Message Board Archives

Anaconda lagoon dries up...

bravos 2019-05-02 04:12:10 

Happened before..

bravos 2019-05-02 04:16:26 

This is how it usually looks..

Priapus 2019-05-02 10:58:32 

In reply to bravos

Damn!! That is some serious drought conditions going on in Titland. Have y'all figured out how to turn oil into water yet? Afterall God must be a Trini, right?

carl0002 2019-05-02 13:56:57 

In reply to bravos
So where all dem anaconda go when dem things dry up

shock

Is there houses close by

sgtdjones 2019-05-02 14:01:48 

In reply to carl0002

Dem move into bravos house.

rolleyes

Bigzinc 2019-05-02 14:33:38 

In reply to bravos

kudos to the trinis for recognizing this gem and taking care of it....especially mr. bravos who is quite proud of natural beauty of his homeland....

bravos 2019-05-02 18:22:44 

In reply to Priapus

Glad yuh know.. cool

bravos 2019-05-02 18:24:08 

In reply to carl0002

There are one or two villages around,but no real hard concentrations,more bush than anything else..but humans and large anacondas come into contact all the time.

Runs 2019-05-02 18:26:00 

Save the critters Bravos

bravos 2019-05-02 18:29:20 

In reply to Bigzinc

Yes bredda,Bravos and de fam go up there regularly on lil adventures just like that red pick-up in the pic and we always see something,macaws,toucans,certain side neck land turtles,snakes of course,heard there are bullsharks around at times too,when tides are high..

But the anacondas would bee in the sheltered coolest areas now waiting for the rains..if you find a lil water then most likely you will find them close..even near roads.

cool

bravos 2019-05-02 18:31:17 

In reply to Runs

Yes man,I like how my people are taking the opportunity as bleak as it seems to clean the usually submerged area,talk about proactive optimism.. cool

nick2020 2019-05-02 18:32:36 

In reply to bravos

The before picture is lovely.
From afar. A very far. shock

bravos 2019-05-02 18:35:42 

In reply to nick2020

Yuh still fraid snakes... lol

bravos 2019-05-02 18:39:02 

In reply to Runs

Looking into a flat bottom boat to hit them inland waterways and take the adventure a lil further..something with a very low draft and easily towed. Missed a great opportunity late last year,saw an ad for a serious aluminium one with a console,everything minus engine,would've been perfect,right colour an all but the guy said dat sell long time bhai,an ah gee de man a better price..evil

Will see if the ad is still up and show you,a jet/impeller engine or low draft inboard would fit perfectly .. evil

bravos 2019-05-02 18:41:23 

In reply to nick2020

You know Bim world famous for snakes too right?

Careful how you reaching for loose change.. smile

bravos 2019-05-02 18:54:43 

In reply to stdjones

Hush yuh cant ?

Runs 2019-05-02 18:57:02 

In reply to bravos

Nice

bravos 2019-05-02 19:02:22 

Some great drone footage of area..

bravos 2019-05-02 19:16:59 

In reply to Runs

They grew up on jet skis and Atvs so this would be right up their alley,always wanted to go the boat way but me ain playing with the ocean breds...although we used to go kinda far with the jet skis we always had a boat closeby and full life preserving gear and communication devices etc..more opportunities for the nature seeker inland..it's amazing and I know you familiar with that kinda scenery on steriods...

sgtdjones 2019-05-02 19:31:56 

In reply to bravos

But the anacondas would bee in the sheltered coolest areas now waiting for the rains..if you find a lil water then most likely you will find them close..even near roads.

Man stop the crap nah.

The wild animals normally move to the Oropouche lagoon, Nariva swamp , rarely do they venture to the Caroni swamp.

The water has dried up. they dont stay in the area.

They very rarely go to the Northern range its to cold for them

They dont sit at the side of the road waiting for you to visit.

bravos 2019-05-02 19:42:05 

In reply to sgtdjones

Listen padna please fuck off please please you like a plague,a rampant disease morphing everyday into a bigger epidemic,like green toxic gas.. ..these Anacondas have nothing to do with caroni anacondas,so much so their shades are different..

