handle Drogon. Last time she couldn't spot the Iron Fleet, this time she hides in front of the sun then swoops in and lights up the entire lot of them big grin

Spare a thought for Varys, though. He was perhaps overreaching in the first place and Dany wasn't about to let that slide after her recent losses.

So much to discuss though. Lemme just leave two observations here for now:

1. Grey Worm definitely was in the Eff Em All camp - no surrender, no mercy. Poor Jon wasn't prepared.

2. Cersei - well this didn't match the book prohpecy one bit, she certainly got a better fate than viewers hoped.

More later.

ray 2019-05-13 13:31:48 

What kind of conclusion will GOT have?

What will ARya do?

What will Jon do?

What about Sansa and the North?

SnoopDog 2019-05-13 13:38:58 

In reply to Tryangle

1. So Dany goes from the breaker of chains, great emancipator of slaves, fighter for the forces of good against the NK and army of the dead, and great humanitarian (for 8 1/2 seasons) to completely and utterly batshyte crazy in like 1/2 an episode?

2. Cercei goes from being a batshyte crazy evil soccer mom Queen (for 8 1/2 seasons) to a redemptive tragic figure who gets to die in the arms of the man she loves (Oh Romeo...Romeo....) in like 1/2 an episode?

3. Move over Fat Sam - Ninja Warrior Arya has the best plot armor this side of the narrow sea. Buildings collapse and kill everyone around our little power ranger heroine but she survives to ride a white horse and kill our latest super evil villain (whoever the fcuk that is). Girl power!

4. Tyrion - I wish they would just have him trip over some pebbles near a cliff and end it for him...and for us. This character is now a total ruin. His last exchange with Jaime was good and probably the last decent dialogue written for him.

5. Varys - His death and fate should have been Cercei's - Fcuk you showrunners.

6. Euron - The dreaded Disney cartoon pirate washes up ashore precisely at the same time as Jaime is on that very same shore. What was the point of this stupid character and his story arc (in the show not the books)? Oh yeah, the plot needed someone to kill one of the dragons at some point this season.

7. Jaime - so much for his redemption arc.

8. The Hound/Zombie - Meh.

9. Qyburn - best and most satisfying and fitting death all season.

10. Jon Snow - What an idiot. What a pussy. He would make a shit leader/King of whatever remains of Westeros.

ray 2019-05-13 13:57:13 

In reply to SnoopDog

Dany went batshit because she was frustrated over Jon, she was upset people seem to like him versus her, she had lost 2 dragons, sHe saw Missandai head chopped off, she was being betrayed etc etc

She snapped!

SnoopDog 2019-05-13 14:10:53 

In reply to ray

Dany went batshit because she was frustrated over Jon, she was upset people seem to like him versus her, she had lost 2 dragons, sHe saw Missandai head chopped off, she was being betrayed etc etc

Yes, she didn't take her meds and she "snapped".

Her descent into madness, like her father before her, was a popular fan theory since about season 6. But these halfwit show-runners could have taken the time to show how it happened. Instead, they rushed it because they can't write a proper story for shit and made Sansa (for no apparent reason) the one who caused Dany to become insecure and the death of Messandei (it's fcuking war and people die) as the final straw. Why not have Messandei's death as a deal gone bad because Cercei promised not to kill Messandei in exchange for something (where Dany fulfills her end of the bargain) and then kills her out of pure spite. That would have been more believable and made more sense.

As for her and Jon? A marriage between the two eliminates all this "who is the rightful heir" nonsense.

ray 2019-05-13 14:49:24 

In reply to SnoopDog

Sansa may yet get the throne when all is said and done

carl0002 2019-05-13 14:52:24 

I did not watch it but based on the discussion it seems my prediction might be coming through after all. If the dragon swallows an icicle left over from a misplaced starbucks ice smoothie next episode I wonder who will take the blame.
lol lol lol lol

DAVE400 2019-05-13 16:59:52 

The moral of GOT...dont cry if you stuck in the friend zone ...she just may be a psycho bitch.

Tryangle 2019-05-13 17:10:49 

In reply to SnoopDog

More wonky writing - Davos, Varys AND Tyrion have all brought up marriage, however neither Dany nor Jon have mentioned it. Why don't these people talk to each other?

Hellraiser 2019-05-13 17:52:25 

In reply to DAVE400

The moral of GOT...dont cry if you stuck in the friend zone ...she just may he a psycho bitch.

Ding! Ding! Ding!. Absolutely correct.
She gave up the punani to Jon, now he refusing it. That is why she gone bat-shit crazy. The death of Missandai, loss of her dragons and other trivial issues had nothing to do with it.

Remember, Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

SnoopDog 2019-05-13 17:59:55 

In reply to Tryangle and ray

More wonky writing - Davos, Varys AND Tyrion have all brought up marriage, however neither Dany nor Jon have mentioned it. Why don't these people talk to each other?

Exactly!

Positives from this episode: I really enjoyed the CGI stuff especially the scenes of KL from above as the dragon was sending down tomahawk missiles on the Iron Fleet and commoners. It would have made more sense if it was the NK and his zombie dragon doing it but that's for another rant.

Other observations: I guess Ninja Arya will ride off to kill the Mad Queen and probably die a heroic death in the process which the showrunners can then say "see, no plot armor on Ninja Arya!". rolleyes

The Golden Company: Thanks for showing up and doing sweet fcuk all.

Bronn: Cercei can't pay him. Jaime can't pay him (assuming they are both dead as this show is now in soap territory and they may show up next episode with barely 2 scratches to their faces). Only Tyrion can pay him and he may become dragon snack next episode. So is that character done and dusted? If so, what a shitty final scene in episode 4. Par for course though.

ray 2019-05-13 18:08:07 

is the final episode like 5 hours to close all the loopholes lol

My son and I had a heated argument about the quality of this Season...him saying that D & D has done a horrible job while I say that it is what it is, maybe they just want to speed along the process. He thinks like you Snoop, wants more richer dialogue and better story lines, no matter how long it takes lol

SnoopDog 2019-05-13 18:13:52 

In reply to ray

He thinks like you Snoop, wants more richer dialogue and better story lines, no matter how long it takes

He's a smart kid. His ole man should listen to him more often. big grin

Tryangle 2019-05-13 18:23:39 

In reply to SnoopDog

Mind you, a spinoff of Tormund and Bronn and Brienne would be comedy gold!

The Golden Company: Thanks for showing up and doing sweet fcuk all.

So the most menacing thing Strickland did was telling Cersei they couldn't afford (CGI) elephants. Ha.

Ninja Arya

The show did a good job of turning her back into a scared (although aware) girl after leaving the Red Keep and the switching between her struggles and the Hound taking a beating was a cinematographer's dream.

The sudden white horse appearance seemed more than contrived, but whatever, show. I expect her to meet Sansa, get final conversation with her, then back to KL in a blink to do whatever needs to get done.

To Davos for a second - and I love Davos - and while he's smart and wise, he's no fighter. For him to be at the forefront in KL is a bit ludicrous. Glad he survived.

The so-called CleganeBowl went as expected, I figured they'd kill each other off anyway. Sandor's "just f..ing die" quip was funny.

Euron - The dreaded Disney cartoon pirate

Why the show didn't go the next step and have Euron twirl his mustache, I'll never know. Anyway, the show seems to treat him as a fan favourite with the whole "I killed Jamie fookin' Lannister" blurb. The actor seems fine and all but that character was a mess. Surprised neither talked about a baby in Cersei during their chat.

Qyburn getting unceremoniously dispatched probably needed to happen, but it was a bit weird as he was the voice of reason with Cersei at the end.

On Tyrion - I didn't catch the full dialogue with him and Varys and Jamie, but I'll rewatch more attentively on replay. Looks like Tyrion felt he had no choice but to rat out Varys to save his bacon, otherwise both of them would be marshmallowed. I'm surprised that Dany didn't at least revoke his status; the fact that Dany had very few true allies at that point probably had a role. Grey Worm's her only real ride-and-die but he's the military leader, not the politician. Tyrion seemed to have a very heartfelt bit with Jamie and knew he'd never see him again. Where does he go now? Certainly his position as Hand must be untenable now.

Scar 2019-05-13 18:46:09 

Did a second view. I noticed that in certain areas within the walls the explosions wre green similar to Cersi's destrution of the Temple and its inhabitants and followers. She may have had a trap set to destroy everything withon a certain part of the city perimeters.

Tryangle 2019-05-13 18:59:33 

In reply to Scar

I think that she had Qyburn try to produce more wildfire in preparation for Dany, it's possible that it was stored somewhere but there likely wasn't enough to throw at Dany's forces (much less her dragon). But I do like that suggestion of a trap - which would work for several of the Unsullied+North soldiers on-foot.

imusic 2019-05-13 19:39:09 

Twitter saying that during Jamie’s and Cersei’s reunion and fembracd, Jamie’s hand grew back

Another editing blunder

steveo 2019-05-13 19:42:01 

In reply to imusic

Twitter saying that during Jamie’s and Cersei’s reunion and fembracd, Jamie’s hand grew back

That was not his hand growing lol lol

steveo 2019-05-13 19:46:17 

In reply to ray

My son and I had a heated argument about the quality of this Season...him saying that D & D has done a horrible job while I say that it is what it is, maybe they just want to speed along the process. He thinks like you Snoop, wants more richer dialogue and better story lines, no matter how long it takes

Poor analysis by your boy, D & D did not have GRRM material to work with, they are trying to hit the plot points indicated by him

Anyway, in later times we may hear that HBO put some serious leash on those guys with budget etc, those battle scenes are not cheap

powen001 2019-05-14 00:00:15 

In reply to ray

Bang on.

