The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Wow wow wow, Kawhi Kawhi Kawhi...

Devin 2019-05-13 01:35:36 

can't recall a game winning shot of that nature to drop. Off the rim, high up in the air, bouncing around.

And Kawhi showing some emotion. That was bananas. Kawhi is a stone cold assassin.

Ayenmol 2019-05-13 01:38:31 

That was great...what a finish!...I thought that was gonna bounce out.. I literally screamed!

Ayenmol 2019-05-13 01:41:25 

Of course that was just the second round...

ray 2019-05-13 01:44:26 

Kawhi reminded me of MJ in this game

problemjay 2019-05-13 01:50:29 

One of the few games this playoff season that had me on the edge of my seat all game

dayne 2019-05-13 01:59:13 

Great weekend for a sports fan, the basketball games were great, the IPL final was great, what a weekend.

Devin 2019-05-13 02:01:19 

In reply to ray

Kawhi reminds me of MJ more than any other player in the league. It's just that he doesn't have the swag and doesn't play above the rim as often as MJ did. He's every bit as smooth and always looks to get to his spots, just like MJ. Pretty much always makes smart decisions with the ball.

Awesome defender, brings it on both ends of the floor.

Hellraiser 2019-05-13 12:42:41 

In reply to Devin

The basketball world, especially San Antonio saw a side of Kawhi no one has ever seen before.

This was the first buzzer beater in a game 7 in the history of the NBA (since the merger of the NBA and ABA in 1976).

more wet dreams for the Lakers

What a Sunday! IPL, Raps/76ers and GOT all in a 12hour period was mentally and emotionally exhausting.

This morning i am sure there will be inundation of medical facilities with people suffering from heart ailments of some sort. smile

Ayenmol 2019-05-13 12:45:55 

In reply to dayne

What bout the EPL final?

Ayenmol 2019-05-13 12:48:06 

In reply to Hellraiser

You mean Laker fans.

The man does not want to join the Lakers.

Consider this. Magic is a very well respected basketball guy who was brought in to attract free agents.

He got the top prize, according to most...after one year with him he abruptly leaves!

You think he left because he got positive responses from guys he pursued to come to the Lakers?

Hellraiser 2019-05-13 14:07:53 

In reply to Ayenmol

Yep, I was generally referring to Lakers' fans.

However, all the talk of Kawhi not wanting to join the Lakers are only rumours and speculation so far. I cannot recall any specifics relating to this emanating from the Kawhi camp. Most of the speculation are fueled by potential matchups of ego, demeanor, skill set and most of all the creation of another super team.

Kawhi at a post match press conference said, "this could have been my last shot........of the season...". Even ESPN is reporting THAT to be a cryptic message. I still can't see anything cryptic about that statement.
The only reason why I can see Kawhi leaving Toronto is- when he wanted out of San Antonio, Toronto was never on his radar.

Regarding Magic Johnson- I think he left because of the disappointment of the Lakers not even making the playoffs. Even though he was unable to attract more superstars to the Lakers, he was still hoping that King James and the existing supporting cast would at least have made it to the Western Conference finals. ALSO most of the other superstars Magic courted were reluctant to play supporting roles to the King (as Wade and Bosh did).

SnoopDog 2019-05-13 14:14:54 

In reply to Devin

Best finish to a game all season.

I don't think the Raps will make it to the finals but this series was very satisfying for me.

Hellraiser 2019-05-13 14:46:43 

aaaaaand i forgot to add.

KAWHI TRAVELED WHILE RECEIVING THE INBOUND PASS ON THAT FATEFUL FINAL PLAY.

I wonder if a riot would have broken out if the officials had called that.

Toney 2019-05-13 16:10:50 

In reply to Hellraiser

Other than that final shot, which I though Embid defended badly, I did not believe that Kawhi had one of his best games, shooting wise , of the playoffs.

Ayenmol 2019-05-13 16:12:45 

In reply to Toney

I don't think anyone thinks that.

But what does it matter?

He won the game.

Ayenmol 2019-05-13 16:16:49 

Also I think Embid had in his head that there was little time left and expected Kawhi to pull up halfway down the baseline.

When Embid hesitated and Kawhi kept going, it gave Kawhi just enough room to get off the shot!

It was not bad defending at all. Kawhi just did what he had to do to get a good shot off and he got it.

Hellraiser 2019-05-13 17:07:31 

In reply to Toney

Kawhi took 39 shot attempts in scoring 41 points. In fact his first 3 pointer came in the 4th quarter. This was his worst shooting game of the playoff (not counting game 3 against Orlando when he had the flu). 39 shot attempts was the most Kawhi ever made in a game.

While Kawhi is being hailed as the new King of the North, everyone forgot very quickly that the whole scenario of a tied game going to overtime was nearly possible because he missed that last free throw.

With all that being said, this was the most tense games I have ever seen, with a fairy tale ending only if you are a Raptors' fan.

ray 2019-05-13 17:44:51 

In reply to Hellraiser

The Knicks beating Heat on Allan Houston's shot in Game 5 on last second shot was also one for the books. 1999

Devin 2019-05-13 17:57:41 

Everyone shot the ball poorly last night. Sixers were 43% from the field, and the Raps were 38%.

SnoopDog 2019-05-13 18:04:48 

In reply to Devin

Sixers were 43% from the field, and the Raps were 38%.

Wow! Those are abysmal numbers.

That's why I'm saying the Raps will not make it to the finals. You can't be playing this poorly in the playoffs and expect to just keeping eking out wins against very good teams.

ray 2019-05-13 18:10:27 

Lots of Raptor players seemed scared to shoot

imusic 2019-05-13 18:17:17 

Raps offense has been sporadic at best aside from Khawi

Raps defence was elite level in game 7

Unexpected offense came from Serge Ibaka

Lowry did so many good things that don’t show up in the stat sheet

But if Raps are to beat the Bucks, their bench needs to come to the party.

Ibaka
Van Vleet (who played tough as nails defence but couldn’t get the bounces offensively)
Powell
And a returning OG.....ALL have to step up their gsmes significantly

Kay 2019-05-13 18:27:29 

In reply to imusic

You fuget Drake?

imusic 2019-05-13 18:40:30 

In reply to Kay

Obviously you didn’t

Hellraiser 2019-05-13 18:40:32 

In reply to ray

The Knicks beating Heat on Allan Houston's shot in Game 5 on last second shot was also one for the books. 1999

Cant recall that game. Dem days we were still peeking at the few pirated stuff available on Rex and Viera.

In reply to imusic
Raps offense has been sporadic at best aside from Khawi

If it was not for the Raptors' defence, Kawhi, Lowry and company would have been golfing by now.
If the Raps bring the same inconsistent offense to the Bucks series, it will be a very short one.

WI_cricfan 2019-05-13 19:00:52 

For the Raptors, the BUCK stops with the BUCKS

BTW regarding Kawhi, commentators are saying he has reason to stay put in TO

Link Text