The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Dukes- there is something about Morgan

sudden 2019-06-18 13:07:53 

that is how Hety should be batting. Not clearing his front leg and swinging at everything. he is too good a batsman to be emulating Marlon Samuels.

Sangfroid 2019-06-18 13:16:42 

In reply to sudden

Let me see, one (Morgan) is 10 years older, has 12 hundreds in 13 years, at an average of 39. The other (Hetmyer), has 4 hundreds in 2 years, at an average of 40. Think the comparison is valid?

RemainsUnknown 2019-06-18 13:17:32 

In reply to Sangfroid

lol lol lol

sudden 2019-06-18 13:21:57 

In reply to Sangfroid

i made no comparison

Sangfroid 2019-06-18 13:23:04 

In reply to sudden

that is how Hety should be batting.

Ah wat ya call dat?

Courtesy 2019-06-18 13:23:38 

In reply to sudden

lol lol lol

I was looking forward to your response.

Sangfroid 2019-06-18 13:24:47 

In reply to Courtesy

Help him wiggle himself out now...you think you're clever. So, go ahead.

Courtesy 2019-06-18 13:30:03 

It simply means: It's the best thing Hety should be doing while batting - taking a page out of Morgan's batting book today. The two batsmen under discussion have contrasting styles.

Btw, Sudden needs absolutely no help from me in arguing this is not a comparison. I wonder though whether Sudden will take on a jackass.

I'll have you for lunch, dinner and breakfast arguing the nuances of the thread, except I don't fancy bobolees.

Sangfroid 2019-06-18 13:32:49 

In reply to Courtesy

Let's do it slowly, for your benefit, of course. Why should Hetty "emulate" Morgan? Is there some defect in Hetty's batting; is there something superior about Morgan's batting? Slowly.

Courtesy 2019-06-18 13:34:10 

Answer: Because at the moment Hety's batting does not compare with Morgan.

Man go and forking sleep. You jackass.

Sangfroid 2019-06-18 13:37:14 

In reply to Courtesy

Let's go with that. Once again you have earned the Nincompoop title. I think it's time for a promotion - your new title is: Nincompoop-see! All hail! cool

sudden 2019-06-18 13:40:51 

In reply to Courtesy

i have time for Froid. at least he engages or tries to.

i said "that is how Hety should be batting." and that is viewed as a comparison.

Sangfroid should look at how you post and be so guided. i hope he sees that as a comparison big grin

Sangfroid 2019-06-18 13:43:28 

In reply to sudden

Happy you have decided to take up the challenge. So, care to answer these: Why should Hetty "emulate" Morgan? Is there some defect in Hetty's batting; is there something superior about Morgan's batting?

sudden 2019-06-18 13:44:41 

In reply to Sangfroid

like i said. i have time for you. so re read what i wrote-

that is how Hety should be batting. Not clearing his front leg and swinging at everything. he is too good a batsman to be emulating Marlon Samuels.

Sangfroid 2019-06-18 13:45:39 

In reply to sudden

I did, I'm getting to this: Why? One thing logically follows the other...Why....

sudden 2019-06-18 13:48:47 

In reply to Sangfroid

if anything i am saying he should not be batting like Samuels- clearing his front leg and swinging. if anything that is the comparison. Morgan played proper cricket shots which i believe Hety have in his repertoire or that he can develop.

Morgan has been consistent with this approach. why not emulate Morgan?

Sangfroid 2019-06-18 13:56:10 

In reply to sudden

if anything i am saying he should not be batting like Samuels- clearing his front leg and swinging. if anything that is the comparison.

Good, unlike Nincompoop-see you're man enough to admit that an improvement relative to a thing/person necessarily flows from a comparison...

...why not emulate Morgan?

That's a different question, one I did not address, or seek to address. But just to remind you:

Let me see, one (Morgan) is 10 years older, has 12 hundreds in 13 years, at an average of 39. The other (Hetmyer), has 4 hundreds in 2 years, at an average of 40. Think the comparison is valid?

RemainsUnknown 2019-06-18 13:59:59 

In reply to Sangfroid

There are 2 things/people involved.

Observably, one bats a certain way and the other doesn't.

In order for one to do like the other, there is to be a compare and contrast.

Simple. There are no two ways about it. You win. And to bring Marlon into this is shameful.

Sangfroid 2019-06-18 14:02:45 

In reply to RemainsUnknown

Shooooo....don't want to hurt the Poop-see's feelings. This is too much for him! Remember, he thinks he is clever!

sudden 2019-06-18 14:17:33 

In reply to Sangfroid

i made no comparison on the face of it yes but human nature tends to see comparisons when you talk about two people or use words like emulate.

lets say i made a comparison to Morgan or in any case said Hety should look at how Morgan batted. why did you bring up Morgan's overall record when i mentioned how he batted in this innings?

Courtesy 2019-06-18 14:21:47 

In reply to sudden

There was absolutely no comparison. I repeat no comparison. It's like telling a junior doctor he must emulate his Consultant with the hope that the junior can get to the level of the Consultant.

You are not comparing the junior doctor to his Consultant. It's only another way of saying "emulate" because of the striking differences in levels of skill.

sudden 2019-06-18 14:23:49 

In reply to Courtesy

mate it is useful sometimes to give a little to see what the future holds, so to speak big grin

Courtesy 2019-06-18 14:24:06 

In reply to sudden

lol lol lol

No one except a fool would take your post to mean that you are comparing Hety to Morgan.

sudden 2019-06-18 14:28:57 

In reply to Courtesy

you see some unknown person said i should not have mentioned Samuels.

i saw JHO clearing his front leg yesterday too and i said that he would soon scoop one or swing one in the air.

clearing the front leg works sometimes but it is not a long term batting strategy. why not use your feet and get to the ball?

Courtesy 2019-06-18 14:31:40 

In reply to sudden

Yep. It's called the neutral position. The problem with this is, smart bowlers would ball wide and full outside off to negate this strategy but is is a useful position to adopt when trying to score quickly.

tc1 2019-06-18 14:34:01 

Is the fraudster Joshua .

Headley 2019-06-18 14:36:30 

In reply to sudden

Morning Bulby, I just noticed you there, hoisted with your own petard. Good thing you have a medical man to assist. lol lol lol lol

Courtesy 2019-06-18 14:36:46 

In reply to tc1

No, no, no no. Leave my friend Josh outta dis.

This specimen is not Josh.

lol lol lol

Sangfroid 2019-06-18 14:36:59 

In reply to sudden

i made no comparison on the face of it yes but human nature tends to see comparisons when you talk about two people or use words like emulate.

The comparison is implied, star. That fact is inescapable. If a professor wants to identify the reason/s for, say, the disparate academic performances of two students, a comparison must be had in the first instance - that is to say he must measure and analyse. Once his initial evaluation is done, he is in a position to suggest methods/"solutions" to improve the performance of the weaker student, ceteris paribus. Therefore this has nothing to do with human nature, or cognitive bias. The conclusion I have drawn is sound, based on solid reasoning.

sudden 2019-06-18 14:37:06 

In reply to tc1

you talk too fast. i have time for Sangfroid. he likes to argue and i like to argue. he is not offensive altho i can be.

i have no issues with the fella whatsoever. we need more of him even if he is Josh. In fact especially if he is Josh.

we have somethings in common and he knows what big grin

sudden 2019-06-18 14:38:00 

In reply to Sangfroid

move on, i sorta conceded that point, or rather put it in abeyance, mate

Sangfroid 2019-06-18 14:40:16 

In reply to sudden

So what was this all about:

lets say i made a comparison to Morgan or in any case said Hety should look at how Morgan batted. why did you bring up Morgan's overall record when i mentioned how he batted in this innings?

sudden 2019-06-18 14:40:41 

In reply to Headley

good that you can show your face today. i know Ja is kinda big but man you spent a long time in the kuntry. i hope it wasnt for 0

sudden 2019-06-18 14:42:30 

In reply to Sangfroid

what is your issue there- concede or abeyance?

you seem to be stuck in analysis paralysis. lets move on mate or rather answer the second half of that if you wish

Sangfroid 2019-06-18 14:43:46 

In reply to Courtesy

There was absolutely no comparison. It's like telling a junior doctor he must emulate his Consultant.

