The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

[UPDATED] Dinas launches second strike on TTCB

sgtdjones 2019-04-26 13:43:50 

[UPDATED] Dinas launches second strike on TTCB
Nat’l League rep challenges board’s constitution and voting process –

NATIONAL LEAGUE representative Dinanath Ramnarine has again gone after the TT Cricket Board’s (TTCB) wicket, with another lawsuit aimed at challenging the cricketing body’s constitution and voting process.

Ramnarine, who unsuccessfully contested the presidency of the TTCB in January, this morning received the permission of Justice Frank Seepersad to advance his latest legal challenge. He has 14 days in which to file his application. In December, Ramnarine and other former national cricketers lost a lawsuit which questioned the legitimacy of the TTCB’s voting process.

After not holding elections for two years, because of the 2016 lawsuit by the league, on January 16 the national cricketing body went to the polls, which saw incumbent president Azim Bassarath remaining at the helm and a new executive team being selected.

Ramnarine and the others have appealed the December ruling of Justice Jacqueline Wilson, which is yet to be heard.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-26 14:05:25 

"Dinas" files another suit against TTCB

De­feat­ed T&T Crick­et Board (TTCB) pres­i­den­tial can­di­date Di­nanath Ram­nar­ine has been giv­en the green light to pur­sue yet an­oth­er law­suit against the or­gan­i­sa­tion.

High Court Judge Frank Seep­er­sad yes­ter­day grant­ed Ram­nar­ine leave to pur­sue a ju­di­cial re­view claim, in which he is chal­leng­ing the va­lid­i­ty of some of the mem­bers of the or­gan­i­sa­tion who vot­ed for TTCB pres­i­dent Az­im Bas­sarath over him in board's ex­ec­u­tive elec­tions in Jan­u­ary.

How­ev­er, Seep­er­sad's de­ci­sion on the pre­lim­i­nary is­sue of leave was based on the con­di­tion that Ram­nar­ine files his sub­stan­tive claim against the board with­in 14 days. The case is ex­pect­ed to come up for hear­ing on June 18.

Ac­cord­ing to Ram­nar­ine's leave ap­pli­ca­tion, his law­suit cen­tres around the 21 TTCB zon­al rep­re­sen­ta­tives from sev­en zon­al coun­cils and 10 af­fil­i­ate rep­re­sen­ta­tives, who were among the mem­bers that were al­lowed to vote in the elec­tions on Jan­u­ary 17. The oth­er vot­ing mem­bers are the six in­cum­bent ex­ec­u­tive of­fi­cers, their six nom­i­nat­ed mem­bers and six Na­tion­al League rep­re­sen­ta­tives.

Link Text

sgtdjones 2019-04-26 14:05:54 

Narps

He not giving up .

cool cool

Narper 2019-04-26 14:14:11 

In reply to sgtdjones

Someone has to continue the fight.
I am glad he is not giving up.

sgtdjones 2019-04-26 14:20:59 

In reply to Narper

Dinas , Ganga like mosquitos .

razz razz razz

natty_forever 2019-04-26 15:02:33 

In reply to sgtdjones… as long as them nuh get zap!

Jumpstart 2019-04-26 15:22:51 

In reply to sgtdjones

dinas need to pee and go in he bed. basarath is just under a disaster but the opportunity was there to remove him. dinas announce his candidacy days before the election, didnt even bother to campaign

90mph 2019-04-26 15:22:51 

In reply to natty_forever

and are not blood-suckers