The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Archie of Sussex suffers first public racial attack.

Casper 2019-05-09 11:25:23 

Danny Baker fired by BBC over royal baby chimp tweet.

The now deleted tweet, which has been circulated on social media, showed an image of a couple holding hands with a chimpanzee dressed in clothes with the caption: "Royal Baby leaves hospital".

JahJah 2019-05-09 11:41:14 

Sounds about white.

dayne 2019-05-09 12:03:22 

In reply to Casper

Some people are very insecure and feel threaten by colored people, however when that kid grows up, unless someone knows his parentage, very few people would know he has some Black blood in him, his mother is almost white.

JahJah 2019-05-09 12:18:44 

In reply to dayne

his mother is almost white.

Almost White? What does that mean?

JayMor 2019-05-09 13:51:49 

In reply to JahJah

It means just what he said, JahJah. She is indeed almost white. Pres. and Bob Marley, for instance, are exactly half white.

--Æ.

Chrissy 2019-05-09 13:53:31 

In reply to JayMor

Racism is so ingrained that he never thought this was racist.
Big loud stewwwwwwwwwps! I am no fan of any royals but this is racist to the core.

JayMor 2019-05-09 14:01:32 

In reply to Chrissy

I didn't click the link, Chrissy-- the royals and dem tings don't raise my interest meter even one tick. I'm just telling JahJah that there's nothing wrong with Dayne's characterisation of the mother.

--Æ.

granite 2019-05-09 14:44:06 

In reply to dayne
How the years have changed,I remember a friend was talking about a mate at work but he didn't know his name,his description was the black guy with the red hair.The problem was I didn't know of any black guy with red hair.He then said,don't you know the half caste bloke,I then said he is not black he is half caste,he then replied,if you are not white you are black.Today I see many people described as white,but 25 years ago that wouldn't happen,now you can pass for white even if you are mixed race.

JahJah 2019-05-09 14:47:36 

In reply to Dr JayMor

lol

How is Bob exactly half white?

How is Megan nearly white?

Tryangle 2019-05-09 14:59:37 

In reply to granite

I don't know how different countries and cultures approach the "one drop" theory - where I am there's also an economic slant to things - a well-off person of mixed race may "pass for white" more than a poorer person.

Anyway, screw that Baker fella.

JayMor 2019-05-09 17:45:16 

In reply to JahJah

How is Bob exactly half white?
How is Megan nearly white?

It is for you to tell me how they're not, Master D. lol

--Æ.

JahJah 2019-05-09 18:07:38 

In reply to JayMor

I asking you since you were so EMPHATIC in your proclamation! big grin

I'm just one ah Jah pickney ah seek guidance from the ones in the know.

Or shall I ask Dana Dayne instead? big grin

Oh wait, I did ask he/she and no ansa all now. redface lol

Star 2019-05-09 20:18:28 

In reply to dayne

his mother is almost white.

Never heard that one before.

You are taking over from the poster known as "BLACK".

Most likely will have some visible characteristics of the dominant gene from his black grandmother and half black mother.

Dan_De_Lyan 2019-05-09 22:30:35 

All western blacks are mixed.
Snoopdog and Charles Barkley were beefing about who is blacker.

They tested their DNA and CB was 74% African and SD was 71%...yea black black snoop..fah shizzle mah nizzle

link of SD and CB

Markel's Mom is 36% subsaharan African. (will find the link)
Makes mehgan 18% (Assuming her dad is white white.)
Makes Jughead 9% (Assuming Harry is white white.)

Bob is more than 50% White(All Jamaicans have white injection...masah do it)

big grin

Dan_De_Lyan 2019-05-09 22:36:22 

That's why Tiger Woods don't play with "the Black Card".
He mentions his black father and his Asian mother.

Most here want him to dismiss his asian roots!

george lopez is 4% black

JahJah 2019-05-10 00:20:01 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

That's why Tiger Woods don't play with "the Black Card".

...until it was played extensively for him during his lowest point, and most 'everywhere' and chuckled 'welcome to the club'. As a comedian, I think, put it: He got his n-word wake up call.

But you know when his 'Asian roots' gets dismissed? When it's time to insult him bigly. Let's see if Naomi takes note of this. Mek she get so much as a speeding ticket...in Asia.

BTW: Were you laughing when he was attacked (by the likes of Fuzzy) for being black.

Ewart 2019-05-10 01:03:15 

In reply to Chrissy

Nah. The racist son-of-a-gun KNEW what he was doing. And then he tried to pass it off as a joke.

evil

//

Emir 2019-05-10 03:00:55 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

But Black doesn't only mean people who are of Black African ancestry:

A person is Black if he is not of white European ancestry.