You are not comparing the junior doctor to his Consultant. It's only another way of saying "emulate."

Poop-see, ya parents nevuh tel yuh fuh stay out of big people bizness?

Headley 2019-06-18 14:43:46 

In reply to tc1

I posted Jones' race in the backroom. Not sure you saw it. I wonder if he will return to the 800m. He always had the build for it and now he has the speed as an adult. Interesting times ahead. Maybe by Olympics next year. Barbados record holder in the 400m now I believe, the 800m cannot be far away.

Courtesy 2019-06-18 14:44:50 

In reply to sudden

Mate, there was a contrast in the post but not a comparison. You should not let fools believe their own trash.

goofballs 2019-06-18 14:45:56 

Ok, here is mention of Morgan.

Allyuh remember, seriously, Hety is just 22 years old.

sudden 2019-06-18 14:48:35 

In reply to goofballs

true but they should start young to see the trees for the forest or something so. i am sure Dukes would agree

Sangfroid 2019-06-18 14:49:30 

In reply to Courtesy

Mate, there was a contrast in the post but not a comparison. You should not let fools believe their own trash.

Dear, Poop-see:

compare
/kəmˈpɛː/

verb

1.estimate, measure, or note the similarity or dissimilarity between.

Now get to the back of the class!

sudden 2019-06-18 14:50:02 

In reply to Courtesy

mate people see what they want to see to argue their case. i have no issues parking that for a while to get on with substance of the matter

Sangfroid 2019-06-18 14:50:11 

In reply to sudden

true but they should start young to see the trees for the forest or something so. i am sure Dukes would agree

And what makes you think that wouldn't come with time?

sudden 2019-06-18 14:52:00 

In reply to Sangfroid

first things first answer my question to wit-

Courtesy 2019-06-18 14:52:26 

lol lol lol

I am sure the bobolee will now look up the meaning of "contrast."

On second thoughts, I don't think the Fraud will look it up and post the definition.

The two batters are strikingly different, so Hety must take a page from Morgan's batting book today.

The nuances again. This is where DeCoutesy eats them for breakfast.

Sangfroid 2019-06-18 14:52:35 

In reply to sudden

How does one reconcile this:

move on, i sorta conceded that point, or rather put it in abeyance, mate

With this:

mate people see what they want to see to argue their case.

Steady yourself, star. You're almost as slippery as Nincompoop. cool

sudden 2019-06-18 14:54:29 

In reply to Sangfroid

when you ready to continue tell me

Sangfroid 2019-06-18 14:54:36 

In reply to sudden

why did you bring up Morgan's overall record when i mentioned how he batted in this innings?

I answered that already, here:

Think the comparison is valid?

goofballs 2019-06-18 14:54:39 

In reply to sudden

True, but they can't see a whole tree much less forest until they fully open their eyes.

In the village, however, they say change must be made before the limb branch out and gone its own way. Then it's too late. smile

Sangfroid 2019-06-18 14:59:51 

In reply to Courtesy

The nuances again. This is where DeCoutesy eats them for breakfast.

A lot of things happen in your head, not all good.

Courtesy 2019-06-18 15:01:14 

lol lol lol

Finally, the fraud has conceded that there was no comparison but a contrast in batting styles.

Sangfroid 2019-06-18 15:04:57 

In reply to Courtesy

Again,

compare

verb
1. estimate, measure, or note the similarity or dissimilarity between.

Oh, Poop-see, one must know his place. At the back of the class... cool

Courtesy 2019-06-18 15:06:35 

You never did CXC... and saw these questions..."compare and contrast."

Who should have known the difference from primary school. You fool.

big grin

sudden 2019-06-18 15:06:56 

In reply to Sangfroid

Morgan's overall record whilst interesting is not valid in this case as i was arguing that this innings (restrictive), the way Morgan batted in this innings- that is how Hety should be batting. didnt i say that?

so again why bring up his overall record to seemingly negate my point?

Sangfroid 2019-06-18 15:08:42 

In reply to Courtesy

Even when the evidence is staring right in front of you, you still doubt. Seek the therapy you need,star.

Courtesy 2019-06-18 15:11:40 

lol lol lol

Continue to lick your gaping wounds with your tail between your legs and while at it, please study the nuances between "compare and contrast."

If I had an appetite for bobolees, I would have you for lunch, dinner and breakfast.

Sangfroid 2019-06-18 15:12:53 

In reply to sudden

Morgan's overall record whilst interesting is not valid in this case as i was arguing that this innings (restrictive), the way Morgan batted in this innings- that is how Hety should be batting. didnt i say that?

so again why bring up his overall record to seemingly negate my point?

Not sure how you cannot connect the dots. The answer to this question will, well, hopefully, answer your question: How did Morgan arrive at the point he is at now? To remind you, Morgan is 32, Hetty is 22. Morgan's ODI average is basically the same as Hetty. Morgan has played longer and in more matches than Hetty. Tell me why these facts are...um, irrelevant?

Sangfroid 2019-06-18 15:19:00 

In reply to Courtesy

You never did CXC... and saw these questions..."compare and contrast."

Who should have known the difference from primary school. You fool.

You are truly a dinosaur. Stay in your static bubble.

Courtesy 2019-06-18 15:20:30 

lol lol lol

Ok, my morning fun has ended.

sudden 2019-06-18 15:20:42 

In reply to Sangfroid

i could see why you would think that would make sense to defuse what i said but they dont. how he batted today is where the issue lies. Morgan played proper cricket shots and didnt clear his front leg all the time and swing. that is what Hety should emulate. and that is the comparison if you want to call it that, my good man

if you want to speak to his overall batting average that is another matter. you seem to like to conflate issues. this is not an issue to conflate it is rather restrictive to how Morgan batted this innings- no more no less.

Courtesy 2019-06-18 15:22:53 

In reply to sudden

...Morgan played proper cricket shots and didnt clear his front leg all the time and swing. that is what Hety should emulate.

And this right there is the contrast - the striking difference.

sudden 2019-06-18 15:23:59 

In reply to Courtesy

exactly- see what i was getting to big grin

Courtesy 2019-06-18 15:25:09 

In reply to sudden

Mate, I know you will never compare Hety at this atage of his career to Morgan.

big grin

sudden 2019-06-18 15:30:13 

In reply to Courtesy

i could see why you would think that would make sense to defuse what i said but they dont. how he batted today is where the issue lies. Morgan played proper cricket shots and didnt clear his front leg all the time and swing. that is what Hety should emulate. and that is the comparison if you want to call it that, my good man

you done know the deal, mate
big grin

Sangfroid 2019-06-18 15:34:49 

In reply to sudden

1. Would you also concede that the how is a function of years of experience, among other things?

2. Not sure how you define, "proper cricket shots". Am I to take it that clearing the front leg is not a "proper cricket shot"?

3. I thought you already conceded that to "emulate" flows from a comparison in the first instance...

if you want to speak to his overall batting average that is another matter. you seem to like to conflate issues. this is not an issue to conflate it is rather restrictive to how Morgan batted this innings- no more no less.

4. How did I conflate issues? The point of drawing your attention to their relative batting average was to point out the obvious...that is, in spite of your perception their output is just about the same...

sudden 2019-06-18 15:37:52 

In reply to Sangfroid

the jury has been dismissed and the judge has repaired to his chambers.

Courtesy 2019-06-18 15:38:23 

In reply to sudden

De fraud made an initial post which was tangential to the tenor of your thrust.

big grin

Sangfroid 2019-06-18 15:43:58 

In reply to sudden

the jury has been dismissed and the judge has repaired to his chambers.

Case dismissed for want of corroborating evidence and legal grounds.

sudden 2019-06-18 15:47:11 

In reply to Sangfroid

were i you i would want to believe that too big grin

Tryangle 2019-06-18 15:58:45 

Fun Eoin Morgan stat. Morgan scored more sixes today than Nasser Hussain scored in his 88 ODI career lol lol lol

Sangfroid 2019-06-18 16:00:24 

In reply to Tryangle

cool

tc1 2019-06-18 16:14:37 

In reply to Headley

Thanks, I check your post. I never knew that he ran the 400 until last week.

Dukes 2019-06-18 18:08:13 

In reply to sudden

Dukes- there is something about Morgan
that is how Hety should be batting.

