The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Fired Selection Panel Suing

hawk 2019-04-19 00:36:27 

Saw this on Barbados Today...who else saw this coming??

Link Text

Larr Pullo 2019-04-19 09:50:53 

In reply to hawk

Frivolous law suits.

methodic 2019-04-19 11:24:13 

I am not consumed with arrogance or confidence as Shakespeare said,

fact you and shakespeare

grugru 2019-04-19 11:51:47 

If this goes to court Courtney will have to reveal if he ever received player selection instructions directly from anyone outside of that special eligibility panel cool

Walco 2019-04-19 11:59:30 

In reply to Larr Pullo

When was the last time anyone sued CWI and lost? smile

DIEHARD 2019-04-19 12:45:58 

In reply to Walco

We might be seeing history then

asad664 2019-04-19 12:59:22 

nice one. cricket world cup 2019 live stream channels

Walco 2019-04-19 13:27:31 

In reply to DIEHARD

We will definitely be seeing history repeating itself

Raggs 2019-04-19 13:34:06 

A new administration comes in and they obviously have a new regime so sweep away ...what the effing they expect?
As Game Of Thrones says 'Off With Their Heads!'
Compensation maybe for emotional damage? Ya must be inhaling a filled pipe of atmospheric madness!

camos 2019-04-19 14:44:30 

In reply to Raggs

you can make all the changes you want, that is not what they will be contesting in court, they are saying pay us and let us leave.

solidrock 2019-04-19 14:51:54 

I am sickened by the fact that these former selectors even come close to thinking they were doing a good job. Total rubbish this lawsuit. They should be grateful that their rubbish was stopped.

camos 2019-04-19 14:53:31 

In reply to solidrock
when we ever had good selectors?

Walco 2019-04-19 15:01:20 

In reply to solidrock

Who selected the squad recently beat England at home? And who stuck with players like Hope and Gabriel and others when folks were calling for them to be dropped? I actually thought the selection panel was doing a good job of identifying young talent and giving them a long run. But elections have consequences ...

tc1 2019-04-19 15:11:56 

In reply to Walco

The new selectors approved the same make uip.of the team to Ireland.

tc1 2019-04-19 15:18:42 

In reply to solidrock

Do you work. And when you do are you entitle to pay.
Accordin to the lawyer, Jimmy Adams give Browne a excellent evaluation.

Slipfeeler 2019-04-19 15:29:38 

In reply to tc1

Only because it would have been reckless on the part of the new selectors to quickly discard current players without adequate time to reassess players. However, this cannot be taken as any indication that selection changes will not be made in the near future. There are no more complacency, friendism, automatic picks or entitled selections on the team. Players who refuse to perform consistently will be removed in short order. Friendism went with Browne and company.

Walco 2019-04-19 15:43:05 

In reply to tc1

Are you saying that they victimized the same people that Browne and his panel victimized? smile

FuzzyWuzzy 2019-04-19 15:54:34 

In reply to Slipfeeler

Oh what short memories

Nobody remembers Joey carew and Lara with Roberts and ragunought?

And Gayle with findlay and pagon et al?

Nope friendism didn't start with Browne nor will it end with him.

Veracity 2019-04-19 16:05:51 

In reply to solidrock

Can you please inform us when the WI ever had good selectors outside of when they had exceptional players?

Too me the issue isn't the selectors but the players .....

FuzzyWuzzy 2019-04-19 16:16:56 

In reply to Veracity

You sir clearly are not west Indian
big grin

TheTrail 2019-04-19 16:39:03 

In reply to asad664

5 Key Players to Watch in Cricket World Cup 2019

1: Virat Kohli
The batting King and captain of Indian cricket team, the greatest player in the world, an icon for his fans, Virat Kohli is at the top of the ICC ODI ranking. He has more than 10 thousand runs with the brilliant average of 59.84 and strike rate of 92.88 and highest score 183 in ODI career. He is the stylish player of the modern cricket.

2: Joe Root
The right-handed batsman of England currently ranked 4th in ICC ODI ranking with the average of 51.52 and strike rate of 86.44 and highest score of 133 in ODI career. His name also includes in ICC world ODI eleven 2015. He is the finest player of England in all formats of the game.

