The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Bassarath: CWI will be fine financially

sgtdjones 2019-05-17 01:33:13 

Bassarath: CWI will be fine financially

Crick­et West In­dies (CWI) will see bet­ter days soon when it comes to their fi­nances says di­rec­tor Az­im Bas­sarath.

The pres­i­dent of the T&T Crick­et Board (TTCB) not­ed that the board is not in the best of health fi­nan­cial­ly at the mo­ment but the right guys are there look­ing to take the re­gion­al or­gan­i­sa­tion in­to the black.

"We have had to spend a lot of mon­ey host­ing un­prof­itable tours in the re­gion ful­fill­ing our In­ter­na­tion­al Crick­et Coun­cil (ICC) oblig­a­tions. This has put us un­der the weath­er a bit. Windies host­ed Sri Lan­ka and Bangladesh in 2018 and this af­fect­ed the prof­it line bad­ly, so much so that the board need­ed to find ways to make their month­ly com­mit­ments," said Bas­sarath.

Eng­land then came to the re­gion this year and the tour was prof­itable help­ing the debt sit­u­a­tion tremen­dous­ly.

Bas­sarath said: "We earned some much-need­ed rev­enue for the Eng­land tour and this has helped a lot. We are ex­pect­ed to at least get back to even keel at the end of the In­di­an tour which takes place in Au­gust in the Caribbean."

Link Text

camos 2019-05-17 02:00:58 

In reply to sgtdjones

says the guy who won't show anyone the TT financial report!
rolleyes

InHindsight 2019-05-17 12:01:24 

In reply to camos

says the guy who won't show anyone the TT financial report!

No matter how good an administrator you are this is one thing that sickens me.

That reeks of the high-handedness of the last CWI president