So for example, a person who has South Asian Indian ancestry is black. A Syrian Muslim or Christain or Druze is black though he has mainly whitish skin color. An Iranian,say the grand Ayatullah is black although is skin is very light in complexion.

A person from China or Indonesia is black though he does not have Afro features.

Not sure why folks don't understand this very very simple definition.

Tiger Woods is a black man- both his parents are black, his father is black of great African ancestry and his mother is black of East Asian ancestry.

Dan_De_Lyan 2019-05-10 03:16:33 

In reply to Emir

Caucasoid, Negroid and Mongoloid are the 3 original strains

All others are derived.

But we have to stay on the topic level and not get lost in semantics.

Casper 2019-05-10 03:27:02 

Baby Archie’s first race row may be a taste of things to come.

The things they said about Meghan will, now also be heaped upon Archie. The more things are said to have changed, the more they, unfortunately, remain the same.

Emir 2019-05-10 03:37:46 

In reply to Dan_De_Lyan

Caucasoid, Negroid and Mongoloid are the 3 original strains

No sir, not true at all. But let us leave it as you suggested.

DAVE400 2019-05-10 11:17:59 

Omg....a member of the royalty just got insulted...will the oppression never done?

steups...just more celeb gossip...while the real racism lives on...

In Trinidad last week a lil black girl get shot in police crossfire...

Our commissioner says is the bandit that shoot the girl not a police bullet...

so (paraphrasing) is all well and good...just collateral damage...

His insensitivity would never be expressed in that manner hand that victim be of a quote unquote high colour...

So...

While the royal racism gives casper masturbatory material (as it validates his refrain of the white racist gene) it hard to find sympathy for any member of the royal family...

JahJah 2019-05-10 11:29:09 

In reply to DAVE400

Members of royalty get insulted on a daily basis, I'd imagine. That's not the crux of the matter though, is it?

DAVE400 2019-05-10 11:41:09 

What is the crux? It's that same royalty.

JahJah 2019-05-10 12:42:47 

In reply to DAVE400

They are humans. And it's about certain attitudes we (should) despise.

dayne 2019-05-10 13:01:13 

In reply to JahJah

Hi Jah, everything could be looked at from different angles, most people of color in the Western Hemisphere have an opinion about Race that is shaped by what they were thought by the former colonialists. Just like how a White person could say a person is Black because the person have 1% of Black blood, a Black person in reverse could say that a person is not Black if they have 1% of another Race blood. Meghan in many countries would not be considered to be Black, I doubt if she is Black culturally, I have never seen her in a picture with even a colored girlfriend.

JahJah 2019-05-10 18:37:17 

In reply to dayne

Meghan in many countries would not be considered to be Black

And in which countries would she be considered White or nearly White?

I doubt if she is Black culturally, I have never seem her in a picture with even a colored girlfriend.

Let's leave that one alone because that is of no significance to her being Black, White, nearly White or nearly Black.

Just like how a White person could say a person is Black because the person have 1% of Black blood, a Black person in reverse could say that a person is not Black if they have 1% of another Race blood.

So White ignorance or Black ignorance to choose from. Cool.

But yeah, it's all about the 'angles' as you say. I've met dudes from Africa who say there's no such thing as a black West Indian. No such thing as a black Jamaican, they say...and the beat goes on.

I've even met those who will tell you why Bob Marley is black buy Obama and Halle Berry aren't. Clue: It's the same reason they would say Megan Markle is black.

Yes...those 'angles'.

dayne 2019-05-10 23:38:58 

In reply to JahJah

I have traveled to some countries is South America where she would not be considered as Black. Also in some African countries, especially South Africa she would be thought of as Colored.

Kay 2019-05-11 00:26:58 

In reply to dayne

I have never seen her in a picture with even a colored girlfriend.

You know Serena Williams is one of her best pal? Serena spend some good change to host that big fancy baby shower in the US not too long ago.....

JahJah 2019-05-11 00:55:35 

In reply to dayne

Thanks for the useless info as it pertains to my question, which was...

And in which countries would she be considered White or nearly White?

Casper 2019-05-11 06:13:54 

Baker now says it was alll a mistake. He's no racist.

He forgot the Baby Sussex was of mixed-race.

His excuses don't cut it.

Is a victim of our "hypersensitive age"

dayne 2019-05-11 10:53:31 

In reply to Kay

Well that's good news, Serena is exceptional, she is a very wealthy celebrity.

JahJah 2019-05-11 14:25:45 

In reply to dayne

Well that's good news, Serena is exceptional, she is a very wealthy celebrity.

Facetious? You were expecting her to take photos, and hang out, with black teller a Citibank?