I think that the above statement was made without much aforethought.

We are currently in the midst of a 50 over One Day International World Cup and thus one's batting approach has to be flexible depending on the particular circumstance one finds oneself.as a general rule of thumb, every batsman should follow his own style of batting, particularly when one is hugely talented.
It seems to me that Hetmyer is vastly more talented than Morgan so the notion that the former should bat like the latter can only be said in a metaphorical sense, i.e you feel that Hetty should be more prudent in his shot selection.
I agree with that general sentiment but caution that it is the supreme confidence, bat speed and reflexes and singular mindset that allows differently talented players like Hetty to even attempt some of the shots they play.
You repeatedly ignore the fact that while lesser mortals who have scoring rates in excess of 100,they invariably average less than 30 and usually less than 25.an average of nearly 30 can be acquired due to numerous not outs when batting at # 7 or lower. Only the rare talents average anywhere near 40 with a scoring rate in excess of 100.This statistic seems to escape your comprehension despite me mentioning it repeatedly so I think you are being deliberately obtuse.

I counsel you to remain patient with young Hetmyer and accept the ride.I acknowledge that there will be ups and downs but in 13 years time we all would say WHAT A GREAT CAREER.

Lemme say this,3 young men from Guyana reached 1000 ODI runs at age 22 and two of them now retired had successful test and ODI careers.

Shivnarine Chanderpaul and Ronnie Sarwan, two guys I championed BEFORE they made their test debuts in 1994 and 2000 respectively turned out to have stellar careers. I can assure you that my confidence in my judgement in the 3rd case will prove to be just as prescient as in those cases.

I leave TIME to prove me correct.

SELAH

carl0002 2019-06-18 19:27:09 

The problem is if Hety keep playing the way he does and wait until later in his career to construct an innings he will be lucky to make it to 32 playing any kind of cricket. If this is the way he insists on playing he better learn to bowl cuz not even 20/20 cricket can suffer a hit and miss vooper for long unless he is a bowling all rounder.

sudden 2019-06-18 19:33:15 

In reply to Dukes

you can always be counted on to speak eloquently to non issues. no one asked Hety to forgo his own batting style to copy Morgan's on the whole but merely to emulate yes emulate the cricket shots he played. did you note that Morgan seldom cleared his front leg and swung like Hety does frequently?

i posit that should Hety bat properly as he can he would be more effective consistently. as it is he seems to want to be a shot gun and sides have no problem in giving him a 50 with a few self satisfying 6s. if you are so pleased then so be it. but the lad can be so much more.

when i first started out in my trade we watched a lot of film of the stars of my trade. how they structured an argument and delivered. we saw them in person and we were encouraged to copy a style and work on it until we had our own style. cricket is not much different.

you keep harping about his runs now, his average now. that is the now man. if he continues on this swiping path i daresay that can change. is that what you want the lad to come to?

my referencing Morgan was only to show what can be achieved by batting normally and not this silly style of clearing the front foot and swinging to kingdom come. if he doesnt like Morgan's way or his average you have Kohli and other players who make runs, make runs consistently and dont swipe.

Discourse 2019-06-18 20:24:59 

In reply to sudden

Lol...

I share your burden. It took some 73 posts to have you break down finely, what would have been anywhere else, elementary. wink

Courtesy 2019-06-18 20:34:06 

In reply to sudden

Yes I. In Blues and Jazz you have to learn to play the riffs and Jazz Standards as a start. And later strive to emulate the Ella Fitzgeralds, Dizzy Gillispies, Thelonius Monks, Herbie Hankcocks, Bill Evans etc.

As a young Jazz student, you don't compare or you are not comparing yourself to the Jazz greats - you attempt to emulate them.

Yes I, great post.

sudden 2019-06-18 22:32:23 

In reply to Courtesy

we await de Dukes response

Courtesy 2019-06-18 22:38:30 

In reply to sudden

I don't think Dukes needs to re-appear here on this topic. He has virtually summed it up nicely and has tacitly endorsed your general theme, albeit subconsciously.

...one's batting approach has to be flexible depending on the particular circumstance one finds oneself.as a general rule of thumb, every batsman should follow his own style of batting, particularly when one is hugely talented...

Hety's batting style currently lacks flexibility and he should emulate Morgan.

big grin

sudden 2019-06-18 22:53:04 

In reply to Courtesy

to be honest i only said Morgan because he is left handed and made runs today. but there are other left-handers out there like Warner or Hety could look at some films of Lara or Sobers or even Shiv big grin

Courtesy 2019-06-18 22:58:41 

In reply to sudden

to be honest i only said Morgan because he is left handed and made runs today. but there are other left-handers out there like Warner or Hety could look at some films of Lara or Sobers or even Shiv

I don't have a bad word to say about Shiv except he would never have gotten run out batting with Hope like Hetmyer did and Shiv placed a premium on his wicket.

big grin

sudden 2019-06-18 23:01:14 

In reply to Courtesy

Shiv and Hope running between the wicket would have been comical. i daresay Hope would never win any of those battles.

Hooper was a doozie at running between the wickets too big grin

natty_forever 2019-06-19 00:31:58 

In reply to sudden

"that is how Hety should be batting."

So by comparing how they both batted in their respective innings you came to that conclusion?

Dukes 2019-06-19 10:20:10 

In reply to sudden

HETTY

Chew on the above.
Reading your posts in this tread, one could never believe that Hetty has the kind of ODI record that he does.
COMMON SENSE tells us that a successful ODI batsman should have an ODI average of at least 35 with a scoring rate of over 90.Hetty has an average of 40 with a scoring rate of 109.
HPOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE SUCH A RECORD?????

I CAN BET DOLLARS TO DOUGHNIUTS THAT YOU EVADE THAT QUESTION!!!!!

YOU NEVER ADDRESS HETTY'S ODI RECORD AND THAT IS BORDERLINE DISHONEST!!!!!

Dukes 2019-06-19 10:31:32 

In reply to sudden

Q---HOW DO YOU CRITICIZE SOMEBODY WHO IS SUCCESSFUL?

A-----PRETEND THEY ARE NOT SUCCESSFUL

Q-WHAT IS THE DEFINITION OF A SUCCESSFUL ODI BATSMAN???

We already know what criteria we use to define a successful test batsman.

We usually want an average of at least 40 after playing at least 50 test matches

CITYBOY 2019-06-19 10:36:11 

Hola.....Hety and Sherfaine 2 exciting Guyanese batsmen that will have the fans talking always...

We have more in Guyana...its a factory in Guyana but too bad that they aint being given the chance for the main stage.

Gwaan Hety Malini and gwaan Shah Rhukhaford....
who jealous jealous....show dem its Guyana time
Adios
CB

nick2020 2019-06-19 10:41:03 

4 pages of pure idleness
big grin

Dukes 2019-06-19 10:41:52 

In reply to sudden

I saw an interesting statistical analysis which suggested that for ODI batsman a good measure of effectiveness for a batsman is to multiply their average by their scoring rate and if you get over 4000 you are successful.
Clearly this can only be applied to this current era of very high scores.I suppose back in the 80's it would be 3,000.

Just trying to get you to be more objective in your analysis of ODI cricket which seem totally based on aesthetics and not on results.

Following your logic Rowe is a better batsman than Viv.

Courtesy 2019-06-19 10:51:43 

In reply to Dukes

...Following your logic Rowe is a better batsman than Viv.

To pursue any further meaningful discourse can you elucidate what you think is Sudden's logic?

I think we need to be on the same page here.

sudden 2019-06-19 10:51:45 

In reply to Dukes

this doesnt sound like the Dukes i know. like Poonka you are- all over the place. you seem to be in fugue state, my friend. i hope this re-post gets you back on track-

you can always be counted on to speak eloquently to non issues. no one asked Hety to forgo his own batting style to copy Morgan's on the whole but merely to emulate yes emulate the cricket shots he played. did you note that Morgan seldom cleared his front leg and swung like Hety does frequently?

i posit that should Hety bat properly as he can he would be more effective consistently. as it is he seems to want to be a shot gun and sides have no problem in giving him a 50 with a few self satisfying 6s. if you are so pleased then so be it. but the lad can be so much more.

when i first started out in my trade we watched a lot of film of the stars of my trade. how they structured an argument and delivered. we saw them in person and we were encouraged to copy a style and work on it until we had our own style. cricket is not much different.

you keep harping about his runs now, his average now. that is the now man. if he continues on this swiping path i daresay that can change. is that what you want the lad to come to?

my referencing Morgan was only to show what can be achieved by batting normally and not this silly style of clearing the front foot and swinging to kingdom come. if he doesnt like Morgan's way or his average you have Kohli and other players who make runs, make runs consistently and dont swipe.