Jons rejecting her was the last straw

DAVE400 2019-05-14 01:10:22 

....I have got to ask...

...where all those Dothraki came from???

Scar 2019-05-14 01:42:19 

In reply to DAVE400

Wasnt a lot as b4. Have to think she kept some nearby during the fight wid the dead as she trusted dem and the undullied more than any to help protect her

Tryangle 2019-05-14 14:53:47 

In reply to SnoopDog

Why Varys really had to die

Trinidave 2019-05-14 15:44:09 

In reply to SnoopDog

1. So Dany goes from the breaker of chains, great emancipator of slaves, fighter for the forces of good against the NK and army of the dead, and great humanitarian (for 8 1/2 seasons) to completely and utterly batshyte crazy in like 1/2 an episode?

2. Cercei goes from being a batshyte crazy evil soccer mom Queen (for 8 1/2 seasons) to a redemptive tragic figure who gets to die in the arms of the man she loves (Oh Romeo...Romeo....) in like 1/2 an episode?

3. Move over Fat Sam - Ninja Warrior Arya has the best plot armor this side of the narrow sea. Buildings collapse and kill everyone around our little power ranger heroine but she survives to ride a white horse and kill our latest super evil villain (whoever the fcuk that is). Girl power!

4. Tyrion - I wish they would just have him trip over some pebbles near a cliff and end it for him...and for us. This character is now a total ruin. His last exchange with Jaime was good and probably the last decent dialogue written for him.

5. Varys - His death and fate should have been Cercei's - Fcuk you showrunners.

6. Euron - The dreaded Disney cartoon pirate washes up ashore precisely at the same time as Jaime is on that very same shore. What was the point of this stupid character and his story arc (in the show not the books)? Oh yeah, the plot needed someone to kill one of the dragons at some point this season.

7. Jaime - so much for his redemption arc.

8. The Hound/Zombie - Meh.

9. Qyburn - best and most satisfying and fitting death all season.

10. Jon Snow - What an idiot. What a pussy. He would make a shit leader/King of whatever remains of Westeros.

1. Horrible writing on Danny's character arc. Very heavy-handed. The writers quoted lines from the book to emphasize that Danny's family is cray cray (her parents are brother and sister) and that they can go cray cray at the drop of a hat. But TriniD still tinks de Danny arc was crammed.

2. Cersei's character has always been like this. The "shame shame shame" walk was sympathetic to her. Throughout the 8 seasons, Cersei has periodically shown vulnerable human moments. This is why her character is so appealing.

3. Arya has had "Ninja" training every single season, so this too is consistent and believable within the context of the show.

4. Tyrion's character has suffered from poor writing. His intelligence has vacated him this last season especially..

5. I don't agree. Cersei's death was fine, IF SHE IS DEAD. I need to see the body and the tag on the toe.

6. Euron was cartoonish, and did die like an ass.

7. No problem here. Jaime was consistently Jaime, faithful too his sister and conflicted. That sister-punan twisted his brain.

8. The Hound dissapointed me. Zombie/Undead 101 is to chop off the head.

9. Qyburn... Ha Ha. That was kind of funny.

10. Jon Snow, like ALL STARK men are self-righteously reckless, always shackled by delusions of what is right. His behavior is very consistent as well. No problem with the show here.

imusic 2019-05-14 16:36:07 

In reply to Scar

Wasnt a lot as b4. Have to think she kept some nearby during the fight wid the dead as she trusted dem and the undullied more than any to help protect her

Some also managed to make it back from the charge at the wights

Tryangle 2019-05-14 16:42:11 

In reply to imusic

They didn't do a great job explaining how many returned from the Winterfell battle. We saw every torch snuffed out when they charged at the undead, and only small scatterings of Dothraki ran back to the fortress. It made it seem like they were virtually wiped out;... when King's Landing showed that there was still a thousand or more of them ready to go.

Scar's suggestion of a few being held in reserve makes sense, problem is that there's no Dothraki POV character or other person of interest alive from that group, unlike the Unsullied with Grey Worm. They killed Rahkaro back in Essos - and they haven't bothered to explain what became of Aggo and Kovarro, the other bloodriders.

steveo 2019-05-14 18:48:37 

So the person that saved westeros and lost the most in defending it, is now the most villified character in the show

Every man rass would be a white walker had it not been for danny

90% of the bad man on the show would have died had she not shown up with her dragons to save them from the night king, losing one of them in the process

Really weird turn to take, however it does make a valid point: past good deeds should not give u a blank cheque for future actions

Would jon snow not have turned into a mad targeryn as well if he had a dragon while witnessing Rickon's death?

In fact he led his men to their death and sansa had to save his 'best suited to rule' ass.

Tryangle 2019-05-14 18:59:43 

In reply to steveo

Jon did lose his composure in the BotB; mind you if Jon had a dragon there'd have been far less wildling/Night's Watch deaths.

Would *he* have been all "eff them all" in Dany's situation? Probably not, but that's because his upbringing was way different. He was brought up a Snow and had Ned as a father figure. Dany was fed all the stories from Viserys. But good discussion to bring up.

Basically it's come down to this - Dany (yikes), Jon (who seems to be about to bail) or some combination of Sansa and Tyrion.

At least one of those four may perish in the aftermath of Dany seizing the Throne.

If Dany goes though, someone's gonna have to off the dragon and there are no more scorpions.

imusic 2019-05-14 19:04:54 

In reply to steveo

So the person that saved westeros and lost the most in defending it, is now the most villified character in the show

Every man rass would be a white walker had it not been for danny

90% of the bad man on the show would have died had she not shown up with her dragons to save them from the night king, losing one of them in the process

Not jes dat

Who Dey send as cannon fodder for de wights?

De Dothraki

Who Dey had next in line to defend Westeros?

De Unsullied

Is dem same Northerners dat was lookin down dey nose at Melisandre and Grey Worm dat get save by de Dothraki and Unsullied sacrifice. Dem expendable so dat while people could live.

And de kicker.....not even de wildlings was involve in sacrifice. Pecking order on full display.

Is no different in real life. Dey might call dis fantasy genre, but even in dat, “art” still imitating “life” in a very REAL way

Dany was de white savior come to rescue de helpless people of color. And dey praising she “Meesa, Meesa” in de process.

Same shit.....different show

DAVE400 2019-05-14 19:06:12 

they start filming the prequel

steveo 2019-05-14 19:06:23 

In reply to Tryangle

Would *he* have been all "eff them all" in Dany's situation?

Dany made a decision to rule by fear. It not just a "bat shit" action, it was a calculated decision on how to rule, which she was forced to take. Why do you think the Red keep was made red by the Targeryns? To scare the shite out of you when you glanced up to their home of power.

By the way, I already know the ending (if you can believe the internet). There is a guy out there that predicted the season before it started and he has been right all along, he shared the info about the ending too. Found it out when Dave started threating to spoil.

steveo 2019-05-14 19:13:18 

In reply to imusic

I dont identify with any colour on the show. I dont think about that, thats me. When I watch indian movies, also, I do not identify with the colours. I do identify with characters. But this is from GRRM mouth

imusic 2019-05-14 19:36:02 

In reply to steveo

Dany made a decision to rule by fear. It not just a "bat shit" action, it was a calculated decision on how to rule, which she was forced to take. Why do you think the Red keep was made red by the Targeryns? To scare the shite out of you when you glanced up to their home of power

I agree with this

Back in season 7 I think it was, Lady Olenna told Dany “you’re a dragon. Be a dragon”

At the end of the day, Dany is a forkane dragon. She jes let it loose last episode.

imusic 2019-05-14 19:38:01 

In reply to steveo

I dont identify with any colour on the show. I dont think about that, thats me. When I watch indian movies, also, I do not identify with the colours. I do identify with characters.

It’s not a matter of identifying.

However, if you choose to ignore it, entirely your prerogative, as it’s mine to recognize it.

Tryangle 2019-05-14 19:40:32 

In reply to steveo

Dany made a decision to rule by fear

Yes and she alluded to it in her interaction with Jon - love wasn't going to work, so fear would have to do.

Made sense considering that her conciliatory approach as advised by the likes of Varys and Tyrion (and against the advise of Ellaria and Olenna) - was scuppered when Euron raided the Dorne/Yara's fleet, Cersei abandoned them when headed north, Cersei executed Missandei just because. She struggled to get the North behind her cause.

The bells meant nothing to her at that point, she already made up her mind and was simply steeling herself for the assault on the Red Keep and surrounding areas.

My wife can't help herself so she has that 'spoilers' list as well. lol lol lol I told her keep it to herself, I can wait one more week to see what D&D do with the saga.

DAVE400 2019-05-14 19:54:38 

What happened to Yara btw???

Tryangle 2019-05-14 20:02:15 

In reply to DAVE400

I expect her to come in next episode like this

ray 2019-05-14 20:17:37 

In reply to imusic

surely imitates life...it is what makes it good (sadly)

DAVE400 2019-05-15 12:38:53 

Varys speaks to youtube

SnoopDog 2019-05-15 13:41:43 

In reply to Tryangle

Why Varys really had to die

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! lol lol

There are a few YouTubers out there who have taken it upon themselves to write their own version of Season 8. And you know what? Their versions are infinitely better than the pile of shyte served up so far by HBO and their moronic show-runners.

