Message Board Archives

Retire nah!

granite 2019-05-07 12:56:51 

Bangladeshis would love that,not so easy now. lol lol lol

RemainsUnknown 2019-05-07 13:01:11 

In reply to granite

Darren Bravo & Jason Holder nah want practice. lol lol lol

natty_forever 2019-05-07 13:15:06 

In reply to RemainsUnknown… seems none of them did, must be why them never retire last game.

granite 2019-05-07 13:18:09 

In reply to natty_forever
Me juss thinking how we wanted the boys to retire,and today is a different story,how tings change,we have nuff pace to knock out the Deshis anyway.

cool

natty_forever 2019-05-07 13:20:55 

In reply to granite … still want us to score 300 runs consistently.

RemainsUnknown 2019-05-07 13:22:11 

In reply to granite

Maybe that certain poster wanted the other batsmen to get some "easy" batting in the last match so as to get acclimated to the conditions since Bangamarys are too much of a bigger fish to fry.... lol lol lol lol

Yadi 2019-05-07 14:25:32 

Only Chase & Ambris cross 30.

Courtesy 2019-05-07 14:28:44 

In reply to RemainsUnknown

Maybe that certain poster wanted the other batsmen to get some "easy" batting in the last match so as to get acclimated to the conditions since Bangamarys are too much of a bigger fish to fry...

It's called a strategic approach.

Lil Bravo would have done with a lil' knock too.

A man who is not on the World Cup side just wasting resources.

big grin

granite 2019-05-07 14:36:37 

In reply to Courtesy
This is a good match to show how our bowlers can turn things around when our batting fail,I say fail but 261 could be a match winning score.

RemainsUnknown 2019-05-07 14:54:44 

In reply to Courtesy

Maybe that certain poster wanted the other batsmen to get some "easy" batting in the last match so as to get acclimated to the conditions since Bangamarys are too much of a bigger fish to fry...

It's called a strategic approach.
ok. no arguments there.

Lil Bravo would have done with a lil' knock too.
You mean big, bad, bravo couldn't beat up on lil bangla once he got his chance today?

A man who is not on the World Cup side just wasting resources.
not so quick. He got picked to do work this series so he's doing it to best of his ability and to put affirmative weight on his stock.

Courtesy 2019-05-07 14:57:45 

not so quick. He got picked to do work this series so he's doing it to best of his ability and to put affirmative weight on his stock.

So there is no room for mental agility for our dressing room staff. I take your point if you are asserting the need to stick to one track straight jacket thinking.

I have no arguments...except IMO, it was not the right approach.

I have taken the "no box approach."

RemainsUnknown 2019-05-07 15:02:23 

In reply to Courtesy

fair enough. But let's agree to disagree.

I just put myself in J.Campbell's position.
I would've felt narrowly slighted that I didn't get picked for the WC.

Now, they picked me for this series and I got a chance to impress... why wouldn't I make the MOST of it? Perhaps this is sowing my seed to reap the benefits in the future? Could be even the WC in the event anyone is injured (Gayle, for instance)..... I want to be the first replacement batsman the selectors think of..... get my drift?

Courtesy 2019-05-07 15:08:51 

Mate, it's not that he did not impress some persons. He made great use of his opportunity.

Himself and Hope got their centuries. A sensible approach would be, to allow someone else the opportunity to ketch form after they asserted their authority and superiority against Ireland from 35 overs.

RemainsUnknown 2019-05-07 15:13:27 

In reply to Courtesy

Mate, it's not that he did not impress some persons. He mad great use of his opportunity. Himself and Hope got their centuries. A sensible approach would be to allow someone else the opportunity to ketch form..
There is NO guarantee of that..... what if the opening pair had retired at 100* each and the rest of them failed miserably and the side was out for 225 and lost the game?

We would be having a different discussion cussing those same two.....

Look... no batsman is responsible for another batsman to find form.... com'on man...

Courtesy 2019-05-07 15:15:16 

... what if the opening pair had retired at 100* each and the rest of them failed miserably and the side was out for 225 and lost the game?

We would be having a different discussion cussing those same two.....