3: Babar Azam
He is considered as the back bone and most dependable batsman for Pakistan team, currently ranked 5th in ICC ODI ranking with the average of 51.52, strike rate of 84.78 and 8 centuries and 9 fifties in his ODI career. Babar Azam will play a key role in world cup to win title for his team.

4: Mitchell Starc
Australian fast bowler named as a leading wicket taker in world cup 2015 is ready to give tough time to his opponents again in next world cup. He became the fastest bowler to 100 ODI wickets in 2016 in only 53 matches. He has the ability to swing the ball late. He has 145 wickets with the economy of 4.96 in his ODI career.

Kane Williamson:
Kane, who is the current skipper of New Zealand team, exceptional talent, consistent and finest batsman in all three formats having more than 5000 runs with the average of 46.56 and a strike rate of 83.38 in his ODI career. He performed brilliantly in previous ICC champions trophy 2017 with the average of 81.33 which includes 1 century and 2 fifties. Let’s see if he manages to get his name in the list of highest run makers.

There is no bossman in that list, how come?
He doesn't count anymore? confused

hawk 2019-04-19 17:01:18 

it was a huge mistake of the new administration to immediately dispense of the current selection panel and coaching staff without expecting repercussions, this will always happen, the purpose is all wrapped up in insularity with the added perceived notion, these guys were doing the will of Cameron, Browne and his Panel will get little support from Posters, because generally posters on here were annoyed that their countrymen went unpicked. Highly unlikely these guys will lose their case and CWI will shell out more money.The current panel will suffer similar fate if they continue to pick Bajan players.

Scar 2019-04-19 18:27:02 

What are they suing for? Loss of income? Loss of stipends? Pride? Loss of fame?

imusic 2019-04-19 20:00:46 

In reply to Walco

Who selected the squad recently beat England at home?

The same selectors that picked the T20 team against England at home

The same selectors that refused to select the so called “mercenaries”

The same selectors that refused to select Darren Bravo for 2 years

The same chief selector that called Dwayne Bravo a cancer and that he would never again play for West Indies

Bottom line, they actively supported and implemented discrimination against targeted players.

Walco 2019-04-19 20:06:02 

In reply to imusic

Yes, the same selectors. Glad you got that off your chest. By the way, those same selectors claim that they could only select from the pool of players that Cricket West Indies told them were eligible for selection. If that is indeed the case, your fire to an extent is directed at the wrong targets.

imusic 2019-04-19 20:08:05 

In reply to Walco

Yes, the same selectors. Glad you got that off your chest. By the way, those same selectors claim that they could only select from the pool of players that Cricket West Indies told them were eligible for selection.

That’s what the gestapo said as well. They were simply doing what they were told to do

No different than any corporate takeover. New company comes in or new owners and they put their own people in place.

Emir 2019-04-19 20:11:23 

In reply to Walco

By the way, those same selectors claim that they could only select from the pool of players that Cricket West Indies told them were eligible for selection.

And that is one of the primary reason why they had to be fired. They simply followed orders, so they failed our cricket.

We needed selectors who had the courage to stand up to Cameron and even if that meant they could have been fired.

Do you get it? Simply pointing out they kept Gabriel etc is limp and naive to use this as a reason to show they did a good job.

solidrock 2019-04-19 20:13:53 

In reply to Emir

Well put.

Walco 2019-04-19 20:20:28 

In reply to Emir

You are taking this thing way too seriously boss. Lots of selectors before them have failed our cricket judging by the results over the past few decades. Hopefully the new batch of selectors will have better orders to follow so that they are not criticized in the future for going along with those orders and failing our cricket.

Emir 2019-04-19 20:31:27 

In reply to Walco

Well it is serious business. I get the impression you see the management of our cricket as a casual and leisure type endeavor like the ole days.

You came in defending Browne and Co to the point that we have to question your love for our cricket.

This is very serious business.

Exhibit 1:

Lots of selectors before them have failed our cricket judging by the results over the past few decades.

Now this:
This topic is about Browne and Co, "NOT ABOUT SELECTORS before them." Moreover, it is precisely what we are trying to change- why would you even site failure by others as a reason to keep Browne. It comes across as if you want to reward failure.