Courtesy 2019-06-19 10:55:34 

In reply to sudden

I was hoping that Duke's could have given his perspective of your "logic" first.

You seem to be ahead of the game.

big grin

sudden 2019-06-19 10:58:51 

In reply to Courtesy

i didnt see your post or i would have waited. Dukes seems confused. his argument is not as cogent as the normal Dukes. and i am in the mood to argue. have been for a couple a days now. amazing what another abysmal cricket performance by the WI could do, ent? big grin

Courtesy 2019-06-19 11:03:19 

In reply to sudden

i didnt see your post or i would have waited. Dukes seems confused. his argument is not as cogent as the normal Dukes. and i am in the mood to argue. have been for a couple a days now. amazing what another abysmal cricket performance by the WI could do, ent?

I hope Dukes is ok in body and mind. He seem not to exude his usual fluidity of sound thought. Dukes is pivoting to a blister.

Dukes 2019-06-19 12:47:26 

In reply to sudden

AGAIN YOU DO NOT ADDRESS HETTY'S ODI RECORD!!!!!!

Dukes 2019-06-19 12:47:52 

In reply to Courtesy

Thank you for your concern re my mental status.

Courtesy 2019-06-19 12:49:22 

In reply to Dukes

I hope you are ok. Please confirm.

Dukes 2019-06-19 12:51:10 

In reply to sudden

as it is he seems to want to be a shot gun and sides have no problem in giving him a 50 with a few self satisfying 6s.

So teams are giving Hetty 50???

YOU ARE NOW IN TRUMPIAN TERRITORY

Dukes 2019-06-19 12:52:39 

In reply to Courtesy

I can confirm I am fine.Mildly irritated by the complete lack of objectivity by one of the so-called thought leaders in Barbados.

Courtesy 2019-06-19 12:54:42 

In reply to Dukes

I am remined of the old adage: "Good, better, best. Never let them rest, until the good is better and the better becomes the best."

Do you agree with this?

Dukes 2019-06-19 12:56:15 

In reply to Courtesy

Hety's batting style currently lacks flexibility

Can you confirm that Hetty's batting style against Australia was the same against Bangladesh?

Dukes 2019-06-19 12:57:40 

In reply to Courtesy

Yes I do.

However there is NO ACKNOWLEDGEMENT that one is trying to make the BETTER, BEST!!!!!!
ZERO STATEMENTS THAT THE SUBJECT MATTER IS BETTER!!!!

Courtesy 2019-06-19 12:59:52 

In reply to Dukes

It's there for everyone to see. I would hate to think that "5 million West Indians can be wrong."

Hety bats the same way without regard to circumstance.

The three outs in the India test series bears testimony to this. Even in test matches where he has the time to build an innings. Hety's lack of flexibility with his batting is indisputable.

"5 million West Indians" save Dukes cannot be wrong.

Dukes 2019-06-19 13:02:38 

In reply to Courtesy

I asked you a specific question. Please answer it.

Courtesy 2019-06-19 13:04:13 

In reply to Dukes

However there is NO ACKNOWLEDGEMENT that one is trying to make the BETTER, BEST!!!!!!
ZERO STATEMENTS THAT THE SUBJECT MATTER IS BETTER!!!!

What do you make of the sinippet from Sudden quoted below?:
i posit that should Hety bat properly as he can he would be more effective consistently...

Courtesy 2019-06-19 13:06:25 

In reply to Dukes

I asked you a specific question. Please answer it.

It was the same batting but his usual style was needed in the Bangladesh innings.

Dukes 2019-06-19 13:06:58 

In reply to Courtesy

I suggest that you stick to what you post, rather than try to speculate on what Sudden meant by his posts.

Courtesy 2019-06-19 13:09:17 

In reply to Dukes

I suggest that you stick to what you post, rather than try to speculate on what Sudden meant by his posts.

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Ok boss. Sudden may very well be thinking otherwise. I agree.

Dukes 2019-06-19 13:09:51 

In reply to Courtesy

It was the same batting but his usual style was needed in the Bangladesh innings.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You are so busy trying to obfuscate,when all is required is an honest answer to the question as to whether Hetty's approach in the World cup match against Australia last week was the same as his approach to his innings against Bangladesh a couple days ago. a simple YES or NO would suffice.

Courtesy 2019-06-19 13:10:47 

In reply to Dukes

Courtesy:

Yes...the approach was the same. Do you want me to post in Dutch?

big grin

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 13:24:21 

In reply to Courtesy

It's there for everyone to see. I would hate to think that "5 million West Indians can be wrong."

5 million West Indians follow WI cricket, really? Also, might I remind you; the people did prefer Barabbas when presented with a choice. They call this kind of logical fallacy, argumentum ad populum.

Can you prove it? As a sample, roughly 57% of his hundred against Bang at Providence did not comprise 4s and 6s. WI went on to win that game. Also of note, 75% of his hundreds result in WI wins.

The three outs in the India test series bears testimony to this. Even in test matches where he has the time to build an innings.

In that series, Hetty was not reading Kuldeep, hence his approach. Things quickly changed in the ODIs, where Kuldeep was taken to the cleaners.

You are so superficial.

Dukes 2019-06-19 13:27:17 

In reply to Courtesy

When I get time I will show the contrast between the 2 innings and then readers can judge whether you have any credibility whatsoever.

Courtesy 2019-06-19 13:28:27 

Fraud. That was poetic license you fool. You are trying too hard to breach the seawall.

As for the other part of your post, all this confirms is that Hety's game is better suited for ODI and fast foods and his swashbuckling style.

The intellectual rigor in your post above is akin to "Mary had a Little lamb."

lol lol lol

Courtesy 2019-06-19 13:28:53 

In reply to Dukes

Fair enough.

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 13:31:54 

In reply to Courtesy

Fraud. That was poetic licence you fool. You are trying too hard.

No, it was more of the same with you - BS.

sudden 2019-06-19 13:39:59 

In reply to Dukes

sorry Dukes. i was in a pressing conference call. i do work or consult believe it or not.

i have watched most of Hety's innings and there is a progression toward slogging. at the beginning there was some attempt by Hety to bat properly shown by his hitting over mid off inside out and hitting down the ground but now there has been a marked propensity of clearing the front leg and swinging

Dukes 2019-06-19 14:02:44 

In reply to sudden
For the UMPTEENTH TIME

COULD YOU ADDRESS HETTY'S ODI BATTING RECORD???

Courtesy 2019-06-19 14:15:47 

In reply to Dukes

Mate, don't look at just the average (mean). Please look at the difference between the Median and mean for Y2018 and Y2019 this should tell you a better story of the skewness of the data. Average (mean) on its own gives a limited perspective of the data set (limited view of what's happening).

This is interesting.

And I dare say it gives credence to Sudden's position. It does not point to consistency in his batting.

I'll be working out the Standard Deviation later.

sudden 2019-06-19 14:37:52 

In reply to Courtesy

thanks. we shall await Dukes's reply

Dukes 2019-06-19 15:06:44 

In reply to Courtesy

In trying to come up with intellectual ways to diminish Hetty's ODI record you are talking about Median and Mean and skewing, none of which has any remote value to cricket. In fact it is 180 degrees away from importance because if a man makes 40 in 5 consecutive ODI matches as opposed to a guy who makes two 80's and a 40 followed by 2 ducks,it is more likely that the latter would have won 2 matches for his team while the former would have won none.
You are clearly grasping at straws with a smorgasbord of intellectual nonsense.

sudden 2019-06-19 15:08:31 

In reply to Dukes

in the words of Larr- steeeeeuuuupppps

natty_forever 2019-06-19 15:10:06 

In reply to Dukes

Don Quixote them is. lol

Courtesy 2019-06-19 15:24:39 

In reply to Dukes

Mate, your are kidding. This is the most asinine of your posts.

