The Independent Voice of West Indies Cricket

Message Board Archives

Guyana’s No Confidence Vote Upheld by CCJ

Runs 2019-06-18 15:07:47 

On June 24 the parties will advise CCJ on their plans for a new Gecom chairman and elections. Hopefully they can agree lol

anthonyp 2019-06-18 15:17:54 

In reply to Runs

BREAKING: CCJ rules majority is 33 not 34, No Confidence Motion ‘properly’ passed

BREAKING: Appointment of GECOM Chair breached constitution – CCJ rules

Runs 2019-06-18 15:53:01 

In reply to anthonyp

That was nonsense all along

Bigzinc 2019-06-18 15:56:57 

In reply to Runs

guyana full of corrupt people from the government down...its a way of life and very much part of the culture of the place.

ray 2019-06-18 15:59:43 

good job by CCJ

anthonyp 2019-06-18 16:07:49 

In reply to Runs

It's Guyana anything goes here.. Ah see they transferring millions to the personal accounts of Minister Broomes children..

After somebody from Office of the President leak the info Harmon decide to come out and say it's for scholarship lol

Runs 2019-06-18 16:11:59 

In reply to anthonyp

I saw that, regardless it was a lot of money. Ivy League huh lol Yet life pun d dam nah gat food fuh d pot.

Chrissy 2019-06-18 16:25:26 

In reply to Runs

Very interesting - this was always likely to happen.

maj 2019-06-18 16:27:56 

In reply to Runs

Everything about this government is illegal, their standing and appointments.

steveo 2019-06-18 16:38:41 

In reply to anthonyp

For me the GECOM Chairman's appointment was the biggest crime and it is a hedged bet to rig elections.

Thank god there is no biased Guyanese at the CCJ.

Runs 2019-06-18 16:40:06 

Give the Amerindian party a chance to govern now. cool

steveo 2019-06-18 16:50:11 

In reply to Runs

Amerindian party

They have limited experience. They might end up selling out guyana for glass beads or some such sh!t

Runs 2019-06-18 16:50:49 

In reply to steveo

Ow man ow lol

ray 2019-06-18 16:50:54 

In reply to steveo

lol lol lol

steveo 2019-06-18 16:54:34 

In reply to Runs,ray

lol lol lol

Curtis 2019-06-18 17:00:52 

I guess Basil fail constitution math at UWI

steveo 2019-06-18 17:04:55 

In reply to Curtis

I guess Basil fail constitution math at UWI

Basil reached his heights not because of competence, but because of his force of personality

I have watched a case of his in person and he bullies the young magistrates and judges across the country

Curtis 2019-06-18 17:07:00 

In reply to steveo

Not impressive at all

Runs 2019-06-18 17:09:02 

In reply to steveo

DT like

steveo 2019-06-18 17:18:10 

In reply to Runs

DT like

DT is a great man

Curtis 2019-06-18 17:24:14 

So I guess election getting call soon.

What are the PPP chances?

Curtis 2019-06-18 17:49:39 

Just saw a Granger statement on this where he references PPP failures and urges calm.

steveo 2019-06-18 17:56:37 

In reply to Curtis

What are the PPP chances?

In a fair and free elections, PPP should win by a landslide

The votes the AFC stole from the PPP should go back to them

The PPP base will be motivated and who didnt vote last time will turn out (like me)

However, I expect the Granger administration to attempt some smoke and mirrors, if the PPP wins, I expect them to find some fault in the process and continue to hold on to power

Runs 2019-06-18 17:58:14 

In reply to steveo

I want to see fresh faces on PPP ticket cool

steveo 2019-06-18 18:04:10 

In reply to Runs

I want to see fresh faces on PPP ticket

Me too, I am extremely disappointed at Ifran Ali, I dont care about credentials, he does not cut the "figure " of a president.

I think the PPP missed a trick there, but what I have come to realize is that the two parties, PPP and PNC are more entrenched than ever, and is only the old soldiers "getting wuk". I dont expect the PPP to bring in more middle-of-the-road people into the fold.

Runs 2019-06-18 18:08:09 

In reply to steveo

Exactly, you guys have to reject them. Zero to corruption, jail the vagabonds. It has destroyed that beautiful country. Eradicate at all levels.

