The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

So Why Did We Change the Selectors Again???

Walco 2019-04-26 14:15:42 

West Indies WC Squad

Jason Holder (captain)
Andre Russell
Ashley Nurse
Carlos Brathwaite
Chris Gayle
Darren Bravo
Evin Lewis
Fabian Allen
Kemar Roach
Nicholas Pooran
Oshane Thomas
Shai Hope
Shannon Gabriel
Sheldon Cottrell
Shimron Hetmyer

West Indies ODI Squad vs England

Jason Holder (captain)
Andre Russell
Ashley Nurse
Carlos Brathwaite
Chris Gayle
Darren Bravo
John Campbell
Fabian Allen
Kemar Roach
Nicholas Pooran
Oshane Thomas
Shai Hope
Davendra Bishoo
Sheldon Cottrell
Shimron Hetmyer

So the injured Lewis is slotted back into the squad to replace his fill-in Campbell, and Bishoo was replaced by Angel. The previous panel was so bad that they had to be replaced immediately by a new panel that picked the same team smile smile smile

Narper 2019-04-26 14:16:36 

In reply to Walco

Lewis in playing for Mumbai Indians in the IPL this morning wink

FuzzyWuzzy 2019-04-26 14:17:59 

In reply to Walco

One word. Politics

sgtdjones 2019-04-26 14:20:20 

In reply to Walco

If you think your comments, the inquiring kind?
Maybe injuries, that we dont know about.
Wait, till we dont make it to the second round at the world cup.

I dont see us winning 4 games.

After , watch the cussing.

lol lol lol

Narper 2019-04-26 14:21:14 

In reply to Walco

The previous panel was so bad that they had to be replaced immediately by a new panel that picked the same team

They were replaced because of the vindictiveness that was demonstrated over a period of time....which resulted in some senior players being shunned and prematurely discarded.

Now it is obviously way too late to select some of them for a WC only one month away....hence this team looks similar to recent ODI teams

I expect a T20 WI team to be different than what has been selected in the recent past.

Walco 2019-04-26 14:25:30 

In reply to Narper

I'm not sure about that too late part Narps. The seniors all played in the Super 50 and were all available for selection, yet they were not selected. Seems like the victimization continues. Either that or the justification for replacing the selectors was a pretext.

cherri 2019-04-26 14:27:58 

In reply to Walco

You is a real struction mekka......(in my best bajan)

sgtdjones 2019-04-26 14:29:19 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

Mount Gay Fuzz head

Did PM Mia get involved, advised by powen?

lol lol lol

Walco 2019-04-26 14:29:22 

In reply to Narper

I expect a T20 WI team to be different than what has been selected in the recent past.

I hope that people like Narine and Pollard will accept selection to the T20 team. They were selected to play T20s in New Zealand in late 2017 and pulled out at the last minute.

Narper 2019-04-26 14:51:05 

In reply to Walco

I'm not sure about that too late part Narps. The seniors all played in the Super 50 and were all available for selection, yet they were not selected. Seems like the victimization continues. Either that or the justification for replacing the selectors was a pretext.

Even after they played super50...the signals were very clear to them they were not going to be considered for selection....Bravo and Simmons retired..others were not selected for WI ODIs

I am sure none of them really believed they would be selected for WC 2019...having not played ODIs in ages.

As I said....The next WI T20 team will tell us about the new selection panel.

Narper 2019-04-26 14:53:42 

In reply to Walco

I hope that people like Narine and Pollard will accept selection to the T20 team. They were selected to play T20s in New Zealand in late 2017 and pulled out at the last minute.

It is obvious to me Narine is scared to play international cricket. Fear of being called again is real.

natty_forever 2019-04-26 14:56:37 

In reply to Walco

The seniors all played in the Super 50
and how were their performances. I can bet not much to talk about as I cannot recall them actually playing in the Super50.

natty_forever 2019-04-26 14:57:47 

In reply to Narper… well this time around it obvious he has an injury.

Walco 2019-04-26 15:09:31 

In reply to Narper

I agree regarding Narine. But I think the problem with selecting the seniors to the WC Squad was that CWI has been preaching that performance in the Super 50 is critical to selection for the senior team and the seniors for the most part did not distinguish themselves in the last tournament, except for maybe Narine and agruably Simmons. I don't remember Bravo and Pollard doing much in the last Super 50.

By the way, the old selection panel said they did not victimize anyone. According to them, they picked the team from a pool of players designated by CWI as eligible for selection. But that will all be sorted out in the courts I guess.

