The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

We Finally Learn What Barr Left Out ...

Walco 2019-04-19 15:27:14 

from his March 24 summary when he quoted the Mueller Report as stating that “the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired or coordinating with the Russian government.”

Here is what came before that quote: “

Although the investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and work to secure that income, and that the campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts,
the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government.”

big grin Only advocates engage in such trickery. Barr is a joke of an Attorney General who has sacrificed his reputation and credibility for Donald Trump and ultimately will regret doing so ...

black 2019-04-19 15:40:43 

In reply to Walco

The guy auditioned for the job, (unsolicited) that tells right there the he lacks character.

Walco 2019-04-19 15:48:11 

In reply to black

He strikes me as an intellectual lightweight. The audition memo is confirmation. The so called unitary executive theory is as unconstitutional as anything I have ever read because it essentially says that the president is above the law.

Headley 2019-04-19 15:55:05 

In reply to Walco

Only advocates engage in such trickery. Barr is a joke of an Attorney General who has sacrificed his reputation and credibility for Donald Trump and ultimately will regret doing so ...

Not necessarily. There is a high demand in Repugnant Circles for people with a willingness to put loyalty before personal reputation. For example, Sarah Sanders, Lindsay Graham and Kelly Conway etc, etc, etc. Barr was given the AG pick because he demonstrated he had the required high level of Repugnance under Pappy Bush.

Great demand and plenty benefits for such folks. If you are Black (not the poster big grin ) the demand is even higher and you can go far quickly as a Repugnant window dresser. Caveat - Once you board the Repugnant train you're not allowed to hop off like Colin Powell tried to do. You have to hold your nose and slink away like Joe Scarborough and Friends.

black 2019-04-19 15:56:55 

In reply to Walco

You would know better, I'm just a layperson but I've heard others say the same. This is his second go round.

dayne 2019-04-19 16:34:44 

Barr was hired to do what he is doing and he is further muddying the swamp so that the people who follow politics lightly would just hear the sound bites and just move on. If the Democrats do not bring Trump and his group to justice they might lose the next elections because of the way the electoral college is set up.

Runs 2019-04-19 17:13:57 

He will have to resign

Walco 2019-04-20 01:06:00 

In reply to Headley

Most of those people are singing for their supper and for relevance. They probably yearn for historical relevance, but history will not judge them kindly. BTW I am pretty sure Sacrborough is no longer a Republican

Runs 2019-04-20 01:28:19 

In reply to Walco

Scarborough and Wallace left the party they are Independents

Casper 2019-04-20 01:52:16 

In reply to Walco

the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government.”

Later in the report Mueller went on to explain why the investigation was unable to make such an establishment - the Liar and Crooks continued to lie and they destroyed critical information that would have assisted the investigation.

They should all be called before a Congress to lie again and get their comeuppance.

Casper 2019-04-20 01:54:13 

In reply to dayne

Barr should, at least be censured by Democrats, just as they Republicans did to Holder, but more importantly, he should be impeached.

Headley 2019-04-20 11:44:02 

In reply to Walco and Runs

Once you board the Repugnant train you're not allowed to hop off like Colin Powell tried to do. You have to hold your nose and slink away like Joe Scarborough and Friends.

Headley 2019-04-20 11:46:01 

In reply to Casper

Barr should, at least be censured by Democrats

Correct. I agree.

Runs 2019-04-20 13:07:39 

In reply to Headley

Barr conducted himself shamelessly, unfit to be AG. The calls are only going to get louder for him to step down. His blanket denial and refusal to acknowledge obstruction conduct by the President is not supported by the evidence of such conduct being clearly spelt out in the report.

black 2019-04-20 13:17:31 

In reply to Runs

It's not unexpected, the guy kissed Trump's ass to get the job. Of course Trump was going to appoint someone who showed he was biased from the beginning.

nitro 2019-04-20 13:22:45 

The calls are only going to get louder for him to step down. 

The Dotard will not fire him, Barr and Trump do not give a damn.

lol lol

Walco 2019-04-20 14:03:11 

In reply to Casper

the Liar and Crooks continued to lie and they destroyed critical information that would have assisted the investigation.

The irony of all ironies.

It’s worth noting that there are other ongoing federal investigations; the Mueller report says the team made 14 criminal referrals, only two of which are known.

Stay tuned for more indictments. I have a feeling Trump will be pardoning lots of people around January 20, 2021 ... including trying to pardon himself