Curtis 2019-06-18 18:15:08 

Could not believe, I guess based on perception, that Irfan was chosen

Bring on the best of the best regardless of party

Runs 2019-06-18 18:21:07 

In reply to Curtis

Nigel was the one who pushed, had an epiphanic moment( is there such a word lol) lol

Dukes 2019-06-19 05:03:55 

In reply to steveo

The PPP base will be motivated and who didnt vote last time will turn out (like me)

Notwithstanding the grotesque incompetence of the current administration, you really believe that Irfan will be a good President,one that you as a Guyanese patriot could be proud of???

Basil reminds me of a statement by the late great Professor Rolf Richards: YOUNG MAN,YOUR ARROGANCE IS ONLY EXCEEDED BY YOUR IGNORANCE

Runs 2019-06-19 13:05:15 

In reply to Dukes

lol

Star 2019-06-20 02:11:33 

In reply to Chrissy
Likely to happen yes but what will happen if the Gov't ignores the CCJ's ruling?

Runs 2019-06-20 02:19:00 

In reply to Star

Will be slapped with foreign sanctions etc cool

anthonyp 2019-06-20 13:21:16 

In reply to Star & Runs

They already ignoring the CCJ ruling.. Up to yesterday the President said that the CCJ need to tell him why the appointment of the GECOM chairman is flawed and he don't think he did anything wrong lol

Plus he said that there is about 200,000 incorrect entries on the current voters list.. De same list that was used for Local Government Elections late last year.. They didn't had a problem with it then but all of a sudden is over 200,000 mistake on it lol

De man also said that people who reached the age of 18 not on the list.. He gotta be on something special because GECOM normally register people from 14yrs up so the ones turning 18 should've been captured in the last house to house.

Politics in this country is nuff laugh

lol

Larr Pullo 2019-06-20 13:54:54 

Patterson was appointed 19th October 2017, pursuant to proviso of Article 161 (2) of the Constitution.
Article 161 (2) provides for the appointment of a Chairman based on a process in consensual process in which a list of six persons, “not unacceptable to the president,” is submitted by the opposition leader.

The proviso allows for the appointment to be made unilaterally, where the opposition leader fails to submit a list “as provided for.” Jagdeo submitted three lists, which were all rejected by Granger.

Jagdeo submitted three lists (as prescribed by the constitution). The three lists were unacceptable to Granger.

Granger then unilaterally appointed a chairman (as prescribed by the constitution).

What's the problem here?

Runs 2019-06-20 15:04:23 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Jagdeo submitted three lists, which were all rejected by Granger.

I am thinking that the learned and distinguished judges from the CCJ did not find a fit and proper cause for Granger to have rejected and in turn install his own choice? He cannot unilaterally appoint after being provided lists.
There is nothing in the constitution that says he can go and so choose even after he has received lists from the leader of the opposition.
What says ye? cool

ray 2019-06-20 15:21:54 

In reply to Larr Pullo

CCJ obviously came to the conclusion that it was wrong

steveo 2019-06-20 16:13:55 

In reply to Dukes

Notwithstanding the grotesque incompetence of the current administration, you really believe that Irfan will be a good President,one that you as a Guyanese patriot could be proud of???

I dont think Irfan was the best that the PPP had to offer, but I think he would be a competent president with the very experienced PPP machinery behind him. But before you say experienced in thieving, well Granger had his chance to jail them, since there was no results, I do not know how much of the thieving was reality and how much was mud slinging.

The PNC after ignoring the no-confidence motion and delaying the issue to the CCJ, are now hoping to further delay by calling for a fresh house to house registration saying the current voters list is outdated and that youths would be denied the chance to vote.

From what I understand this is a complete falsehood and lie to the public to extend their stay in office.

Young people from 14 years and older was registered at the last registration which was active up to last year,2018. It is a simple matter to extract those people that are now 18years and insert them into an updated voters list.

The PPP can never get away with the lawlessness perpetuated by this administration, which is why they have to be a more accountable govt. Jagdeo said an insensitive and uncomfortable truth, that if the PPP were doing what this govt is doing, PNC supporters would be burning down GT.

Those are my thoughts that my currently taxed brain has come up with....

steveo 2019-06-20 16:24:43 

In reply to Runs

I am thinking that the learned and distinguished judges from the CCJ did not find a fit and proper cause for Granger to have rejected and in turn install his own choice? He cannot unilaterally appoint after being provided lists.
There is nothing in the constitution that says he can go and so choose even after he has received lists from the leader of the opposition.
What says ye?

Well the constitution did not explicitly say Granger cant reject to perpetuity and also it did not explicitly state that Granger MUST give a reason for his rejection.