Walco 2019-04-26 15:10:30 

In reply to natty_forever

I can bet not much to talk about as I cannot recall them actually playing in the Super50.

You answered your own question right there smile

Walco 2019-04-26 15:11:55 

In reply to FuzzyWuzzy

Politricks you say? I hope Mitch does not see this thread because he might lock it smile

Walco 2019-04-26 15:30:14 

In reply to cherri

Even Mia getting in on the action. Check out that Che thread smile

Narper 2019-04-26 15:33:07 

In reply to Narper… well this time around it obvious he has an injury.

Isn't it obvious Russell have injuries too? big grin big grin big grin

Narper 2019-04-26 15:36:12 

In reply to Walco

According to them, they picked the team from a pool of players designated by CWI as eligible for selection.

Barvo said in an interview that Brung told him he is poison
Was Brung mouthing what CWI told him?

Oilah 2019-04-26 16:00:19 

In reply to Walco

So the injured Lewis is slotted back into the squad to replace his fill-in Campbell, and Bishoo was replaced by Angel. The previous panel was so bad that they had to be replaced immediately by a new panel that picked the same team

BRUGAHDUNG big grin

cherri 2019-04-26 16:00:41 

In reply to Walco

Everyone is so why not her.......

natty_forever 2019-04-26 16:21:33 

In reply to Narper … no it is not.

Walco 2019-04-26 16:21:36 

In reply to Narper
I have no reason to doubt what Bravo said, but I would also be interested in what Bravo said before and after Browne's statement because context is important sometimes. Dem players nuh easy Narps smile But having said that, it would be naive to think that Browne did not to some extent share the views of his employers regarding certain "unmannerly" players smile

I brought up the point regarding team selection from a pool of eligible players because I had never heard it before listening to the Mason show the other night.

Walco 2019-04-26 16:22:53 

In reply to cherri

Looks like she may want the old selection panel reinstated ...

Walco 2019-04-26 16:24:40 

In reply to Oilah

lol lol lol Good word dat

cherri 2019-04-26 17:10:57 

In reply to Walco

yuh think.......but then again seem like everybody else does........classic case of..be careful what you wish for.

Narper 2019-04-26 17:39:43 

In reply to Narper … no it is not.

Are you watching IPL.....and is saying Russell does not have injuries???

natty_forever 2019-04-26 19:03:37 

In reply to Narper …. scamma!

Walco 2019-04-26 22:29:07 

In reply to cherri

Well Haynes is interim chief selector and Reifer is interim coach. Interesting times ahead.

I see people saying that Fabien Allen lucky to make the WC squad, but I am happy he was selected. I liked the fact that the old selection panel instituted a policy of identifying young talent and giving them a decent chance prove themselves. They ended the days of chopping and changing and I hope the new panel stays on the same course.

Real-cricket 2019-04-27 00:40:17 

In reply to Walco

Link Text

Do you see any of the stars here?

or here
Link Text

Walco 2019-04-27 01:42:31 

In reply to Real-cricket

According to the same Misinfo Bravo and Pollard played for T&T against CCC on October 26, 2018. Go figure smile

2018-2019 Super 50 Batting Averages

Real-cricket 2019-04-27 03:25:03 

In reply to Walco

They're so far down the list that I can't even see them lol lol lol lol lol

avg of 19. something? duh in 6 matches?

9.something in seven matches?

But you're missing the point. Let me spell it out for you.....

Even if they played their performances were hardly noteworthy

Walco 2019-04-27 11:16:00 

In reply to Real-cricket

I definitely missed your point. Thought you were saying that those guys did not play in the last Super 50

Do you see any of the stars here?

or here

Real-cricket 2019-04-27 17:20:10 

In reply to Walco

ok

Walco 2019-04-27 21:11:16 

Link Text

What is the point of getting rid of the previous selection panel en bloc, only for the new panel to pick essentially the same names as before? We were expecting drama and bombshells. Darren Sammy as captain with ‘Big’ Bravo (Dwayne) or Kieron Pollard as the vice-captain, for example, with Lendl Simmonds to open with Chris Gayle and Sunil Narine to twirl his off-breaks!

Oh well, we have to make do with the same boring names.

openning 2019-04-28 00:51:26 

In reply to Walco
Have you notice Conde is not keeping any secrets?
He told the Line & Length audience today, that Shai Hope has been nominated to be the Vice captain of the tr-series, he would not had done this, during Cameron management