I saw a clip from one of the earlier seasons when Auntie Dany had a vision/dream. She is shown walking around the red keep and throne room which has been completely destroyed. Snow is falling from above and then the gate at the wall opens up and she walks trough it into a frozen beyond.

Apparently this is foreshadowing of what happened in the last episode. Except the doofues D&D couldn't be bothered to write a script which was consistent with this apparent foreshadowing.

SnoopDog 2019-05-15 13:53:55 

In reply to DAVE400

What happened to Yara btw???

The same thing that happened to "Winter is Coming", the Night King, Dorne, Daario, Bronn, Sweetrobin, House Tyrell, Ilyn Payne (he was on Ninja Arya's hit list - until he wasn't, with no explanation), Kinvara, Edmure Tully, Aeron Greyjoy etc.

Tryangle 2019-05-15 14:33:21 

In reply to SnoopDog

Poor Edmure still in the dungeons at The Twins wondering why nobody's visited him in months lol lol lol

DAVE400 2019-05-15 14:34:56 

Yall checked out the link above? Varys' actor has interesting things to say.

SnoopDog 2019-05-15 14:47:16 

In reply to DAVE400

Yall checked out the link above? Varys' actor has interesting things to say.

Yeah, I saw it. Not surprised. There are interviews of Emilia Clarke and Kit Harrington where they pretty much admit Season 8 is a disaster.

Best season evah! lol

SnoopDog 2019-05-15 14:55:47 

In reply to DAVE400 & Tryangle

Inside the Dumbassery - from that Aussie guy again. Excellent stuff.

Trinidave 2019-05-15 15:01:48 

Danny went phorquene full CRAY CRAY.

TriniD don't want to hear BS about how she made a decision to instill fear. Crazy people make decisions too.

And she did instill FEAR, dat's why the army surrendered.

But guess what? She lost control, and systematically and unconscionably mowed down innocent women and children AFTER fear won. She won, THEN she murdered everyone.

I could see her not trusting Cersei, so by all means, fly your barbeque Grill directly tuh de Red Keep and eliminate Cersei. Why kill all those innocents?

She lost it. She went off script. Danny for years claimed protect people from exactly what she just did.

GTFOOHWTBS about her going according to plan. Mad people execute plans all de time.

Trinidave 2019-05-15 15:09:37 

In reply to DAVE400

....I have got to ask...

...where all those Dothraki came from???

Apparently from de dead.

steveo 2019-05-15 15:23:37 

In reply to Trinidave

TriniD don't want to hear BS about how she made a decision to instill fear. Crazy people make decisions too.

And she did instill FEAR, dat's why the army surrendered.

But guess what? She lost control, and systematically and unconscionably mowed down innocent women and children AFTER fear won. She won, THEN she murdered everyone.

I could see her not trusting Cersei, so by all means, fly your barbeque Grill directly tuh de Red Keep and eliminate Cersei. Why kill all those innocents?

She lost it. She went off script. Danny for years claimed protect people from exactly what she just did.

GTFOOHWTBS about her going according to plan. Mad people execute plans all de time.

Did you see the wild fire exploding as drogon burned down the city?

Could have been a welcome wagon by cerci, we all know she is capable of it, after all she buffered herself from dragon fire with peasants.

Dany might have saved the remaining people devoted to her, her armies with that barbque pit.

Dany has repeated shown mercy to kings landing after following Tyrion's advice. Mercy to Jamie, her father's killer. All to her detriment.

Tryangle 2019-05-15 15:26:24 

In reply to SnoopDog

Yep. The acting has been great, the cinematography excellent, the music and the like amazing, but while everybody else put in great effort, we're all cheated by nonsensical writing for these characters. A shame, for a series that could have finished as one of the best TV series EVER.

Trinidave 2019-05-15 15:29:18 

In reply to steveo

Did you see the wild fire exploding as drogon burned down the city?

Dude! When things burn, THINGS BURN.

Danny's decision was dat of an unhinged person.

Trinidave 2019-05-15 15:34:59 

In reply to Tryangle

The acting has been great, the cinematography excellent, the music and the like amazing, but while everybody else put in great effort, we're all cheated by nonsensical writing for these characters.

TriniD thinks Cersei's character has been well done throughout. So too has Jaime's.

Sansa's character arc has also been well done.

Arya too, although there are those who refuse to believe that a woman/girl who has been trained all her life to be an assassin, and who worshiped a God of many faces, can do what she did and does. I have NO problem with Arya being a hero.

But Tyrion, for an intelligent person, has turned rather simple.

Danny's transformation into the Mad Queen was not nuanced enough, and was rushed.

Uron was cartoonish, and I'm not sure what purpose he served, except for humor.

So there has been hits and misses.

steveo 2019-05-15 15:35:32 

In reply to Trinidave

Danny's decision was dat of an unhinged person.

Thats what you fellas dont get, you need to be unhinged to rule the 7 kingdoms lol lol

This is not your everyday thing

Anyway, next episode should balance out things

Trinidave 2019-05-15 15:43:55 

In reply to steveo

Thats what you fellas dont get, you need to be unhinged to rule the 7 kingdoms

I can agree tuh dis statement.

SnoopDog 2019-05-15 15:48:03 

In reply to Trinidave

Arya too, although there are those who refuse to believe that a woman/girl who has been trained all her life to be an assassin, and who worshiped a God of many faces, can do what she did and does. I have NO problem with Arya being a hero.

For the last fcuking time Bro, NO.

Arya did not "train all her life to be an assassin". She got lessons on sword fighting from a dude with a wooden sword who got killed by Meyran Fucking Trant of all people (to quote The Hound) who had a real sword. Then she rode around aimlessly with the Brotherhood Without Banners and we see her getting ONE....ONE fcuking lesson in archery.

Then she rode around aimlessly with the Hound for an entire season where we see her get ONE...ONE fcuking lesson on where the heart is located on the human body (because it's so difficult to locate).

Then she goes to Braavos where for an entire season she mostly sweeps up shit, cleans dead bodies, get the living snot beaten out of her by the Waif, sells seafood, fails on her ONE...AND ONLY ONE fcuking assassination mission, breaks the rules of Faceless men, goes blind, gets kicked out of assassin school, gets the snot beaten out of her once again by the Waif, gets stabbed multiple times in the abdomen, falls into raw sewage, somehow survives both the stab wounds and not getting a fatal infection from the raw sewage going into the open wounds, then miraculously kills the Waif.....and pooooooofffff - SHE'S A SUPER ASSASSIN!

Stick to Disney cartoons Bro.

Bigzinc 2019-05-15 16:09:44 

In reply to SnoopDog

you guys taking this fantasy stuff way tooooo seriously..

Its fantasy with dragons and magic.... poof up in smoke...

go watch the lord of the rings trilogy... brilliant stuff

SnoopDog 2019-05-15 16:20:09 

In reply to Bigzinc

you guys taking this fantasy stuff way tooooo seriously..

Its fantasy with dragons and magic.... poof up in smoke...

go watch the lord of the rings trilogy... brilliant stuff

Well if you've invested 8 years of watching the show of course you're going to take it seriously. On top of that, the first 4 seasons were a brilliant adaptation of the books.

Story-lines and character arcs were beautifully and richly developed which led to logical conclusions and congruous with the characters even when some of those conclusions were unexpected. Then HBO ran out of the book materials and left it to the show-runners to write the remaining seasons and all the rich story-lines and character arcs went out the window and the show went to shit. It became all about fan service, pandering to memes, and explosions...lots of explosions - Michael Bay style.

The writing for this show post season 4 has been abysmal by even grade 9 standards.

Trinidave 2019-05-15 16:28:34 

In reply to SnoopDog

DUDE IT IS FANTASY. Does any of that Many Faced God thing make sense in a real world?

No. Because it is fantasy.

Let TriniD break it down fuh you. In fantasy books and movies, some people have special skills for specific situations. Dat de Night King would underestimate Arya is also brilliant and consistent.

But I know, maybe you needed a big strong manly man to do the job, because your inherent biases won't let you see otherwise.

Tryangle 2019-05-15 16:28:49 

In reply to SnoopDog

Well if you've invested 8 years of watching the show of course you're going to take it seriously. On top of that, the first 4 seasons were a brilliant adaptation of the books.

^This. And the other stuff you mention.

Criticism of TV shows has happened since TV shows became a thing. I don't think it's insane to discuss the failings of any show (fantasy or otherwise) that set a high bar in previous years.

The next TV or film adaptation of a good fantasy/sci-fi series will be held to equal or greater scrutiny going forward.

SnoopDog 2019-05-15 16:41:52 

In reply to Trinidave

DUDE IT IS FANTASY. Does any of that Many Faced God thing make sense in a real world?

No. Because it is fantasy.

Let TriniD break it down fuh you. In fantasy books and movies, some people have special skills for specific situations. Dat de Night King would underestimate Arya is also brilliant and consistent.

But I know, maybe you needed a big strong manly man to do the job, because your inherent biases won't let you see otherwise.

Of course it's fantasy. But that doesn't mean the writing has to be completely shit.

Are you actually saying that just because it's fantasy the writing can't be logical, congruous, or consistent with the story-lines and character arcs which were painstakingly crafted and developed over 4 years? That it's mutually exclusive?

Bro, you're the type of fan that seasons 5-8 was made for - absolute shitforbrains who will lap up anything these morons throw at them because it's got explosions, tits and ass, and badass Mary Sues.