Walco 2019-04-19 20:37:03 

In reply to imusic

OK boss I never thought you would become so unhinged that you would start comparing selection of a cricket team to gestapo tactics. In the meantime you should refuse to follow your supervisor’s orders the next time you disagree with them. The fact that I felt the old selectors were doing a good job does not mean that I do not also believe that the new administration has the right to replace them and put in place their own people. My position is simple. Pay them off and get rid of them. Stop with the independent contractor foolishness

hawk 2019-04-19 21:12:57 

Like I said when your countrymen are not being selected..............who cares about if they merit a spot or not

Emir 2019-04-19 21:17:48 

In reply to Walco

In the meantime you should refuse to follow your supervisor’s orders the next time you disagree with them.

When you make comments like this, it really puts you in a low intelligence category and I am serious.

WEST INDIES CRICKET isn't Cameron's company so your analogy above is dumb. WI cricket is owned by the people and players, Cameron position was fiduciary to the people, very different from a person who built and develop his own company, that person could do as he pleased.

camos 2019-04-20 00:51:53 

In reply to imusic

No different than any corporate takeover. New company comes in or new owners and they put their own people in place.

yeah! and the new owners will give present people a severance package, they just don't put them out on the street.

Walco 2019-04-20 00:54:10 

In reply to Emir

I obviously hit a nerve ... bye Mullah Emir. I prefer to engage people who can debate ideas and opinion without resorting to insults.

imusic 2019-04-20 01:09:16 

In reply to camos

You privy to their contact to know what their termination terms are?

1 - not everyone is entitled to severance

2 - for thise that are, that severance amount could be negligible

openning 2019-04-20 01:15:08 

In reply to imusic
Labour laws are different in various countries, I learned that in St. Johns Virgin Island.

camos 2019-04-20 01:36:03 

In reply to imusic
If one is an employee , that person has some multiple of regular wage at termination, in most jurisdiction, on the other hand if one has a contract, you generally have to buyout that contract, all this is assuming you are not terminating the person for some violation.

Skerritt is reckless and setting a bad precedent. Are we to expect mass firings each time we elect a new president?

Brung is no one favorite but you could wait to get rid of the guy, the same goes for the coach who was standing in.

hawk 2019-04-20 01:43:22 

People have a right to seek compensation should their employment be unceremoniously terminated without proper cause, even if the cause is proper and the procedures are wrong, the employer still loses the case, beside nothing new here, people before did it and people afterwards will do it, an attorney once told me it is easier to get divorce these days than fire an employee

hawk 2019-04-20 01:46:05 

In reply to camos

if he was smart or properly advised, he would have kept the personnel intact and declare all players available for selection. when their contracts have ran out then could he implement changes

camos 2019-04-20 01:52:50 

In reply to hawk

the selector job is not easy, there was never a popular selector and they all take orders from management, Ernest Hilaire told the selectors 'Mr Gayle is not available.

Judgement 2019-04-20 19:45:55 

In reply to Emir

Simply pointing out they kept Gabriel etc is limp and naive to use this as a reason to show they did a good job.

Well put. This is the same nonsense speaking Walnut that claimed KP kept getting picked in the side because of "connections". Well if that was the case, that was definitely the reason Ashley Nurse remained in the team, given that Nurse is Courtney Browne's COUSIN and if that was not an automatic pick, nothing ever would be (but watch Big Jimbo Cornwall waltz into the senior team now!)

Obviously, being a Walnut he is quite clearly selective in his nutty contradictions and hypocrisy so best to just ignore the evident stupidity smile smile

Walco 2019-04-20 21:50:15 

In reply to Judgement

Oh boy the Judgmental one is back for another bitch-slap ... I see you are a glutton for punishment. But before I engage you any further kindly respond to this long-standing request from me.

Judgement2018-12-09 11:34:09
In reply to Walco

Awww, says the same imbecile who claimed Stuart Law apparently re-signed a 2 year contract with WI Cricket just months ago. I mean, you clearly know your stuff rolleyes rolleyes If nothing else, you give me a good laugh with the tripe you come up with big grin big grin

Walco2018-12-09 12:55:34
In reply to Judgement

I dare you to find a post where I claimed that Stuart Law re-signed a two-year contract with the West Indies. Google is your friend Judgmental One

You need to either produce the support for your accusation or admit that you are a lying ass smile I suggest the latter option smile

Walco 2019-04-20 21:56:13 

In reply to Judgement

Here is the Thread in Question if Your Memory is Failing Jenny Ass

And to make it even easier for you, here is the thread with my statement about Law My Thoughts Regarding Law’s Resignation

hawk 2019-04-20 22:05:43 

In reply to camos

there will never be a popular selector, we all want our countrymen in the 11 that plays

Walco 2019-04-20 22:07:45 

In reply to hawk

The best players in the West Indies are always the ones not selected ... until, of course, they are selected ...