The article even supports what I said,asshole when you haven't encountered these things at the side of the road or exactly where you expect to encounter them it's easy to sit back and talk crap..there are many independent natural and man made ponds and gullies in the surrounding areas and you will easily find them nearby.

My anaconda info didn't come from a movie or documentary..

I can go find an anaconda now if I want,and that's in the North-West and not in water.....

Runs 2019-05-02 19:47:31 

In reply to bravos

Enjoy bro, nature is god’s gift to man, on my last fishing trip boat started to take on water in one of the covered fish tanks, we discovered by accident apparently the pump stopped working. We gunned those engines and headed to shore with 1 guy bailing, we were 3 miles out on a reef, adrenalin was pumping. Wifey never heard this one, shhhh lol

bravos 2019-05-02 19:49:02 

In reply to Runs

Faaaack!! Yuh see,not me breds.. smile

Runs 2019-05-02 19:50:33 

In reply to bravos

I don’t take unnecessary risks bro but if my time is up will not have a better way to go. I usually weigh the odds and adventure always wins.
Funny thing is there were 3 of us and 1 guy said bail it let’s stay, we are catching fish. Our older mechanic said in his best low calm voice, start those engines NOWW, there is a lot of water.

sgtdjones 2019-05-02 19:51:04 

In reply to bravos

That is crap... The Anacondas migrate from Venezuela, The Orinoco Delta. They do reproduce in the swamps.

but humans and large anacondas come into contact all the time.

This is crap if you go into an anaconda zone it will attack any human.

They dont go to the North West thats BS. You dont know what you are talking about.

I grew up in the area, I am not a visitor as you are ok.

But the anacondas would bee in the sheltered coolest areas now waiting for the rains

You dont even know where they migrate, they don't sit an wait for rains.Anacondas live in swamps, marshes, and slow-moving streams

Thats BS what you posted.

Animals migrate to the Cedros lagoon , then on to the Oropouche Lagoon. Some do go to the Nariva swamp. The Godineau Lagoon is another area they migrate to.
You just learnt something and they dont sit at the side of the road watching cars go by.

What a dummy.

lol lol lol

bravos 2019-05-02 20:05:15 

In reply to sgtdjones

Idiot anacondas have been here before MAN.you think they now coming with migrants? There are several species of snake endemic to Trinidad and a certain part of Venezuela nearest to Trinidad.

Trinidad's Anacondas are some of the healthiest around,life is good,in Trinidad there is no set rule for anything idiot,the concentration creates different behavioral patterns and habits..anacondas can be found in drains by grocery stores in certain places..

Anacondas in Trinidad aren't waifs like the big orinoco and American crocs and black caimans that sometime reside in and possibly breed on a small scale in Nariva,anacondas are even on the north coast of Trinidad tun tun..in the mountains!!

Priapus 2019-05-02 20:25:11 

In reply to bravos

Actually it was a question. But thanks for confirming. big grin

bravos 2019-05-02 20:54:14 

In reply to Priapus

lol

bravos 2019-05-02 20:56:57 

Runs et al..

We're in safe hands,these young ladies are taking care of an orphaned red howler,people call them in to rescue animals and hand over animals etc, they've set up a section in the zoo to rehabilitate them..

Some tusty men wish dey was dat monkey I mean look at the nice young trini ladies taking care of him and dem still cyar pull that off.. cool smile

bravos 2019-05-02 21:07:15 

As much wild animals outside the cages as inside at our zoo!! Hahaha I love this place ..

Wild horsewhip snake plucked off a random shrub..

Big wild boa on zoo compound..

That area fulla creatures,in POS !! cool

How cool is this!!

sgtdjones 2019-05-02 21:25:10 

In reply to bravos

You posting BS ...

Stick to what you know which is very little.

Like I said I grew up in South Trinidad where such
animals reside.. They originate from the Orinoco Delta
and came to T&T on islands of trees etc that the Orinoco River sent out to the Ocean, ie Serpents mouth and Columbus Channel.

I have seen such snakes etc land at Moruga.

I didn't travel to see them they were in the swamps and forested areas.

It's just like the BS about 29% that the commish told you about.

bravos 2019-05-02 23:55:27 

I hope everyone sees how sick this little shit is..