SnoopDog 2019-05-15 16:48:06 

In reply to Trinidave

Dat de Night King would underestimate Arya is also brilliant and consistent.

Explain this assfcukery to all of us.

Take your time.

SnoopDog 2019-05-15 16:52:32 

In reply to Tryangle

^This. And the other stuff you mention.

Criticism of TV shows has happened since TV shows became a thing. I don't think it's insane to discuss the failings of any show (fantasy or otherwise) that set a high bar in previous years.

The next TV or film adaptation of a good fantasy/sci-fi series will be held to equal or greater scrutiny going forward.

It's fans like Trinidave which leads Dumb & Dumber to think they are great writers on par with Martin and Tolkein.

I can't imagine what they will do to the 'Star Wars' franchise which has already been thrown in to the shytepile by their buddy Rian Johnson.

DAVE400 2019-05-15 16:59:21 

In reply to SnoopDog

Dude!!!

That Aussie guy is phenomenal big grin big grin big grin

Trinidave 2019-05-15 17:49:03 

In reply to SnoopDog

But that doesn't mean the writing has to be completely shit.

Stop being obtuse and literal in a fantasy environment.

TriniD calls it as he sees it. Some areas of the writing are flawed, some are not.

Why can't Arya kill the Night King? Does she not fit the type of hero you're accustomed to? Dat does not seem to be a writing flaw, dat seems to be a personal bias flaw, not in the writer.

Trinidave 2019-05-15 17:50:04 

In reply to SnoopDog

Explain this assfcukery to all of us.

Take your time.

If you were the Night King, would you be afraid of Arya? NO!

Remember when Arya beat Brienne? Part of it was because Brienne underestimated her, part was because of her skill in flipping the knife from one hand to the other. Similar scenario with the Night King, similar move. It's believable especially given the Night King's mighty powers, no one cud beat him, less he underestimated them. Right?

You need to stop being obtuse.

Could you in detail explain how the Night King was to die.

Go ahead. Step by step.

SnoopDog 2019-05-15 18:01:10 

In reply to Trinidave

Dude you're being obtuse.

Go ahead. Step by step.

How about not dying at the hands of an annoying fcuking teenager who flunked out of assassin school and who couldn't have possibly known where the children of the forest had stuck their blade into the body of man who became the Night King.

Let me guess, that bit of continuity just went over your dumbass head.

Trinidave 2019-05-15 18:07:22 

In reply to SnoopDog

Remember when Arya beat Brienne? Part of it was because Brienne underestimated her, part was because of her skill in flipping the knife from one hand to the other. Similar scenario with the Night King, similar move. It's believable especially given the Night King's mighty powers, no one cud beat him, less he underestimated them. Right?

Again, it's your personal biases ruling here. You just cannot believe a girl could be the hero.

That's it.

But think about it, the only way he could really be beat is by underestimating his assailant, who in this case, happened to be a very gifted assailant here.

And for someone who failed assassin school, she handled those Freys, and she handled Brienne, and she handled those Wights. But she's a girl, so it's impossible.

Right?

Maybe if the writers gave her balls, you'd be more apt to believe.

SnoopDog 2019-05-15 18:10:22 

In reply to Trinidave

Why can't Arya kill the Night King? Does she not fit the type of hero you're accustomed to? Dat does not seem to be a writing flaw, dat seems to be a personal bias flaw, not in the writer.

Because the NK was not in her story arc you moron. She knew next to nothing about him. Nothing in her character development suggested she knew about his creation, how he controlled his army of the dead, how he created White Walkers etc.

For 7 1/2 seasons the story arc of the NK revolved around Jon Snow and Bran. Jon Snow was even revived from the dead so he could fulfill the prophesy of Azhor Ahai by defeating the NK. Bran's entire story arc revolved around the NK. There were fan theories that the NK was Bran. The NK's arc was set up as him being the very embodiment of death. That him and his army of the dead posed an existential threat to all humanity.

And for them to arbitrarily pick Arya to be the one to kill the NK, and kill him so easily and meekly, was absolute bullshit. It made no sense for people who watch the show and have functioning brain cells.

steveo 2019-05-15 18:11:45 

In reply to Trinidave

Go ahead. Step by step.

Jon snow would have confronted the night king and challenged him to one on one combat for westeros.

The night king being an honorable man, would have jumped off his dragon and accepted. His wights would be given instructions not to get entangled in his duel, also the night king wanting to show to the audience his phenomenal sword play ability, would agree to further terms of not using ice spears or causing earth quakes to suck in jon snow, or blizzards to mess with his visibility.

They would show up the next day at high noon, get into a sweaty contest, swinging from chandeliers and sliding down banisters, where eventually jon snow would get his thrust in, striking the death blow to the night kings chest. Some white walker bimbo would rush to the night king, crading his head on her lap, sobbing. Zoom, out scene dims.

Thats how you do it man. Completely original and realistic.

SnoopDog 2019-05-15 18:13:13 

In reply to Trinidave

Again, it's your personal biases ruling here. You just cannot believe a girl could be the hero.

That's it.

But think about it, the only way he could really be beat is by underestimating his assailant, who in this case, happened to be a very gifted assailant here.

And for someone who failed assassin school, she handled those Freys, and she handled Brienne, and she handled those Wights. But she's a girl, so it's impossible.

Right?

You're as smart as those halfwits that write this show. No wonder you love the absolute tripe they're peddling out.

SnoopDog 2019-05-15 18:16:19 

In reply to steveo

Jon snow would have confronted the night king and challenged him to one on one combat for westeros.

The night king being an honorable man, would have jumped off his dragon and accepted. His wights would be given instructions not to get entangled in his duel, also the night king wanting to show to the audience his phenomenal sword play ability, would agree to further terms of not using ice spears or causing earth quakes to suck in jon snow, or blizzards to mess with his visibility.

They would show up the next day at high noon, get into a sweaty contest, swinging from chandeliers and sliding down banisters, where eventually jon snow would get his thrust in, striking the death blow to the night kings chest. Some white walker bimbo would rush to the night king, crading his head on her lap, sobbing. Zoom, out scene dims.

Oh look. Another moron shows up.

SnoopDog 2019-05-15 18:17:36 

In reply to DAVE400

Dude!!!

That Aussie guy is phenomenal

That guy lays it bare. He's brilliant.

Tryangle 2019-05-15 18:22:55 

In reply to SnoopDog

I'll let that one slide with a bit of fanwankery to top it off because of the Melisandre prophecy bit (in the books Mel never met Arya). It's improbable that the NK after all the stuff he did could be outwitted by stealth, but it is what it is.

The most obvious what the hells that I've seen revolve around Tyrion, naturally.

Bronn literally told Tyrion AND Jamie that Cersei asked him to kill them with Joffrey's old crossbow.

Excusing that Jamie was still caught up in whatever was between Cersei's legs (man it must have been freaking great), for Tyrion to *still* believe that his sister had a kind spot, on top of her previous actions... it's the most idiotic thing. Tyrion Lannister is worse than Ned Stark.

SnoopDog 2019-05-15 18:25:32 

In reply to Tryangle

I'll let that one slide with a bit of fanwankery to top it off because of the Melisandre prophecy bit (in the books Mel never met Arya). It's improbable that the NK after all the stuff he did could be outwitted by stealth, but it is what it is.

It proved harder to kill zombie Mountain than it was to kill the Night King. It doesn't get more ridiculous and incongruent than that.

steveo 2019-05-15 18:27:16 

In reply to SnoopDog

Oh look. Another moron shows up.

You are the chief among morons arguing that a girl that begin killing people before she hit puberty and literally displayed her aptitude for fighting from the first scene is not good enough to kill the night king. Perhaps u imagine you would kill him with ur tight ass.

First fcuking scene of the show.

Trinidave 2019-05-15 18:36:58 

In reply to SnoopDog

You're as smart as those halfwits that write this show. No wonder you love the absolute tripe they're peddling out.

Obviously you're smarter than everyone else.

Yet you refuse to enlighten TriniD with your wealth of knowledge regarding how the powerful Night King could be defeated.

Oh, please intelligent one, please enlighten us, and stop with the put-downs.

TriniD only wishes to be the beneficiary of your supreme intelligence, dat's why TriniD asked for your step by step scenario for defeating the Night King.

Tryangle 2019-05-15 18:37:46 

In reply to SnoopDog

Because of the fantasy element, logic suggested that only one of three people would have been able to defeat the NK:

Jon Snow (because of Azor Ahai, and he wielded a Valyrian steel sword)
Dany (because of Drogon)
Bran (because "magical voodoo")

(of course, both Brienne and Jamie had Valyrian swords, and Sam gave Jorah his own... so those three may have been longshot alternatives)

The writers chose to make Arya the Prince(ss) that was promised.

Trinidave 2019-05-15 18:39:46 

In reply to steveo

big grin big grin

Bruh, Yuh killing TriniD here. You're kidding, but maybe this is really how SnoopDog sees it.

big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

SnoopDog 2019-05-15 18:41:45 

In reply to steveo

You are the chief among morons arguing that a girl that begin killing people before she hit puberty and literally displayed her aptitude for fighting from her first scene is not good enough to kill the night king. Perhaps u imagine you would kill him with ur tight ass.

The little annoying ninja's story arc revolved around seeking vengeance for the people who killed her father and then later who killed her mother and brother. She even had a little hit list which didn't include Mr. Night King at any point in time.