Emir 2019-04-20 22:14:36 

In reply to Walco

I obviously hit a nerve

Well yes, because you are promoting people who have hurt our cricket and that is criminal.

hawk 2019-04-20 22:52:39 

In reply to Walco

exactly!!!!

hawk 2019-04-20 22:53:25 

In reply to Emir

you are promoting people who have hurt our cricket and that is criminal.

isn't this something you are guilty of???

Walco 2019-04-25 01:56:21 

Bumpity bump for the Mental Midget. I still waiting for your response boss ...

sunfish 2019-04-25 02:39:03 

It's too simplistic to blame selectors when we lose. IMO selectors are the least important component in the managerial setup because they are not responsible for on-field performance. The coaches and the players shape on-field results.

The selectors use stats (usually at the domestic level) and subjective/objective judgment to pick a squad and are then removed from the process.

It's up to the coaches to shape each player mentally, physically and technically to beat the opposition. And each player has a responsibility to execute on-field.

Too often we say, if only we'd picked individual X we could have won. And when we pick individual X we still lose!

If the talent pool is limited why are we blaming the selectors?

Domic 2019-04-25 06:03:39 

In reply to TheTrail

Wait you list these 5 but I guess a 6 position would have done it. Number 6 show boating I would who would win that

Walco 2019-05-08 16:04:22 

Bumpity bump one more time for the mental midget

jelfew 2019-05-08 17:29:34 

As the saying goes"the more things change, the more they remain the same". A new president is voted in for Windies cricket and they do the same as previous previous presidents. You see, part of the campaign promise is to change what the previous regime is and has done. The campaign is never to promote the perceived good but to tear down the perceived bad. Is is easier to win by tearing down and promise to rebuild, rather than promise to build on the good.

If the employees of Windies cricket have contracts and the contract is terminated "without cause". they have the right to expect compensation for the balance of their contracts. The new presidents never seem to pay much attention to this, no matter how they say that the finances are bad or worse than they thought. They will fire people although the finances will become worserer!!!. This cycle has always been maintained, in an effort to implement "change" as seen by the incoming team.

The selection panel chaired by Browne has come in for a lot of criticism. To say that they have been doing a bad job is a subjective opinion. There are times when ones feels that a player should have been selected and another not selected. For example, I would love to see Cornwall play for the West Indies. I am glad to not that he will be conditioning himself to play a part in the Indian visit later this year. The debate as to whom should or should not be selected, will continue and we can spend a lot of time debating the merits or otherwise of some selection. It is only a warped mind that will not want the selected persons to do well, despite how we feel. Some do, some don't. It is my opinion that those selected must justify their selection by performing on the field of play, despite what is happening around them. We in the RUM SHOP has the luxury of running our mouth.

It would be interesting to see how this latest law suit turns out. Many time it is lest costly to settle rather than have a long drawn out litigation. That fact is not lost on many litigants and their lawyers who push their clients to sue.
confused confused confused

solidrock 2019-05-08 17:35:01 

The day this goes to court the judge should lead the courtroom in laughing at their foolishness big grin big grin big grin

Walco 2019-05-08 17:43:51 

In reply to solidrock

Yes, they will laugh out loud at CWI after hitting them with a large judgment plus attorney’s fees lol wink

sgtdjones 2019-05-08 17:59:31 

In reply to Walco

The same men who said Players want to much money ?

What are they doing now?

razz razz razz

Walco 2019-05-08 18:07:54 

In reply to sgtdjones

The same men who said Players want to much money ?

Please identify the men you are referencing

Dukes 2019-05-08 18:33:17 

In reply to Walco

If that is indeed the case, your fire to an extent is directed at the wrong targets.

If your boss tells you to do something that is either illegal or immoral it is your duty to REFUSE.If the boss insists then you RESIGN and state PUBLICALLY WHY YOU HAVE RESIGNED.