Sudden is arguing consistency in batting and you are using mean (average) as proof of consistency. You cannot be serious man. There are several methodologies to allow us to see the skewness or lack of centrality in a data set. I used the simplest of these methodologies to determine consistency.

No statistician uses mean (average) as proof of consistency. And you compounded it by saying "it has no place in cricket".

Cricket relies on stats mate. You have to use methodologies which allow you to see the wood from the trees. Dukes that is asinine stuff that you posted above, really.

Anyway dis done out of respect for you. I go no further with this ridiculous piece you posted above..

This is TABC stuff really. I am amazed.

Dukes 2019-06-19 15:40:59 

In reply to Courtesy

you are using mean (average) as proof of consistency

THAT IS PATENTLY FALSE

I am not interested in consistency but in EFFECTIVENESS. The reason you have 6 batsmen in a team is that if two fire with centuries, then you are likely to win. We are trying to win matches because in ODI cricket there are no draws. Scoring rate is equally important and in some cases even more important than average, particularly in these days of very high scores in ODI cricket

Courtesy 2019-06-19 15:45:41 

In reply to Dukes

I am not interested in consistency...

Dis more than done as it is the crux of Sudden's argument - to quote him "effective consistently":

As you can see can see from the above Sudden has no issue with effectiveness and DeCourtesy has no issue with effectiveness. The direction you have taken is tangential to Sudden's focus and purpose of the thread.

And now I will throw a spanner into the works...one can be effective without being efficient or consistent.

i posit that should Hety bat properly as he can he would be more effective consistently.

See you later.

Dukes 2019-06-19 15:48:53 

In reply to Courtesy

Apart from Hetty, please name all the ODI batting failures who average 40 with a scoring rate in excess of 100.

Courtesy 2019-06-19 15:49:36 

In reply to Dukes

I do not wish to shift the focus and purpose of Sudden's consistently being effective argument. SORRY.

goofballs 2019-06-19 15:52:02 

Much ado about nothing!!

If Hety and his entourage would follow the advice of the lead post, he might improve.
Otherwise, even God can't help. razz

RemainsUnknown 2019-06-19 15:58:30 

In reply to goofballs

This is an aside (since I'm reading through this thread and saw you here)...
Did you see India call-up your boy Pant for the injured Dhawan?
Do you think Rishab will get a few opportunities at bat?

JOJO 2019-06-19 15:58:34 

big grin This is a funny thread. A really funny thread. big grin big grin

The extent of sophistry...

natty_forever 2019-06-19 15:59:53 

In reply to goofballs

That's not the debate.

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 17:28:24 

In reply to Courtesy

Mate, don't look at just the average (mean). Please look at the difference between the Median and mean for Y2018 and Y2019 this should tell you a better story of the skewness of the data.

I did what Dukes didn't do, I looked at Hetty's mean and median scores over the time period suggested - 2018 to 2019. If we were to eliminate the not-outs, his mean score is 37.5; the median is 21. The spread, 16.5. Now, these results are meaningless if there is no yardstick by which we can measure "consistency". Perhaps you can suggest what that is...What's Morgan's mean-median spread?

Also, Hetty's distribution is not unlike most batsmen - positively skewed; that is, the mean is greater than the median. Nothing to report here. For perspective, Lara had a mean-median spread at the end of his career of 18.02 in tests. Bradman's was a whopping 30.95. Would you people dare make an issue about their apparent lack of "consistency"? rolleyes

sudden 2019-06-19 17:33:19 

In reply to goofballs

Much ado about nothing!!

If Hety and his entourage would follow the advice of the lead post, he might improve.
Otherwise, even God can't help.

as simple as that.

or rather -

i posit that should Hety bat properly as he can he would be more effective consistently.

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 17:35:51 

In reply to sudden

as simple as that

Improve relative to what/who? Morgan?

Courtesy 2019-06-19 17:36:47 

De Fraud can find no methodology to test the consistency of a skewed data set.

Fraud, try doing an SD and get back to me..

lol lol lol

sudden 2019-06-19 17:37:35 

In reply to Sangfroid

or rather-

sudden 2019-06-19 17:38:21 

In reply to Courtesy

i really cant take much more big grin big grin

Courtesy 2019-06-19 17:39:15 

In reply to sudden

i really cant take much more

lol lol lol

Sometimes mate, you wonder.

sudden 2019-06-19 17:46:16 

In reply to Courtesy

suppose i say-

Russell should look at Morris bowling today and pitch up the ball and stop bowling bouncers and short balls like Gabriel, i wonder what the response would be?

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 17:50:29 

In reply to Courtesy

De Fraud can find no methodology to test the consistency of a skewed data set.

Fraud, try doing an SD.

Nincompoop, you are the one who introduced the median to the discussion. You are the one who suggested/promised an analysis using SD. Now tell me, how exactly is SD going to help in any meaningful way in this discussion about consistency? Tell me Pearson's Skew Coefficient, or kurtosis. SD? Yuh tek man fuh fool.

Besides, measures of central tendency (mean, median...) are useless if there is no yardstick to measure the results. Try answering my questions, if you can...Nincompoop!

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 17:51:38 

Now, let this soak in:

Hetymer attacks more than the average player because he’s better at it than the average player. In all formats Hetmyer scores significantly faster than the global average when he plays an attacking shot. The only two batsman to score faster than Hetmyer with attacking shots are the prodigiously talented Aiden Markram (188.64) and the godfather of attacking batting Virender Sehwag (176.62).

Link Text

Courtesy 2019-06-19 17:52:08 

In reply to Sangfroid

What does that gaping difference in Median, mode and mean that you worked out tell you?

They should be sending alarm bells all the way down your spineless ass.

SKUNK.

big grin

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 17:53:12 

In reply to Courtesy

What does the significant difference in Median, mode and mean tell you?

Idiot, what is the "accepted" spread between the two?

Courtesy 2019-06-19 17:53:51 

In reply to sudden

suppose i say-

Russell should look at Morris bowling today and pitch up the ball and stop bowling bouncers and short balls like Gabriel, i wonder what the response would be?

That you are comparing Russel to Morris.

big grin

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 17:54:24 

Hetmyer attacks a significantly greater proportion of his deliveries than the average player in Test, ODI and T20 cricket.

“I would rather have a guy who can play the shots and teach him the defence than a guy who doesn’t have any shots” – Viv Richards, 2015

As Hetmyer’s career has progressed some of his traditional numbers have begun to reflect his obvious ability. His ODI strike rate, for example, of 106.91 is exceptional and his T20 strike rate of 142.42 is also very good, especially considering he has played on some tough pitches in the Caribbean. However, it is detailed analytics – numbers that look beyond the scorecard, that break down his game into its component parts – that really show Hetmyer to be a player of astonishing potential.

Courtesy 2019-06-19 17:54:42 

In reply to Sangfroid

Idiot, what is the "accepted" spread between the two?

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Facking idiot. Go learn why we use these metrics.

What does the huge difference in median, mode and mean tell you? Nothing?

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 17:55:29 

Hetmyer’s power with attacking shots doesn’t compromise his consistency with them. His attacking shots per dismissal is better than the global average in all formats.

Naturally this means his average runs per dismissal with attacking shots is significantly higher than the global average. Hetmyer is an attacking sensation.

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 17:56:10 

Hetmyer’s astonishing attacking strength enables him to score off good balls as well as bad balls. His effectiveness at doing this is conveyed by CricViz’s Expected Runs Model which calculates the runs we would expect to be scored off a delivery based on its ball tracking components. Comparing the aggregated expected runs total with a player’s actual runs total is an advanced form of analysis which evaluates players in great detail, not merely looking at what they’ve done but by placing it in context of the balls they have faced.

By this measure, since Hetmyer’s Test and ODI debuts he has scored 249 more runs than expected in Test cricket and 118 runs more than expected in ODI cricket – this ranks him sixth in the world in both formats and mixing with some of the world’s very best players.

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 17:57:17 

Hetmyer’s aggressive approach makes him ideally suited to limited-overs formats – especially T20 where since his debut he is the tenth-best batsman in the world according to CricViz Match Impact – but his consistency when attacking means his approach could well be sustainable in Test cricket too.