As for displaying her aptitude for fighting I'm guessing you missed season 5 in it's entirety where all she was made to do was wash clothes, sweep up shit, clean dead bodies, sell seafood, and oh yeah.....get the living snot kicked out of her be another girl until the end where she pulled a Rambo and somehow managed to kill the Waif.

Arya didn't learn sweet fcuk all in Braavos about anything. She failed the one time they asked her to pull off an assassination and promptly kicked her the fcuk out.

But somehow we were made to believe she had the cunning, stealth, and super human ability to penetrate into the Frey's household undetected, plan and execute the murder of all the male Freys. And not only murder them, she had the superhuman ability to stealthily cook all of them up (in the Frey's kitchen?) and made minced pie from the corpses.

Never mind that she flew out of nowhere like a little squirrel to stick the pointy end into that pussy Night King fellow.

SnoopDog 2019-05-15 18:44:31 

In reply to Trinidave

The writers chose to make Arya the Prince(ss) that was promised.

That's right. It was arbitrary and stupid.

SnoopDog 2019-05-15 18:47:46 

In reply to Tryangle

Jon Snow (because of Azor Ahai, and he wielded a Valyrian steel sword)
Dany (because of Drogon)
Bran (because "magical voodoo")

(of course, both Brienne and Jamie had Valyrian swords, and Sam gave Jorah his own... so those three may have been longshot alternatives)

I would have been cool with even Theon being the one.

It would have completed his redemption arc nicely and it wouldn't have been inconsistent with the rest of the story.

steveo 2019-05-15 18:53:09 

In reply to SnoopDog

As for displaying her aptitude for fighting I'm guessing you missed season 5 in it's entirety where all she was made to do was wash cloths, sweep up shit, clean dead bodies, sell seafood, and oh yeah.....get the living snot kicked out of her be another girl until the end where she pulled a Rambo and somehow managed to kill the Waif.

Do you think, some of the best ancient warrior cultures, shaolin monks spend all time kicking and punching in their training?
They do not, they spend time doing alot of mundane activities to develop discipline and other mental qualities.

The scene where she first gets to the house of black and white. The door was shut to on her. She waited in the rain and the sun etc and the door remained shut, she only left to get food.

This is very similar to the treatment of anyone wishing to learn fancy kung fu and approaching a shaolin monastery. The door was locked to them. Only when they had demonstrated commitment they were allowed to enter. This displayed that they would be able to endure the training ahead.

Among disguise, Arya learned how to fight, and fight in blindness. She learned to adapt to her adversary and outwit her. She learned the qualities to be the assassin that would be needed to defeat the night king.

steveo 2019-05-15 18:54:49 

In reply to Trinidave

Bruh, Yuh killing TriniD here. You're kidding, but maybe this is really how SnoopDog sees it.

Snoopy is fixated on a man to man show down.

I dont know why
lol lol rolleyes

SnoopDog 2019-05-15 19:03:38 

In reply to steveo

Do you think, some of the best ancient warrior cultures, shaolin monks spend all time kicking and punching in their training?
They do not, they spend time doing alot of mundane activities to develop discipline and other mental qualities.

The scene where she first gets to the house of black and white. The door was shut to on her. She waited in the rain and the sun etc and the door remained shut, she only left to get food.

This is very similar to the treatment of anyone wishing to learn fancy kung fu and approaching a shaolin monastery. The door was locked to them. Only when they had demonstrated commitment they were allowed to enter. This displayed that they would be able to endure the training ahead.

Yes, and the monks who eventually become warriors did so because they didn't fail their tests and get kicked out for disobedience.

Among disguise, Arya learned how to fight, and fight in blindness. She learned to adapt to her adversary and outwit her. She learned the qualities to be the assassin that would be needed to defeat the night king.

That was the last episode of season 5 where she was still getting the living snot kicked out of her but somehow managed to kill the Waif despite not being a trained assassin and having flunked out of assassin school. This was also the episode where she got like 4 stab wounds to the gut, fell into raw sewage, and didn't die from an infection. Great writing.

Tryangle 2019-05-15 19:08:46 

In reply to SnoopDog

IIRC in Braavos she got punished by assassinating Meryn Trant (because he was part of Joffrey's crew, and liked to beat little girls).

And she stole a 'face' or two before ditching Braavos. Whatever's said about how she got to and into The Twins, c'est la vie.

We can say she learned her cooking skills from Hot Pie! lol lol lol

ray 2019-05-15 19:09:38 

I think Arya killing the NK was beautiful...her character was well developed to ultimately be an assassin

Trinidave 2019-05-15 19:11:56 

In reply to SnoopDog

You mentioned that you could live wid effin THEON killin de Night King. Hmmmmm.

Like TriniD said, dat hints at your personal bias because you cannot see a girl as a hero.

You mentioned dat Arya's killin of de Night King was inconsistent wid de story, and TriniD argues otherwise.

Even though you are smarter dan TriniD, TriniD did do some research, and here's a video highlighting points as to why the Arya story is consistent.

At least you can give us dat, dat it is consistent.

How Game of Thrones Hinted THROUGHOUT the entire Series that Arya would make the Kill

steveo 2019-05-15 19:12:21 

In reply to Tryangle

IIRC in Braavos she got punished by assassinating Meryn Trant

Snoopy is practicing his hack skills by using half truths and conveniently leaving out nonsupporting facts

Trinidave 2019-05-15 19:13:02 

In reply to steveo

Snoopy is fixated on a man to man show down.

I dont know why

Wonder if dis show-down involves soap.

big grin big grin

SnoopDog 2019-05-15 19:15:00 

In reply to Tryangle

IIRC in Braavos she got punished by assassinating Meryn Trant

Trant was on her original list. He was already a pretty despicable character up to that point in the show but Dumb & Dumber decided to up the ante by making him in a super-pedophile so psychotic ninja Arya's killing of him would seem even more deserved and just.

steveo 2019-05-15 19:16:25 

In reply to Trinidave

Wonder if dis show-down involves soap.

In his scenario, the episode would be titled: Snow back mountain lol lol

SnoopDog 2019-05-15 19:18:41 

In reply to Trinidave

Read the comments for that video.

No one is buying that bullshit.

SnoopDog 2019-05-15 19:20:03 

In reply to steveo

In his scenario, the episode would be titled: Snow back mountain

You and TriniD are really into the homoerotic stuff.

To each his own.

SnoopDog 2019-05-15 19:26:13 

In reply to Tryangle

And she stole a 'face' or two before ditching Braavos. Whatever's said about how she got to and into The Twins, c'est la vie.

She was also given one assassination mission. Kill the old man by the pier by ostensibly using her deadly stealth and ninja skills at pretending to sell seafood and then poison him.

She didn't, and ended up stabbing Trant in the eyes in a brothel full of people. That's why they kicked her out of assassin school. Up to that point she hadn't learned anything of note or value. Where she learned how to be a super ninja assassin is still a mystery.

As for what happened in the Twins with the Freys. Laughable at best.

Trinidave 2019-05-15 19:46:36 

In reply to SnoopDog

Read the comments for that video.

No one is buying that bullshit.

TriniD read 27k likes as opposed to 5.6k dislikes.

Apparently you are also a math genius.

Dude just own up to your bias. You mention Arya's "failures" DURING training.

You mention her lack of skill in one breath, then in the other breath, you said you'd be okay with THEON being the Night King killer, the ultimate useless skill less person.

Dude, just how many sides of your mouth are you gonna talk out of?

big grin big grin

Tryangle 2019-05-15 19:58:29 

In reply to steveo

I'm not getting into deliberate half truths or whatnot, I'm a loyal show-watcher but I can't recall everything that went down in Braavos. I know that she struggled a lot to find her footing.

Tryangle 2019-05-15 19:59:59 

In reply to SnoopDog

cheers on the Braavos ongoings and refreshing the memory

DAVE400 2019-05-15 20:09:22 

Man...this sideshow by TriniD, snoop and Steve...with special appearances by Tryangle more entertaining than season 8. big grin

SnoopDog 2019-05-15 20:25:53 

In reply to Trinidave

TriniD read 27k likes as opposed to 5.6k dislikes.

Apparently you are also a math genius.

Dude just own up to your bias. You mention Arya's "failures" DURING training.

You mention her lack of skill in one breath, then in the other breath, you said you'd be okay with THEON being the Night King killer, the ultimate useless skill less person.

Dude, just how many sides of your mouth are you gonna talk out of?

What does likes and dislikes have to do with reading the COMMENTS. The comments tell you what people actually think of that video, the dumbfcuk who made it, and the two dumbfcuks who wrote seasons 5-8.

I don't hate Arya because she's a girl but because of what the show-runners did to her character, her arc, and even her dialogue. They completely and utterly butchered her post season 4 and forced this post-modern feminist Mary Sue bastardization of her as 'the hero'.

Theon, both in the books and in the show (see season 1&2) was an accomplished archer and sword fighter and had way more training in fighting than Arya. He was ten times more qualified than her to kill the NK. But they completely fcuked up the consistency of his character by having him run straight for the NK without any reason whatsoever other than the Bran9000 told him he was a good man and that meant could now die and leave the show.

Ugh. rolleyes

SnoopDog 2019-05-15 20:36:37 

In reply to DAVE400

Man...this sideshow by TriniD, snoop and Steve...with special appearances by Tryangle more entertaining than season 8.

It is mind-boggling to me that there are people out there that think the writing for this show post season 4 is anything but amateurish and not even fit for grade 9 level.

