The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Good objective assessment of WI Cup Squad

DIEHARD 2019-05-01 00:09:58 

And our chances

Why doesn't this fella post on here?

solidrock 2019-05-01 12:50:27 

From the writer above he says about Cornwall,

"Rakheem Cornwall – Rakheem Cornwall is fat, ok we get it but so is Ashley Nurse. Rakheem bats and bowls better than Nurse. Surely his time must come in West Indies colours. His fatness is not going away anytime soon. Justice for the big boned amongst us."

My comment is once we talk about WI cricket today it does not take long for Rakheem Cornwall to come up in one form or the other. Every reason to be playing for WI has been fulfilled (except the foolish mention of him being big) by Jimbo. What are selectors afraid of? If it is a failure then we have plenty of cricket failures over the past thirty years.

I suspect that if people be honest they are afraid that Jimbo will succeed. if he succeeds on the cricket field and brings smiles on faces of fans it puts to rest so many theories as to what is absolutely necessary for success as a cricketer.

dclar301 2019-05-01 14:27:05 

In reply to solidrock

Agreed. What about Dre Rus and Gayle fitness? Cornwall prove fitter than both by bowling long spells and batting many overs. Do Gayle and Dre Rus have to pass the same fitness standards as Cornwall. I doubt it.

Slipfeeler 2019-05-02 14:03:31 

In reply to dclar301

I would rather play an alleged unfit Gayle or Russell than many others.
Fair report except for the bit about Allen.

sgtdjones 2019-05-02 14:14:10 

My prediction: West Indies to beat at least one team no one expected them to and come 6th