Traditionally the foundation of Test batting is said to be a solid defence, but as attacking batting – elevated and heightened by the T20 age – becomes more powerful and more reliable, Test cricket may find more players come at it from the other direction. Sehwag and David Warner were two early iconoclasts of the traditional approach and now with the likes of Hetmyer and also the similarly freakish Rishabh Pant bringing their aggressive methods to Test cricket we might be on the cusp of a coterie of players who turn Test batting on its head.

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 17:57:40 

Now, take a seat.

nick2020 2019-06-19 17:58:37 

In reply to JOJO

The thread is really fascinating when you poke your head in at intervals. I left it at a heated exchange of the complexities of the English Language and now I see we are onto Mathematics.

sudden 2019-06-19 18:01:03 

to Shimron Hetmeyer-

i apologise for attempting to tell you to bat properly. that you have the skills and cricket shots to be more effective consistently. i was wrong to so suggest. continue to clear your front leg and swing like Marlon Samuels. but dont forget that-

Across a substantial career a batting average is an effective measure of a batsman in Test cricket. But across a handful of matches – although it remains illustrative of quality – we can be less sure of its results. Shimron Hetmyer has a Test batting average of 29.70 (and a first-class average of 33.87) but to anyone who has watched him bat he is a clearly a very special talent with the potential to average significantly more by the end of his career.

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 18:02:49 

In reply to sudden

Yuh went wrong when ya decided to bring Morgan AND Samuels into it...

sudden 2019-06-19 18:04:23 

In reply to Sangfroid

seems so. i should have brought Sobers and Blackwood instead

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 18:07:16 

In reply to sudden

There was zero need to bring anyone into the discussion, unless of course, you wanted to compare.

sudden 2019-06-19 18:08:10 

In reply to Sangfroid

yet you have said nothing about Marlon Samuels?

Courtesy 2019-06-19 18:08:16 

Tells the story.

40 average is effective but does not speak to the consistency.

The following example should be clear to all and sundry.

Consider a batsman battings 4 innings:

Scenario 1. 150, 7, 3, 0. = ave = 40

Scenario 2. 38,41,42.39 = ave = 40

That's why we need the various methodologies to allow us to see the wood from the trees. In scenario 1 there is the data is highly skewed and indicates a lack of consistency.

Fraud, you can use these data sets above to work out mode, median, mean and SD and see how they are applied practically.

You skunt.

big grin

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 18:11:47 

In reply to Courtesy

Idiot, lol lol lol lol lol

Youuuuu still don't get it!!

In what way do you expect the SD is going to help in this discussion? Tell me...and why did you suggest the difference between the mean and median would give us better insights into Hetty's batting? WHY? No contortions, WHY?

Courtesy 2019-06-19 18:13:22 

In reply to Sangfroid

In what way do you expect the SD is going to help in this discussion?

lol lol lol

You facking skunt, your question above proves you know sweet fuckall. You just another garrulous, no brain, pretender Trini.

big grin

Now go GOOGLE to learn about the applicability of Standard Deviation or send your tuition fee for a statistics course from DeCourtesy... SKUNT!!!

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 18:17:10 

In reply to Courtesy

Banna, deh pon yuh ights. Yuh tink ya clever, but yuh izza nincompoop!

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 18:18:11 

I'm still waiting on your "analysis" using SD. You iz bare talks...

Courtesy 2019-06-19 18:19:06 

In reply to Sangfroid

Banna, deh pon yuh ights. Yuh tink ya clever, but yuh izza nincompoop!

If I had a liking for bobolee meat I would be having you for lunch, breakfast and dinner.

SKUNK.

lol lol lol

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 18:20:57 

I iz na Dukes, imma call yuh out on ya skunt...

natty_forever 2019-06-19 18:21:38 

In reply to Sangfroid

One raas delusional faak that. Trust me.

Courtesy 2019-06-19 18:22:50 

In reply to Sangfroid

Man stop climbing higher and exposing how bare your ass is. This is kindergarten stuff.

Facking Bobolee.

lol lol lol

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 18:24:38 

In reply to natty_forever

Of all the people of this board, Natty, I trust you. So, I take your word.

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 18:26:44 

In reply to sudden

yet you have said nothing about Marlon Samuels?

I made no comparison...steady yaself.

TheTrail 2019-06-19 18:28:59 

In reply to Courtesy

In reply to Dukes

Mate, don't look at just the average (mean). Please look at the difference between the Median and mean for Y2018 and Y2019 this should tell you a better story of the skewness of the data. Average (mean) on its own gives a limited perspective of the data set (limited view of what's happening).

This is interesting.

And I dare say it gives credence to Sudden's position. It does not point to consistency.

I'll be working out the Standard Deviation later.

Wait a sec, are you about to lecture us on Gaussian distribution today? smile lol

Courtesy 2019-06-19 18:30:55 

In reply to TheTrail

Yep, if de Fraud wants me to lecture him on Gaussian distribution. Kindergarten stuff man.

De Skunt is a pretender. De man asking me about the usefulness of doing Standard Deviation when confronted with a data set.

Skunk.

lol lol lol

tc1 2019-06-19 18:32:12 

In reply to Courtesy

The Defraud quoted Thomas Sowell as a great philosopher , that where he is intellectually.

TheTrail 2019-06-19 18:32:35 

Oops, there are two arguments going on here:

Courtesy and Duke

Sangfroid and Sudden

Interesting,continue.

Courtesy 2019-06-19 18:35:51 

In reply to tc1

The Defraud quoted Thomas Sowell as a great philosopher , that where he is intellectually.

lol lol lol

I have actually read some of his essays in economics while studying for my Degree in Health economics and Planning.

Dukes 2019-06-19 18:36:00 

In reply to Courtesy

Scenario 1. 150, 7, 3, 0. = ave = 40

Scenario 2. 38,41,42.39 = ave = 40

The batsman in scenario one has probably won 1 game for his team with a match winning 150.

The batsman in scenario 2 has probably not won any games for his team.

Who is more valuable to his team?

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 18:36:20 

In reply to tc1

Yuh finally show ya face again. Get it right - great thinker. By the way, I'm still waiting for the critique of at least two of his works...and no, I'm talking about what you might have read in The New York Times or saw on CNN. Your own, independent thoughts.

Courtesy 2019-06-19 18:37:07 

In reply to Dukes

The batsman in scenario one has probably won 1 game for his team with a match winning 150.

The batsman in scenario 2 has probably not won any games for his team.

Who is more valuable to his team?

If you are comfortable living in a world of speculation - by all means.

Conversely, he may have lost 3 games...but I avoid speculation at all costs.

big grin

Dukes 2019-06-19 18:40:28 

In reply to Courtesy

I have actually read some of his essays in economics while studying for my Degree in Health economics and Planning.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So FCUKING WHAT.!!!!!

Lemme tell yuh

Dukes gat a PhD in Message board Bullcrap with a special concentration in cricket trivia

So yes ress yuh rass!!!!!!!

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Courtesy 2019-06-19 18:42:59 

In reply to Dukes

Dukes gat a PhD in Message board Bullcrap with a special concentration in cricket trivia

Like you did'nt do any statistics with this course. No wonder.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Dukes, you need plenty of rest today man. That was unlike you today with all these weak arse posts.

sudden 2019-06-19 19:11:34 

In reply to Dukes

my apology to Shimron Hetmeyer-

i apologise for attempting to tell you to bat properly. that you have the skills and cricket shots to be more effective consistently. i was wrong to so suggest. continue to clear your front leg and swing like Marlon Samuels. but dont forget that-

Across a substantial career a batting average is an effective measure of a batsman in Test cricket. But across a handful of matches – although it remains illustrative of quality – we can be less sure of its results. Shimron Hetmyer has a Test batting average of 29.70 (and a first-class average of 33.87) but to anyone who has watched him bat he is a clearly a very special talent with the potential to average significantly more by the end of his career.

Courtesy 2019-06-19 19:31:21 

In reply to sudden

Dukes done.

He left the stage with his last act - an insignificant, dry comedic piece.

lol lol lol

You must say good bye to Dukes.

sudden 2019-06-19 19:36:47 

In reply to Courtesy

how about de Froid?