Trinidave 2019-05-15 20:59:55 

In reply to SnoopDog

What does likes and dislikes have to do with reading the COMMENTS

People who like what is presented, "like" the video.

TriniD will repeat dat.

People who like what is presented, "like" the video.

Now dat we've covered that ground, TriniD will say.

People who dislike what is presented, "DISLIKE/Thumbs-Down the video.

Okay here is de key. And it has only been a social media practice for over a decade, so you may not be aware, because you've been burying your nose in books increasing your high level of intelligence, BUT

People who dislike videos tend to have negative remarks about the videos.

People who like have positive remarks or stay silent. Get it.

27K Likes to 5.6K Dislikes

Do you understand at least that the likes overwhelmingly outnumber the likes?

Do you get that? So when you say no one is buying what is said in the video, you're may be off, mathematically speaking.

steveo 2019-05-16 10:25:45 

We are gonna write a gosh darn letter for HBO to re-write GOT to our liking

Favourite comment:

WAHHHHHHHH MY BEDTIME STORY WAS NOT TO MY LIKING WAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WAHHHHHH I COULD WRITE A BETTER ONE

I WON’T

BUT HEAR ME OUT: I COULD

DAVE400 2019-05-16 10:38:36 

In reply to steveo and trinidave

Did you guys check out the video posted by the Aussie guy, that snoopdog relayed to us?

Those of us bashing the writers are not bashing because we hate the show...we are bashing because we love it..

But for those of you who know bout love you know how easy it can be used to manipulate...and to take the other party for granted...

You feel you just have to show up...no longer buy a flowers or scented candle...

You feel you have enough love deposits to get by..

Sorry D&D, your love deposits ran out with me...I aint putting out for free anymore...

steveo 2019-05-16 10:52:45 

In reply to DAVE400

Sorry D&D, your love deposits ran out with me...I aint putting out for free anymore...

Did you ever let it sink in, that it was GRRM sexual organ that was pleasing u with a DD mask?

GRRM is no longer there!!!!

Dont complain that the mask cannot satisfy you.

It was fcuking stupid to do a show based on incomplete material. I bet they would never do that sh!t again.

DAVE400 2019-05-16 11:10:11 

In reply to steveo

So you agree....

It's in emotional times like this I need friends for support...

It's time to end this toxic relationship.

steveo 2019-05-16 11:17:27 

In reply to DAVE400

So you agree....

It's in emotional times like this I need friends for support...

It's time to end this toxic relationship.

I think everyone recognizes the dip in material, also it does not help that HBO is compressing things that require entire seasons into a single episode.

But I accept and bless, my rass not footing those movie size budgets per episode.

Anyway, we need to examine this literature beyond the fantasy

An intellectual like u would appreciate the symbolism in these shows, GRRM did not spend all this time just for the sex scenes:

Which present day country most resemble Cerci and the Lanisters empire, their methods of diplomacy?

A dragon is a nuke.

There are a few Denery's type regions in the world and the evil empire is needling them. What do you think happens if one goes mad?

DAVE400 2019-05-16 13:13:34 

In reply to steveo

I hear you...but I did not watch this?series for allegorical reasons..

It have enough quality movies out there for that..

The combination of royal politics, militarism, diplomacy and human complexities was my attraction to this series..

You lose me when you start diluting...

GOT brought me back to TV...I had zero interest in series outside of sitcoms...and even that sparingly...prior to GOT..

Sorry...but if I dont feel intellectually stimulated I get bored.

Dont mean that in an arrogant way.

Tryangle 2019-05-16 13:38:22 

Yes, I am not happy with the writing, but the petition is ludicrous for many reasons. If we had petitions for every show that didn't unfold how we liked, we'd all be a very busy lot.

I'd have long ago petitioned Marvel to recast Lady Sif so we wouldn't be all "where the hell did she disappear after the Thor 2 movie", for example.

A dragon is a nuke

Oh absolutely. The parallels to U.S. foreign policy are clear big grin

In reply to DAVE400

Even though there appear to be interesting shows on HBO, next Monday I intend to cut off my HBO subscription. GoT is the only reason I'm still using it for any significance.

DAVE400 2019-05-16 14:50:38 

In reply to Tryangle

Since I started subscribing to Netflix I cancelled all movie channels on cable...I download GOT ...approximately half hour after it airs.

SnoopDog 2019-05-16 16:03:04 

In reply to Tryangle

Yes, I am not happy with the writing, but the petition is ludicrous for many reasons. If we had petitions for every show that didn't unfold how we liked, we'd all be a very busy lot.

Agreed 100%. What fans should be petitioning for is for Disney to fire Dumb & Dumber before they massacre and defile the next bunch of Star Wars films.

That's why those two morons rushed season 8 - to start their new billion dollar pet projects.

SnoopDog 2019-05-16 16:04:43 

In reply to DAVE400

Did you guys check out the video posted by the Aussie guy, that snoopdog relayed to us?

Those of us bashing the writers are not bashing because we hate the show...we are bashing because we love it..

But for those of you who know bout love you know how easy it can be used to manipulate...and to take the other party for granted...

You feel you just have to show up...no longer buy a flowers or scented candle...

You feel you have enough love deposits to get by..

Excellently put.

Again, it's mind-boggling that there are people out there defending this shytepile served up as seaon 8.

Bigzinc 2019-05-16 16:16:28 

In reply to SnoopDog

you guys are killing me here....its fantasy

go and read crime and punishment....

SnoopDog 2019-05-16 16:23:13 

In reply to Bigzinc

you guys are killing me here....its fantasy

Not to the cunts at HBO and certainly not to Dumb & Dumber who have made billions off this "fantasy".

Tryangle 2019-05-16 16:33:51 

In reply to SnoopDog

Agreed 100%. What fans should be petitioning for is for Disney to fire Dumb & Dumber before they massacre and defile the next bunch of Star Wars films.

That may work. I've fallen off the map on Star Wars of late - only just saw Rogue 1 and am in no rush for Solo or Last Jedi. So doesn't matter as much to me as it may the traditional fanbase and the diehards of that franchise.

Let them go and make Confederacy - hell if I watch that lol

Bigzinc 2019-05-16 16:48:46 

In reply to SnoopDog

not off me as i dont subscribe to hbo...actually, i hardly watch tv..reading has always been more my thing..and music

ray 2019-05-16 17:00:22 

In reply to Bigzinc

actually....it may be fantasy, but very much real

SnoopDog 2019-05-16 17:22:42 

In reply to Tryangle

That may work. I've fallen off the map on Star Wars of late - only just saw Rogue 1 and am in no rush for Solo or Last Jedi. So doesn't matter as much to me as it may the traditional fanbase and the diehards of that franchise.

Rogue One and Solo were decent films. Emalia Clarke is one of the actors in Solo. Not sure if Rian Johnson had a part in those two films. He completely butchered Last Jedi all because he wanted to "subvert expectations" much like what Dumb & Dumber are doing now with GOT.

My main beef with Last Jedi was that this was supposed to be the film where Rey's parentage was to be finally revealed. It was a major theme and story arc in Force Awakens and they spent more than half of Last Jedi on it. Was she related to one of the Skywalkers, the Kenobi's, Jar Jar Binks? Nope. The big reveal was that her parents were nobodies and the whole back story of her parentage meant dick all.

SnoopDog 2019-05-16 19:48:10 

In reply to ray, Tryangle, DAVE400

THE NIGHT KING - "(ARYA) I JUST DIED IN YOUR ARMS TONIGHT..." (CUTTING CREW / GOT PARODY)

lol lol lol

Some much needed levity. lol

carl0002 2019-05-16 19:50:37 

In reply to DAVE400
Where you download it from. Think I am only up to season 5 or 6.

DAVE400 2019-05-16 22:21:27 

In reply to carl0002

Technically not supposed to post pirate links but the site may include the words pirate and bay

DAVE400 2019-05-17 00:06:06 

In reply to SnoopDog

Thanks for that parody...brilliant...and kept good timing with a brilliant song..

Btw..showing your age bro

SnoopDog 2019-05-17 00:18:39 

In reply to DAVE400

Btw..showing your age bro

It showed up on my YouTube recommendation list Bro.

Honest. lol

Trinidave 2019-05-17 02:01:06 

In reply to DAVE400

TriniD has some issues wid S8, but ah lot of stuff you guys criticize is overboard in de context of de fantasy genre.

SnoopDog's criticism of Arya killin de Night King is plain sexist and stupid, and pompous.

SnoopDog 2019-05-17 03:57:39 

In reply to Triniretard

SnoopDog's criticism of Arya killin de Night King is plain sexist and stupid, and pompous.

Dude, go tell yourself this in the third person “Trinidave is a fcuking retard”.

Tryangle 2019-05-19 22:06:21 

The writers fire back at the online fandom smile

steveo 2019-05-20 02:23:27 

I thought they said it was gonna be bitter sweet, nothing sweet there
redface redface

I feel the most for drogon

Tryangle 2019-05-20 02:48:35 

In reply to steveo

was trying to figure out if Drogon was going to be sad, mad, shed a tear, or dracarys everything.

Nice to see Ghost one more time.

I think the bittersweet moment is the Stark children going in separate directions, each of them.