The mentality of you guys is what allows Donald Trump to bring the greatest country in the world to its knees and threatens to unravel more than 200 years of democratic rule.

PHEW

Walco 2019-05-08 18:54:31 

In reply to Dukes

Oh boy. Seems like you have jumped off the deep end also. I guarantee that you have no clue where I stand on this issue. Illegal orders, yes. But who decides what is immoral? And in the context of West Indies cricket, what illegal or immoral actions do you have in mind? Let’s discuss that instead of some vague, elusive and general concept that means different things to different people. What did the selectors do or not do that you found to be illegal or immoral? I know of at least one thing that happened that should’ve resulted in the resignation of your boy Lloyd, but he stayed on.

jelfew 2019-05-08 21:53:20 

In reply to Dukes

You don't have to resign. You can refuse and stay. If the boss fires you, you MAY have cause to sue.

Dukes 2019-05-08 22:51:51 

In reply to Walco

Daren Bravo was not brought before a disciplinary board and found guilty.The President decided unilaterally that he could not be selected and told the selectors that.That is contrary to the laws of Natural Justice and should not have been countenanced by the selectors.Cameron said one thing in public and behind the scenes did exactly the opposite.That duplicity can only take place when there is sycophantic minions who are unwilling to stand up for basic principles.

Walco 2019-05-08 23:14:32 

In reply to Dukes

I'll give you a better example. After the India pullout Pybus and Dave picked a WC squad that excluded Big Bravo and Pollard and handed the squad to a selection panel led by Clive Lloyd. Bravo and Pollard were not brought before the disciplinary committee as far as I am aware. Was it immoral for Lloyd not to resign in protest? Is Lloyd the type of person who would allow the Donald Trumps of this world to bring the greatest country in the world to its knees and threaten to unravel more than 200 years of democratic rule? Was Lloyd one of Dave's sycophantic minions who was unwilling to stand up for basic principles?

openning 2019-05-09 00:14:04 

In reply to Walco

How can your query of the greatest WICB captain, who after retiring held the same post as the fired COS, to CB?

Walco 2019-05-09 00:20:06 

In reply to openning

Just trying to get Dukes off his high horse man. But I think CB was on that same panel led by Lloyd. Dem fellas had nuff mout when Dave tried to interfere with their decision to drop Shiv, but not so much when Dave and Pybus picked the 2015 WC squad.

openning 2019-05-09 00:34:46 

In reply to Walco

Brother Sudden did tell the newly elected board, not to dismantle everything the former board, put it place, and to go slowly.
I worked on task force in St John VI in 2001, the first week, Human Resources discussed the labour laws with woe.
So hearing the lawyer for the fired selectors speak of the labour laws in relation to code, bring back memories to my time, on that beautiful Island.

Dukes 2019-05-09 01:31:18 

In reply to Walco

If that is what went down YES to all your questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not on any high horse.My life has been one of PRINCIPLE.
I bow to NOBODY.As a young 25 year old recent graduate,I stood up to the most powerful man in the country. A man that many people bowed down to and were deathly afraid of.

imusic 2019-05-09 01:34:09 

In reply to Walco

After the India pullout Pybus and Dave picked a WC squad that excluded Big Bravo and Pollard and handed the squad to a selection panel led by Clive Lloyd. Bravo and Pollard were not brought before the disciplinary committee as far as I am aware. Was it immoral for Lloyd not to resign in protest? Is Lloyd the type of person who would allow the Donald Trumps of this world to bring the greatest country in the world to its knees and threaten to unravel more than 200 years of democratic rule? Was Lloyd one of Dave's sycophantic minions who was unwilling to stand up for basic principles?

YES to all 3 questions posed.

Walco 2019-05-09 02:40:26 

In reply to Dukes and imusic
I don’t view the 2015 world cup team selection as a moral issue for the selectors. It’s more of a territorial issue for me. If you hire me to select a team and then turn around and select the team and hand it to me to rubber stamp, I will resign over the interference and because you obviously don’t need my services. The selectors were more gutless than immoral in my view, unless of course they agreed with the victimization of Bravo and Pollard

Walco 2019-05-09 02:44:02 

In reply to openning

Boss the labor laws in the Caribbean appear to be pro employee to the extreme. I have a friend in Jamaica who is always complaining about catching employees stealing and still having to pay them two weeks severance if he terminates them.