Courtesy 2019-06-19 19:39:25 

In reply to sudden

You mean Fraud? He climbed so high even monkey suck his balls and lick his ass from just below the forest canopy.

lol lol lol

tc1 2019-06-19 19:47:56 

In reply to Sangfroid

I am sure that he have not read any of Thomas’ books either, I responded to you yesterday on this topic add you did not respond
Who are you, you are an economist,a lawyer, a mathematician, a philosopher , most of all a fraudster.

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 19:48:33 

In reply to tc1

You did? Let me go check...

Courtesy 2019-06-19 19:50:14 

In reply to tc1

...most of all a fraudster.

Yes, a damn pretender fraudster.

He has calabash innards for a brain. He is empty...vacuous but pretends.

His third or fourth coming to attempt to do a hatchet job for Chrissy.

This time he is attempting to use the smooth operator approach.

big grin

RemainsUnknown 2019-06-19 19:55:06 

In reply to Dukes

Taking a look at this from a slightly different angle/perspective, it is reasonable to hypothesize (based on historical analysis & statistics) that by the time Hety gets to Morgan's age and the number of games Morgan has currently played, Hety would've been tremendously BETTER than Morgan currently is in his own right.

After 28 ODI innings (with both starting their careers around the same age --19 & 20 yo):

Morgan:

5, 50's
1, 100

and an average of 34.25 (800+ total runs)

Hety:

3, 50's
4, 100's

and an average of 40.64 (1,000+ total runs)

Suffice to say... Hety, after 28 ODI innings was and currently IS BETTER than Captain Morgan......

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

JOJO 2019-06-19 19:57:07 

In reply to nick2020

The thread is really fascinating when you poke your head in at intervals. I left it at a heated exchange of the complexities of the English Language and now I see we are onto Mathematics

What i find fascinating is the level of intellectual “midgetary” on display...and proudly so too!

sudden 2019-06-19 20:13:02 

In reply to JOJO

Dukes- there is something about Morgan. that is how Hety should be batting. Not clearing his front leg and swinging at everything. he is too good a batsman to be emulating Marlon Samuels.

that is the original post that sparked this. now if it descended into a "level of intellectual “midgetary”" i am to blame.

hahahahahahaha

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 20:13:18 

lol lol lol lol lol

Sudden will say, he was not comparing - he merely suggested Hetmyer "emulate" Morgan's stroke-play. Never mind a younger Morgan was not in Hetty's class.

sudden 2019-06-19 20:13:55 

In reply to Sangfroid

finally

sudden 2019-06-19 20:16:27 

In reply to Sangfroid

wait you posted Morgan's stats and did a work up on his career because in your words i compared him with Hety. but you never did a career work up on the other "comparison"Marlon Samuels. v interesting

nick2020 2019-06-19 20:21:33 

In reply to sudden

Sangfroid is too seasoned to be born May 21 2019. Who is he a reincarnation of?

Courtesy 2019-06-19 20:23:00 

In reply to nick2020

A Trini frausdster working on behalf of Chrissy.

big grin

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 20:23:20 

In reply to sudden

I did no such analysis on Morgan. But let's say I did....why would my failure to also look at Samuel's career be material?

sudden 2019-06-19 20:30:16 

In reply to Sangfroid

it would result in as much glee as you had when you celebrated the comparative post of RemainsUnknown

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 20:32:36 

In reply to sudden

it would result in as much as you had when you celebrated the comparative post of RemainsUnknown

Yea, but you didn't ask Hetty to "emulate" Samuels...Morgan was the standard. BTW, I didn't celebrate, I had a good laugh.

sudden 2019-06-19 20:34:20 

In reply to Sangfroid

like the difference between you and Courtesy

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 20:37:13 

In reply to sudden

One pontificates, the other shoots straight.

sudden 2019-06-19 20:38:48 

In reply to Sangfroid

i was thinking more along the lines of one is a froid and the other has the courtesy not to be

Courtesy 2019-06-19 20:46:46 

In reply to Sangfroid

Chrissy has a thread in the Back Room. Meet me there.

big grin

TheTrail 2019-06-19 21:11:00 

In reply to Dukes

Taking a look at this from a slightly different angle/perspective, it is reasonable to hypothesize (based on historical analysis & statistics) that by the time Hety gets to Morgan's age and the number of games Morgan has currently played, Hety would've been tremendously BETTER than Morgan currently is in his own right.

After 28 ODI innings (with both starting their careers around the same age --19 & 20 yo):

Morgan:

5, 50's
1, 100

and an average of 34.25 (800+ total runs)

Hety:

3, 50's
4, 100's

and an average of 40.64 (1,000+ total runs)

Suffice to say... Hety, after 28 ODI innings was and currently IS BETTER than Captain Morgan......

Well done.

1016 runs to be exact for Hetmeyer.

I was about to post that, but you beat me to it.

With that stat, I expect him to perform way better than Morgan at 100+ innings, just because of their trending averages from day one.

sudden 2019-06-19 21:23:27 

In reply to TheTrail

how is that germane to my lead post of

Dukes- there is something about Morgan. that is how Hety should be batting. Not clearing his front leg and swinging at everything. he is too good a batsman to be emulating Marlon Samuels.

TheTrail 2019-06-19 21:29:14 

In reply to sudden

I am replying to Remainsunknown.

You guys could duke it out with your lead post.

Here tek a single for your double, and tek fresh guard. lol: lol

Courtesy 2019-06-19 21:30:17 

In reply to TheTrail

lol lol lol

From day one Morgan averaged 99.

And no, you didn't help Sudden score the 200.

Dukes 2019-06-19 21:34:17 

In reply to JOJO

What i find fascinating is the level of intellectual “midgetary” on display...and proudly so too!

We welcome you to participate in this tread as we need an intellectual "Colossus" to balance out us midgets.

All are welcome. Diversity of intellect is our strength on this board.

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 21:38:01 

In reply to Dukes

lol

Discourse 2019-06-19 21:39:15 

In reply to sudden

Without intending to, Natty inadvertently hit the nail somewhere. wink

natty_forever 6/18/19, 8:31:58 PM
In reply to sudden

So by comparing how they both batted in their respective innings you came to that conclusion?

A discussion on two "particularly" contrasting innings has morphed into a comparison between the careers of the two individuals. lhm

TheTrail 2019-06-19 21:44:56 

In reply to Courtesy

In reply to TheTrail

lol lol lol

From day one Morgan averaged 99.

And no, you didn't help Sudden score the 200.

Morgan's 99 is what you call beginners luck.lol

No? Rass, I should have run Sudden out like Shai did...lol lol

Courtesy 2019-06-19 21:46:12 

In reply to TheTrail

lol lol lol

Ok it's day one beginners luck.

Thanks, but we move into another realm..

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 21:46:16 

In reply to Discourse

A discussion on two "particularly" contrasting innings has morphed into a comparison between the careers of the two individuals. lhm

There was no morphing...it was, by virtue of referencing another and suggesting one should "emulate" the other, a comparison...There is no escaping this.

Dukes 2019-06-19 21:49:22 

In reply to sudden

I find it curious that in the midst of the most important ODI matches i.e The World Cup you seek to inject Test average.To compound matters, you mistakenly(here I am being generous)post that Hetty's test average is 29.70 instead of 30.16.I rather suspect that the reluctance to actually post the 40.64 ODI average caused this rather odd deviation but nevertheless the presumably paltry average of 29.70 is still better than the abysmal 28.06 currently being posted by the current pride and joy of Bim who us mudbrains dare not criticize and who has been playing a tad longer in both first class and test cricket than the swiper/canecutter/clearer of his front leg/duncie young whippersnapper.As I observed in one of my early posts,FACTS CAN BE A STUBBORN MOFO.

BTW Spuds thinks that Hetty can not bat and should watch tapes of Don Pagon to learn how to bat.

He sends his regards and is enjoying how you are schooling me on the intricacies of batting.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Courtesy 2019-06-19 21:49:53 

In reply to Discourse

A discussion on two "particularly" contrasting innings has morphed into a comparison between the careers of the two individuals.

A jackass made a tangential move in order to impress his employer Chrissy.

big grin

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 21:51:20 

compare

verb

1.estimate, measure, or note the similarity or dissimilarity between.