They found EDMURE TULLY!!! lol lol lol

TyTy35 2019-05-20 03:47:24 

In reply to steveo

There has been nothing sweet about this season a bunch of plot lines going nowhere and an anticlimatic dare I say ridiculous finale rolleyes

SnoopDog 2019-05-20 04:56:09 

In reply to Tryangle

The bittersweet moment for me is that this once great adaptation of the books (from seasons 1-4, which rapidly became a steaming pile of horseshit from seasons 5-8 ) is now over.

No point ranting about Dumb & Dumber any longer as they move on to write sterile boring illogical nonsensical dialogue and story arcs which go nowhere, for Star Wars.

All hail our new King the Bran9000!

steveo 2019-05-20 12:49:03 

In reply to Tryangle

I think the bittersweet moment is the Stark children going in separate directions, each of them.

Cant stand that manipulative bitch Sansa, she maneuvered and maneuvered until she got a queenship. Jon got jack sh!t after giving two lives to the realm. evil

steveo 2019-05-20 12:50:50 

In reply to TyTy35

There has been nothing sweet about this season a bunch of plot lines going nowhere and an anticlimatic dare I say ridiculous finale

Yes. These guys just wanted to wrap the thing up as quickly as possible.

edit: this quy from another forum shares my sentiments:
Not everything was wrapped up.

What were the white walkers, who was the night King, why everything about them? And no, "the children made them" isn't remotely sufficient.

What's up with the Lord of light? He real? Can we get a bit of anything? Even Davos wanted to know what was up with that guy.

To be fair, it gave us what is widely acknowledged the best hour on TV, episode 3.

ray 2019-05-20 13:44:04 

all's well that end well...the Starks rule the world!

Tryangle 2019-05-20 13:53:56 

In reply to steveo

Yeah, rough deal for Jon, although I think in the end he got what he wanted - go back north, away from lordship or kingship or any kind of leadership. Gets to have new adventures with his faithful companion.

That bit where Sam proposed democracy and all - that's one heck of a fourth-wall wink to the audience, followed by the laughter from the noblemen at how absurd the proposal was.

The last episode of S7 where Jamie leaves KL, snow is seen falling. It's been sunny (and seemingly warm) in KL throughout S8, and the day(s) right after Dany goes dracarys on the city, it's snowing again. Is this what it's like to live in Montana in late spring?

Tryangle 2019-05-20 14:33:19 

Uh oh, here we go again?...

conman 2019-05-20 15:18:23 

In reply to Tryangle

That bit where Sam proposed democracy and all - that's one heck of a fourth-wall wink to the audience, followed by the laughter from the noblemen at how absurd the proposal was.

Its not actually, this might have been a nod to varys, earlier in the series he had a conversation with tyrion about a change of governing and essentially brought up the idea of a democracy

Tryangle 2019-05-20 15:33:38 

In reply to conman

I don't recall which episode but that does sound familiar - Varys and Tyrion talking about the 'system'

SnoopDog 2019-05-20 20:13:37 

In reply to Tryangle

President Bran9000: I can see everything in the past and everything in the the future.

President Bran9000: I need a Master of Whisperers.

ray 2019-05-20 20:29:04 

In reply to SnoopDog

That was one funny ass conversation at the table lol lol

ray 2019-05-20 20:29:42 

In reply to SnoopDog

he can see...not hear lol

Trinidave 2019-05-20 21:02:31 

In reply to SnoopDog

The bittersweet moment for me is that this once great adaptation of the books (from seasons 1-4, which rapidly became a steaming pile of horseshit from seasons 5-8 ) is now over.

Why did you put yourself through 4 horrible seasons bro? Must have been extremely tough on you, having to watch episode after episode, against your will.

DAVE400 2019-05-20 21:47:17 

Omg...that was a stinker!!

imusic 2019-05-21 00:32:53 

In reply to Tryangle

Yeah, rough deal for Jon

Rough deal? confused

De forkah lucky to still be alive! Rough deal? WTF?

When asked what about all the other people who know what’s good?

She bawl....they don’t get to choose. So he kill she fuh dat?

So Is the Starks dat should get to choose?

Bullshit dat

DAVE400 2019-05-21 11:16:53 

Sigh..

Still in shock..

I mean...I expected bad...I looked up the spoilers..

But this bad?

I can forgive the writers many things...but giving one of my favourite characters...Jon...that dialogue where he defends genocide ..

No!

Fuck you..D and D!!

Tryangle 2019-05-21 12:54:20 

In reply to DAVE400

I can forgive the writers many things...but giving one of my favourite characters...Jon...that dialogue where he defends genocide ..

GoT is going to clean up at the Emmys, but they better not even get a nomination for writing. I agree on it being ludicrous to suggest that after what Jon witnessed in person, that he'd be defending Dany's actions to Tyrion. But the writers needed to establish some conflict in Jon's mindset for whatever reason.

On the small Council meeting, yes there was a lot of levity and nice moments there, but it's pretty ludicrous for Bronn to have been given a seat. Wasn't lord of Highgarden enough? Bronn as Master of Coin makes literally zero sense. Master of War, maybe.

That said, I laughed at the "you're Master of Grammar too" bit, and the parting lines on brothels vs ships was cute.

To show again how rushed this season was, they had that big meeting at the Dragonpit, and they didn't have Sam go "well if we need a king, Jon has the claim" even once? Even if Grey Worm would respond with a Hell No?

DAVE400 2019-05-21 13:19:17 

How sad it is that fan rants are now more entertaining than the show...I give you...

unbridled rage...episode 3

unbridled rage...episode 4

Those two links are VERY funny.

SnoopDog 2019-05-21 13:25:32 

In reply to Tryangle, Ray, Dave400

Things that no longer matter:

Jon's lineage/claim to the throne
Jaime's redemption arc
Ninja Arya's shapeshifting skills
President Bran9000 warging abilities
The Prince that was promised/Azor Ahai
Lord of Light
White horse at the end of episode 5
Tyrion's intelligence

One of my favourite lines is when Davos tells Grey Worm that they can have some empty lands somewhere to go off and start houses of their own. He's telling a bunch of eunuchs to go and start families of their own.....and Grey Worms says "Sure! That's a great idea". lol

ray 2019-05-21 13:25:59 

Fans should stop the bellyaching...you had 10 years of great shows, so what if the ending did not meet some expectations

SnoopDog 2019-05-21 13:26:48 

In reply to Triniretard

Why did you put yourself through 4 horrible seasons bro? Must have been extremely tough on you, having to watch episode after episode, against your will.

Oh, hi retard!

SnoopDog 2019-05-21 13:30:26 

In reply to ray

you had 10 years of great shows, so what if the ending did not meet some expectations

No. We had 4 seasons of a great show - one of the greatest ever on television.

Even seasons 5, 6, and 7 could be somewhat forgiven but this last season 8 is just a pile of horseshit unfitting of that once great show with great characters, great stories, great story arcs, and which gave us a window into a world which felt great and real notwithstanding it was set in the fantasy genre.

DAVE400 2019-05-21 14:08:10 

In reply to SnoopDog

At least the fans got Ghost reunited with Jon after he told the wolf to fuck off.

SnoopDog 2019-05-21 14:17:41 

In reply to DAVE400

At least the fans got Ghost reunited with Jon after he told the wolf to fuck off.

To be honest, that was the only good part of the entire borefest of ep. 6.

As always though the CGI and cinematography were stunning. Shame that such brilliant visuals, and even decent acting, were ruined by the script.

On to Westworld season 3. Jessie Pinkman (Breaking Bad) will be in this one...B!tches! lol

DAVE400 2019-05-21 14:21:35 

Actually, Sam's idea of democracy being laughed down was funny...

But how good an actor is dinklage to deliver the fucked up idea of Bran as king with credibility...

SnoopDog 2019-05-21 14:30:29 

In reply to DAVE400

I think Dinklage is a superb actor. You could really see how much he relished playing Tyrion in seaons 1-4 when he had a great script to work from.

That's in stark contrast to how he portrayed Tyrion in the remaining seasons where one got the feeling he was trying his best to not just go through the motions from having to work off a shitty script which pretty much ruined his character.

My favourite actor in the series was Charles Dance who played Tywin Lannister. They hit the ball out of the park when Dance was cast for that role.

Grade 'A' acting. cool

imusic 2019-05-21 14:31:56 

In reply to SnoopDog

You should write a script. Sure to be an all time classic

SnoopDog 2019-05-21 14:33:55 

In reply to iTito

You should write a script. Sure to be an all time classic

Yep. And even you could stutter out a better script than what was served up in season 8.

Tryangle 2019-05-21 14:50:41 

In reply to SnoopDog

The casting, like many aspects of the series, has been outstanding.

Even when they've changed up book character roles (Xaro, Missandei, teenaged Tommen, Beric) they've knocked it out of the park.

Although, eff Ian McShane for dissing the fans razz

SnoopDog 2019-05-21 14:56:42 

In reply to Tryangle

Agreed. Even the guy who played Janos Slynt acted brilliantly.

ray 2019-05-21 15:28:07 

In reply to SnoopDog

CHarles Dance was excellent!

Would have preferred him at the end instead of Cersi

SnoopDog 2019-05-21 15:45:29 

In reply to ray

CHarles Dance was excellent!

I read the back story to that scene where he's skinning the stag. Charles had never skinned an animal in his life much less a stag. They told him about the scene about a week before filming and he agreed to get a quick lesson the morning of the shoot. Apparently, he was a natural and the scene that was shot was only the second time he ever skinned an animal.

He made it look like if he had skinned a thousand stags before, all the while delivering one of the great dialogues in the series. Just superb acting.

