The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Ambris needs to go to the world cup

brians_da_best 2019-05-17 11:17:15 

He's in excellent form, and current form surely counts for something.

Darren bravo is struggling, Lewis hasn't played in a while.

Else take him as a sixteenth member, I'm not sure of tournament rules would allow that, though

jen 2019-05-17 11:18:15 

In reply to brians_da_best

Else take him as a sixteenth member, I'm not sure of tournament rules would allow that, though

You can carry as many as you want, but only 15 will be eligible during the tournament, unless injury takes over one of the original 15.

brians_da_best 2019-05-17 11:19:04 

In reply to jen

Well, so they can't pick anyone from outside the 15, then.

makes sense

He needs to be in the 15 then

jballer84 2019-05-17 11:20:53 

In reply to jen

Our board is cheap and we will only carry 15. India taking 5 extra quick bowlers. Smh. Carlos for eg is a loyalty pick and should have been brought as an extra member not a part of the 15.

InHindsight 2019-05-17 11:36:14 

I'm not sure of tournament rules would allow that,

India is taking some of their reserves as net bowlers

Think of the benefits

InHindsight 2019-05-17 11:55:25 

Jimmy Adams and selectors pigeonhole themselves.

positiveg 2019-05-17 12:46:57 

In reply to InHindsight

Jimmy Adams and selectors pigeonhole themselves.

Yup and if he's a stubborn individual will allow the team to suffer cause of such stubborness

Ambris should of been there from the get go we picking Lewis, (good pick) but havne't played much pro cricket, have no other guys who can open apart from Hope. Braithwaite shouldn't be there neither Allen easy fix, drop them two bring Polly and Ambris

hawk 2019-05-17 16:30:54 

What has Ambris done prior to this series, at the selection of the team his record wasn't a very good read, great he is doing well augurs well for the future, but every player that scores runs now will not make the team, his best chance will be the injury to selectee route

natty_forever 2019-05-17 16:31:56 

… with a 102 average, what can I say. big grin

jen 2019-05-17 16:54:47 

In reply to positiveg

Not gonna blame the selectors for his initial exclusion from the WC team. His last ODI was in 2017.

I blame the previous team selectors for not giving him a few games in India and Bangladesh.

All this is why to this day am still pissed on previous team selections. How was a man like Ambris kept out of ODI cricket??? Stewpssss

jen 2019-05-17 16:57:12 

I agree that Allen should be replaced. If Brathwaite is getting replaced, it won't be for a batsman. Brathwaite is basically there to cover Russell/Holder injury. So Keemo Paul is probably the only one that might replace him.

I'd bring in Chase for Allen, Ambris for Bravo. At least Chase for Allen. We have no batsman who can offer overs. Once you have this, it means Holder must always bat at 6. You have no flexibility in trying him at #7 and playing 6 batsman.

NYCGURU 2019-05-17 19:07:37 

In reply to hawk

You are spot on Sir. This is the prisoner of the moment mentality that is so very typical. Hopefully he goes from strength to strength now that he has had some success and his confidence should now be sky high.

Logic 2019-05-17 19:14:47 

Anyone know what's the story with John Campbell and his injury? Cause from what I have seen Campbell is only one outside of Keemo Paul who should upset the 15 man lineup. Campbell off spin would probably
be more useful than Nurse or Allen bowling. Plus he would be a real alternative to out of form Lewis.

I got no expectations for Ambris as an opener against some proper fast bowling.

anadayardi 2019-05-17 19:42:28 

In reply to Logic

Campbell has a back injury. Not sure he would be even available for WC if needed.

VoopsandOut 2019-05-17 20:51:35 

In reply to anadayardi

Our problem in WC is going to be bowling. We neither contained nor bowled out (except once) the lowest ranking teams (apart from ourselves). No matter how much firepower we deliver with the bat, unless we can control other equally good batsmen from the other side, we are going to get clobbered. Lets now speak about our atrocious fielding. We are just in really bad shape all around on the eve of the BIG ONE. Our only hope is that the return of the IPL posse will lift the rest of the players.

POINT 2019-05-17 22:53:16 

In reply to jen

I will tell You how ,in the Windward
Islands , the SVG Cricket Board
is the absolutely the Worst Cricket Board in the Region .

Those in the SVG Cricket Board do not
believe that it is their responsibility to bring the attention of promising Players to the attention
of the Worst International Cricket
Board in the Commonwealth .

The Windward Islands Cricket Board is just like the SVG Cricket Board .
My take is that this freaking attitude has perpetually emboldened
the WICBC to ignore the performances
of Players from the Windward Islands .