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 21:53:43 

comparison

noun

1.a consideration or estimate of the similarities or dissimilarities between two things or people.

Discourse 2019-06-19 21:55:09 

In reply to Sangfroid

The comparison was clearly made between the innings and not the individuals.

Ask Natty...

natty_forever 6/18/19, 8:31:58 PM
In reply to sudden

...and that doesn't mean your definition is wrong wink

Courtesy 2019-06-19 21:57:08 

con·trast
noun

the state of being strikingly different from something else in juxtaposition or close association.

The above definition is selective, precise and concise. Its use is reserved for posters who are nuanced and not straight jacketed.

The use of the word in its precise meaning differentiates the men from the boys...those with a flair for words...public speakers...

big grin

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 21:57:39 

In reply to Discourse

The comparison was clearly made between the innings and not the individuals.

Um....no...

There is something about Morgan... that is how Hety should be batting. Not clearing his front leg and swinging at everything. he is too good a batsman to be emulating Marlon Samuels.

sudden 2019-06-19 22:04:50 

In reply to Sangfroid

his particular way of batting (playing normal cricket shots) in that particular innings as opposed to Hety clearing his front leg and swinging like Marlon Samuels---jeez what is so difficult to understand

Courtesy 2019-06-19 22:07:08 

In reply to sudden

Let me remind you that you said "you have time for him."

He is depending on you now to play to the gallery.

The Fraud.

As soon as he comes, I lick him down hard.

lol lol lol

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 22:08:18 

In reply to sudden

his particular way of batting (playing normal cricket shots) in that particular innings as opposed to Hety clearing his front leg and swinging like Marlon Samuels---jeez what is so difficult to understand

lol lol lol lol

This too sweet...SOOOOOO, you are saying Marlon has never played such an innings to point Hetty in that direction/innings?

lol lol lol lol

Tooo sweeet..... cool

The contortions!

sudden 2019-06-19 22:08:39 

In reply to Dukes

as i recall Spuds used to say as long as the batsman get to the pitch of the ball. by clearing his front leg and swinging can you say that Hety is getting to the pitch of the ball?

BTW that particular cited bit about averages was to highlight that where you are now is no guarantee of where you may end up.

sudden 2019-06-19 22:09:46 

In reply to Sangfroid

quite an ass you are as opposed to Josh

big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 22:10:49 

Like I said, banna...it is inescapable.
lol

sudden 2019-06-19 22:11:01 

In reply to Courtesy

i take that back man

even Dukes have given up on him big grin

Courtesy 2019-06-19 22:11:35 

In reply to sudden

lol lol lol

Good fi you.

sudden 2019-06-19 22:15:42 

In reply to Discourse

there you have it

sudden 2019-06-19 22:18:29 

In reply to Sangfroid

you said this

There was no morphing...it was, by virtue of referencing another and suggesting one should "emulate" the other, a comparison...There is no escaping this.

where did i say Hety should "emulate" Morgan?

i said=

Dukes- there is something about Morgan. that is how Hety should be batting. that is how Hety should be batting. Not clearing his front leg and swinging at everything. he is too good a batsman to be emulating Marlon Samuels..

isnt there some clue in the statement- "Not clearing his front leg and swinging at everything. he is too good a batsman to be emulating Marlon Samuels" refers to style and not career comparison. even if that was the case why have you never mentioned or compared Marlon's career with Hety and or Margan's?

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 22:26:24 

In reply to sudden

if anything i am saying he should not be batting like Samuels- clearing his front leg and swinging. if anything that is the comparison. Morgan played proper cricket shots which i believe Hety have in his repertoire or that he can develop.

Courtesy 2019-06-19 22:30:39 

In reply to sudden

"You have scotch'd the snake not killed it."

lol lol lol

sudden 2019-06-19 22:33:03 

In reply to Sangfroid

Froid in style man. consistently playing good cricket shots you wanker

Sangfroid 2019-06-19 22:34:33 

cool

Courtesy 2019-06-19 22:36:33 

In reply to Sangfroid

It took you a long time to get the gist of the thread...you are a Fraud trying to create an impression. You are not of that timbre.

In fact, you are an empty Fraud.

I hope Sudden has killed the snake "for good".

big grin

sudden 2019-06-19 22:38:06 

In reply to Courtesy

he failed to highlight this portion big grin big grin

sudden 2019-06-19 22:38:48 

In reply to Courtesy

he is as thick as the amazon

Courtesy 2019-06-19 22:39:14 

In reply to sudden

You seeit too.

De Fraud.

All that awaits him is his burial...no, no, no he may have young vipers in his belly. I say burn him instead.

big grin

nick2020 2019-06-20 14:34:23 

In reply to sudden

It was a belligerent knock but congrats on your double

natty_forever 2019-06-20 16:43:31 

In reply to sudden

"that is how Hety should be batting."

Sangfroid 2019-06-20 16:45:18 

Don't let them die just quite yet... lol Let let them suffer a bit more...

Courtesy 2019-06-20 19:45:36 

In reply to nick2020

It was a belligerent knock but congrats on your double

Indeed, indeed. Sudden for Bajan PM.

Btw, it says a lot when your only cheerleader is a Natty pork eating rasscal.

big grin

natty_forever 2019-06-20 19:56:40 

Better than a batty licker!

Courtesy 2019-06-20 19:59:08 

lol lol lol

I just throw me lil' corn.

Some of us need to lighten up ...
natty_forever 6/20/19, 4:03:13 PM
… have a drink (smoke) like CussDem before coming on here. Even when he cussing he laafing and smiling all bout the place! Have a good day!

I know you Rasscal have eating pork before posting...not too sure about smoking de caca boeuf.

big grin

natty_forever 2019-06-20 20:04:56 

Delusional as Faak! Quoting Rasta and have no idea what the Dread a seh!

Courtesy 2019-06-20 20:08:21 

Pork eating Rasscal.

And you have plenty insights on me. Damn pussycat.

lol lol lol

Sangfroid 2019-06-20 20:08:59 

In reply to Courtesy

Me cum into this worl alone,champ....my ideas are formed thru independent thought. I dnt need or care for cheerleaders. That's for ur kind...

natty_forever 2019-06-20 20:09:50 

Don Quixote you good? You seeing Pork-mills now?

No insights, just when you type, I see you clearly!

Courtesy 2019-06-20 20:11:13 

In reply to Sangfroid

Thanks for dumping Rasscal Natty. You seem better than the Rasscal who can hardly string two sentences together. You have done the right thing Fraud. Rasscal cannot even help you to clean your own vomit on this thread. Disavow yourself of that Rassclat.

Baby steps dat Fraud, on the road to humility and knowing rank here..

Next time look around first to determine who you can beat up on...start with Natty Posrkeating Rasscal.

lol lol lol

natty_forever 2019-06-20 20:13:12 

In reply to Sangfroid

Reminds me of Trump.

sudden 2019-06-20 20:14:34 

natty you ought to be ashamed man

natty_forever 2019-06-20 20:16:47 

In reply to sudden

Why?

Sangfroid 2019-06-20 20:17:00 

Ignore them chaps...remember, it's all about "smoke and mirrors", little substance. When them ready fuh par on real issues, them can call...

natty_forever 2019-06-20 20:17:53 

In reply to Sangfroid

Word!

sudden 2019-06-20 20:18:49 

re starting this thread big grin

natty_forever 2019-06-20 20:25:05 

In reply to sudden

not smart like you all. And how else a going learn to "string two sentences together".
big grin

Courtesy 2019-06-20 20:30:49 

In reply to Sangfroid

Ignore them chaps...remember, it's all about "smoke and mirrors", little substance. When them ready fuh par on real issues, them can call...

Good. Now that you have stopped barking and you have determined your rightful place in the pecking order. I will start your training tomorrow. This evening you will have to be de-wormed.

lol lol lol

Courtesy 2019-06-21 12:46:32 

What's on the menu today?

Oh, it's the start of training.

lol lol lol

natty_forever 2019-06-21 15:06:38 

What Morgan saying today. Should we do a comparison with his last inning? What Was the difference today?

Courtesy 2019-06-21 17:26:26 

Bump.

Sangfroid 2019-06-21 17:29:07 

big grin Yes, let's look at the similarities and dissimilarities - compare-, shall we?