Tryangle 2019-05-21 16:27:02 

In reply to SnoopDog

You was talking about better scripts for S8... here's one that I think would work nicely

Yes the Charles Dance intro bit was excellent. The ease of it all, the imagery of a lion carving up a stag, etc., the dialogue, brilliant.

DAVE400 2019-05-21 16:27:04 

In reply to SnoopDog

U remember that?

Boy Tywin was a boss...and I always felt that skinning scene to be real out de box thinking in filming.

SnoopDog 2019-05-21 16:49:51 

In reply to Tryangle

here's one that I think would work nicely

That was great. Unbelievable that a random fan wrote an infinitely better script in a matter of minutes/hours than those two dumbos did in 2 years and with a budget in the millions.

SnoopDog 2019-05-21 16:51:45 

In reply to DAVE400

Boy Tywin was a boss.

His scenes with Arya when she was his cup-bearer were some of the very best in television.

It's 'mih lord', not "my lord". big grin

ray 2019-05-21 17:08:57 

In reply to SnoopDog

so you watch Westworld as well...

SnoopDog 2019-05-21 17:27:09 

In reply to ray

so you watch Westworld as well.

Yep. The moment I saw Anthony Hopkins was involved I decided to watch it from the very beginning.

DAVE400 2019-05-21 18:54:34 

Tywin to Joffrey...wr could arrange to have you carried...

Forking awesome delivery...

Link Text

Tryangle 2019-05-21 19:37:40 

Suggestion that the show went from sociological to psychological, leading to its failures in S8

Trinidave 2019-05-21 19:54:37 

TriniD thinks de difference between the first 4 seasons and de last 4, is dat the story was character-driven in de beginning, and then at de end, de characters were story-driven, which in of itself is not bad.

In de last season Danny's decent to madness was rushed, but de writing was decent given de time constraints. Any blame is on GRRM, for not finishing his books himself.

TriniD is ok wid de finale, except, TriniD would have liked a little more magic. More Arya, more Jon magic would have been nice too.

steveo 2019-05-21 19:54:44 

In reply to Tryangle

It made psychological LEAPS, therein lies the problem.

Eg for Jaime, you left Cerci, she took another man, you made new alliances, started new relationships and immediately after learning she sent an assassin to end you, you return to comfort her?

For a series like game of thrones that prides it self on reality of human behavior, this is a stretch. Not even the most whipped juvenile would do this.

For Danny, I can see her arc playing out, but it needed a lot more development. For example, since when does danny speak in George Bush, speaking liberate when she means incinerate. I think the show runners saw an opportunity to inject some social conscience to parallel current events and they ran with it. I rather they stuck to the script. I think they core of the issue is the time, they did not allow enough time to develop these things and fcuked it royally up.

Also, WTF with Tyrion becoming the wisest of all. His rass was down in a crypt with zombies and he could not even foresee this it? He basically fcuked danny up with all his blasted half measures, if danny had an adviser like olena, her job would be done in season 7. I like the character but they should have developed other characters to be the wise sage.

imusic 2019-05-22 00:38:16 

In reply to steveo

I like the character but they should have developed other characters to be the wise sage.

They did

Bron

He might not be as flowery with his language but he wiser than all a dem

And who de fork was dat mofo from Dorn on de council? He must be name Anonymouse

steveo 2019-05-22 12:13:53 

In reply to imusic

He might not be as flowery with his language but he wiser than all a dem

Yep, he hide till dem finished killing each other. Being the wisest he should have chosen a king, not that blasted Tyrion. Tyrion reminds me of a saying "all the best laid plans of mice and men are bound to go astray"

DAVE400 2019-05-22 12:29:55 

best season ever!

steveo 2019-05-22 12:40:17 

In reply to DAVE400

Cant believe that twist though. Her mission always seemed to be in service the common people. She jailed her dragons to prevent them from killing the people. She stayed in Mereen to ensure the people's safety were ensured, putting her own ambitions on hold. She freed the unsullied and have them decide on their own whether to be her soldiers...

Makes no sense.

To go so far to have her burn the common people THEN go on to say that her ambition is to liberate(incinerate) on a global scale is topsy turvy to what her character was.

Tryangle 2019-05-22 13:48:46 

In reply to steveo

Eg for Jaime, you left Cerci, she took another man, you made new alliances, started new relationships and immediately after learning she sent an assassin to end you, you return to comfort her?

Indeed, one of many "this don't make no kind of sense" moments for characters that previously had been well-developed.

Show decided to go fan-servicey with the Brienne hookup only to send him back south (after the Bronn encounter that you mention).

Again, no fault of the actors who've been brilliant. NCW has emerged as a true gem and I think he'll have a choice of many roles over the next few years.

Dany, her transformation to the villain was too sudden, too abrupt.

Jon, there was very little of his own coming to terms with his Targ ancestry. It was merely a plot device to rile Dany up instead of being something for Jon to deal with. Really unfortunate. If the books come out I'm positive it'll get fleshed out in far greater detail (then again the books also don't have SansaxRamsey among other craziness so heck).

Trinidave 2019-05-22 14:12:42 

In reply to steveo

"To go so far to have her burn the common people THEN go on to say that her ambition is to liberate(incinerate) on a global scale is topsy turvy to what her character was."

TriniD agrees. The only way it could make sense, is if Dany went mad. Not angry mad, but mad in accordance with her family's trait for mental illness, due to generations of inbreeding. TriniD believes that this is what they were trying to portray, i.e., a complete mental illness disintegration.

That would be the only way to explain Dany going against her beliefs... ...that she didn't change philosophies, but just went mad. In the short S8, this was not properly nuanced, which TriniD believes is the biggest flaw in S8.

steveo 2019-05-22 14:47:51 

They kinda forgot

DAVE400 2019-05-22 14:53:22 

Let's be honest...The last half hour of the final episode was either parody or D and D giving somebody the finger.

The ever self serving Bron as master of coin?

The spliff smoking Bran as King?

Tryangle 2019-05-22 15:09:27 

In reply to steveo

lol lol lol

In reply to DAVE400

Bronn on the Small Council was pure fanservice. Especially in that role. War would be the only thing he'd be remotely qualified to handle.

But it makes for an entertaining roundtable having him exchange words with Brienne or Davos. There's something almost Seinfeld'ian about that group of 5 chatting together.

SnoopDog 2019-05-22 15:31:58 

In reply to Tryangle

Did those two dumbos even consider how fatass Sam Tarly became a Grand Maester?

First off, he wasn't even a regular Maester to begin with. Second, he is still a brother of the Night's Watch and has not been absolved/relieved of his oath to the NW. And then of course there is the fact that brothers of the NW and Maesters are celibate and can't marry which leaves the question of what happens to Gilly, his step-son, and the baby Gilly is carrying for him?

What a clusterfcuk of a final season. That last episode is best looked at as pure parody of GOT.

Tryangle 2019-05-22 16:37:35 

In reply to SnoopDog

Did those two dumbos even consider how fatass Sam Tarly became a Grand Maester?

More fanservice without even a hint of suggesting how Sam got that role. A throwaway line of how the Citadel may have relaxed policy on members being able to wed or have children would have been *something*. Or that Archmaester Ebrose proclaimed that the Grand Maester role allowed the NW vow to be rescinded. Would've helped.

But, you know. Everybody was a bit character at this point except the Starks and Tyrion.

SnoopDog 2019-05-22 16:50:44 

In reply to Tryangle

Behold! The new Iron Throne commissioned by President Bran9000 and made by forge master Lord Gendry.

Season 8 has now been consigned to the internet meme factory warehouse - where it rightly belongs.

Tryangle 2019-05-22 17:48:21 

I wish I had discovered this at the start of the season

SnoopDog 2019-05-22 18:08:36 

In reply to Tryangle

I wish I had discovered this at the start of the season

lol lol lol lol lol

"I double dog dare you to lick the throne, I triple dog dare you...." lol

Sooooooo much better than anything those two HBO hacks could ever conjure up. Genuine LOLs too. lol

Tryangle 2019-05-23 18:13:28 

In reply to SnoopDog

My favourite actor in the series

and spare a thought for Jack Gleeson, wherever he is - his journey is an interesting one. But he was one of the best parts of GoT in the role of the most hated person in the series.

Tryangle 2019-05-27 13:08:26 

SnoopDog did you see the documentary on the last season 'behind the scenes'?

Was pretty interesting to see how certain crew members went about things.

But if you saw the cast read session where Varys was to be killed and saw Conleth Hill's reactions you'd have laughed ten times over. He was all "Eff this crap why am I here"

DAVE400 2019-05-27 13:27:57 

In reply to Tryangle

You have a link?

Tryangle 2019-05-27 13:47:36 

In reply to DAVE400

Sorry nope, it aired on HBO in the GoT time slot, maybe there's an article of Youtube snippet somewhere, may have to have a look around.

SnoopDog 2019-05-27 16:31:12 

In reply to Tryangle

No, I haven't seen it as yet Bro.

I'll check it out later.

DAVE400 2019-05-27 21:52:32 

just downloaded

steveo 2019-05-28 23:31:31 

Jon Snow checked into rehab for stress, apparently he too was fcuking pissed off at the ending

Tryangle 2019-05-29 14:19:55 

In reply to steveo

I'm not surprised he's been under emotional stress. He's one of the 'faces' of the show and probably takes extra criticism that shouldn't be directed at him at all. Hopefully he'll be able to get his head cleared, etc.