So to a smart-man, he sees an opportunity to slide thru this crack to reject without reason and then install his own pick because someone MUST be there.

To a regular person its obvious this is not the intention and spirit of the constitution. The judges recognized this and say the process was "flawed", now Granger want reason for flaw, ironic since he did not provide reason for rejecting anyone or all on the lists.

Runs 2019-06-20 18:30:19 

More bacchanal

Opposition Leader Bharrat Jagdeo Thursday afternoon indicated that the opposition will be asking the Caribbean Court of Justice (CCJ) to order that elections be held within three months and that the Chairman of the Guyana Elections Commission (GECOM) be replaced. “Elections have to be held within three months,” Jagdeo stated at a press conference at his Church Street, Georgetown office. He said that that timeframe is “generous” given the time that has elapsed since the passage of the No Confidence motion.
https://newsroom.gy/2019/06/20/elections-must-be-held-within-three-months-jagdeo/

Larr Pullo 2019-06-20 18:42:48 

In reply to Runs

CCJ could "order"? lol lol lol

Runs 2019-06-20 18:45:14 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Failed state, ayuh try with them

Larr Pullo 2019-06-20 18:48:28 

In reply to Runs

You're the one who wants to go set up fishing tourism ent? lol lol

Runs 2019-06-20 18:54:15 

In reply to Larr Pullo

I told Manniram he dismissed me, when I said I want to set up as a business he quickly pulled out his business card and said to visit his office. lol
I mustbe look to him like I born in bush, he ain’t know is a fullblood GTite he dealing with.

I see Lubey say he used to beat up nuff a ya’all lampy pampy bowling back in his days and none can bat him lol

Larr Pullo 2019-06-20 18:59:15 

In reply to Runs

Lubey was a genuine all-rounder with a FC hundred to his name. Where's the shame in that? lol lol

Runs 2019-06-20 19:02:59 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Was us youths idol, one a QC’s best, he genuinely moved the ball, that team with Jacko n them would trash present day WI.

Larr Pullo 2019-06-20 19:14:04 

In reply to Runs

Yeah top cricketer and great guy. Clayton Lambert used to run away from Lubey. Clive Lloyd thought he had the tools to make it all the way until he was derailed by the accident.

Runs 2019-06-20 19:17:17 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Ok, yea he was, a pastor now?
Barry was my boy too he saw early promise and had me batting in nets during practice sessions but I ain’t had time for that, clubbing and chicas were more of a priority. Had a skinny fella named Welcome used to bowl good and of course Cort, Bradshaw and crew.

Larr Pullo 2019-06-20 19:27:20 

In reply to Runs

You must be really young. Skinny fella name Welcome along with Brown (Lubey's older brother) were the opening bowlers from school cricket to Inter County. That was before Lubey made it. When Lubey played under 19 for Guyana he played against a touring English team with a batsman named Neil Mallender who played a few games for England. I think he's an umpire now. Mallender took Lubey to the cleaners that day. According to Orrin Samuels who spent the day chasing balls all over Bourda and furious, Lubey was bowling "straight pon de man bat.." lol lol lol

Runs 2019-06-20 19:32:30 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Yea I much younger but always was a “forced ripe” type hung with the big boys who I could learn from. Those were the good old days, had an opening bats Gansham Singh who was talented and a big tall indian spinner from Kitty who could hit if far, plus the Ramgopaul bros who kept and batted well. I represented in under 16, then left the land.

Lubey kinda tired early being a big fella, brown aka roger was much quicker. wink

Larr Pullo 2019-06-20 19:38:33 

In reply to Runs

Lubey got tired early because he was burning the candle at both ends and in the middle... lol lol lol

Brown was way faster but was more into basketball, he was a good athlete too, 100 and 200 meter runner.

Runs 2019-06-20 19:40:59 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Ok, the third one was talented too but lil wayward. Those were the good old days banas, Dukesie must be way before that, gun can’t relate. lol

Larr Pullo 2019-06-20 19:47:07 

In reply to Runs

the third one was talented too but lil wayward.

That was the "fourth" one... lol lol lol

maj 2019-06-20 19:52:46 

In reply to Runs

Failed state, ayuh try with them

i see you are coming around..LOL

big grin big grin

Runs 2019-06-20 19:53:21 

In reply to Larr Pullo

Ok lol

Runs 2019-06-20 19:56:11 

In reply to maj

I tell ya’all give back to the Amerindians, the true Guyanese, LJP Shuman for pressy. Both sides had chances and can’t cut it.