The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

When He Was Really Flowing

Headley 2019-05-13 21:25:03 

And when he was really flowing, he would turn and ask the gloveman to pick the shot.

Navaratne shoved him under the shower and got him downstairs in time for breakfast. Satha did the rest, getting to 215 with minimal fuss.

The seamers of the side must have licked their lips when they saw the green Oval wicket; as rain lashed down on the uncovered track, Ceylon's batsmen knew they were in for a particularly rough ride. They were bundled out for 153. It would have been less but for Satha's majestic 96. Worrell later claimed if he had to pick a World XI, the first name on the team sheet would be Sathasivam's.

Link Text

spider 2019-05-14 12:37:16 

In reply to Headley

A nice read

Discourse 2019-05-14 13:36:24 

In reply to Headley

Yep, nice read

Lol, a Hindu boozing

sgtdjones 2019-05-14 14:50:41 

In reply to Headley

The Sathasivam Stand has long been at the heart of the P Sara Oval. An old friend chuckled when he thought of the pleasure it would bring Satha to know the bar was housed within the stand.

And in late 2018 - just in time for the Test against England - the SSC finished work on the FC de Saram Stand. I managed to sneak in during that match and was taken aback by the atmosphere. The clientele was distinctly English: middle class and middle-aged - a home counties crowd, sporting jackets and MCC ties. It felt more like Lord's than Lanka. I laughed. I couldn't help but think that Derrick would have liked that too.

Beautiful ......

lol lol lol

Headley 2019-05-14 18:08:03 

Yes, really beautiful read, with a hint of pathos.

And when he was really flowing, he would turn and ask the gloveman to pick the shot.
lol lol lol

My favourite. big grin