Look... no batsman is responsible for another batsman to find form.... com'on man...

This is where I quit. No sensible person discusses hypotheticals in sports.

Sorry mate. I take my leave.

RemainsUnknown 2019-05-07 15:17:20 

How often do we see a batsman making merry in the middle.... Gayle, Hetty... you name them.... pitch looks great for batting so we want all else to feast... then BAM... the side collapses like it's a completely different track?

NOTHING IS GUARANTEED.... even if it is seemingly a "flat track" or "lampy pampy" bowling... all it takes is 1 delivery to get a man out... that could come at ball #1 or ball #100....

RemainsUnknown 2019-05-07 15:19:38 

In reply to Courtesy

This is where I quit. No sensible person discusses hypotheticals in sports.

Sorry mate. I take my leave.
And to say "let the others get a peep to make merry" is NOT hypothetical since it's NOT guaranteed they WILL make runs?

natty_forever 2019-05-07 15:22:50 

In reply to RemainsUnknown we could have been 0-1 after jus one ball.

Yadi 2019-05-07 15:25:50 

In reply to granite

Are the Bangladeshi's openers considering

"retiring" to provide lower order with

"batting practice"?

Drapsey 2019-05-07 15:27:58 

How dis Bajan centric team doing?

Dem get any wicket yet?

Drapsey 2019-05-07 17:17:14 

7 Bajans!

StumpCam 2019-05-07 17:43:17 

I know how much you wannabe like me! Keep trying with your feeble attempts!
First, you have to have an original thought. Secondly, you have to believe in your convictions and have the confidence to execute them regardless what the naysayers like you say! You have none of that! You will forever RemainsClueless!

In sports a leader does not second guess his decisions. You choose your option and stick with it. Continue to be a follower and let me “learn” you and one day you might just escape the BOX!
Here’s a little advice, Go take your balls out the water, set it on a tee and strike it with an iron! lol : lol

RemainsUnknown 2019-05-07 18:05:43 

In reply to StumpCam

I know how much you wannabe like me! Keep trying with your feeble attempts!
First, you have to have an original thought. Secondly, you have to believe in your convictions and have the confidence to execute them regardless what the naysayers like you say! You have none of that! You will forever RemainsClueless!

In sports a leader does not second guess his decisions. You choose your option and stick with it. Continue to be a follower and let me “learn” you and one day you might just escape the BOX!
Here’s a little advice, Go take your balls out the water, set it on a tee and strike it with an iron! lol : lol
OUCH.... you hurting BAD bhai... I didn't know you were that WEAK...... hahahaha

I know how much you wannabe like me!
wow.... but HELL fuckin NO...... I didn't need to get past this rubbish... hahaha... you are a miserable FAILURE in LIFE....... no one would strive to be like you. lol lol lol lol

PS. This thread is not about YOU, dingbat.... you feel left out you had to come here? hahahaha

StumpCam 2019-05-07 18:14:43 

wow.... but HELL NO...... I didn't need to get past this rubbish... hahaha... you are a miserable FAILURE in LIFE....... no one would strive to be like you. lol lol lol lol

I can see why you are a success with such original thought!
lol lol lol

RemainsUnknown 2019-05-07 18:16:57 

In reply to StumpCam

AND if you HAVE had all of THAT and you're still a FAILURE in LIFE..... says a lot about the CHOICES you have made in your poor life...... oww bhai... don't take it too hard... I must've hit a soft spot... didn't mean to make you cry this bad..... anyway, keep sticking to your poor "original" choices in life..... You will forever be STUMPED in life! hahahaha lol lol lol

powen001 2019-05-07 18:17:09 

In reply to natty_forever

still want us to score 300 runs consistently.

Thats what was required...didnt happen.

Carter still dumb as a brick at this level...

not blaming Bravo...his wicket was stolen from him...Carter however is lucky to be up there.

Reminds me of twinkle toes when it comes to expectations versus results.

Yadi 2019-05-07 18:26:26 

Exactly.

Yadi 2019-05-07 18:30:18 

In reply to Courtesy

Are you assuming that Bravo & Holder

could not fail & plunge the inning

into panic?