The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Fired Minister of Education subject of criminal

Chrissy 2019-05-10 18:50:15 

investigatin -Ah well!

Commissioner of Police Major General Antony Anderson today confirmed that sacked education minister Ruel Reid is the subject of a criminal investigation.

However, Anderson declined to provide details.

"Yes, there is an ongoing investigation. At this time, I can't give you an update on that," he said during his first press conference since taking over as police commissioner a year ago.

Pressed as to why he could not provide an update on the investigation, Anderson said "because it ongoing."

"It's a financial investigation and one that is quite complex investigations," he told journalists.

Anderson said the probed involves several police formations, including the Counter Terrorism and Organised Crime Division and the Constabulary Financial Unit.

Headley 2019-05-11 00:41:54 

In reply to Chrissy

I know an African guy, Ghanaian I believe, who used to joke about people living like a Minister of Government.

Chrissy 2019-05-11 00:55:15 

In reply to Headley

This one is worse because he was the Principal of a prestigious college (on secondment).
What makes it worse is this is the Ministry of Education and education has long been an escape route from poverty for children of the poor.